Accountswitch

[SF] Art of Queuing

2 posters
kryos argyron
IC Posts : 8
kryos argyronEnhanced Affinity
You will rise from the ashes
But the burning comes first

It was the music that had lured him towards the forest, or more the curiosity that came with it. Once there Kryos quickly decided that it was too much and way too loud. So many people walked around, laughing, screaming and singing. Most of them were extremely bad at it too and he felt like he might go deaf if he stayed too long. How he wished they would all soon leave and bring peace back to this otherwise beautiful place.

For now he had a goal in mind, which was getting something to drink. It was a hot day and this amount of people crammed together made it even worse.

There was a line of people standing in his way, so naturally Kryos walked past all of them until he could speak to the one keeping all the drinks to himself, handing them out only when people asked for it. He ignored all the murmurs behind him, some even sounding angry and irritated.

“I need water,” he told the man standing at the other side, staring him down. Behind him the talking of people grew louder, but he ignored it still. ”There is a line, kid.” That there was indeed and it was highly irrelevant. “Yes, I see, and I require water,” he repeated, growing impatient with each passing second.

Damien

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kari
Birthday:
Sexuality: Unknown
Damien Ives
IC Posts : 12
Damien Ives
'Go out, it will be good for you to get your ass out of the lab', he could almost still hear the annoying voice of his coworker. He could have fired her, but she was right. Damien slowly started collecting dust spending way more time than necessary in the lab. But he could feel he was close to a breakthrough.. if only..

Scales.

Clear as day, they stood out. People passing by did not seem to notice too much, but he did. It set the man in his sight apart from everyone else at the festival. Was it fake? Something you sometimes saw kids wear? Slowly he made his way through the crowd to get closer, faintly picking up the last words that were spoken by him. Water? If that what was needed to strike up a conversation, so be it. "Two water please," he handed the bartender some of the festival tokens he had bought. The bottles of uncapped water were handed to him and he reached one out to the man with the scales. "Are those real?" a blunt question to ask, but one that had been the only one in his mind. Of course he had heard about people with enhanced affinity's, but he had just assumed those things were folk legend or rumors. Now a living example stood in front of him if they were real of course.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Dam, Dee
Birthday: 4/12
Sexuality: Bisexual
kryos argyron

With the burning hot sun shining down on him he could only curse the ice coursing through his veins. It felt like he could melt at any point, becoming nothing more than the one thing he desired now. The long sleeves covering most of the scales on his arms made it worse, but he needed them. People did not pay attention to the ones covered by his hair, or the few on the back of his hands. Without the sleeves it would be difficult.

Kryos narrowed his eyes when he was refused his water, all while someone else asked for two and got it. He glared at the tall man, opening his mouth to say something. Only he was forced to swallow his words as the man handed him one of them, accompanied by the strangest question.

He snagged the bottle out of his hands, welcoming its cool touch. “I do believe these bottles are very much real.” What a strange thing to ask, given that he was the one holding both bottles. While his people skills were very much lacking, even he knew it was a strange thing to ask.

Yet there was something in the way the other looked at him. “Thank you.” No matter, he got what he needed, now he could go and leave this— wherever was going on here.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Birthday:
Damien Ives
Damien Ives
It was clear as day to him that his man was bothered by the heat. And his clothes sure were the problem. But as Damien's eyes drifted towards the mans limbs, it was clear why he made his fashion choices. Scales on his hands.

It was also clear that his man was not the brightest. Or just missed what he was referring to, given the nature of the people around them. No one seemed to notice but him. People these days were too busy with themselves to notice their surroundings. "I was not talking about the water," his eyes drifted to the hands of the man in front of him once more. "I was talking about that. How did that happen?"

The festival was loud, this was no place for a conversation like this. He chugged some of his water. "Let's move away a bit, it's quieter of there." he pointed towards some open spot. "The look on your face gives away that you're not really a music festival person." Neither was he, sure it was fun. But only for one hour of so. Damien always wanted to leave quickly which made buying tickets for other festivals a waste of money.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
kryos argyron

There was a coldness that spread over his face when the stranger confirmed the doubts that grew within. The question had been too odd, he should’ve known that was not what he meant. Kryos thought he had been careful enough, but not to the watchful eye of the man.

Uncomfortably he shifted his posture, moving his weight from one leg to the other while straightening his back. The man remained taller than he was. Kryos quickly pulled his hands back, trying to hold them in a position that shielded the back while still holding the bottle of water. “I’m sorry, I don’t understand the question.” He was starting to wonder if this man knew more than he did, which was hardly difficult given the fact that he knew barely anything himself. Did something happen for him to look like he did?

Slowly, as if every move he made was deliberate, he too drank from his water. As he did his eyes never left the stranger, not even to follow his finger to where he was pointing. “It is awfully loud here,” Kryos agreed. It was difficult to even hold the conversation they were having now. “But I’m afraid there is nothing to talk about, if that is what you are after.” All he did was step out of the way for the people standing behind them. Unconsciously he pulled his hair further over his shoulders, making sure it covered his neck.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Birthday:
Damien Ives
Damien Ives
Or the heat was getting to him, or the man in front of him really lacked braincells. Damien was sure he had understood the question perfectly, but chose to go on this path in hopes to lose his interest. Tough luck.

"I'm sure you understood perfectly." there was a slight coldness in the answer. One you would expect from a teacher scolding his student. It seemed he had put the stranger in high alert, his eyes did not dart towards the public or the place he pointed out. Nothing seemed to catch his attention right now, he was focused. "I'm a man of science, there is a lot to talk about. See, I specialize myself in affinity's. In the way they affect the society of Cerynia, the way they are harnessed by the people, or- the way they change someone." and it seemed that this man had underwent quite the changes.

"What affinity do you wield?" this is were Damien felt the conversation could turn dangerous. If he angered the stranger, if he used his powers - Arceus knows which ones - on him.. he could be done for.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content