Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Out in the open

3 posters
Lucina Roth
IC Posts : 617
Lucina RothEnhanced Affinity
She nodded when Ming asked whether the clothes were good, but then remembered he wouldn't be able to tell. "They're fine, thank you." They were a whole lot better than nothing after all and she was grafeful for it. Even if he said that she didn't need to repay him, she would when she could. This was hopefully something she wouldn't forget.
He told her that they were in the northern part of the city, in Silverton Square. It was something to remember, maybe it was an answer she could give when someone asked her where she lived next time. Still, it didn't help her current predicament. She still had no idea what to answer beside what she had already said and she knew he wasn't going to let her stay. She didn't expect that of him either, he had already given her more than she could have asked from him. "I really don't have more I can tell you." There wasn't anything more that she remembered. Her name was the only thing she remembered and she knew it must seem strange. A naked girl who wanders around, not remembering anything. It would seem strange to anyone.
Míngzé xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Luci
Birthday: ???
Sexuality: Still figuring it out
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé had really hoped that she would have been able to tell him anything. That way it would be a lot easier to decide what to do next. But there was nothing. With his brows knitted he looked at her, repeating her answer in his head.

“Are uh— are you hurt anywhere?” He did not want to ask those questions, but he had no other option. Lányù was right, it was important to know if she might have any bruising. These questions however made him feel uncomfortable and he desperately hoped the answer was no.

“I don’t really know how much more I can do for you,” Míngzé confessed. For now she could stay here, but he did not feel comfortable letting her stay. All he wanted was for her to be well and the cops could definitely help with that. They might be able to determine who she is and give her the help she needs.

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Lucina Roth
She could almost tell that Ming was in conflict about this whole situation, she would probably be too if the roles were reversed, but that wasn't the case. He asked her if she was hurt and for a moment she thought what was best to answer here. Yes, she had some cuts and bruises from when she fell down in the marshes, but most of the pain had already passed and it would heal itself in time. So it wasn't something he should worry himself about. "Just some cuts and bruises from when I fell down, but they will heal themselves." She hoped that was enough to convince him. There was nothing more about it than the fact that she had just fallen down. While being chased, but that was something she wasn't going to tell.
He told her he couldn't do anything more for her and she didn't expect him to, he had already done more than enough. "I don't expect more from you. You have already done more than enough." She assured him. "I will take my leave then." She told him. She didn't want to be more of a burden to him. So it was better if she left. She at least had clothes now, so that was one step further than she had been before. She would just find a place outside to sleep, probably somewhere she could stay dry and where there wouldn't be much wind.
Míngzé xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Her answer only worried him more, especially after his brief conversation with Lanyu. So she had some cuts and was bruised. Even though she told him it was because she'd fallen, there was no saying if she was telling the truth. Mingze gritted his teeth and nodded once. What if the bruises were worse than she made them out to be? "Do they need medical attention?" he decided to ask her, keeping his gaze lingering on her. How easy it would be for her to lie, and all he could really do was accept her answer.

The moment she told him she would leave, he straightend his back and looked at her in surprise. Had he said something worng? Did his questions go too far? Mingze was lost for words. It would be wrong to sent someone like her away.

"Where will you go?" Previously she'd told him there was nowhere she could go to, but perhaps that had been a lie already. There really was no telling if all she said was true. "It's probably best if I call the cops or maybe an ambulance? They can help you better than I can," Mingze told her. If she indeed fell earlier, maybe that was why she was acting so strangly.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth
Somehow she had known her words would worry him, but it wasn't like she was hurt that badly and it was kind of her own fault for falling down while running away from whatever that had been. "No, I don't think that is needed." She wasn't going to mention that she hadn't even taken a moment to rinse the cuts yet, since then she might be forced to stay here longer. She really didn't want to burden him any longer.
Ming seemed surpised by her telling him that she would leave. Clearly he didn't understand that she didn't want to burden him any longer, not when he clearly didn't seem to be able to decide what to do with her. So she would make it easy for him. Of course he asked where she would go, that wasn't a surprise. She just hadn't really an answer for him. "I will figure something out." She had no idea what, but there should be options. Suddenly he was talking about cops and an ambulance. She could guess what kind of things those were, but she didn't want to get involved with them. They wouldn't be able to help her anyway and she needed her freedom to figure this out. "No I don't need anything further than this from you. I don't want to be any more of a burden." She wasn't going to lie here. "So I think it's best if I leave." And just like she said before, she was going to figure something out. Hopefully.
Míngzé xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

It was difficult for him to trust her word on it. Nothing about any of this made any sense. But at the same time he really had no other option than to believe her. If she thought her wounds were fine, he had to take her word for it. Then again, those things were probably the least of her problems.

As he expected, she had no idea where she would go and Míngzé couldn’t help but shake his head. It was best if she left with an idea of where to go. Which is why it was a good idea to get professional help, only she did not want those either. “Are you sure?” he asked. For a moment the idea crossed his mind that she had done something wrong, which was why she did not want him to call the authorities. “There is only so much I can do, but it’s their job. I’m sure they can help you,” he urged her.

“You can stay here until they arrive.” Míngzé had nowhere he needed to be, so it was fine. “I still have some leftovers from yesterday that you can have.” Even though her whole story started to worry him more and more, he could not throw her outside just like that.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth
She was sure she didn't want to stick around, not after he told her that he was going to call something. She wasn't exactly sure what it was, but she knew it might not be something good for her. Ming couldn't see how she looked, so that might just have been her luck, but she doubted that others would treat her the same way.
The offer of food was tempting, but getting out of here would be the priority. "I'm sure," Just as he was probably sure in what he wanted to do. She stood up from the couch, turning to him. "Thank you for all that you have done, but I really can't stick around." And with those words she started to make her way over to the door. She still remembered how to get out of the building, but she didn't know how much time she had. She had her hand on the doorknob and turned it. She looked back at Ming one final time. "Really thank you and if we see each other again I will repay you." She would think of a way, but right now she knew she needed to leave.
Míngzé xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé was left speechless as she stood up. In his mind he went over everything he had said and learned, and there was only one reason he could think of that could’ve caused this reaction. Calmly he raised from the couch himself, folding his arms loosely over his chest. “Yeah, no, it’s no problem.” Except that it was. Who exactly had he invited inside his apartment? Someone who reacted like this when he offered to call the cops had something to hide. That much he knew.

His golden eyes rested on her as he could see her figure move towards the door. “Did I say something wrong?” Míngzé had to ask now that she was basically running away from him. “Is it because I want to call the cops?” WIth how she was behaving now, he would definitely call them even though they would never make it in time. They might go look for her. In this state, she could not go far after all.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth
It wasn't really something he had done or would do. It was the same for her, she had done nothing wrong for as far as she knew, but she also knew she was going to get more questions if something like the authorities from here would come. They would be able to see the black symbols, her ears, her claws, they would know she was different and who knew what would happen then?
She looked at him, for a moment keeping quiet, her hand still on the doorknob. "You haven't done anything wrong, you were the only one who helped. Even if it was because you couldn't see what the others can. But it still means I can't stay." No, she would only be a burden, even if he decided not to do anything. To not call the cops as he called them. She could understand his decision and she didn't find it strange. If only these people weren't so different from herself she might have stayed, but now it just wasn't an option. She put on a tiny smile, even though she knew he couldn't see it and opened the door. She waited for a moment, to hear whether he had something more to say, and stepped through the doorway. Now it would be a few flights of stairs down and then she would need to figure out what to do next.
Míngzé xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Flareon
IC Posts : 468
FlareonAdministrator
random
flashback

Lucina. You make your way down the stairs. The surroundings shift, and you find yourself descending a different kind of staircase—a stark contrast to reality.

Dimly lit hallways unfold, sterile and cold. Your footsteps echo, resonating in empty corridors. The walls are clinical white, and the air is heavy with the scent of disinfectant. It's a place that feels strangely familiar, yet distant, like a ghost from a forgotten past.

The memory remains elusive, a puzzle missing its pieces. Faces obscured by masks flit by, and the distant hum of machinery creates an eerie backdrop to your hurried movements. The stairs lead you further into the depths of this clinical labyrinth, a place that once held secrets, now shrouded in the haze of memory.

Symbols on your skin, like echoes from the past, tell a story. The flashback fades, leaving you standing on the stairs, a stark contrast to the sterile corridors of that enigmatic place.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Sexuality:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

While she reassured him it was not anything he had done, he could not shake off the feeling. She left too abruptly. There was something she wasn’t telling him and he could not force her if she did not want to. The frown on his face only deepend. Everything she said made no sense at all. She hinted at something, but because his own incapabilities Míngzé had no idea what it was she was referring to.

“If you want to go, go. I can hardly keep you here.” She was just a stranger he’d helped for a moment. That was it. Or maybe she had planned this all along, but when she said there was nothing of value in his apartment, she left again.

Míngzé could hear the door open and was greeted by the horrible yellow light they used in the hallways. Next thing he knew the door closed again and she was gone. He would not chase after her, but he did grab his phone to call the police anyway. They probably knew what to do about this.

[ Ming out ]

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth
She knew she wasn't going to turn back, even though it might seem like the smarter decision in Ming's eyes. She closed the door behind her, walking towards the stairs. The moment she started walking down the stairs, her surroundings changed. Suddenly the staircase was different, the whole building seemed to have changed. The walls and floors, everything had changed. There was something sterile about the dimly lit hallway. The white walls, the scent of disinfectant. It felt familiar and yet not. Like it was something that she should remember, but didn't.
Figures moved by her, masks hiding their faces. Should she know them or were they a part of this place? This, memory? She wasn't quite sure about it yet, but there was no other explanation for it. Still it wasn't enough to remember what it was, where it was or how it was related to her. It confused her, but yet made her want to know more, made her want to explore this. However just as she thought that, the flashback faded and she found herself on the stairs of the appartment building again.
For a moment she stayed where she was, trying to grasp more of the flashback, but there was nothing, just the flashback she had had just now. She took a deep breath, calming herself. She would first need to get out of here, then she could try and mull over what had happened just now.
Míngzé xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content