Accountswitch

Bad feeling

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

There was one thing he was unable to get out of his mind. Well, one thing among a whole arsenal of other things. The tone of his voice was haunting, his desperation almost intoxicating. Mingze had told him where he could find help, but he was unsure if it was enough.

Standing near the temple brought back memories of its own. For a good while he stood at the base, simply gazing towards it. Jiu stood at his side, her red eyes paying close attention. There was still a protection active inside, he knew that now.

Mindful of what place he was entering, he tried to hide the affinity burning through him as much as possible. There was only one problem and that was that he had no idea what he was doing exactly. All he could think of was that it was probably better than doing nothing at all.

After filling his lungs, Mingze entered the temple where he had met her the first time. He payed close attention to his surroundings, hoping to find someone who worked there. Once thought Mingze did, he approached the person. "Excuse me, do you know if Shae is here today?" Now he could only hope this person indeed worked here and that she was present.

Shaelyn

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine
IC Posts : 858

Shaelyn O'DubhshláineAttuned Affinity
In front of the tree of Xerneas, a young seer kneeled with her head bowed low. She kept her eyes closed as she whispered soft words to the Goddess of Life. To any and all, her words would sound like faint murmurs—but she knew the Goddess could hear. If only she’d respond, if only she’d help Shaelyn understand what came next.

Only when her name was called did the girl open her eyes, easily pushing herself up from the ground before turning around with a soft smile on her lips.

Someone is looking for you,” one of the temple workers told her, pointing in the direction.

Shaelyn bowed to the man in respect, then folded her hands behind her back and calmly walked towards the temple where she found a familiar face speaking to someone.

Hello, Míngzé. I understand you were looking for me,” she greeted him, smiling with a slight bow to the other man before turning back to Míngzé. “What can I do for you?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: shae
Birthday: 12 / 08
Sexuality: bisexual
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé was lucky. The person was indeed someone who worked here and they mentioned Shae was here today. He thanked them when they told him they were going to get her.

Calmly he waited, until her familiar voice rang in his ears. Míngzé turned around. “Uh yeah, that’s right, hi,” he greeted her, not as smoothly as he wished it to be.

This was strange. Before they were strangers. Now they were still strangers, but with more connections than before. Míngzé was no longer sure if he had made the right decision by coming here. He could’ve asked Lamar for her number and called her instead. Yet, here he was.

Loosely he let his cane roll between his hands. “I was wondering if someone came to visit you these last few days,” Míngzé started. There was no reason to run around the bush. “Green hair, goes by the name Vince?” That was all he could give her. No matter what had happened between them in the past, he was worried for the young man.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

The man greeted her awkwardly while Shaelyn patiently awaited what he’d come to say. She kept her hands folded behind her back, leaning her weight onto one leg as she slightly shifted the position of the other, her long hair falling over one shoulder.

No, I do not think so,” Shaelyn hummed softly when she was asked if a boy by the name of Vince had come by recently. It wasn’t a name she was familiar with.

Please, sit down. Explain to me what’s wrong,” she urged, moving in the direction of one of the benches as she spoke so he’d know where to go. It seemed like the man had something on his mind, and she wanted to hear it.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

How he was trying to keep his cool. To pretend like they were— what exactly? Not friends? This was also not professional? There really was no way to describe this.

A worried look settled itself when she mentioned he had not been here. There was no reason to doubt it or ask her to double check. If he had been her, she would know. “Right,” Míngzé sighed deeply. How he wished Vince had followed his advice already.

Míngzé nodded when she asked to sit down and followed her. Last time had almost been the same. The conversation they had back then still floated in his mind as it had changed a lot. Míngzé stayed quiet for a moment, trying to figure out what to say and how to start.

“His affinity, he lost it, and not by choice.” There really was no way to tell her. “I told him about you, because after our last conversation here, I thought perhaps you could help him.” And he hoped it would keep him from making stupid mistakes.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Settling down on the wooden bench of the temple, Shaelyn listened to Míngzé as he spoke of the boy. Apparently, Vince had lost his affinity—not by choice. He’d been told about her but hadn’t decided to come by.

Last time we spoke on temple premises, you were interested in the ways of ridding oneself of an affinity,” Shaelyn started calmly, her brow furrowed with worry as her red eyes took in Míngzé’s face carefully.

I hope your involvement does not mean you have something to do with him losing his affinity,” she admitted. It would explain why he’d regret it now and stand before her asking if Vince had come by.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Almost in shame he looked down at his hands. Of course she would bring up that conversation. It was to be expected, yet he had not imagined the words flowing out of her mouth. The hint to an accusation that lay within them.

His brow furrowed deeply. “I—” he started before he cut himself off, biting his tongue before he would say something stupid. He pulled his sleeves further over his arms, hiding the bandages. Never had he thought about it that way and for a moment it felt like a possibility. But no. This was not on him. Míngzé had nothing to do with the piece Vince lost and his affinity that was no more.

When he made up his mind, he shook his head resolutely. “No,” Míngzé said, looking up in an attempt to make some sort of eye contact. He wanted her to know he was not lying. “While he gave me no details about what happened, it had nothing to do with me.”

“Our conversation last time made me reflect on my way of thinking. Made me see the flaws. This is not a fate I wish upon anyone.” Not anymore. Not after witnessing the empty shell Vince was left as.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

Shaelyn watched the other intently as he insisted he hadn’t been involved when the boy lost his affinity. She nodded slowly, a small smile playing on her lips.

It was hard to believe—after all, hadn’t he come to her convinced that the world would be better off without affinities?

Still, Shaelyn prided herself on being a good judge of character, and she didn’t sense any deceit in him. If he were lying, she believed she would see it. One couldn't hide a lie if they’d never seen it on another’s face.

Alright. I believe you,” she said softly. “You said it wasn’t by choice. Do you know how he lost it?” It wasn’t unheard of for someone to lose their affinity, but it usually took years of searching for a method to rid themselves of it. To accidentally lose it, or lose it against one’s will, was rare.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A relieved sigh escaped when Shae said she believed him. It was not often that someone did, even when he said nothing but the truth. Especially with an accusation like this one, he did not want her to have any wrong ideas about him.

Míngzé felt his jaw tighten. While he had no details, he was well aware of the basics. But could he tell her? The answer was an easy one really. The same he had given everyone before when they came asking their questions.

“No, he did not tell me, just that he lost it,” he said, keeping his voice as neutral as possible. There was no way he could tell her how a deity had taken it from him, made promises He would likely not keep. “It’s not like we are on great terms, never have been,” he added, giving her a reason why he would not have told him.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Shaelyn O'Dubhshláine

The man told Shaelyn that Vince hadn’t told him, just that he’d lost it. Shaelyn raised a brow at this. When he added a reason, however, a small smile pulled at her lips.

The first thing they taught me is that only a liar has to add a reason why it’s true,” she said softly. There was no need to explain what you said unless you were trying to convince someone it was true. It was one of the easiest ways to spot a liar.

You’re worried about this boy. Do you know where he lives? Or any method to reach him?” she continued gently, deciding not to linger on the other part for now. If someone had indeed lost their affinity, Shaelyn worried about their health and safety.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé opened his mouth, ready to come up with an excuse as to how he was not lying, only to shut it immediately. Going against her would only confirm that he was in fact lying. Just like staying quiet.

A deep sigh escaped, mixed with frustration. He shook his head before saying more. Why was he going through this extra mile, to help someone who perhaps did not even want his help. “No I don’t.” There was only one person he could ask for a number, but he would not bother him with this.

“I don’t even have a full name,” Míngzé said, again that frustration was shining through. Why was everyone being so difficult? No one ever listened. Not to him at least. He brought his hand to his eyes and rubbed through them. “That fucking idiot. I had hoped he would have sought you out by now.” But of course not. He would rather go after the artifacts probably.

“He really loved that affinity of his, which makes it probably even worse that it was taken from him.” While he did not understand the sentiment someone could feel, he could imagine how devastating it would be.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content