Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

a precious basket case

2 posters
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981

Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
In the realm of things Ruìsāng harboured an absolute disdain for, doctors took the crown. His profound aversion stemmed from the depths of his heart, mistrust casting an impenetrable shadow over anyone who dared to get too close. The act of stitching up his own wounds felt like a more dependable course than surrendering to another's touch. To him, wounds served as tangible proof of vulnerability and weakness, and he clung to that evidence as if it were a morbid badge of honour.

Yet, he found himself crossing the threshold of a clinic, a place he’d typically avoid. Echoes of Vince’s morphine offer resonated in his mind. The constant ache in his hand served as a nagging reminder that something needed addressing. The once-mangled hand, now adorned with uneven scabs over raw, crimson flesh, exhibited proof of a tumultuous healing process. Its irregular healing resulted in wounds that persistently reopened and suffered disruption. The hand remained slightly swollen, its mobility severely restricted.

Long story short, he needed someone to take a proper look at it. Two weeks ago, it had been torn and mangled, bleeding despite every attempt to stop it. Now, it healed, but if he didn’t visit a doctor, he assumed it’d get infected.

Despite the inward turmoil, Ruìsāng found himself reluctantly within the clinic, where the air hung heavy with the scent of antiseptic. He took a moment to cast a wary glance around before raising his bandaged hand, revealing subtle bloodstains beneath the cloth. In this silent plea, in a space known not to ask questions, he admitted:

I need help.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Lamar Sault
IC Posts : 436

Lamar SaultAttuned Affinity
More often than not people just walked into the clinic needing help instead of having made an appointment. He didn't mind, it was mostly a case of emergency then or people who didn't want to tell what had happened. He had just finished with a client when he noticed a young man walking inside, his right hand was clearly bandaged. The moment the man put up his hand he could see the bloodstains through the bandages. There was clearly something underneath there that hadn't healed yet. He walked over to the man looking one more time from the hand to the man himself. "Welcome, I will be your doctor for today. Lamar Sault's my name." He told the man, introducing himself, so it would be easier to speak to him. "Could you follow me to the consultation room?" He didn't really wait for an answer before turning around.
If the man wanted help he would follow after all. He walked to one of the rooms and opened the door. Letting the man go inside first and following suit, closing the door behind him. Inside there was a L shaped desk, with two chairs on one side and one on the other with a pc on the part where there were no chairs. Beside that there was an examination table and opposite a screen where someone could change behind if needed. He motioned for the man to sit down and sat down himself on the other side. "Like I told you before, I am going to be your doctor for today. I am assuming you're here for your hand? Or is there something else we need to take a look at too?" Better to know it from the start than to find out later after all.
ruìsāng sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Mar, Mary
Birthday: 15/06
Sexuality: Bisexual
Ruìsāng Sū

The man introduced himself as Lamar Sault, claiming the role of his doctor. Ruìsāng's response was a slow nod, his bloodshot eyes lingering intently on the man as he turned to leave. A moment of hesitation gripped Ruìsāng before he found his feet shuffling behind the doctor. His relationship with doctors had always been a deep-seated aversion, their probing questions like daggers into his skin. Yet, the relentless agony in his hand was a call he could no longer ignore. Surrendering to the need for aid, he followed.

In the sterile room, he sank into the chair, an unspoken obedience to an unsaid command. His gaze dropped to his lap, almost in resignation, when Lamar assumed the issue was with his hand. A silent, resigned nod was his only reply. “Just the hand,” he murmured, extending it across the table, its mangled state obscured by layers of makeshift bandages. More swathes of cloth wound tightly around his chest remained a secret. But his hand, consisting of torn flesh and agony, he could concede to the doctor’s scrutiny.

I got into… an accident. With something sharp. Now it’s… bad,” he vaguely explained. “I don’t think— I don’t think it’s getting better.” Not enough, at least.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault
IC Posts : 436

Lamar SaultAttuned Affinity
Just the hand, that was clear enough. If that was the only thing the other wanted him to look at, then that was fine. He had had enough people who wanted to only have something specific treated while there might be more, but it seemed for now that the hand was the most serieus. Especially when the other started to explain things and said that it was bad.

He carefully started to remove the bandages, making sure not to hurt the other too much while doing so, but seeing as how the blood had even gone through the bandage, it would most likely be a little painful. "This can hurt a bit." He warned while taking off the last of the bandages. Now he could take a good look at the hand and he knew it was bad the moment he saw it. It wasn't surprising that it wasn't getting any better when you just treated this with some bandages. He would need to start with cleaning all this and then he would need to know how the movement of the hand still was before he could decide what to do next. "I will need to clean this first, if that is alright with you?" He told the man. "How is the movement? Any problems with that?" He followed up.
ruìsāng sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Mar, Mary
Birthday: 15/06
Sexuality: Bisexual
Ruìsāng Sū

Luckily, Ruìsāng was no stranger to pain, and he faced it with a stoic resolve as the bandages were unwound. His expression remained unflinching. He gazed ahead, enduring the discomfort in silence while the medic navigated through the layers of bandages, stained in a stark contrast of white and red.

The medic's voice broke the silence, inquiring about the necessity of cleaning the wound, followed by a question regarding its mobility. Ruìsāng responded with a slight shake of his head. “I can move it a little, but it hurts,” he confessed. An attempt to clench his fist was short-lived, a wince betraying the pain, compelling him to relent and leave the hand open.

To the earlier question, Ruìsāng gave a nod of assent. “Sure,” he acquiesced, his tone reflecting an inner resignation.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content