Accountswitch

Deep dive into the unknown

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

It was hard having to find anything on the internet when you had to rely on text to speech. Míngzé was used to this, and still it was hard because of the subject he was researching. Somehow it almost felt illegal doing so. Affinities were a rare occurrence, some people would commit a crime for one and here he was trying to figure out if anyone had managed to remove one.

Slowing down his heart in order to trick his affinity... It had sounded too dangerous back then. A a risk Míngzé could not take before at least doing some research.

Míngzé sat on his dining table, his third coffee of the day next to him. This whole thing was a long process that took a lot of time, so the coffee was necessary. Dai was sleeping on the couch and only looked up for a second when his laptop started to speak. For this he had even slowed down the voice, because it would be impossible to follow everything otherwise.

He came across different kinds of websites and even blogs. Not all of them sounded very useful and others were extremely questionable, with answers he was not ready for and had nothing to do with his question. People were weird, that is something he definitely learned that day. First he started very specific, asking how people had received a ghost affinity and if they managed to get rid of it. But he quickly changed it to a more general question, simply searching if it had been done before and how.

As Míngzé found a new website that sounded interesting, he grabbed his coffee, warming his hands around it and once more listened to what it had to say.

Admin

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Flareon
IC Posts : 468
FlareonAdministrator

As you navigate through the maze of information online, your fingers idly scrolling through page after page in search of something—anything—that might shed light on your unique dilemma, you stumble upon a blog post. It speaks of loss, but also of liberation—a narrative that seems to mirror the very essence of your quest.

The words flow like a stream, pulling you into the depths of someone else's journey. It's a story of struggle, of a bond broken, and the freedom that came with it. The blogger speaks of a key, a metaphorical one, that unlocked the shackles of their affinity, allowing them to step into a life unburdened by the weight of their innate powers.

As you absorb each word, a mixture of skepticism and intrigue swirls within you. Could this be the answer you've been searching for, or just another dead end? The post is vague about the specifics, yet it's this ambiguity that fuels your curiosity. Despite the sense of loss the writer hints at, they also talk about an overwhelming sense of liberation.

You pause, the cursor blinking expectantly on the screen. Could there be truth to this person's words? A part of you yearns to believe, to find that elusive key and unlock the possibility of a life without the constraints of your affinity. Yet, hesitation lingers, a reminder of the uncertainty that comes with stepping into the unknown.

How I Lost My affinity
In the heart of a world where affinities intertwine with the very essence of our beings, shaping our destinies and defining our paths, I found myself walking a road less traveled. My journey, one cloaked in both revelation and ambiguity, has led me to a place of profound transformation. I stand before you today, a person who has successfully severed the ties with their affinity, an experience that is as liberating as it is laden with an inexplicable sense of loss.

For years, my affinity was the compass that guided my every step, an invisible force that both empowered and, paradoxically, ensnared me. It was a constant companion, whispering secrets of the world that lay beyond the reach of the ordinary. Yet, with time, this gift felt more like a chain, binding me to a fate I yearned to escape.

The turning point came when I stumbled upon something, a key of sorts, near the beach. Embracing this knowledge required a voyage fraught with challenges and steeped in introspection. It demanded a willingness to confront the deepest fears and desires that resided within, to question the very foundation upon which my identity was built.

The process was arduous, filled with moments of doubt and despair. Yet, as I delved deeper, the chains that bound me began to loosen, unraveling with each layer of understanding I peeled away. The journey was not without its sacrifices; the loss of my affinity left a void, a silence where once there was a constant hum of energy.

But in this void, I discovered freedom, a liberation from the predetermined path my affinity had laid out for me. I emerged from this journey transformed, my identity no longer defined by the powers I wielded but by the choices I made, the person I chose to become.

To those who read this, know that losing an affinity is not an end but a beginning, a chance to redefine oneself beyond the constraints of inherent powers. It is a path not without its perils, marked by a sense of loss that is as profound as the freedom it brings.

I have never felt better, more in tune with the world and myself. Yet, I cannot deny the pang of loss that accompanies me, a reminder of the price paid for this newfound freedom. It is a journey not to be taken lightly, but for those who feel the call, know that it is possible, and the key lies within.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Sexuality:
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

It was not that there was nothing. The internet was filled with all kinds of answers to his questions, but not everything was useful. In fact, most of it was a pointless lead that went nowhere. Not that it stopped him scanning everything he came across. Míngzé did not exactly know what he was looking for, but he hoped to find something, anything.

Another blog post pops up on his screen and while his laptop reads it out loud, he once more grabs his coffee and leans back into his seat. Carefully he listened to the words. Halfway through it he leans forward again, placing his cup on the table.

A story of someone who has done it. They broke all their ties with the affinity. His hold around the coffee got tighter by the mention of certain parts. “Of fucking course,” he muttered to himself. Míngzé was aware that this was never going to be easy, but hearing all of this, it sounded like a lot. But going to the one place he swore never to set foot again? He reached for his chest, feeling the tightness that was not even there.

Míngzé replayed the same blog post a few times to make sure he did not miss anything. The person spoke about fears and desires, sacrifices but most important of all, about freedom. A way out of this misery.

With a sigh he closed his laptop, emptying his drink as he leaned back. He noticed how his hands were softly trembling. It was a lead. Better than his only alternative.

In the following days he would search for the same blog post again before he would make his decision.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Sponsored content