Accountswitch

This is it

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

Over the last few months he had tried to find a suitable working space with no luck. It was frustrating to say the least. A new place had opened its doors near his place. From the job descriptions, Míngzé believed there might be options for him there. It was at least worth a shot.

“Entrance.” A simple cue, that was all Míngzé used, more would complicate it. Jiǔ brought him towards the door, already getting used to the harness she was wearing. “Good.” Míngzé smiled as he patted her head. Her intelligence was the reason she learned so quickly, although they still encountered struggles from time to time.

Once inside Míngzé was led towards what was probably the bar. He looked around but the light coming inside through the windows was not enough to help him. Jiǔ sat down next to him. “Hello?” From what he could hear, it was calm inside, which was normal for the time of the day.

Kieran

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Kieran Merlotte
IC Posts : 171

Kieran Merlotte
On another calm day at the café, Kieran found himself engaged in conversation over the phone, coordinating with a volunteer eager to assist with marketing efforts. Despite a steady flow of patrons, Kieran was eager to enhance the café's community feel through themed events and workshops, aiming to encourage patrons to contribute their own talents and passions to the mix. It was all part of his vision to cultivate an environment where everyone felt a deep sense of belonging.

As he pocketed his phone, concluding the call, the entrance swung open, revealing a familiar face that brought an immediate smile to Kieran's lips. “Míng!” he called out warmly, his surprise at the visit evident but welcome.

What a pleasant surprise! What brings you in today?” Kieran approached, reaching out to Míngzé’s arm, indicating his intent to guide him to a comfortable spot where they could catch up.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kier
Birthday: Sept 2
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Nerves were normal in these situations, especially after multiple disappointments. Míngzé was glad to have his pokémon at his side as support. Even though their bond was still new, there was a certain trust between them. As she sat there, her alert red eyes scanned their surroundings.

Unexpectedly a too familiar voice rang in his ears. “Kieran?” Confusion painted his face as Míngzé turned to face the other. For a moment he thought that maybe he was mistaken, but that thought quickly disappeared. “I could ask you the same.” There was a smile on his lips as the initial confusion disappeared a little.

A bit hesitant he followed Kieran, wanting to interject but deciding against it. Maybe it was not a bad thing to get a feel of the place first. “Actually, I hoped to speak to someone who worked here. They are still seeking employees and  I thought— I don’t know, it is worth a shot.” Míngzé shrugged quickly. While he would not be able to walk behind a bar or serve anything, there were certain things that could work.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
Kieran's curiosity was piqued as Míngzé mirrored the question back to him, but before he could delve deeper, Míngzé revealed his purpose: a job hunt. Yet, it seemed Míngzé wasn't fully confident in his prospects of finding employment here. Kieran, though always inclined to lend a hand, found himself at a loss for how Míngzé might fit into the current environment.

Please, have a seat,” he offered, accompanied by a reassuring smile. “What would you like? Coffee, tea?” Kieran inquired with ease, signalling an employee to attend to them. Though he hesitated, contemplating whether to voice additional thoughts, he ultimately chose to hold back.

What type of work are you seeking?” Kieran probed gently, hoping to uncover a role that might suit Míngzé, before he would have to let him down as the owner of the establishment.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

They sat down at a table. It was weird to imagine that a few weeks ago, they’d been both in the same train crash. “A cappuccino is fine.” It almost sounded as if Kieran worked here too and was there to take his order, but someone else quickly came. They were nice too, which was also a great start.

The difficult question soon came, one that momentarily left him lost for words. What was he looking for in a place like this? It was not like he could take someone’s order or prepare it. Even cleaning the floor after would be a struggle, although it would be possible if they gave him a few hours.

“Something, anything really, that pays the bills.” There followed a soft sigh. Things were going better ever since he found that artifact, yet this one struggle remained and was only getting worse. “I read that they work with pokémon here? It’s probably a long shot but I thought that maybe I could help with those. Or some other small tasks.” Míngzé shrugged. While he was aware this would only end in yet another disappointment, it was better than doing nothing.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
Míngzé's vagueness wasn't doing him any favours, and Kieran felt a growing concern, though he was relieved that Míngzé couldn't see his furrowed brow or the worried downturn of his lips as they spoke. He released a soft sigh upon hearing Míngzé's less-than-compelling description of his skills, realising that if Míngzé approached job applications with this level of generality, it was unlikely he'd secure employment.

Despite this, Kieran was determined to assist—though even he found it challenging to derive something solid from Míngzé's words.

Other small tasks? Certainly, you have a better sales pitch when you go and talk to the owner,” Kieran encouraged gently, trying to coax more detail out of Míngzé. “What else can you do? What did you study again?” he continued, probing for any information that might make Míngzé a useful addition to his team.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A smile broke through, one that did not hold any true amusement. “Yeah, I know, you have to sell yourself,” Míngzé agreed with a deep sigh. The smile however quickly left and he rubbed his eyes. A better sales pitch. He needed one, yet did not have any. His mind was racing to come up with something. The pressure he was under because of a lack of money, did not help his situation. It only made him more desperate and each failed attempt had cracked a part of his confidence.

Míngzé folded his cane and placed it on the table before he leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms. “I can bake brownies? Even though they apparently look like shit.” he said jokingly. While he did not do it often, he liked to bake and when given the time he was good at it. “Hospitality Management, last year, although I took a break form school this semester. There was too much going on and it simply wasn’t working.” The thought had crossed his mind to finish it next year, especially if things stayed the way they were now.

“It’s just—” he started with a troubled expression as he tried to find the right words. Talking has never been his strong suit and never will be. “I had a job. It sucked, the people there sucked and so I made the stupid decision to quit. No matter what, it paid the bills.” And now they were only piling up.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
While Míngzé was aware that he needed to market himself effectively, his efforts were somewhat lacklustre. He mentioned his ability to bake brownies, and when Kieran inquired about his educational background, Míngzé revealed that he had studied hospitality management but had taken a break from school this semester. This caught Kieran's attention.

As Míngzé explained that he had left his previous job because it was unsatisfactory and had impulsively decided to quit, Kieran bit his lip, pondering the situation before letting out a soft sigh. “Why don’t you start with the management? Shouldn’t you be able to do a lot for a place like this?” he suggested. Kieran was puzzled by Míngzé’s lack of preparation for the conversation. Given his educational background, Míngzé should have been able to outline relevant skills and experiences, such as marketing, management, housekeeping, food and beverage service, event management, recruitment, and managing budgets—all of which were crucial aspects Kieran was looking for.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Kieran thought he might be able to help oversee the things happening in this place and thus help manage it. This was definitely something he was capable of. His grades had always been good and during his internships they were always happy with his work. It was not why he was here. “Definitely, yet I don’t expect them to be looking for that anymore. Why would someone start a business without any knowledge about it?” Without any knowledge this place was doomed to fail. Míngzé shook his head. “They most likely don’t need my help with that,” he said with a small smile. Which was fine. He did not expect them to want him for that reason, which is why he did not plan on mentioning it. Maybe once he finished his studies he would look for someone that actually needed help with that.

Someone finally came with their order and placed it on the table. “Thanks,” Míngzé said, tracing the table to find his drink. The cup was warm to the touch when he placed both hands around it. “Like I mentioned before,I want to apply for a job with the pokémon. It was what I did before and they were happy with my work. Even if it is only for a few hours.” It was not much, but it was something and that was all that mattered.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
When Kieran suggested that Míngzé apply what he had learned in his studies to help at the establishment, Míngzé was hesitant, believing that Kieran probably already had enough staff handling those responsibilities. Indeed, Kieran had initially had his father's assistance with the business side of things and felt confident in his ability to manage on his own for the time being. However, he recognized that additional support could still be beneficial, especially from someone who could specifically tackle tasks well-suited to their skills.

As they talked, their drinks arrived, and Kieran took a moment to enjoy his hot chocolate. Míngzé expressed a desire to work with Pokémon, which gave Kieran pause as he contemplated how to integrate this interest with the needs of the business. After a thoughtful sip and a soft sigh, Kieran saw an opportunity to clarify the situation and perhaps guide Míngzé toward a role that could be mutually beneficial.

So,” Kieran began, setting his cup down. “While we do need someone to take care of the Pokémon, that task would exclusively be during the quieter hours. Our busy hours are spread throughout the day, as we offer all meals, as well as coffee and cocktails and the like,” he explained, outlining the structure of the business operations and the timing of various tasks.

But I had a plan and a lot of money, without much knowledge about running a business. So if you’d like to spend most of your time helping me manage this, I would gladly hire you for that,” he offered, suggesting a role that would leverage Míngzé’s studies in hospitality management and address both their needs.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé knitted his brow as he stared towards the person in front of him. The way he talked about this business, made it sound like he was part of it. No, like he was the owner. “I don’t understand,” he said, his voice betraying his confusion. Was there a joke somewhere in there that he’d missed? It did not seem like there was, only deepening his furrow. “We? Our?” Slowly the realization dawned down upon him to whom he’d been talking this whole time and how maybe he had now royally screwed up.

Parts of his explanation went over his head as his mind was still catching up with everything. “Help you?” At this point Míngzé was making a fool of himself. Trying to regain his composure, he cleared his throat and straightened his posture slightly. “I mean, yes of course. If you still want me, that is, after the worst sales pitch in history.” While he felt a lot more nervous than before, he tried his best to keep it out of his voice.

“This was not what I expected when I walked in here,” Míngzé breathed, losing part of his composure again. “How long have you been working on this?” While he was here for a job, he was now also curious. While they’d been through some stuff, he still barely knew anything about the other. Which showed as he was not aware he owned a business.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
It took Míngzé a moment to connect the dots, but once he did, he labelled his own effort as the worst sales pitch in history. Kieran couldn't help but agree, though his response was tempered with humour. “It wasn’t very good,” he acknowledged, his chuckle softening the critique. In this case, a polished sales pitch wasn't crucial— Kieran knew Míngzé personally and understood what he brought to the table.

I got that,” Kieran responded when Míngzé expressed his surprise at the turn of events.

I… had been thinking about this for a while, but after our accident, I decided life’s too short not to follow your dreams. This place was being sold with urgency,” he shared the backstory of his sudden venture into business ownership. “I bought it, begged my father to help me figure everything out, and it took only a few weeks from contract to opening.

What I need is someone to handle the business side of things with me. An assistant manager, I guess,” he outlined the position, suggesting a significant level of trust and responsibility. “If you’re good at what you do, I do not care if you finished your degree,” he added, placing practical skills and competence over formal qualifications. “We can combine it with taking care of the Pokémon so you get a few more hours in.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

There had been a moment of shock once Kieran revealed himself to be the owner of this place. After the little conversation they had, he was sure he had fucked it up. Luckily the other also found it a bit amusing. A somewhat awkward smile was painted on his own face. “Trust me, if I’d known, I would’ve said things otherwise,” Míngzé said as he rubbed his eyes. Much more professional at the least. It was not his first time, he knew what to say and how to word it. But it is much different than talking to someone you know.

Míngzé let the words wash over him as he calmly nodded. “I get that.” It was exactly why he wanted to do certain things differently. Danger was always lurking around the corner. “From what I can gather, it looks to be in capable hands. The atmosphere inside is great, which speaks volumes coming from someone who can't see the interior.” It had a warm feeling to it.

It was back to business and Míngzé listened carefully while holding on to the cup of coffee like it was some kind of anker. “Oh, wow, okay.” This was obviously not what he had expected when he first walked in here. It was much more than the simple tasks he was willing to settle for. The one that would not give him any satisfaction. “I’ve done a few internships. They were always very happy with my work. If you want I can give you their contact information.” New nerves were growing inside him, this time healthy ones. “Sure, sounds perfect. It’s probably best to do that early in the morning or after the place closes its doors.” It was easier for him to do everything at his own pace. 

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
When Míngzé commented that the place seemed to be in capable hands, noting the great atmosphere, Kieran responded with a gentle smile. “Thank you.” Hearing such things affirmed that his place felt safe and warm, aligning perfectly with his vision and intentions for the space. This acknowledgment from others was more than just a compliment; it was a validation of his efforts and goals.

Upon discussing employment, Míngzé mentioned his past internships and offered to provide references, indicating that they had been satisfied with his work. Kieran, however, dismissed the need for such formalities with a shake of his head. “I don’t need that. I trust you,” he assured Míngzé with a calm and firm tone.

Kieran then outlined the next steps: “And exactly. So let’s start with two months of trial. Let’s find out what works, what position and times work best for you. After two months, we turn it into a full contract if we’re happy with each other,” he proposed, setting clear expectations and a path forward.

I’ll set up a temporary contract and have it sent to you overnight.” This approach allowed both flexibility and structure, providing an opportunity for both Kieran and Míngzé to assess the fit before making a long-term commitment. He knew he’d need some time to draft the contract carefully.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A lot of trust was placed into him at this moment, which was nice for a change. It did make him wonder what he had done to earn this trust. They had been through some stuff together, but that said nothing about his capabilities. He gave the other a smile. Thanks.” All of this felt really good. Things were really taking a turn for the better and Míngzé saw a bright future ahead of him. Something he hadn’t seen in a very long time.

They were not done yet and Míngzé took a sip of his drink as he listened to Kieran explain some details. He nodded a few times, letting him know he had heard him and understood. “That works for me.” He would make sure that it worked. This opportunity was too good to let go to waste.

The contract would be sent to him. “Take your time.” Míngzé could not keep a relieved sigh from escaping his lips. “You have no idea how much this helps me.” His landlord in particular will find great happiness in this new development. He would still need more time to pay all his bills, but at least it would be a start.  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
Kieran's expression softened into a gentle smile as he observed Míngzé's relief. It was clear that the opportunity they were discussing brought some relief and this visibly pleased Kieran. When Míngzé expressed his gratitude, indicating how much this opportunity was helping him, Kieran responded with a light chuckle, appreciating the irony in the statement.

You’ll be the one helping me. I’ve never been too good with numbers,” Kieran joked, his tone light but sincere. He genuinely appreciated having someone who could handle the more intricate financial aspects of the business. Kieran knew his strengths lay in building a community and envisioning the broader strokes of his enterprise, yet he recognized that the finer details, particularly the financial ones, were not his forte.

Seeking to understand more about Míngzé's current situation beyond the job, Kieran then shifted the conversation slightly. “So how’s everything besides this?” he inquired, showing genuine interest in Míngzé's overall well-being.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

“And then you’re asking for help from someone who can’t even write numbers,” Míngzé said jokingly.  Not entirely true, he had a vague understanding of what they looked like, yet might look unrecognizable if he wrote them down. Which did not matter. “Don’t worry, I got you,” he then reassured the other while he raised his cup. It was best not to immediately lose his job without signing a contract first.

Questions about how he was doing were always difficult to answer. “Good, better even now,” he decided to say thoughtfully. “Things were a bit hectic last year, but I feel like this will be my year.” A relieved sigh rolled over his lips as he said that. One by one he managed to solve his problems.

Míngzé took a sip of his drink as he leaned back in his seat. ”If I can pay all my bills, I might even be able to keep my apartment.” Everything was better than moving back in with his parents. That was something he desperately wanted to avoid at all cost.

“Enough about me, how are you?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
When Míngzé mentioned his inability to write numbers due to his vision, Kieran was quick to respond. “That’s what we have computers for,” he pointed out with a smile. He wasn’t aware of the various technologies designed to assist, but he was more than willing to accommodate Míngzé’s needs with specialised equipment if necessary.

Are you struggling with the bills?” Kieran inquired, his voice laden with concern. He then added, “Will you be alright now?” His questions reflected a genuine worry for Míngzé’s welfare. Although Kieran himself hadn't experienced financial hardships, he understood the stress they could impose and was prepared to offer support in any way he could.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Technology made his life a whole lot easier. It was something Míngzé used daily and had gotten so used to that he would not be able to go without it. “We do? Who’d have thought?” he continued with a smile before shaking his head. “Next time I come here, I'll bring my laptop from home. It already has a lot of the necessary software installed.” The perks of his study.

His attempt to redirect attention to Kieran with his own question went completely ignored. “I sure hope so,” Míngzé sighed. Bit by bit he would be able to pay everything, but it would still take a while before everything was over and done. “It won’t be easy, not that things ever are.” A small smile came to his face, one that did not completely reach his eyes. One thing was for sure, from here on out it could only get better, not worse. His hands remained around the warm cup. “My landlord knows about the situation, but I can’t let him keep waiting.” At least with a job he had more options before him and things might work out.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content