Memberlist
Accountswitch

Róng Yù
IC Posts : 7
Róng Yù
they were the first thing you saw when you looked at him
Bright, blue eyes. How remarkable
the colour of them

Rong exhaled in exasperation, resting his face in his hands as he sat alone in the lab. His fatigue was becoming increasingly evident, to the extent that he was unable to continue his experiments any longer. He was on the brink of attaining a crucial breakthrough but was compelled to halt the proceedings, allowing rest to seep into the depths of his senses and take him under its wing. Resolving to resume his work on the morrow, he cleaned up his work area and departed for his abode, passing through the largely vacant facility with only the pale glow of flickering lights to accompany him.

As Rong navigated towards the break room to get himself a cup of coffee before he would call it a day and go home, he made an astonishing discovery. He was not the only one present in the facility; Yexin, a fellow researcher, also occupied the same space at this time. Rong had been under the impression that the laboratory was empty. Out of curiosity for why the individual was still here, he approached his colleague, intending to engage in a brief conversation with him.

"I thought I was the only where here." He said, his voice without any emotion but clear as day. "Seems like I was wrong." he stepped closer, trying to get a look at what Yexin was working on. "Want some coffee? I was on my way to grab a cup myself anyway."

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Birthday: June 28
Sexuality: Bisexual
Yèxīn Xuān
IC Posts : 54
Yèxīn Xuān

Yèxīn often wondered if it was good or bad, to have people this dedicated to their… study. He sensed an undercurrent of something more beneath the surface, but it hardly concerned him. His presence here was coerced by the weight of his criminal record, limiting his choices. At least, he could delve into research aligned with his passion.

But, the problem with multiple people being this dedicated… was the lingering presence of someone long after others had left for the day. Yèxīn often came in late, on purpose, to work late, sparing himself from the disruptive presence of Numbers as he typed away on his laptop.

Beside his typing fingers, a forgotten sandwich remained, ignored until a voice pulled him from his thoughts. It took a moment for the words to register.

I thought the same,” he answered. He first intended to let that be the gist of their conversation, but… coffee would be nice. “Yes, please. Black,” he answered. Good. Though, he didn’t want to be considered rude again. He pressed his lips in a tight line, narrowed his eyes and looked up.

Not going home yet?

There. Social interaction accomplished.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Xin
Birthday: May 15, 1996
Róng Yù
IC Posts : 7
Róng Yù
they were the first thing you saw when you looked at him
Bright, blue eyes. How remarkable
the colour of them

Rong Yu glanced closely at his coworker's computer monitor, noticing that the man was just typing away at some document or another without much apparent interest. Rong Yu relaxed his position from the original tense and stiffly-held stance, as his attention drifted to the rest of the office. It seemed that his colleague shared his belief that they were the only ones working so late. A soft hum escaped from Rong Yu's lips as he considered the fact that they had both been mistaken in their assessment.

Rong Yu offered his coworker a cup of coffee, to which the man agreed, requesting black coffee specifically. Normally, Rong Yu wasn't the type of person to offer others drinks or wait on them. Rather, he believed that if people wanted something, they should get it themselves. Perhaps it was just a consequence of fatigue but he felt much more...amiable than usual. "Black it is." he said with a nod. His voice is still devoid of emotion, just as before. Rong yu met Yexins narrow eyes for a moment before turning his head to the side. "I intend to go home after I've had some coffee." It was always something he did, needing the little extra caffeine to give him the energy he needed to make the journey home. And in colder months, the brief warmth of the coffee was a welcome addition prior to venturing back into the icy night air.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Birthday: June 28
Sponsored content