Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

we're not who we were

2 posters
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981
Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
Ruìsāng awoke with a reluctance that clung to his bones, the morning sun's rays piercing through the curtains to highlight a reality he wasn't eager to face. The remnants of the night's horrors still clung to him, shadows that danced just out of sight, leaving him yearning for Vince's return. In Vince's absence, the silence became a cacophony of whispers and phantoms, leaving Ruìsāng desperate for the comfort of his presence.

Dragging himself into the living room, he caught sight of the void left by his mother's absence. It wasn't her he missed but the semblance of life her presence had offered. Now, the silence was an enemy, amplifying the echoes of his own thoughts. Each step he took felt heavy, a journey made from necessity rather than volition.

Outside, the world buzzed with life—carts rattling, voices blending into a distant hum—each sound a sharp hook that seemed to tug at the fringes of his being. The glances of passersby felt piercing, as if they recognized something inherently flawed within him.

Stop it,” he murmured, a plea whispered to the void, to the persisting darkness, to the faceless figure that seemed to mock him from the mirror of his mind.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Katherine of Andorin
IC Posts : 53

Katherine of Andorin
He was sunshine I was midnight rain. He wanted it comfortable I wanted that pain. He wanted a bride, I was making my own name. He stayed the same, all of me changed like midnight
It had been an absolutely awful idea to go to a supermarket, Katherine now realised. It was as if chaos had been unleashed in the form of a tornado as soon as the princess had entered the establishment. Every single one of her senses was overstimulated as she had looked at the tableau unfolding in front of her. There were people rushing around everywhere, and on top of that, they were pushing these dangerous vehicles called 'shopping carts'. She had merely escaped death by avoiding a collision with one of the metal contraptions. Why did people do this on a regular basis?

To make matters worse, she had not only lost her guards but Huàling too about five minutes into their dangerous trip. She had gotten distracted by a siren call made by some supermarket worker promoting their latest cheese, only to find her companions gone when she had decided not to eat the cheese cube. Now the Crown Princess of Andorin was aimlessly wandering about the seemingly endless aisles of crisps and soft drinks. Why were there so many options anyway?

Tragedy struck again once she had entered the section of the store that seemed to be 'on clearance'. There were twice the people, and each of them was pulling products off the shelves in a disorderly manner. Had none of these people heard about queuing? With a horrid look on her face, she tried to wane her way through the endless sea. But she could not see anything beyond the bright signs of percentages off a prodcut.

Two of the murder machines clashed together and made her jump aside in pure fright. Right in front of... "Vince?" She asked. Her face displayed utter fright at her current situation. Katherine was sure she would not set foot out of this labyrinth of death and discounts alive.

we're not who we were 6UxgawG

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kath, Princess
Birthday: October 1, 2000
Sexuality: Straight (jk)
Ruìsāng Sū

A single name pierced the fog that Ruìsāng found himself enveloped in, snapping him back to the present. He momentarily shook his head, as if to clear the invasive whispers that the deity relentlessly pressed into his consciousness. Stubbornly, he resisted its siren call, determined not to succumb to its demands. For a moment, it had overpowered him, drawing his mind into its dark embrace.

Yet, as he regained his bearings, surprise took hold. His gaze swept the room before settling on a woman whose features didn't immediately register in his memory. “Sorry? Vince isn't here,” he responded, his voice tinged with confusion. The connection between them—a mutual acquaintance with Vince, perhaps—eluded him. Had Vince, maybe, shared a photo of him with her? The thought lingered, a question mark hanging in the air.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Katherine of Andorin

Katherine of Andorin
He was sunshine I was midnight rain. He wanted it comfortable I wanted that pain. He wanted a bride, I was making my own name. He stayed the same, all of me changed like midnight
Finally, she was saved! Even though she did not know the man in front of her at all, she figured she could still ask him for help. She had only spoken to Vincze once, at a charity event that felt like eons ago by this point, but she remembered him well enough. Katherine tended to remember anything about a person quite well, after all, that was what being lock- No time to dwell on her past. She had to get out of here.

When the man told her that Vincze wasn't, in fact, here, she felt like her world would crumble. "But," she stammered, something that did not tend to happen often. She briefly looked around, possibly to spot a twin or something as coincidental as that. "But, good sir, are you not Vincze?" She asked him in utter confusion. "You told me so yourself." She explained without really saying anything, like Andorians tended to do. But she was certain he was Vincze, he had told her so herself, and she never forgot a name.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Me?” Ruìsāng echoed, his voice trailing off as he processed the woman's words, her mention of the name Vince clouding his expression with confusion—until understanding hit him like a cold wave. The only place they could have crossed paths, the memories of that extravagant gathering creeping back, where the air was thick with the opulence of the wealthy, and he had stumbled upon royalty. In his haste to escape an awkward encounter, he'd spun a hasty web of lies.

Fuck.

Ah…” A sheepish grin spread across his face, an awkward attempt to brush off the slip. “I... yeah. Sorry. Slipped my mind,” he stumbled through another excuse, immediately recognizing the absurdity of forgetting one's own name. “I didn’t mean to trouble you. Have a great day,” he offered quickly, more of a retreat than a farewell, as he turned to leave, hoping to put distance between him and the reminder of his hastily constructed falsehoods.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Katherine of Andorin

Katherine of Andorin
Who was this strange man who looked eerily similar to her brother, if he was not Philip and also not Vincze? He could not be a stranger who happened to look like either one of them, because Katherine remembered the peculiar conversation she'd had with him once. Still, he seemed rather unsure of his own name. "Yes, you." She confirmed, as if to help him remember who he told her he was.

In the back of her head, she was hearing alarm bells go off. It did not seem likely that one would forget their own name. Then again, while this man was clearly trying to get out of here, she needed his help. Otherwise, she feared that she would never see the light of day again and perish in the aisle of this horrid place. "Actually," she said, loud enough for him to hear even if he pretended he could not. "I need your help." She spoke. "I do not know how to get out of this maze, and I seem to constantly end up in the sauce aisle. I do not even like ketchup." An look of utter horror and confusion was displayed on her face. Why on earth did people need as large of a sauce selection anyway? "Please help me to the exit." She pleaded with a look on her face that many men would find hard to refuse. Of course, Katherine did not know that this would by no means work on him.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

As Ruìsāng attempted to make his escape, the woman's voice anchored him in place once more. Glancing over his shoulder, his red eyes met hers, attentive to her plea for assistance in navigating her way out of the supermarket. A faint smile crossed his lips as he faced her again.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I am not the person you’re looking for. However, there are plenty of people here more than willing to lend a hand. I’m not one of them,” he expressed, his bow conveying respect even as he declined her request.

With a turn of his heel, he resumed his departure, comforted by the thought that her situation, while inconvenient, was far from dire. After all, ketchup was hardly a matter of life or death.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Katherine of Andorin

Katherine of Andorin
Where was honour? Where was sacrifice? Had chivalry truly died? Oh it was absolutely awful. Katherine had not thought her time here to be quite so confrontational, at least not when it came to basic civil matters like manners.

The princess wished to say that she did not care for other helpers, as she had chosen to ask him, but no words left her mouth. She just nodded at his sentiments and bit her tongue, like any good Andorian would in this situation. It was simply polite not to push the issue any further. "Perfectly understandable." She muttered. "Until we meet again Vincze!" She told him as she gave him one of her perfect waves. As he walked away she wondered how on earth she would get out of here. But in an admirable effort she straightened her back and took a deep breath. She just had to keep calm and carry on, preferably without getting hit by one of those extremely dangerous shopping carts.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content