Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

[SE] light and life

3 posters
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
IC Posts : 343

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
For Shae, faith was not just a part of her life; it was the essence of her journey. She walked a path illuminated by the divine grace of Xerneas, whose guiding light she believed led her to discern future events through her tarot cards and blessed her with the encounter of her adoptive parents. Gratitude filled her heart, and every year, she honoured this deep-seated reverence by offering a single flower at the base of the sacred tree, a humble token of her thanks.

Lady of the Light, Lifeweaver, Mother of All Life,” she intoned with reverence, her voice barely above a whisper as she surrendered to this moment, the hustle of the world fading into the background.

I perceive the burden of your concerns, though they remain unvoiced to me. I pray that the chosen ones among us may bring you solace. Let not your heart be troubled, for humanity, in its imperfection, shall rediscover its essence,” she prayed with gentle conviction. “Today, I pray to you, help us maintain our faith, that we might continue to believe and follow the light you bestow.

Rising gracefully, Shae's reflective moment was interrupted as her eyes landed on a redheaded girl standing nearby.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: shae
Birthday: 12 / 08
Sexuality: bisexual
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 497

Djodie Archeron
Djodie wasn't exactly the praying type. But desperate times calls for desperate measures. As she had left the apartment, Amigo had almost forced himself out to go with her. Djodie had been a bit surprised, but was fine with it. She needed to spend a bit more time with the pokémon anyway.
So they were roaming the streets of Sanctum, on her way towards the tree that symbolised the centre of the city.

Djodie was dressed in a simple jeans and shirt, with a large scarf draped around her form. It was warm enough to go without a coat, but whenever the sun disappeared behind the clouds, Djodie tended to shiver from the wind. The scarf was the perfect in-between. Her red hair forced into a bun, her blue eyes big as she layed her gaze on the tree. Suddenly she was very aware of the fact that she didn't really know - just - how. The cat-dog at her feet seemed to feel her hesitation and looked up at Djodie. Amigo blinked a few times before looking at the tree, and back at her. As if he wanted to tell her to just go. Djodie sighed, stepped closer to the tree and sank through her knees, placing a hand on the stem.

"I'm - not really sure how this is done - but - I wanted to thank you for everything you've done," Almost everyone knew the history of the tree. "I pray for..." Djodie's mind seemed to switch in the moment. She sighed, "No, I pray for sunny weather, beautifull skies, and long lasting memories." She pulled her hand from the tree and rose slowly, looking at the Amigou by her side and nodding slowly. She walked on, around the tree, as she suddenly heared a whisper and froze, as the other rose to her feet and Djodie feared she had interrupted the other's prayer.
"I - I'm so sorry,"
[I want you, I need you, oh God]
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Flareon
IC Posts : 396
FlareonAdministrator

As you stand there, the apology barely escaping your lips, it's as if the very essence of the city's core, pulsating from the ancient tree, acknowledges your presence—your prayer. The moment your fingers had brushed against the bark, something within you had shifted. You hadn't just reached out to touch the tree; you had, unknowingly, reached into the very heart of Sanctum itself.

The air around you seems to shimmer slightly, charged with an energy that whispers of old magic and new beginnings. Amigo, sensing the change, tilts his head, his gaze now laced with a newfound respect. It's as if he recognizes something in you that wasn't there before—a latent potential now softly glowing.

Your heart beats a rhythm that feels like it syncs with the life force of Sanctum. You close your eyes for a moment, tuning into this sensation, and when you open them again, the world seems brighter, colors more vivid. It's as though you're seeing through a new lens—the lens of a Fairy affinity. This newfound power doesn't surge through you like a torrent; instead, it trickles, blending seamlessly with your essence, enhancing your perception, emotions, and connection to the world around you.

A sense of wonder fills you as you take a tentative step forward, your footsteps light, almost as if you're treading on air. The urban landscape of Sanctum, with its blend of nature and modernity, seems more alive, pulsating with hidden life that calls to your newly awakened senses.

Through your Christmas Wish and the prayer, you gain the Fairy Affinity!

a wish becomes reality...

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Sexuality:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
Suddenly, the girl offered an apology, catching Shaelyn off guard. As she was about to inquire further, an unmistakable shift occurred in the atmosphere around them—a change so profound that Shae couldn’t help but attribute it to the presence of Xerneas. It was as if the gentle rustle of the leaves and the soft caress of the breeze were weaving together an otherworldly reassurance, surrounding her with an aura of warmth and the whispers of nature.

Why the apology?” Shae queried, her curiosity piqued, her head tilting in a mix of concern and intrigue. “Is everything okay?” she pressed gently, her expression one of genuine concern, seeking to understand the root of the girl's sudden need to apologise and ensuring she was in a state of well-being.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Just as she finished her prayer and noticed the other on the other side of the tree, something shifted in the atmosphere. Djodie couldn't lay a finger on what it was, but the Amigou reacted to it as well. It was if a presence of something someone caused the bristling of the leaves, the gust of wind.
The energy that flowed trough the girl's veins. With a gasp she had retracted her hand from the bark of the tree. Amigo pushed his little head against her legs, as if he wanted to try and reassure her. Djodie drew in a breath and closed her eyes for a second before opening them again.

It was like she saw the world for the first time. The colors of the tree, the grass, their surroundings. As if she had never noticed them before. Pulled back to reality, the woman still standing before her, asking if she was okay - what she had apologised for.
Djodie didn't even remember, but she noticed the look on the woman's face, she had noticed the shift in atmosphere as well.
"What - what just happened?"
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Flareon
IC Posts : 396
FlareonAdministrator

Easter finds you praying to Xerneas, the giver of life. The air is thick with the scent of spring flowers and the murmurs of prayers. As you look at your faithful Amigou, a warm glow begins to radiate from Amigou, catching the gems around its neck alight. It’s the moment of transformation into an unknown Pokémon, prompted by the spiritual connection felt during your prayer.

Amigou looks up at you, its eyes reflecting a mix of awe and uncertainty. Do you let this transformation continue, allowing Amigou to evolve?

your amigou is evolving!

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Sexuality:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Amidst the chaos that unfolded, Shae struggled to keep track of everything that was happening. The girl seemed as bewildered as she was, and then, to add to the confusion, her companion—somewhere between a dog and a cat—began to glow. Shae felt a surge of overwhelm, though her composure barely wavered, betrayed only by a slight furrowing of her brow.

I… don’t know?” Shae responded, her voice soft and uncertain, as she blinked in an attempt to regain her bearings. “Your—” she began, but paused and shook her head slightly, realising what was occurring. The Pokémon was evolving, a process still somewhat mysterious in its implications. “Are you okay?” she asked the redhead again, noting that her initial inquiry had gone unanswered amid the unexpected developments.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
To add to the growing chaos, Amigo the Amigou at her side, began to glow. The same glow which she recognised from Duster - he was evolving. The Amigou seemed a little shocked as well, looking at her as if he wanted her approval.
A bit off guard, the redhead nodded, and after a few seconds, a larger, doglike pokémon stood before her.
Oh. Duster isn't gonna like this.

Drawn back out of her thoughts when the woman asked her once more, if everything was okay, and Djodie needed a few seconds to form a response.
"Yes, I was afraid I had interrupted you in your prayer." Djodie tried to explain calmly. But her chest was rising wildly as she almost felt out of breath.

"I'm sorry - There was... I felt something strange - with the tree - and now Amigo..." Djodie exhaled slowly, trying to ground herself again, as she tried to calm down and look at the pokémon before her. It was a large, lean dog, and for some reason, she felt more pulled towards it then before.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
Shaelyn's expression was one of gentle confusion as she listened to the other woman's concern about potentially interrupting her prayers. With a reassuring smile, she responded gracefully.

Please, don’t worry about it. Xerneas knows my heart and my dedication,” she assured softly, her voice carrying the calm of someone well-versed in her faith. Having spent years within the temple's walls, where she grew and learned much of her spiritual path, Shaelyn felt deeply connected to those teachings and the community there.

As she glanced up at the tree and then back to the woman, Shaelyn noted the lingering shock in her eyes, perhaps due to the unexpected evolution of her companion. The timing was indeed curious, sparking a thought in Shaelyn.

You seem a bit taken aback. Would a cup of tea help? My shop is just around the corner,” she offered kindly, hoping to provide a comforting space for the woman to gather her thoughts.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
The woman calmly assured her there was no need to apologise. Funny, that was a phrase she heared quite often. Djodie couldn't tear her eyes off the dog that was sitting in front of her. His lean body looking like it was meant to be, this was meant to be his form. The emotional - almost spiritual connection that seemed to be tugging to something inside Djodie. She couldn't place it, but also realised that she didn't feel fear towards it.
As if the fear only came out of the reaction she had - kind off - thought herself. And that, whatever just happened, seemed to calm her down.

Djodie focussed on the woman when she started talking again, asking her if she'd like a cup of tea, and that her shop was just around the corner. "Yes, actually, that is really kind of you." Djodie answered greatfully. "What kind of shop do you own?"
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
The girl asked about the type of shop she owned, adding that it was very kind of her. Shaelyn chuckled softly and gestured for the girl to follow her. They started walking towards her shop, located just a few minutes away. After all, her divination practice was inspired by Xerneas' footsteps—it wouldn't do to be too far from the temple.

"Eternal Essence is the name. Here, I practise my divination and assist people in finding balance within their souls and bodies," she explained in a gentle voice as they rounded a corner and followed the stone path leading to her shop. The large wooden head of Xerneas above the entrance welcomed them.

"My name is Shaelyn, by the way," she introduced herself, hoping to make the girl feel more at ease.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Divination. Really? Whatever it was that had just flooded her veins, it surely had a sense of humor, bringing this all together. The affinity, the evolution of Amigo, the fact that she had stumbled across this woman out of all the possibilities.
Djodie didn't believe in coincidences. Not anymore.

Djodie followed the woman as they started walking towards her shop, while she nodded slighly as she took in her words. The redhead looked up at the wooden head of Xerneas above the shop's entrance.
"My name's Djodie." She smiled, finally finding her calmth a little, and followed the woman inside.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
The girl introduced herself, eliciting a gentle smile from Shaelyn. “It is nice to meet you, Djodie,” she responded softly, her voice warm as she opened the door and welcomed the girl into her shop. Inside, a serene atmosphere enveloped them, seemingly insulated from the chaos of the outside world. The natural scents of sandalwood and lavender filled the air, enhancing the tranquillity.

What kind of tea do you like?” Shaelyn inquired, gesturing for Djodie to take a seat at the wooden table situated in the centre of the shop. As she prepared to make the tea, she continued, curiosity colouring her tone, “Have you ever had your cards read?” Her eyebrows lifted slightly, interested in learning more about her guest’s experiences with such mystical practices.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Djodie felt like she'd walked through a portal when she set foot inside the shop. The scent of lavender subtly weaving in the air, sealing them off from the chaos that had been the outside. Amigo pressed his head shortly against Djodie's leg, feeling the more relaxed state the girl was in.

Shaelyn asked about her tea preference, as she gestured for her to take a seat at the table. "Something sweet and fruity will do, thank you." Djodie answered, as she didn't want to pin out a specific kind of tea with the risk that Shaelyn might not have it. The redhead took a seat at the table, the large dog sitting next to her as he lay his head to rest on her lap.

Djodie heared the familiar sound of a kettle boiling water, as Shaelyn asked her another question. If she had cards read. Djodie chuckled at the memory. "I have. Twice, actually. With more or less the same message. I've tried to follow it up, though." If she had succeeded, that had to be seen. It was too soon for her to tell.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
Sweet and fruity preferences led Shaelyn to make a light-hearted remark. “Like yourself,” she chuckled, her comment warm and friendly. She then turned to her collection of teas, selecting a Lychee Purple Leaf Tea—a choice she hadn’t indulged in recently but deeply enjoyed.

As she prepared the tea, Shaelyn engaged the girl further by asking about her previous experiences with card readings. The girl confirmed she had indeed had her cards read, prompting a soft smile from Shaelyn. Once the teapot was ready, she arranged it on a small tray along with two cups that complemented its vintage style. The pot itself boasted intricate details reflective of designs from centuries past, perfectly matched by the elegant cups.

She carried the tray to the table and placed it between them, setting the stage for a shared moment over tea. “How has that been working out for you?” Shaelyn inquired, her tone inviting and curious as she poured the tea into the cups. She then extended one towards Djodie, indicating for her to take it.

the pot

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Shaelyn chuckled lightly on Djodie's choice of tea and replied with a soft remark that made Djodie smile. As she asked her about experience with card readings, the woman prepared the tea while Djodie answered.

Djodie's eyes lingered on the teapot when Shaelyn brought it to the table, with matching cups. She began pouring and handed one of the cups over to Djodie. The redhead accepted it carefully - to not burn her hands, and placed the cup in front of herself. As the scent lingered in front of her, she couldn't really place it.
She was still looking at the teapot when the woman asked her how the readings had worked out for her.

"Difficult." Djodie answered with a chuckle. She blew softly in her tea while gathering her thoughts. "Both the readings had told me that there was an unhealthy situation going on. I just wasn't ready to see it at the time."
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
The girl shared how past readings had highlighted an unhealthy aspect of her life, something she hadn't been able to recognize at the time. Shaelyn responded with a gentle, understanding smile.

It can be quite daunting to acknowledge that something we’ve invested our heart in might be detrimental to us,” she offered thoughtfully. “It’s even more challenging to accept that someone who promises change might not follow through. I understand,” she added, her voice full of empathy, intuitively grasping the likely nature of the girl’s troubles.

I hope you’ve found peace with whatever decision you made,” Shaelyn concluded, her tone soft and supportive.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
The woman responded on her words with a warm, understanding smile. Explaining that it could be quite challenging to accept that, despite promises of change, some people simply follow through.
Djodie looked at the woman with large eyes as she let the words sink in. What, how? Was the whole situation written on her forhead?

She encircled the cup with her hands as she casted her eyes down, simply needing a moment to let it sink in, when the other's words brought her back to the present.
Djodie blew out some air over the tea before taking a sip. It was quite a... remarkable flavor.

"Peace... Well, I don't know yet. I'm starting to accept that the decision I made was for the better, yeah. I believe I'll get there in the end." Her eyes still rested on a spot on the table, as she felt like, somewhere in her mind, a connection was made. That she indeed did make the right decision. That it was good she chose herself for once.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
The girl shared that she hadn't quite found peace with her decision but was beginning to accept it, hopeful that she would eventually feel at ease with her choice.

Beautiful beginnings only come after embraced endings,” Shaelyn responded with a gentle smile. This idea, akin to the saying that when one door closes another opens, was something she deeply believed in. She understood from her own experiences that accepting the end of one chapter could pave the way for new, potentially happier beginnings.

Seeing an opportunity to delve deeper into a possibly transformative experience for the girl, Shaelyn shifted the conversation to a recent event that might have had a significant impact. “Earlier, when your Pokémon evolved, something happened to you, didn’t it?” she inquired with genuine curiosity, her eyebrows lifting slightly in anticipation of the girl's response.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Djodie smiled softly as Shaelyn spoke. With another sip of tea she nodded, acknowledging the woman's words. She wasn't exactly sure yet if that would count for her, though.

The woman steered the conversation in another way, asking her if something happened before her pokémon evolved. Amigo still sat beside her, his head resting on her lap.
"I'm not sure..." Djodie started. "It felt like a sort of energy raced through me. Everything seems... different. The sun is brighter, the plants seem more fibrant, flowers seem to be radiating, and -" Djodie tilted her head towards the dog. "He feels so familiar..." She couldn't push it on imagination anymore. The connection, but also the increased colors. But for some reason, it didn't fully click for Djodie.

She sipped her tea as Amigo lifted his head, looking at her. As if he was waiting for her to tie the knots in her head, put the pieces together.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content