Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

I'll mess this up

2 posters
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 589

Djodie Archeron
Fae was something else indeed. The blue Sylveon she had ran into a couple of days earlier, wouldn't leave her side. At the point that Djodie got the idea, that Bell may grew a little jealous. But the pinkhaired girl hadn't realised at first, was the fact that she had a deeper connection with the fairy pokémon, because of just that. It was a fairy. Besides knowing each other only three days, it felt like a lifetime. She had no other way to describe it.

The girl strolled along the city with the blue ribbon pokémon by her side, as her eyes layed rest on a very familiar figure.
There was something different about him, she could tell already, she couldn't just put her finger on it. With a chuckle she shook her head, mentally noting that surely she was imagineing things, before walking up to him.
"Ming! It's been some time."
[I've been dancing on a wire, Now I'm dying on my feet]
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

A second threat was now bound to his name, again made by someone he considered a friend. But perhaps not anymore. Míngzé felt his nails nearly piercing the skin on his palm by now. It took a lot out of him to remain calm and collected. A difficult task, given everything that happened only a few minutes ago.

Inside his chest, his heart was trying to escape. Each time it beat against his ribs, but never managed to break them. Jiu stayed close to him as they walked. Their destination had been his apartment, which they would be now if he had not walked straight past it.

With no destination in mind, Míngzé kept walking. It did not matter where he would end up, at some point he would return home. Once he felt like it.

Jiu suddenly stopped in his tracks, forcing Míngzé to do the same. By now he recognized her voice, Djodie, who had called out to him and was now standing in front of him. “Djodie, hi.” He tried to smile for her, but it never came. “How eh— how have you been?” His voice sounded strained in a failed effort to appear as he always did.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
There was something different about the man, but Djodie couldn't quite lay a finger on it yet. His whole energy felt off, as there was something weighing on his shoulders. And, despite the fact that he had always looked that way a little bit, this was different.

He recognised her voice and stopped, forcing something that should have been a smile, on his face. Good thing the man couldn't see Djodie's expression. He asked her how she had been and she chuckled lightly, as she knew very well, their last encounter had been in the café, after... After she had nearly frozen to death.

"I've been quite well, honestly. I've burned some bridges, so to speak - or I'm trying to at least - and, well, yeah. I've been doing a lot better lately." There was a hint of calmness in her voice. "What about you?" There was something troubling him, she saw it, she felt it. Yet she was in no position to go and pull it out of the man.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

With Lucina out of the picture, he also lost the last person he trusted enough to help. There were more people, but none of them would fit. They would not understand. One of them was the one now talking to him. Even if he told her, explained everything, he knew she too would turn her back.

Míngzé smiled without it reaching his eyes as she told him how her life was going. “That is good, really good,” he said with a small nod. He barely knew anything about Djodie and her life, so it was impossible for him to know what exactly she was talking about.

“Nothing special.” A blatant lie. This conversation might be a good thing, to be able to talk to someone. Míngzé heaved a deep breath, letting a calmth wash over him, yet a certain edge remained. “I finally managed to secure a job in a new cafe not far from here, so there's that.” There was a genuine smile on his lips as he told her about it. No matter what, he was glad to have found the place and presented the opportunity.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Good Gods. If 'sad' would be a person, Djodie was quite sure it would be Ming. Or maybe he was just way more down to warth then she was. Especially now.

Mingze replied at her words before telling her he had secured a job in a café not far from here. Djodie's eyes lit up. "That is great! Which one?" As she was well aware that not all café's were too eager on hiring a blind man - and she had a vague feeling on who might have hired him.
As he told her about the job, there was a genuine smile on his face, which Djodie was relieved to see.

"Do you still live in the Bonfire-apartments?" Not remembering the real name, it was now simply memorised in her mind as the Bonfire-apartments. With her growing collection of Pokémon, Djodie was wondering if she might need to find a place with a backyard. But acquiring that would take her some time. Save a few paychecks, she'd be fine in the end.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Míngzé highly preferred to forget his encounter form perhaps half an hour ago. Talking might help with that. Or not, who was he kidding really. He could do small talk perfectly fine, but apparently his convincing skills were lacking in any way.

The ninetales at his side was still restless, eyeing the unfamiliar girl with glaring eyes. Only because Míngzé regarded the girl with a certain familiarity did she stay calm.

Again he smiled at her enthusiasm. A few seconds flew past in silence, almost as if they were waiting for something. She had asked a question, right. Swiftly he rubbed his eyes. “Oh— uhm— yes, it’s called ‘Brews and”, no, I mean “Tales and Brews”.” Luckily he was quick to correct himself. Míngzé released a silent sigh.

He hummed with a nod. “Yeah, still in the same old apartment. It’s not much but it does the job.” For now at least. Yes, he had a job, but he was still far behind on payment. Another problem to add to the list. It felt like only a week ago his problems had been getting less.

“How have— wait no, nevermind, I already asked that.” An awkward laugh followed.  In a desperate attempt to change the subject, he wanted to ask how she was doing. A question he already asked her before. A silent curse word rolled over his lips.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Djodie's smile widened as he started the name of the café. "Tales and brews!" She finished, just as he did. "I guess we're gonna be colleagues then!" Hopefully that did sound as a good thing to him like it did to her.
It soothed her a little, to know that she'd have at least three people in the café that she knew, knowing Lucina also got a job there.

Ming added that he indeed still lived in the Bonfire apartments, noting that it wasn't much. Djodie chuckled, her apartment wasn't much either - especially with all the pokémon strolling around there now. She would soon find a better place for them to live. Somewhere with a yard, perhaps, even if it was just a small one.

Djodie was pulled out of her thought by Mingze's words, before he cut them short, remembering he had already asked her how she'd been. With a soft laugh Djodie nodded. There had been, however, something that she remembered from their previous encounter. Something he had said.
"Can I ask you - Last time we spoke, you asked me if I felt... Different. After the lake thing." She took a moment to consider her next words. "Where you talking about an affinity?" Somehow her thoughts could never exit her mouth in a subtle way. "Because I did not understand back then. But I understand now."
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

It was difficult to go along with the enthusiasm she showed. They were to be colleagues, which was a good and positive thing. And yet he could not share in all her joy. Míngzé brought a smile to his lips as he laughed shortly.  “Really? Who’d have thought. What function?” In a few days he should start and then he would be able to learn about everyone who worked there.

Míngzé sighed softly, relieved that she did not seem to notice his small hiccup. Instead it seemed to work in his favor as she changed the subject. Djodie recalled something he had said a while ago, but he softly shook his head. With so much that happened since, he could not possibly remember all he’d said. There were more pressing matters at hand.

Then she mentioned one thing and it all came back to him.

One after the other, Míngzé’s emotions shut down until he gazed in her direction with a blank face. There it was again, mocking, laughing in his face. “You do?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. She did not, they never did. Given what she said, it could only mean one thing and he was not sure if this was a conversation he was willing to have with her.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
He did not match her enthousiastic energy, which was to be expected, 'cause her energy was a lot. Despite that, Djodie watched the man force a smile on his face as he asked her which role she'd have. "Barista! What about you?" She was beyond happy to finally be able to serve coffee's and frappe's and whatnot. To pour her heart and soul into new creations.

The conversation took a turn, when she brought up their earlier encounter. She could almost see the doors in Mingze's head that represented his emotions, shut closed one by one, as he turned his blank face in her direction. Cautious, Djodie leaned back a bit, on her heels. To not step back but still create some more distance between them.
As he asked her if she did, it was clear to Djodie, that he was looking for a whole other sort of 'understanding'. For a short moment she tilted her head, scanning his face. "I think so. I gained an affinity a short while ago, at the prayers." For a moment she considered pressing on, asking him what was wrong. But Djodie was almost certain he wouldn't answer her.

So instead, she took a breath, calming herself down. If he wished to discuss what was troubling him, she'd gladly listen. But she wouldn't be able to drag it out of the man anyway.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

For now he was still on his trial period and Míngzé could only hope that everything would go smoothly. He needed this job and was tired of his endless search, especially now he had found the perfect opportunity. “Sort of the assistant manager. I did not think it was a good idea for me to be serving drinks,” Míngzé explained with a strained smile, one that did not linger too long as the conversation continued.

It was bad timing. Any other day and he would’ve reacted at least a bit better. She said she understood, but how could she? When no one else did? Míngzé tried to relax, to calm down a bit, but it was not working. This day could not have gone any worse and this was not making it any better.

Then she mentioned the prayers. “You got them at the prayers,” Míngzé repeated, trying to make sense of it. “What? Did you pray for one?” There was a bite to his voice he wished was not there. Is that how it worked now? Was Xerneas handing out Affinities to those praying? The idea made him scoff as he shook his head.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Ming answered that he'd be sort of the assistant manager. Djodie's eyes widened in surprised enjoyment, genuinely happy for him. "That's great! And no, better not be serving perhaps." she answered with a chuckle.

The conversation took a turn when she'd brought up affinities. It seemed to make him tense, which wasn't what she had intended at all. When he snapped at her, Djodie raised her hands a bit and took a step back. Only then realising he couldn't see that. "Easy now. I did not pray for one. Most certainly not. I prayed for sunny days, off al things." She said, after which a soft sigh escaped. "When I touched the tree in the temple, it felt like some energy was going through me. Everything felt and looked different after." Better, but she decided not to tell Ming that, feeling like if she did, it could make the man explode. She hadn't witnessed this... more cold, nervous side of Mingze yet. The talk about affinities seemed to surely have triggered something.

"You don't seem to comfortable with your affinity?"
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

What he should’ve done was go home and call it a day. Not that he expected to bump into someone he knew. Especially someone who must mention this one thing. Míngzé rubbed his eyes, the weight of this whole day crashing down upon him.

Her prayer had nothing to do with affinities, instead she had asked for sunny days. Míngzé couldn’t help but scoff at that answer. As if a God would spend their time on the weather. Who knows, maybe they did as they granted her something.

Míngzé glared towards her as she explained what had occurred during those prayers. “You fool,” he muttered, shaking his head. “And you just let it?” To him, that did not make sense.

Her next question made his eyes widen in shock. “How did—” Míngzé started before biting his tongue. It must’ve been easy to put the puzzle pieces together after all this time. “Not just mine,” he decided to say through clenched teeth. To be fair, his own was not that bad. Not anymore at least.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
"You fool," Djodie clenched her jaw together as Ming continued, asking her if she just let it happen. "I -" She wasn't sure what to say now. "I didn't realise I could have done something about it..." She swallowed, confused on why he was suddenly so tense. Djodie crossed her arms in front of her chest, grabbing her upperarm with her hand. She didn't exactly had have the time to think, as Amigo had evolved right after. The whole situation had been overhelming to her.

When she shot her question, Ming widened his eyes in surprise, muttering how she knew. But it was clear to her, radiating off the way he reacted to the topic. He then added that he wasn't comfortable to just his own. Djodie tilted her head. "Why is that?" She spoke softly, calming herself down but carefull not to cause any more irritation. "I'm just trying to understand." Because she didn't. She did not understand his hostality towards affinities - towards all of them, it seemed. What could have happened to him, to make him feel this way?
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

It was never his intention of bringing any of this up, but there was no going back. Míngzé knew he should not have snapped at her, that he could’ve kept his cool and ignored most of it. He could hear the change in Djodie’s voice and he knew he had made a mistake.

Míngzé took a sharp breath and shook his head. “No— no probably not.” The tone of his voice made him appear like a broken man. He never felt that he had been given a choice in the matter. A choice born from desperation.

Djodie remained rather, which was probably the only reason it did not escalate any further. Míngzé rubbed his eyes, a desperate attempt to soothe himself. She was trying to understand his reasoning, but how could he possibly explain. “You wouldn’t understand,” Míngzé said through gritted teeth. No one ever did, so he never bothered explaining his reasoning. “For your sake I hope it will change your life for the better.” For as long as it will still matter. Hopefully soon, he would no longer have to worry about any of this.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
His answer made him appear broken. Djodie frowned in worry, closing in on the man but not sure what to do. They weren't close enough for her to just go and hug him - even though she wanted to do so.

After she asked him to explain, he answered she wouldn't understand. Djodie tilted her head as he went on, saying that he hoped her affinity would change her life for the better.
For a moment Djodie's head started racing. Why wouldn't it? Could it change her life for the worst? Even if she had felt so good, so full of life from the moment she had gained it? It had felt like a piece she didn't know was missing.
Clearly it did not feel like that for him.

"I believe it will." Her mind had calmed down. "I, I guess you have other experiences, but an affinity doesn't seem like a bad thing. A fairy affinity - I can't speak for any of the others, ofcourse." Djodie spoke softly. "I don't know what you're going through, Ming. But maybe I can help. You don't have to go through it alone. If you let me."
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

A thought crossed his mind. Míngzé could turn his back to her and walk away. That way he could remove himself from this situation, but what good would that do? It was the easy way out, but there was no saying if that meant it was the good one.

Djodie revealed which one she had and Míngzé let out a low hum. Was that even possible? Could it be as simple as the difference between affinities? Even with his limited knowledge, he knew fairy was rather harmless. At least as far as he was aware.

“Then perhaps you are one of the few lucky ones,” he said almost bitterly as he raised his shoulder. Míngzé wondered if she was truly lucky. Even fairy was one he did not want to have. The idea made his skin crawl.

But then she continued and her words almost felt like a knife went straight through his heart. Míngzé stared at her, his jaw clenched. “I’m not alone,” he countered immediately. Perhaps he’d said it too fast. It was true that things were not too great with Sāng and Lucina. But he was not alone. There were still others. He was not alone.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Mingzé's answer came bitterly, and Djodie closed her eyes for a second, remaining in her calm composure. As she continued talking, she noticed to late, her words had a different effect then she had intended. The man's jaw clenched, and she wasn't even finished before he interrupted her, claiming he wasn't alone.

Djodie sighed softly, shaking her head. "I didn't mean it like that. I was just - I'm just trying to offer some help. A listening ear." Djodie simply answered. "But maybe it's not the time now. I hope you can find comfort with it." She wasn't going to stand here and take his snapping at her. She understood it wasn't directed to her personally, but that didn't make it any less of a fact that he was still snapping at her. It was time for her to leave.

"If you ever want to talk, please know that you can, okay? For now, have a good day." And with that, Djodie turned around and walked on.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content