Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Help

2 posters
Vince Newman
IC Posts : 406

Vince Newman
He wasn't sure why he had been so keen on getting him a present. It wasn't like they were actually friends or something. But after what Sang had told him, he understood why it felt like one big misunderstanding. Maybe if he had been calmer and actually explained what he thought was going on.. Vince shook his head, the past was in the past, he had to focus on the present and the nearby future. That was the best for all of them. Lingering in the past was never a good thing. Taking a deep breath, he let his finger go over the different things he had the luxury to chose from.

He hummed softly, with the present underneath his arm. He had opted for something small, something useful for a person like Ming. He hoped that this would at least show the blind man that he wasn't as bad, that he just wanted to be on equal speaking terms. The feeling that a friend of Sang didn't like him, even though he had tried to make it right, it gave him an ick. A bit preoccupied with his own thoughts, Vince walked into the lobby of the building, ready to take the elevator up when he noticed the characteristic long black hair of the one he had actually been looking for. "Ming. Hi." He said carefully, not walking up too close to the man. "I was actually just.." He shook his head. "Nevermind. It's good to see you."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vinnie
Birthday: 01-04-2003
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

These last few weeks had been rough and Míngzé couldn’t say he was doing too good. There were bags under his eyes caused by a lack of sleep that only seemed to get worse. Each week it felt like his life was falling apart more and more. In his eyes it could all be traced back to one thing. The thorn in his foot called an affinity.

Míngzé’s only reason for going downstairs that day was because had to empty his mailbox. Lucky for him, there was not much in it. His long black hair fell over his shoulders like a curtain as he hadn’t cared enough to tie it together. Not when all he wanted to do was grab his mail and nothing else.

He was on his way back, when a familiar voice sounded in his ears. Fuck. Míngzé had wanted to avoid this confrontation for as long as possible. It was worse enough that he had failed to listen to him when he stood at his doorstep a few weeks ago, and his— conflict— or whatever it was with Sāng did not help.

“Uh— yeah— hi.” Míngzé could hit himself against the head for how stupid that sounded. It seemed like the other wanted to tell him something, but decided against it. “Wish I could say the same.” That was even worse. “I didn’t mean— not like— what I meant— a joke, it was a joke, you know, with the—” With the letters in hand he gestured at his head in some weird movement. All this time he’d wondered what he would say to the kid if he saw him again. This horrible attempt at a joke was not among it.

“Forget it. How have you been?” At that point it was better to move on and ignore his little slip up. He already felt bad enough towards Vince and he did not want to make it worse.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Ok, this started a bit more awkward then he wanted to. Wondering why Ming had this intention to start making blind jokes every time they met. Vince only chuckled a bit, hoping that this wasn't something that only happened while around him. "It's alright, Ming." He said, trying to sooth the man. As it looked like he had spooked the man, without even noticing it. Wanting to say more, he opened his mouth, slamming it shut when he thought that it might not be his place to ask it.

He shrugged when Ming asked how it had been. "Difficult," He admitted softly. "I don't know what Sang told you." Fiddling with his foot on the ground, while he averted his gaze from the man. "But that's not important." Shaking his head, he grabbed the little present he was holding in his hand. "This might not be the best moment, but ehh.." Fuck, why was this more difficult then he wanted it to. "I got you a little present from Baesin. If you want it, at least. It might make your day by day easier."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé had no idea why he kept doing this. These stupid jokes had to stop but it seemed impossible. This time it did not seem to bother Vince, which was reassuring. Not that it made any of this any easier. There was no denying the guilt he felt towards the other and in return it also made him feel awkward around him.

Vince confessed to him that things were difficult, which was to be expected. To keep himself from sighing, he softly bit down on his lip. “Enough for me to know that I owe you an apology,” he decided to say. It was true. At that time, the other had been justified in their concern, only for Míngzé to brush aside everything. All because he refused to take Vince seriously.

When heard that the other had brought him a present, one of his eyebrows shot up and he took a step back. “No I— I really can’t accept this,” Míngzé said as he held up his hands in front of him. After everything it would feel wrong to accept anything. “It’s really kind of you but— you shouldn’t have.” Truth be told, if anyone should be handing out I’m sorry-presents, it was him. Not Vince. At least, he assumed that this was what it was, because he felt like he owed an apology.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Vince shook his head when Ming said that he knew enough to know that he needed to apology. "It's alright. If I wasn't in a state of panic I might have told you ehh better what was going on. I gave you half a story, it's normal that you reacted sceptical." He smiled softly. He couldn't blame Ming for how he acted, he would probably have done the same as some kid came to his door with a half ass story like that.

He held up his hand, remembered that he wasn't sure if Ming could see it and lowered it alright. "No, please. I won't take a no for it." It was only a small box, not much bigger then a phone case, that he handed over to the man. "It's the least I could do for giving you so much trouble." Fidgeting a bit with his sleeve, he lowered his gaze to the package that he had given the man. "I hope you don't mind that I got it imported from Baesin. We don't seem to have the technology here just yet." A soft chuckle could be heard. He had seen the difference in advances between Cerynia and Baesin and hoped that eventually the two regions could be friends, so that they could share these advances. "It's a scanner, either for on your cane or on your phone. It connect to your phone and tells you what it sees. It makes reading or navigating easier. In case ehh." He stopped, not sure if it was his place to talk about this. "In case pokémon don't work out."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Recalling that day, Míngzé could only speculate on what he could have done differently. Maybe if he had taken things seriously, Sāng wouldn't have ended up getting stabbed. Or maybe he would have. It was impossible to know, without knowing any of the details. “It all sounded so very insignificant back then,” he sighed. What happened, happened, they could not turn back time. “Still, I’m sorry for not taking you more seriously.” When he apologized to the kid, it felt like a pressure fell off his shoulders.

The gift Vince had bought for him was something else entirely. Míngzé did not feel like he deserved even the smallest of gifts. His shoulders dropped a bit when it became clear he had to accept whatever it was. Hopefully it was nothing more than a small souvenir. A keychain of some mountain in Beasin. While he wanted to argue further, he felt like it would not matter anyway.

“Alright,” he said while extending his hand with the palm facing upwards. It quickly became clear that it was not a stupid keychain. Once it was in his hand, he moved it around trying to discern what it was. It was Vince who had to explain it. Míngzé’s jaw dropped at the explanation. “This— this is too much.” He could only imagine how expensive this must have been. “I can’t possibly—” he started before he cut himself off. If he denied it now, it would only be a waste of money. “Thank you Vince, I mean it.” Besides all the conflicting feelings, he was grateful for this gift.

“How does it work exactly?” He grabbed his phone out of his pocket, holding both items next to each other.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He laughed hollow. Now he finally understood why Ming had such a problem with him knocking on his door and explaining the way he did. It all seemed insignificant if you didn't understood the things behind him. "Let it go, Ming. It's in the past, it doesn't matter." He said with a smile. He was already happy that they could talk it out. It wasn't that he thought that Ming was a bad person, they had just started on a bad foot, which was mostly his own fault. So this was already a good step forward.

When he explained what the present was, and Ming told him that it was too much, he only shook his head. "It's nothing." He dismissed it, thinking for a moment before following up. "I sort of inherited a big sum of money, so truly, it's nothing. And this technology isn't the newest in Baesin. So there is that." He scratched the back of his head, feeling how this became awkward at a very fast paste. "But I'm glad you like it. I don't know how the situation is with your pokémon, but at least this can help you a bit." The question how it worked, after Ming grabbed his phone, made Vince's face light up. He was not the most tech savvy from Baesin, but he knew the more common bits and pieces, which included things like these. "May I?" He asked, holding out his hand to take over Ming's phone. "It's a very easy installing process, but it's faster if I do it."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

It was a mystery to Míngzé what exactly had happened to both Vince and Sāng. One got stabbed and the other had to go to Baesin for family matters. As the other now told him he inherited a big sum of money, Míngzé could only assume someone had died. It made a frown appear on his forehead, one with a hint of worry. A soft hum rolled over his lips at another mention of his pokémon. “As far as I’m aware none of them can read, it will be useful either way.” There was a small smile on his lips as he said that.

Mingze moved it through his fingers a bit more before coming to the conclusion that he had no idea what to do next. The choice was quickly made when Vince offered his help and he held both devices towards him. “Go ahead.” As he waited he crossed his arms over his chest. “How is Sāng? It’s been a while since I last saw him. He eh— told me he got stabbed.” Seeing as Vince was in the building where they lived, he probably knew all about it.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Vince couldn't help but chuckle a bit when Ming told him that both his pokémon couldn't read. "Touché, I guess." He muttered softly. When the man held out both his devices to him to install the little hardware, he gladly accepted it. With a bit of handy work, he installed the little camera on his phone, that replaced one of the camera’s already existing on the device. ”So. Now you only have to point it towards something and it will tell you what it is. Keep in mind that if you want to disable the feature, you have to press the volume up and power button at the same time for two seconds. It’s the same for enabling the feature. It will tell you if it’s enabled or disabled.” Vince thought for a moment. ”Oh, it’s enabled by default, just that you know.” He said with a smile.

When Ming changed the subject to Sang, he smiled into nothingness. ”He’s fine. Happy that I’m back home.” He opened his mouth to say a bit more about that, but closed it when thinking that it might have been a bit too much information. ”The apartment is getting crowded though, with all my pokémon and his. So maybe I’ll start looking for something bigger for both of us.” He shrugged. He had done some searching already, but couldn’t really decide what kind of house he wanted to get just yet. ”And how’s your life?”
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé loosely crossed his arms over his chest as he let Vince do all the work. This way it was done right form the first try. It would be a shame if such a great gift broke immediately. To him it was still too much, but as Vince did not take no for an answer, he would accept it. From his explanation it sounded like a very good tool to have, one that might truly be of use to him.

When it was done, Míngzé grabbed his phone again and followed the instructions given to him by Vince. Disabled The voice of his phone sounded. He did it again, only this time he heard enabled. Now all that was left was to try it out. “So all I have to do is point at something,” Míngzé muttered to himself before turning towards the elevator. Out of order. A smile formed itself on his lips. So the elevator was broken. Again. “This is a great gift, thank you, Vince.” This would definitely make his life easier.  

He hummed softly as Vince told him Sāng was doing fine, which hopefully meant his wound was healing nicely. “Yeah, I’ve noticed, there were a lot of them.” Most of them had found a place to sleep during the truth or dare session they had, but nonetheless they were there. “I’m happy to hear that the both of you are moving forward, you deserve it.” All he knew about the struggles they’ve faced were bits and pieces, but from what he knew it was severe. They deserved to find happiness.  

“It’s alright, there have been ups and downs, but who doesn’t have those, right?” There was a small smile on his lips. While things between them seemed alright now, his trust in the other was still small.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
With a smile on his face he nodded, glad that there was at least something Ming was happy about, given the fact that it came from him. He couldn't help him find his pokémon back, nor help him reason with whatever it was that he was struggling with the last time. But with this he was certain that it would make his life easier, and it only took him a trip back home.

Vince chuckled softly when Ming said that there were a lot of pokémon at the apartment. Softly counting in his head, he sighed. "Six of mine, four of Sang." Five, if he had counted the Metagross that was still tucked away in the ornate pokéball. He still wasn't sure of Sang would keep the pokémon, or that he had to find another owner for it. As he was not capable of taking care of it, just not yet. "It's getting cramped." He laughed dry. "So it's time for an upgrade, and I don't think Sang would mind moving out of this place. Getting rid of the memories, finally leaving the past behind."

When he asked how the man in front of him was doing, he got a rather generic answer. But he had learned not to pry more information out of him. Not after what happened last time. "Right." He answered with a oft smile. "Oh, that reminds me. Last time, when I was at your door, I heard barking coming from your room. Do you have more pokémon besides the Inteleon?" It was just a simple question, but one that he had been curious about for some time now. And talking about pokémon was the only thing he felt comfortable about.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

His jaw dropped a bit when Vince told him how many pokémon were living in that small apartment. “That’s a lot.” Which was to put it mildly. With three people in his apartment it already felt like it was too much. Míngzé softly hummed, understanding why it was one of the reasons they would soon move out. “I don’t think anyone minds an upgrade from this place,” he said with a small smile. It wasn't terrible, but it was evident that this place was one of the more affordable apartment blocks. “Have you talked to him about these big plans yet?” The way Vince talked about all this, gave him the idea that he hadn’t.

The mention of Qiān made Míngzé clench his jaw. It was a problem he always pushed to the back of his mind, one he had to take care of at some point. He just did not know how to solve the problem. “Yeah, there are three more. Two of them, a vulpix and houndour, don’t take up much space. The ninetales is a different story, but we’re managing.” They had to, because they had no other option.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Laughing a bit shyly, he scratched the back of his head. "It somehow get out of hand, I'm afraid." He sighed when he noticed the reaction of Ming when he told the man how many pokémon they got at home. Granted, he had not expected to gain two Ralts' at the same time and he really didn't want to bring the Metagross back to here, but there hadn't been any other way. Vince looked away when Ming inquired if he had spoken with San about his plans. "Not yet. I kind of want it to be a surprise. I have the feeling that Sang is not well, as accustomed to having this kind of money yet and I don't want to scare him off."

He felt a stab of guilt when he asked about the Inteleon and seeing Ming's reaction to it. Maybe this wasn't the best subject to talk about, but he really wanted to stir away from having the conversation being solely about him. He listened when the man explained that he had three new pokémon, three pokémon that actually suited his condition. "Oh, that's great. A vulpix and a ninetales you say? Kantonian or Alolan?" Quickly, Vince wondered if the blind man would know the different. "Oh, wait. Mhm. Are they warm or cold." He chuckled, hoping to not offence Ming with how he had to explain it.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé raised an eyebrow when Vince confessed that he had not said anything to Sāng yet, but also his mention of money. Seemed like his friend had hit the jackpot with this boyfriend of his. “That is quite the surprise, a whole house,” Míngzé said a bit stunned. It was not everyday you heard someone talking about buying someone a whole house. ”I'm certain he'll be relieved to leave this place,” Because who wouldn’t. It was not bad, but hardly great.

Míngzé was aware that some pokémon had different forms that depended on the region they were born in. Yet that is also where his knowledge ended. He raised an eyebrow at the question asked. “I have no—” Luckily Vince elaborated some more. “Hard to tell, the ninetales is definitely warm, so I assume she is from Kanto. The other— she does not let me touch her,” Míngzé ended with a soft sigh, although there was a smile on his lips. EVen though they were not great companions, he liked having her around. “The one time I held her, she felt neither very hot nor cold. Just normal I guess?” Perhaps he should try to check it again later. “Someone gave her to me, claiming she was an Eevee, but it turns out that's not what she is at all.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Vince nodded when Ming said that Sang would be relieved to leave this place. "It might hold one too many memories. I hope that with this new house, we can start anew, make new memories." He beamed. Both of them had gone through a rough patch and he truly hoped that everything would go better from this moment on. They both deserved it, at least for a moment.

Shifting the conversation to the new pokémon that Ming had procured, he tilted his head. The Vulpix hadn't felt warm nor cold?Vince couldn't rule out the possibilities that it was some kind of rare trait, after all he had a Buizel that gained the ice type. But that would make this a normal type Vulpix? Having his curiosity piqued, he cleared his throat. Quickly taking a look at his watch, he actually had to go somewhere else, but this was something he couldn't just let it slide. "If it's not too much of a bother, may I see the pokémon?" He asked carefully, knowing full well that he and Ming weren't on a friendship basis.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Softly he hummed as he nodded. It was something he knew all too well, how one place could hold so many memories that it was a torture to stay there. It was exactly the reason why his parents moved a few years ago. “I hope you can find something you both like soon.” If he could, he would also want to leave this place. But that had to wait.

Míngzé raised an eyebrow when the other asked him if he could see the pokémon. “Why?” The question was out before he could help it. It was a weird request. As far as he was aware, a vulpix was not anything special. “I mean, sure, I guess, if you really want to and if she wants to.” For all he knew this kid liked vulpix very much. “There is a chance she won’t show herself.” Even he could not touch her while he gave her food and was with her at all times. So far he had no idea why she acted this way.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
"I hope so too. It would be good to start a new chapter." Vince sighed softly, knowing that he had given himself an impossible task. Even if he could find the perfect home for both of them, it would probably just be his imagination. And while he had the funds to just build the house of his dreams, he didn't have the time to wait that long.

When asked if he could see the Vulpix, he got a suspicious look from the blind man. Shrugging, he answered. "Because I'm curious. I have seen some traited pokémon, a few of mine are traited as well. I'm just wondering if it is a normal Vulpix that you're having or not." Maybe it was a trait he hadn't seen before, maybe something entirely different was going on here. In any case, he was curious about it all. Vince nodded when Ming explained that there was a change that she wouldn't show herself. "I'm pretty good with pokémon, if I say so myself. But lead the way, I'll follow."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

“Sure, if you really want to, follow me,” Míngzé shrugged slightly before making his way towards the staircase. Traits held no appeal to him, even though most of his pokémon were either traited or shiny. But if Vince really wanted to see her, who was he to say no.

A smile formed on his lips while they were walking. “We’ll see. There is only one person she seemed to like thus far. It is a miracle if she even shows her head.” The pokémon had a habit of staying in a different room from anyone else. Even when there was food, she would wait until everyone had eaten and left.

The way up was not a long one and Míngzé grabbed his keys as they walked. Once he started opening the door, they were immediately greeted by a whole lot of barking. It was something Dai did everytime. “Dai, stop it.” But he never did. He was happy to greet Míngzé, but seemed unsure about Vince and barked a few times before running back to the one he trusted, only to then repeat it again. His Ninetales on the other hand lay on the couch and only looked up, her red eyes focussed on the stranger in their home.

“I have no idea where she is, so go ahead, look around.” Unlike the others, she would not come and meet them at the door. SHe was probably already hidden away somewhere.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Letting the blind man lead the way felt weird. As if he was suppose to take the lead, but it seemed that Ming was more used to this building then he was at this moment. Following the man with ease while he watched him move. Meanwhile, he was wondering what kind of pokémon he would encounter at his house.

A question that was quickly answered as the door opened and a blue Houndour started barking. Ming called the pokémon Dai and the Houndour alternated between barking at him and his trainer. Vince looked around the house, surprised to see light in here. He had read somewhere that most blind people lived in darkness as the light didn't matter to them. But then again, Ming wasn't fully blind, right? That might have been the reason.

There was a shiny Ninetales on the couch, one that kept her red eyes on him. Vince respectfully nodded to the pokémon, happy that had left his own pokémon at home. Still, it seemed that Ming had spoken truth. There was no sight of the little Vulpix. The man gave him permission to look for her and thus he stepped further into the room. Crouching down he looked around, softly humming the same nots that months ago got stuck in his head when he was in the forest and gained his affinity. As he had noticed that pokémons seemed to relax with that tune, maybe it would get the Vulpix out of her hiding spot.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Even though he shared the same place with this pokémon for quite a while, he had no idea what her hiding spots were. If he was not mistaken, one was underneath his bed, he could sometimes hear her down there. Although, it might also be someone else. There really was no telling.

Dai had chosen a spot at his side, eying the stranger in their house cautiously. Míngzé could still hear his soft growls, but they had quieted down a little. “If you see a ninetales somewhere, it’s probably best to let her be. She’s not too keen on others.” If she ever bit anyone, he did not want it to be Vince. Not when it looked like their situation was improving even a little bit.

As he was anything but the right person to go look for something that didn’t want to be found, he went to sit down on his couch. Míngzé could hear Vince walking around his house and the soft humming that followed. Dai joined him and he felt the ninetales coming closer. He placed his hand on her head and patted her.

The presence of the stranger had piqued Wěi’s attention. As expected, she poked her head out from the bedroom. That was as far as she went, clearly she was not too certain about this whole situation.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content