Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

bitter mistakes

2 posters
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981
Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????

His cheek and jaw throbbed, a painful reminder of the fight. The skin on his cheek was inflamed and tender, displaying a darkening bruise that spread across his skin. The impact on his jaw had left a similar bruise, slightly swollen and painful to the touch.

Despite his longing to conceal the marks left by the bitch, he knew it would be stupid. The last thing he needed was to further irritate his already sensitive skin. So, he decided to call in sick to work for a few days and ventured out to get a cup of coffee. The morning was still young as he stepped into a familiar café he had visited on occasion. Running a hand through his messy, blonde hair, he managed a weak smile for the girl behind the counter.

Give me your best blend, please,” he casually ordered, stifling a yawn behind his hand.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 589
Djodie Archeron

Tuesday morning was often the quietest of the week. This gave Djodie enough time to fully clean the café, something she knew wouldn't have the motivation for at the end of the day. Duster lay asleep on his pillow at the corner of the counter, opening one eye whenever he heared the door open.

The bell above the door rang and a man walked in. He gave her a weak smile and Djodie walked over tot he counter, wachting him. There was a bruise on his cheek which he didn't bother to hide. Hmm, curious.
Djodie answered his smile as he asked for the best blend she had.
"My best blend..." her eyes became distant for a few seconda, thinking her options. She nodded. "Okay, coming right up!" She pourer milk into the steamer and pushed the button.
"Had a rough day?" She asked him, nodding to his bruise. With the milk done, she poured a small amount of espresso in a cup, the milk over it en topped it of with a caramelsauce. She placed the cup in front of the boy.
"There you go, a Caramel Latte," she held her head a bit to the side. "I could add wipped cream if you'd like?"

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Ruìsāng Sū

The girl was undeniably cute, Ruìsāng conceded. He watched as she carefully considered her options, his curiosity piqued until she settled on a choice. Well, he hoped it would live up to his expectations; the only thing capable of further dampening his day would be subpar coffee.

Typically, Ruìsāng was adept at concealing his troubles with a smile, but today, he felt like he'd just emerged from the depths of hell, and he couldn't deny it. “Tough week,” he admitted, his jaw clenched, wincing at the pain that shot through him.

A caramel latte. He blinked in surprise. Normally, he was a 'dark coffee from a strong roast' kind of guy, but he had asked her for her best. When she inquired about adding whipped cream, he quickly shook his head—another wince. He should've killed her.

No, thank you. I think this is sweet enough for me,” he smiled, though it was strained. “You wouldn’t happen to have an ice pack or something for this?” he added, gesturing toward the battleground on his cheek and jaw. Might as well try to numb the pain while he enjoyed his coffee.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron
Djodie Archeron

Rough week. Djodie glanced her eyes over him and couldn't help but smile. He looked like a troublemaker. When she placed the coffee cup in front of him, she noticed the exact reaction on his face that she'd hoped for. Not a sweettooth.
She smiled. "A 'best blend' really depends on the person, doesn't it?" She let out a quiet laugh, took the cup back and replaced it with the other one that she'd prepared alongside the latte.
"Double espresso, dark roasted coffee beans from the 'something' forest." She pushed the cup in his direction, when he asked for ice. For his jaw.
Djodie nodded and opened the freezer. She took one of the ice packs and wrapped it in a towel.
When she handed it over she couldn't help but ask. "What happened? Bad guy beated you up?"

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng wasn’t a sweet tooth, which was often surprising to people, considering his looks. Perhaps it was less surprising now that he sported a delinquent look, bruises and all, but typically, strangers assumed he was the type to enjoy indulging in sugary treats. How wrong they were. Nevertheless, he decided to give the latte a chance; after all, it might be surprisingly good. Sometimes, it was worth it to step outside one’s comfort zone.

But before he could even take a sip, the girl swiftly swapped the latte for a dark roast, apparently already anticipating his preferences. Ruìsāng offered her a smile in appreciation and took a deep breath, savouring the rich aroma. Ah, that was more like it. He let the coffee cool off slightly, patiently waiting as she retrieved an ice pack for his injuries.

Thank you. Though, not a guy, exactly,” he admitted. He winced as he pressed the ice pack against his bruised cheek, feeling the immediate relief from the cool sensation. “She hit me first,” he quickly explained to the girl. “And it was quite a blow, too,” he added, his lips forming a slight pout. He continued holding the ice pack, appreciating the soothing effect it had. “Didn’t expect her to actually go through with it, but you live and learn, right?” Or maybe he wouldn’t learn. Perhaps he should have tossed her off that roof top when he had the chance.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron
Djodie Archeron

He thanked her as she handed over the ice pack. The next sentence made her raise an eyebrow. "A girl beat you up?" She asked with a sarcastic undertone. Her face still friendly.
"She hit first," he rapidly answered. Followed with that it was quite the blow too. Djodie couldn't help but laugh a little.
"A girl díd beat you up. You sertainly don't look that way." At the same time she quickly wiped down the coffee machine. It would stain like a bugger, and it always seemed to help the flow of the conversation. Despite her profession, Djodie wouldn't call herself social. In her work environment she made small talk easily, but in her freetime she mostly preferred solitude.

He continued that he didn't expect the blow from the girl. Sounded like there was some story behind it.
"I sertainly hope so..." she answered him, immediatly forcing her thoughts to a stop. No, not now. Not ever.
"What caused her to deliver a hit like that?"

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

A girl beat him up. Now, that was insulting. Ruìsāng wasn't exactly built like a bodybuilder, and with his height of 174 centimetres, there were only a few centimetres between them. He explained that she had hit first, and the girl actually had the audacity to state—again—that a girl had beaten him up.

She hit me. Doesn’t mean she won,” he let out with a sigh. He couldn't exactly go around announcing that he'd looked a whole lot worse in his time and that he was far too experienced in fighting to be losing to anyone. Girls, however, could pack some nasty punches. Bitches always went for his face.

What caused the girl to hit him? Ruìsāng let go of a sigh. “My Mawile lashed out to her Pokémon and she threw herself between. I told her she was crazy for risking her life like that, while I have my Pokémon under full control. She wasn’t having it,” he explained with a wave of his hand. He decided to finally sit down and took a sip from his coffee. “So things… escalated and she punched me, so I punched her back.” He'd never hit a girl first, but if they punched his face, they could expect one back.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron
Djodie Archeron

Shit. She'd offended him. Djodie could notice from the look on his face.
"I - I'm sorry, I didnt't mean to offend you." Some people could easily hear through her sarcasm, and other needed a bit more time with her. She did, however, mean no harm.

He began to tell what happened. His pokemon had lashed out and the girl had put herself in between. Not the most thought trough thing to do, but Djodie could understand. She decided to keep that thought to herself. She had no readon to offend him any further then she already had.
"Maybe she was just worried. Still don't seem like a reason to punch you. Is your Mawile okay?" The community had come along way from Pokémon battles to just living amongside them. As friends. For most of the community anyway.
Djodie had heared of some.... underground business. Dark stuff.

The doorbell rang, and a blue haired girl walked in. She walked to the counter and Djodie shifted her attention towards her.
"Hi, what can I get you?" The girl looked at her with one eyebrow pulled up. Djodie smiled, she was a regular. She quickly poured another Caramel Latte, added whipped cream on top and handed it to her.
"Thank you dear." And with that she was on her way. This was a daily ritual for them, but lately it ledt Djodie with an... odd feeling, she couldn't really place. But on the other hand, she tried not to pay too much attention to it.

The man had now sit down and drank his coffee. "Can I get you anything else? Have you eaten yet?" Maybe Djodie was a little too concerned of her costumers sometimes.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

The girl expressed that she hadn't meant to offend him, and Ruìsāng responded with a half-smile. “You did not,” he assured her. It was such a weird thing for people to think women couldn’t hit back. Worse, because he still somewhere felt he shouldn’t. But that one hadn’t given him a slap, she’d full on punched him in the face. He would not let that go.

The redhead asked if his Mawile was okay, claiming the girl might have just been worried. “Worries could have gotten her killed. My Mawile is fine, Lìeyàn is strong enough to fend for herself,” he smiled. If anything, Lìeyàn could have done a lot of damage. Despite the girl’s Pokémon being in the advantage type-wise, she wouldn’t have stood a chance.

A blue-haired girl walked in and Ruìsāng carefully followed them with his gaze as he sipped his coffee, watching the interaction. He heard the redhead ask a question again when the guest left the establishment, causing him to raise a brow. “She seemed sweet enough. Why do you look like she pissed in your coffee?” he asked.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron
Djodie Archeron

The boy explained that his Pokémon was fine. Djodie nodded, understanding.
"That's good to hear," she started. "I believe most Mawile are pretty strong Pokémon? Easily stand their ground? Don't know much about them to be honest, I am more of a cute-type girl I guess." One of her not so good habits? Rambling on and on when she grew nervous.

When the blue haired girl walked in, Djodie was to occupied with her to notice that the boy followed their conversation. When she left the shop, Djodie asked him if he wanted to eat anything, but was faced with a whole other question in return.
Think. "I - She." Answer, with words. "She didn't -"
It was like a bomb of thought exploded inside Djodie's head. Causing her to lose control over her speech and left her unable to form sentences.
"Yes," the word came out in somewhat of a snap. Djodie took a breath and reclaimed her control again. "She is very sweet. And she did no such thing as to piss in my coffee." Besides she didn't look that way. Djodie didn't understand why the boy would say such a thing.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

The girl commented on the strength of Mawile, labeling them as pretty formidable Pokémon, before casually mentioning that she was more of a cute type. Ruìsāng arched an eyebrow. “And you’re saying a Mawile isn’t cute?” he wondered. “Careful now. If she hears you’ve said that, you’ll see how she stands her ground,” he snickered.

After the customer departed, the atmosphere took a peculiar turn. Ruìsāng scrutinized the redhead, his gaze narrowing as he assessed her. She had referred to the guest as sweet, followed by the assurance that the coffee remained untainted by any unwanted ingredients. Ruìsāng hummed thoughtfully.

So why did you look at her as if she did?” he asked. “You’re going to scare away paying customers that way.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron
Djodie Archeron

Djodie sarcastically - but nicely - raised her own eyebrow while she answered. "I didn't say that. I think they're cute, but just in a... I don't know. They're cute but also pretty strong and all. It is a little bit misleading to me, I guess."
The boy continued that, if the Pokémon could hear her now, Djodie would see how she stands her ground. The girl laughed softly.
"Of that I'm sure. You're welcome to let her out, just so you know."

After the regular girl left, Djodie could feel the boys eyes on her.
"I did not look at her like that." She clenched her jaw. "It's just, I don't know. We were friends but I guess we grew apart a bit." Djodie started folding a towel.
"It's not how I treat every customer, ofcourse. 'Cause you are right, I would scare them off." She placed the folded towel in the cabinet.
"But I didn't scare you off yet so I guess I am not so bad." She smiled. "It's difficult, that's all."

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

The redhead commented on Mawiles, calling them both cute and strong, deeming it misleading. Ruìsāng arched an eyebrow at her words, his expression turning thoughtful. However, he quickly furrowed his brows when she suggested he could let her out. “What? Assuming I have her with me?” e asked with feigned innocence, well aware that carrying Pokéballs openly was generally frowned upon. “And no. She’s not nice to strangers, I’m afraid,” he added. So, despite actually having her with him, he would not let her out of the ball.

Sipping his coffee, Ruìsāng listened as the girl delved into a detailed narrative about the mysterious girl. Despite not even knowing one another’s names, there was a surplus of information, but Ruìsāng enjoyed gossip and was more than willing to indulge in it.

So you want to get into her pants? Arceus, you need to learn how to flirt, then.” Ruìsāng remarked with his usual lack of subtlety, leaning back and grinning at the girl.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron
Djodie Archeron

Djodie noticed him arching an eyebrow when she called the Mawiles misleading. Then he seemed a bit offended when she assumed he had the Pokémon with him. Djodie shook her head, knowing that some people indeed didn't carry their Pokémon in a ball with them. However, a large number still did.
But besides that he explained that she wasn't so nice to strangers.
"Fair enough. My name is Djodie, by the way." By now it felt a bit weird not to introduce herself.

Djodie was lucky she didn't have a glass in her hand when he fired his words to her. Get into her pants? Was he out of his mind?
"I -" Excuse me? The boy leaned back into the chair, grinning at her. Djodie felt the blood rushing to her cheeks.
"That is not what I said..." A small voice knocked inside her head but is it what you meant? Defensively she pushed the thought away. This was nonsense. Djodie had no intention of getting into the girls pants or whatever had anything to do with it.
"I have no intentions of that. Besides, she has a boyfriend." After finishing the sentence, she realised that her choice of words was awfull.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content