Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Still here

2 posters
Lucina Roth
IC Posts : 501

Lucina RothEnhanced Affinity
She watched the ocean in front of her as she listened. Shae made it sound easy, as if it didn’t matter who she had been, but it did to her. She needed it to find a place where she could belong, even if it meant that it was hindering her from connecting with others now. And what if her past came back to haunt her? She wouldn’t know how to handle it if that was the case. ”And what if my past comes back to haunt me? I would like to know if that could happen.” And that was not all. ”How can you build something when one day it could all be ruined because of a past you didn’t take into account?” It was the uncertainty that didn’t help here.

”And no it’s not that I expect my past to be anything glamorous. I know full well that there’s a chance that knowing might make me want to forget it.” There must have been a reason from the start why she had forgotten everything except for her name. Whether it was by choice or something had happened she didn’t know.

When it came down to her affinity, it seemed like she should have known from the start that she had one. With how Shae was explaining it, it seemed like it should have been the most obvious thing. That when something was different, it came down to the effects of an affinity. ”No I haven’t noticed that, I don’t think I have come across someone with the same affinity yet.” At least not that she had noticed. If she had, it all might have made more sense. ”So we’re born with this, it’s not some kind of weird experiment?” That’s what she had thought as a likely possibility for all this, it was what had made sense.

Her brows were furrowed as she thought this through. Had she been born from two normal humans then? ”So I might have some parents somewhere then who are quite normal?” She had been born with the affinity and it resulted in how she looked, not the other way around. She wondered what had caused it though, what could have caused the affinity to act like this. And what was different about it was something she didn’t know either. To know that she would need to be able to compare it to someone.
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Luci
Birthday: ???
Sexuality: Still figuring it out
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
IC Posts : 343

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
One could read all the books of history, and the history of humankind would still be able to bite one in the ass. Knowing your past will not secure your future. Getting killed will not help you find your identity,” Shaelyn replied, addressing Lucina's continued inquiries with a stark realism about the limits of knowledge and the dangers of delving too deep.

You’re stuck on something you lost. Maybe it’s a blessing you’ve lost it. None of your kind had a happy past,” she added. Shaelyn reflected that if Lucina had indeed remembered her origins, she might have been burdened with a life spent hiding her true nature in pursuit of normalcy.

When Lucina queried about the nature of their birth, wondering if it was the result of experimentation, Shaelyn hummed thoughtfully. “You were born like this,” she affirmed. Such traits as horns and tails were innate, manifesting in the mother’s womb, not anomalies acquired in life.

Responding to another of Lucina's questions, Shaelyn nodded affirmatively. “From what I’ve seen, people like you cannot reproduce. Your parents will have been perfectly ordinary human beings.” She gave Lucina a brief once-over, a light smile playing on her lips as she added a touch of levity, “A bit short, maybe,” softening the gravity of their discussion with a gentle tease.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: shae
Birthday: 12 / 08
Sexuality: bisexual
Lucina Roth

Even if it was guaranteed that her past was one she might rather have forgotten, then she would still like to know. She wouldn’t think of it as a blessing that she had lost her memories, it made too many things too complicated and even if Shae told her that she could make a new future, without it being influenced by her past, she knew that she couldn’t. It wasn’t just something she could let go of. ”I can’t just let go of it.” She admitted. ”I want to know.” And that wasn’t going to change till she had found it, no matter the cost.

Though Shae made her realise that she might need to think it all over again, to start looking into things differently than she had done up to now. If she had been like this since birth, then that changed things. She had thought that she might have become like this because of something after she had been born, but if that wasn’t true, then things would be different.

It brought another possibility up too. If she had been born to perfectly normal parents and they hadn’t been looking for her up to this point. She had thought it might be because they were dead, but it might just be that they had abandoned her and were not aware that something had happened.

If she had had a wish for children it would have been crushed the moment Shae told her that her kind couldn’t reproduce, but luckily that was something she hadn’t even been thinking about. Shae’s last comment made her glare at the woman, though there was no malice behind it. ”I’m not that short.” She was aware that she wasn’t that tall and that she had been shorter than anyone she had met up to now. ”Would there be a record somewhere? Of my birth?” She had been wondering about that the moment they started speaking about parents. It wasn’t like she felt anything for parents she couldn’t even remember, but they might be the ones who could hold answers.
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
When Lucina expressed her determination to pursue her quest despite the risks, Shaelyn responded with a gentle, somewhat concerned smile. “I hope it will be worth it,” she murmured softly. Deep down, she had her doubts—believing that the pursuit of answers shouldn't jeopardise the opportunity to continue questioning. Nonetheless, she respected Lucina's resolve, understanding that she needed to honour her friend's choices.

Lucina’s objection to being called short brought a chuckle from Shaelyn. “It’s cute, but you are,” she teased gently. While Shaelyn herself wasn't particularly tall, she noted that Lucina was one of the shortest adults she knew, and suspected there was a reason for it that tied into Lucina’s origins.

Addressing Lucina's query about the existence of a birth record, Shaelyn thoughtfully replied, “I don’t think there is one,” her tone soft, conveying empathy. “I don’t believe you were born in Sanctum City. I also think... you were never meant to come here.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She might be called stubborn, maybe even selfish for what she was ready to do to gain the answers she so desperately wanted, but that also meant that not anyone could just change her thoughts on it. Though Shae’s words hadn’t been swept away completely, the information she had gotten here was starting to make her question the leads she had been following up to this point. Had she even been on the right track if she had had her affinity since birth?

The Deity had clearly been a part of her since before she lost her memories, but for how long she couldn’t know. And if Shae’s words were true, then the Deity might have had nothing to do with her affinity. What had she even gotten the artefact for then? She really needed to think upon this and right now wasn’t the time for that.

There hadn’t really been a moment when she wished she was taller even if she was very aware of the fact that she was short. ”Being small does have its perks too.” And it wouldn’t surprise her if both her parents had been small too, it would have been a bit strange if they were both tall and she looked like this, despite them being normal humans. Then they might have even questioned whether she was really their child.

She had known that the possibility of there being some kind of record was very low. She wasn’t even surprised when Shae told her that she wasn’t born in Sanctum City. But the fact that she wasn’t even meant to be here did make her think. What had happened to cause her to be here? ”So we’re not supposed to be here?” Where should she be looking for answers then if she wasn’t even supposed to be here? She knew she had been asking Shae many questions up to this point, imposing on her while doing so. ”Sorry for asking all this, it’s not like I can easily talk to people about all of this.” She had tried with Ming, but he hadn’t understood. Yes, he had helped to the best of his abilities, but it wasn’t the same.
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
Lucina inquired about Shaelyn's comment concerning their supposed absence from the area. Shaelyn responded with a soft hum. When Lucina apologised for her questioning, Shaelyn gently shook her head.

It is alright. That’s why I brought you here, to a place secluded from others. It’s preferable to have these discussions where there are no prying ears,” Shaelyn reassured her with a soft smile. She then took the gem that hung against her chest and lifted the necklace over her head, carefully pulling her hair free so she could grasp the silver chain, watching the gem shift from red to clear.

Hold this for a moment, please,” she requested, extending it towards Lucina with a gentle smile. “Just the gem. What’s the first place you remember being?” she continued, her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

So Shae had intended to bring her here with that purpose? Of course she shouldn’t be surprised, seeing as how she hadn’t even tried to hide herself. But it did make her realise that she hadn’t thought about the fact that Shae could have had ill intentions. She had just followed her into a car to a restaurant, had shown her where she currently lived and had been taken to all kinds of places, including this secluded spot.

But she didn’t think that the woman had any of those feelings towards her, not after the conversation they had just had. ”That’s true, sometimes it’s best if people don’t know too much.” Even Ming wasn’t someone she had told everything to. She had kept the parts hidden that might get him to turn away from her, thinking that it was unnecessary to tell him about them.

When Shae took her necklace off and held the gem before her, she saw it shift from red to clear. She had never seen something like it before. ”What is it?” She wondered aloud as she took the gem in her hand, wondering if something would change again. The first place she remembered? ”The marshes? That’s where I woke up or do you mean something before that?” But anything before that was too unclear to her to know what kind of place it was.
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
With a keen eye, Shaelyn observed the crystal darken, as though ensnaring a shadow within its depths. She might have simply asked Lucina about her affinity, yet observing it revealed through the crystal provided a more direct, often more revealing answer, especially since not everyone was fully aware of their own powers.

Your affinity is dark. I wonder how much it has to do with the followers of Yveltal,” Shaelyn noted calmly. “If you seek answers, your best start might be to learn more about them. I wouldn’t recommend a trip to Shadowfell, but that might still be safer than wandering exposed here,” she advised with a gentle sigh.

I am afraid that is all the information I can provide,” she concluded. Her knowledge was limited to what she had observed and what had been shared with her. Exploring further into these mysteries was a task for Lucina, should she choose to undertake it.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She watched as the gem turned dark, as if a shadow was caught inside it. Somehow she wasn’t surprised to see it, nor when Shae confirmed what she had already thought, a dark affinity. It did explain the red colour from before and why it turned clear. ”So it’s a dark affinity after all.” She hadn’t thought of it being anything else really, nothing else had fitted.

At the mention of the followers of Yveltal she frowned slightly. ”Is Shadowfell where they’re at?” She knew that Shae tried to warn her that it wasn’t without dangers if she went there, but it might be the only thing she really had. She hadn’t gone to Shadowfell before, the place not being something she had thought to visit, but if this was true, then she might need to, though there might be other ways too. ”Any other places where I might get to know more about them?” Safer options really, though if there was really no other option, she knew that she would have to visit the place at some point.

Shae had quite a bit of information, that much she knew and that she was even able to provide this was more than enough. ”You know, I’m glad we met today.” Not just because of the talk they had just now, but the whole encounter. She smiled honestly. ”It’s not always easy.” It really depended on the person how things went and even then she couldn’t tell them the complete truth.
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content