Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Like a ghost

2 posters
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981
Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????

Maybe Ruìsāng should learn from this experience and not sneak into events he oughtn’t be at. The people here were far above the level he was used to. Royalty? He wasn't supposed to be anywhere near that level. The mere thought of scandalous headlines and intrusive paparazzi made his stomach churn with dread. He couldn't afford his picture circulating online after an ill-fated encounter with one of these high-profile individuals. No way. He had drastically misjudged this event, and now he needed to escape—immediately.

With a quick, nervous glance over his shoulder, Ruìsāng made a beeline for the exit, his mind racing with regret and alarm. But in his haste, he collided with someone, and...

Fuck!

Shit.

I mean—

He looked up, his expression a chaotic mix of annoyance, confusion, and panic. Shit, shit, shit! What if this was a princess? He couldn’t curse in front of royalty. Did they still carry out executions for such offences in their countries? Help!

I’m so sorry Miste— Princess? Ma’am?

Smooth.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Katherine of Andorin
IC Posts : 53
Katherine of Andorin
He was sunshine I was midnight rain. He wanted it comfortable I wanted that pain. He wanted a bride, I was making my own name. He stayed the same, all of me changed like midnight
How many introductions had she gone through by this point? Whenever she was given an opportunity to catch her breath from smiling politely, somebody else found their way to her. Wether it was the dean of the university or somebody that must be involved in politics in Cerynia. They all wished to speak to her, or rather, Andorin. The fact that they would get a glimpse of the illusive princess was an added bonus.

Another countless 'goodbye' later, the tall blonde wished to just have a moment to herself. Just as she thought she did, she felt the air being knocked out of her lungs. Her glass slipped from her hand, it shattered loudly as she tried to keep herself steady. Only after she did that could she register the voice talking to her.  

Your Royal Highness would do. The thought echoed through her head briefly as she turned to glance at the culprit.

Once again, she felt the air knocked out from her chest. "Philip," she uttered softly. Colour had drained from her face. What was he doing here? She blinked, sure of the fact that it was her brother standing in front of her.

Reality came crashing in as she heard gasps from around the room. She briefly rubbed the side of her head, in doing so erasing any thought that her younger brother was here. Now that she looked at him she noted the differences, even though there weren't many. Moreover, she realised they had made a scene, which made her tense up. "Katherine will do." She told him. "Are you hurt?" She continued to ask him, as if she had been the one to bump into him.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kath, Princess
Birthday: October 1, 2000
Sexuality: Straight (jk)
Ruìsāng Sū

There was something oddly familiar about the girl. Ruìsāng furrowed his brow, scrunched his nose in confusion, and stumbled over his words, trying to pinpoint what it was. He couldn't quite grasp it. Perhaps it was just one of those uncanny resemblances people sometimes had. It seemed like she was surprised to see him too, although he couldn't fathom why. Maybe she recognized him as some outsider who didn't belong there.

Philip.

The name hung in the air, perplexing him. Who was Philip? He waited for her to correct herself, but she didn't. Instead, she introduced herself as Katherine. So, she wasn't one of the royal? That was a relief. Yes, definitely a relief. When she asked if he was hurt, he visibly relaxed a little, still tense but less so, eager to escape this situation as swiftly as possible.

I’m not— Sorry. I don’t know a Philip,” he told her. She had said it softly, but maybe she knew someone. Maybe he too had one of those faces. “I’m fine,” he said, with a wave of his bandaged hand. “I’m sorry. I should have been looking where I was going,” he continued, stepping sideways away from her, creating some distance. “I’m actually leaving, so… I hope you have a good evening. I’m sorry!

Now he just hoped to make an actual escape.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Katherine of Andorin
IC Posts : 53
Katherine of Andorin
He was sunshine I was midnight rain. He wanted it comfortable I wanted that pain. He wanted a bride, I was making my own name. He stayed the same, all of me changed like midnight
What on earth was her little brother doing at an event in Sanctum City? Had she somehow missed that Philip ought to visit her? She didn't think so, Katherine tended to never miss anything these days. What was it then? An odd mirage?

The answer, it turned out, was a very simple 'yes'. A closer look at the man in front of her told her he had little of the finesse the Prince of Andorin possessed, nor the decorum. Instead he was a strange soul that happened to carry the same striking eyes she did, as well as the cool-toned hair. Uncommon, but not.. No, just very, very odd.

As the young man continued to throw words her way she forced herself to relax a little. "That's quite alright." She said. Wether it was to him not knowing a Philip or bumping into hear remained unclear. He told her he was leaving, making her nod. She could recognize a person wanting to make a swift getaway, she wished she could do the same. Yet for a moment, a question lingered on her lips and she quickly bridged the distance between them. "I didn't catch your name? There was a certain urge in her eyes that made the question seem more like silent demand. Her fingers softly took a hold of his wrist. Just briefly, long enough for him to tell her who he was, before he could disappear into nothingness again.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kath, Princess
Birthday: October 1, 2000
Sexuality: Straight (jk)
Ruìsāng Sū

The moment her fingers closed around his wrist, Ruìsāng's eyes widened, and his entire body tensed, resisting the instinct to retaliate, to shove her away and demand she never lay hands on him again. A flicker of fiery defiance burned visibly in his eyes, fixated on her like a predator sizing up its prey.

I didn’t catch your name?

Was she planning to report him for trespassing? Ruìsāng darted a quick glance around, and he hesitated, lips parting as if to speak, only to snap shut like a Feebas stranded on dry land. He could manage this. A lie, a swift exit, and he'd be free.

The fire in his gaze flickered out as he offered a name, seemingly plucked at random from the recesses of his mind. “Vince.

With that, he pulled his hand from her grip, striding purposefully toward the door. A successful escape… for the most part.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content