Memberlist
Accountswitch

Stranger things

2 posters
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
IC Posts : 37
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Judge if you want to
We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.

The weather wasn’t particularly great that day. Since Zhènyǔ had a day off, he did not want to spent it inside and decided to bring Xìnyì to the park to see the swanna’s and whatever other pokémon were there. The kid was holding a bag with old bread, throwing it in the water or to a nearby pokémon.

For a moment he grabbed his phone, checking a few message’s he’d received to make sure nothing major was happening. He never truly had a complete day off, but he managed.

A high pitch scream filled the air. Zhènyǔ turned around instantly, feeling how small hands held onto his pants. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, no immediate danger was present. Then why was Xìnyì scared?

”She— she—”

That was all he managed to say. With a worried look in his eyes he looked down at his son. She. There was only one woman nearby, her small posture was nothing to be scared off, but there was something off about her.

“What did you do?” Zhènyǔ asked sternly, his purple eyes pinning her to the spot. One hand rested on Xìnyì’s head, trying to sooth the boy.

Lucina

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Birthday: October 15
Sexuality: Bi
Lucina Roth
IC Posts : 617

Lucina RothEnhanced Affinity
Why she had decided to go to the park today wasn’t something she really understood, especially when the weather wasn’t that great. But the Sprigatito had headed into the park the moment they walked by, so she really didn’t have any other choice than to follow the pokemon and make sure that she wouldn’t get herself in any trouble.

Violet had apparently seen something near the water, so as the Sprigatito sprinted ahead she followed. She hadn’t really been aware that there was anywhere nearby till she heard a high pitched scream. She would be lying if she said that no one had started screaming when they saw her before, but a voice that sounded this young was new. She had intended to just ignore it, try to get away from them, it always worked better if she did that.

But the moment the person started to talk about a ‘she’, she could feel someone looking at her. She turned to face him when he asked what she had done. She looked down at the small human, for once needing to look down on someone, before looking at the man who had asked what she had done. ”I was just walking.” She said, the narrowing of her eyes the only sign that she had been slightly irritated by his tone of voice.
Zhènyǔ Lǐ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Luci
Birthday: ???
Sexuality: Still figuring it out
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Judge if you want to

Xìnyì hid behind his leg, tightly gripping his pants as he peeked around him at the girl. It was always the same and Zhènyǔ feared that it would never change. From what he could see, there was nothing that should’ve scared him. Only a girl, barely any bigger than his son was.

Zhènyǔ narrowed his eyes as he looked her up and down. “You telling me he reacted like this over nothing?” Not that it was out of the question, but he would like to think his son was at least a little bit brave.

A cat-like creature accompanied the girl. Also not worthy of a scream. Then his eyes fell on her ears, next her nails that resembled claws. Never had he seen anything like this before. Zhènyǔ straightened his back some more. “Did you try to scare him with those?” How he liked to believe those were fake, like her ears. They looked a bit too real.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Lucina Roth

Should she feel insulted that he was calling her nothing? Had he not noticed what might have scared the child? ”Yes, it’s not something I did.” Meanwhile, the Sprigatito watched how everything was going, clearly curious about the child too, but for now it didn’t approach yet. It could feel the tension between the two adults at the moment.

And now he accused her of having scared the child on purpose or at least that was how it came across to her. ”I wasn’t hiding them, no, but the child got scared on his own.” She tried to reply calmly, but it was getting harder when it was clear that this person was planning on accusing her of something she had not done. ”So if you really want to blame someone, blame that child for getting scared easily.” Okay, maybe she shouldn’t have said that, but it was a bit too late now.
Zhènyǔ Lǐ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Judge if you want to

If he’d been angry before, he was now a raging storm. At his side his hand curled into a fist. There were a few lines you did not cross, but this girl managed to find the worst one. Zhènyǔ pinned her down with narrowed eyes.

“Exactly, a child, so don’t you dare blame him.” His voice was low and had a clear edge to it. Seeing those claws it was understandable they would freak out a child. It was not fair to blame Xìnyì. Behind him he could hear the soft sobs of his son, clearly getting more distressed by their bickering.

Zhènyǔ heaved a deep breath. This could not escalate with his son here. “It might be wise to do something against those—” His purple eyes looked down at her hands. What was a good way to describe her hands? “—nails, before you hurt someone with those.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Lucina Roth

She had clearly said the wrong thing to the man in front of her. No one had stopped her before, because she had scared their child, so this was the first time and she clearly didn’t know how to handle it. ”So you want to blame me for doing nothing?” She countered, she wasn’t going to let him off that easily, not realising that he was trying to tone down for the child that was clearly sobbing now. ”Honestly for the screaming of that child I should be blaming you, no? Since we can’t blame the child.” Maybe it was for the better that she would never have a child of her own.

The moment he mentioned doing something about her claws, she clenched her jaw, trying to keep the initial comment she had inside. ”No, I won’t.” She started first. She had only hurt one person on purpose with them for as far as she knew and just because a child was scared she wouldn’t do anything. ”Just because your child is scared is no reason to tell people to change their appearance.” She was clearly annoyed, otherwise she might have walked away before it came to this point.
Zhènyǔ Lǐ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Judge if you want to

Zhènyǔ had never seen anything like it. Yes, some people had a unique fashion taste, but this was different. It caused immediate distrust, especially after seeing how his son reacted. She was not normal, which was reason enough for him to assume she’d done something.

Slowly the corners of his mouth pulled into a smile the more she spoke, before it was accompanied by a sarcastic laughter. Now he was to blame? The laughter quickly died down again. “You might want to start looking at yourself, instead of putting the blame on others.”

Xìnyì only held onto him tighter, burying his face against his leg. It was his reaction that only fueled his anger towards the girl. She was brave to continue going, he had to give her that. “Change no. Hide? Something worth considering.” he would surely hide those parts of him if he were to look like— that.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Lucina Roth

She had just been passing by and he just had to accuse her of scaring the kid. It was he or the child who had started all this, not her. ”Why should I look at myself, I was just passing by when you started accusing me.” All because of one stupid child who wasn’t brave enough.

She already disliked this father and son pair and there were words on her tongue that she shouldn’t speak, they would really be going too far here. The Sprigatito who was tugging at her clothes made her look down at the pokemon, it was trying to distract her, that much was sure, most likely telling her it was not worth it, but he had gone too far.

”Apologise for accusing me over nothing, then I will leave you.” It took all her control to force those words out instead of what she really wanted to say, ignoring the last bit he said. She had already decided not to hide them and it wouldn’t change, not because of one child.
Zhènyǔ Lǐ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Zhènyǔ Lǐ
Judge if you want to

Was she delusional or straight up stupid? It might be both. There was no getting through to her and he was done trying to. Who knows, it might also be an effect that came with her strange appearance.

Zhènyǔ scoffed when the girl had the audacity to ask for an apology while Xìnyì still clung to his leg. “Have fun waiting.” A sarcastic smile decorated his lips before softening the moment he looked down at his son. With him here he did not want to cause too much of a scene.

“Come on, there is nothing to be afraid of.” Gently he led him as he turned their backs towards the weird girl. He did not fear her, but he understood while Xìnyì would. “I’ll make you pancakes once we get home,” Zhènyǔ promised, hoping that would be enough for his son to forget all about her.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Sponsored content