Accountswitch

Forgiveness

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

Last time his emotions had been a mess. His whole fight with Lucina and the threat she made had him on edge. What he should’ve done was go home and calm down. Instead he opted for a walk and in result snapped at someone.

That someone was now working while Míngzé was there too. It was the ideal moment and perhaps the only chance he would get. It had already gone wrong before and it couldn’t get much worse.

When Djodie was at the bar again, he walked up to her. “Djodie,” Míngzé greeted her. If she did not want to talk, so be it, but it was worth a shot. “Can we talk?” He did not sound very sure of himself, but he was also not good at things like this. That did not change the fact that it was something he should do.

“If not, that is fine too,” Míngzé quickly added as he did not want to give her the feeling she had no other choice. He was not here for work, he was here as— well, a friend?

Djodie

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 589

Djodie Archeron
A lot had happened, that much was clear. Djodie was occupied by her thoughts as she was cleaning coffee cups and mindlessly putting them back on the shelves. It was quiet in the café, and she didn't like to sit still.

She was, however, pulled out of her thoughts by Míngzé calling her name. She needed a second to get back to the present, before she turned her face towards him, humming softly that she had heared him. The question that came after made her frown. Had she done something wrong? Had she served a wrong coffee? Had a costumer - the man stopped her thoughts again as he declared it was fine if she didn't want to talk, and suddenly she understood this was not about work.

She had almost forgotten about her little conversation with Míng, before she had run into Lucina and Sang, right after.
"Yes, sure. Let's sit down somewhere more private?" She proposed, knowing that this might not be the type of talk they would want to have in their work environment.
[I've been dancing on a wire, Now I'm dying on my feet]
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

For a short moment he expected Djodie to say no. If that was her answer, he would no longer try and leave it at that. In the end it was her choice if she wanted to hear him out, not the other way around.

With some effort he held back a relieved sigh once she agreed to talk. A small hint of a smile tugged at the corners of his lips. While this meant nothing yet, it provided him with an opportunity. “Let’s go to the staff room.” It should be empty at that time of the day.

Míngzé already walked towards it, holding the door open for Djodie, that way she could enter first and he would follow. “Do you want something to drink first?” He was not good at things like this, never knew how to start or what to say really and it showed.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
He seemed to be relieved by her answer, even a hint of a smile tugging on his lips. She followed him into the staffroom, walking in as he asked her if she wanted anything to drink first.
"Oh no that's alright, thank you." She said, as he pulled a chair back and took a seat, watching Míng curiously.

She wasn't even sure if he wanted to talk about their last encounter, but the tone of his voice made her think that. She had almost forgotten it, given how much had happened after.

"What did you want to talk about?"
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

His cane found the chair first, after which he placed his hand on top of it to pull it back. It felt better to sit down while doing this. Once he sat he folded his cane and placed it on the table where he would be able to find it for later.

Djodie was the first to ask what he wanted to talk about. From the way she spoke, he did not get the impression that she was angry at him, which was reassuring.

“You remember the last time we spoke?” he started, knowing full well that the answer would be ‘yes’. Míngzé folded his hands and placed them on the table, rubbing the back of one hand with his thumb.

“I wanted to say sorry, really, for the way I acted. Things— happened before that and, well, yeah, that does not justify any of it, I know.” Míngzé was not good at this and it showed. Maybe a simple sorry would’ve been enough. “So eh, yeah— I’m sorry.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
So it was about their last encounter. Ming explained 'something' happened before, causing him to react in the way he had done.
Djodie tilted her head slightly, this close to being done with all that vagueness.

What was 'something'?

On the other hand, he and Lucina seemed to be pretty close, right? Maybe he could tell her more. She already had a feeling there was more happening here, maybe he was involved to.

"It's okay. Thank you for saying this, I very much appreciate it." Djodie replied kindly. "Something happened after as well... I... I'm not sure if I should tell you but - you seem pretty close with Lucina, right?"
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

When the words left his mouth, he wished he could take them back and try again. He’d envisioned it to go a whole lot smoother. Sadly enough there was no going back. How was he so bad at this?

He held his breath until Djodie seemed to accept the apology. “I probably should’ve said it even sooner,” Míngzé added with a sigh. Not that it mattered anymore, he’d said it and hopefully she was genuine when saying it was alright.

However as she continued a worried frown deepened on his forehead. “Lucina? You saw her after you left?” he asked, concerned. She’d been angry and he knew how she could react when her emotions got the upper hand. Had she done something to Djodie?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Míng still seemed a little awkward, but it was no different from his normal behaviour, really. Djodie just chuckled when he said he should've probably apologised sooner. "Probably. But at least you came to me now, right?"

When the topic shifted, Djodie noticed him tense up a little. "I did, or, well, I ran into her..." She probably keep her mouth shut, but now she'd already started, and she needed someone to help her make sense of this mess.
"And Ruisang..." Was she really going to do this? Just randomly tell Míng what had happened, that Sang had attacked Lucina?
Míng also knew Sang, maybe he wouldn't even believe her. Didn't they live in the same building?

This suddenly felt like a terrible idea.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

It was as if a weight fell from his shoulders. Not that it made a difference with everything else balancing on them. “Better late than never, I guess,” he said with a smile tugging at his lips. Although, too late also was not good, but it seemed he was still on time with this one.

Puzzle pieces were falling together as Djodie spoke, even when she barely told him everything. His jaw clenched and he drew a sharp breath. This should not come as a surprise, he should’ve known this all happened right after. All of it made sense now.

“They had a fight,” Míngzé completed what she might have wanted to say. One fight led to the other, probably because her emotions got the better of her. “She told me.” But she left out certain parts. A lot of parts actually.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
He knew about it! Djodie lifted her head as he continued that they - Luci and Sang - had a fight, completing Djodie's unfinished words. Had Luci already told him? Did he perhaps know more?
"Well, a fight is a bit of an understatement. He tried to kill her, Ming... Vince jumped in, I got Lucina away." Djodie stopped thinking, Míng knew about it already, maybe he would at least be able to answer her question if she had gone mad or not.

"She... She just kept going on and on about some item Sang had stolen, and that Vince had it now?" Cody had declared her stressed. Like she had imagined it. But she hadn't, right? She knew very well that Vince matched her own affinity, she had felt it a couple times before.
But that night, she hadn't felt his fairy affinity as strong. It had felt like something, that thing, had dimmed it down.

"I can't help but think that I felt whatever it was, on Vince." Djodie bit her lip, not sure if she should've said all this. But he clearly already knew about the fight, right? And if he didn't knew anything more... Well, then she'd have to find someone else.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé placed his elbow on the table before rubbing through his eyes. It was exactly the same as Lucina had told him and he knew they spoke the truth. Sāng hadn’t even tried to deny it. “I’m glad you were there when she needed you,” he said, offering Djodie a kind smile that quickly dropped from his lips again. If it wasn’t for him, she might never have approached Sāng in the first place, making him partially responsible as well.

“Things are not as easy as they seem to be,” he tried to explain without saying too much. It was hard for multiple reasons and he did not want to cross any lines.

Especially since the artifact had been in Vince’s presence. “It’s probably just some affinity thing, I wouldn’t worry about this item too much. Lucina she—” A silence fell as he thought about the things. “She can be reckless, more the act first, think later. We had a fight before that, which is why I was on edge and why she got into a fight with Sāng.” A sigh followed. He hated everything about this.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Míngzé's demeanor changed when she started about the whole situation. The man placed his elbow on the table, rubbing his eyes with his fingers. Djodie leaned back in the chair, not liking where this was going. Already sensing she wouldn't get any more information here.
Again.

'Things are not as easy as they seem to be.' Djodie rolled her eyes, realising that, luckily, Míng couldn't see. The man seemed very thoughtful of his words, choosing them with calculated precision.

'It's probably just an affinity thing -' Djodie couldn't help but stop him right there. "It's not! I -." She halted herself, realising she had raised her voice. She swallowed the lump in her throat, irritation growing, as she tried to calm herself down. "I know what I felt. And you, are quite picky with your choise of words, it seems." Djodie clenched her jaw together, as he continued to explain that he had a fight with Lucina before Djodie had ran into Míng, and before Lucina had confronted Sang about the object.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé closed his eyes for a moment, pinching the bridge of his nose. Deep breaths. He came here to apologize, not start yet another fight.

Again something he could try and fix. Did it really matter that he was being careful, when apparently he was the only one? This was not helping anyone, yet no one seemed to make good decisions.

“Yes, I am, because if I'm not, you might jump to conclusions right away.” He lowered his arm again and gazed towards her. What a mess. “Just try not to get too involved. This is not a fight you want to join. Let Sāng and Lucina figure this out themselves.” That was the safest option for everyone.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Why was everyone suddenly acting weirdly? Why was everyone treating her like a child? Uncertainty crept up in Djodie's mind as Míng admitted that he was choosing his words carefully, or else she might jump to conclusions.

He added that she wouldn't - shouldn't want to be involved, and that she should leave this between Lucina and Sang. But why was everyone going around the information she really wanted to understand? Could it really be that dangerous? it was just an item, how much danger could that posess?

Djodie let out a sigh, attempted to calm herself down, but failed. Was there even someone in her life that hadn't treated her like a child? Kaye had kept her away from those fucking phonecalls and messages in the most fucked-up timing. Cody had told her she was just overreacting when she had told him about the item. Lucina had simply said that it was better if Djodie wouldn't know. And now Míng was trying to put the idea in her head that she was imagining things as well.

"Why is everyone treating me like a fucking child?!" The words weren't supposed to come out at all, let alone like this. Djodie's voice was raised, tears burning behind her eyes as she tried to grasp onto every fiber of certainty that she could find here.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé narrowed his eyes the moment Djodie raised her voice at him, clearly not happy with the answer he had given her. They came to an understanding about one conflict, only to end up in a new one. It did not matter if she hated his explanation. Nothing would change.

“Ever thought that maybe it’s for your own good?” Míngzé sighed deeply in an attempt to keep his frustrations from spiraling out of control. He kept his own voice under control for now, although he could not hide the hint of frustration.

“You’ve seen yourself what can happen. Why do you so desperately want to know when I tell you it’s best not to get involved.” If he could turn back time, forget everything about these artifacts, he would.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
She noticed the change in his face. The frustrated sigh he let out.
She'd gone too far.

But, where she had expected him to start yelling at her, Ming didn't. Instead, he semi-calmly asked her if she never thought that maybe it was for her own good. Explaining that she had seen what could happen, and asking her why she still wanted to know, even when everyone told her it was best to stay away.

Djodie's expression softened, guilt falling over her as she leaned back in her seat.
"You're right..." She sighed. "I'm sorry." Maybe she really should just forget about it. The idea of that item, that feeling, still gnawing at her, ofcourse. But the last thing she wanted was to get herself in the same position she had found Lucina in.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A part of him wondered if it was the artifact itself that was driving people crazy the moment they felt it. Part of him could understand their curiosity. He too would want to know what it was based on that pull he felt. Although he wondered if it was the same for Djodie.

Djodie apologized to which Míngzé shook his head. “No need, I do understand you,” he reassured her. But how could he possibly even try to explain everything that happened until that point. It was too much. Even he barely understood what was happening these days.

“The best you can do is go the other way the moment you get this feeling again. Only bad things follow where it goes.” Even now he did not want to endanger others.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content