Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

i do adore

2 posters
Kieran Merlotte
IC Posts : 171

Kieran Merlotte
Before the accident, Kieran had harboured a deep fondness for winter's charm. The cosy ambiance of a crackling fire, enveloped in soft blankets with a steaming cup of chocolate milk in hand, and soothing music in the background, was his idea of bliss. He'd often playfully invite his brother, a friend, or even his parents to share his blanket, revelling in a communal warmth that the summer sun could never replicate.

However, now winter brought a starkly different experience. The cold seemed to seep into his bones, causing his joints and muscles to ache with a persistent, throbbing pain, as if each chill was undoing the progress he had made in his recovery. Today, the biting air was particularly harsh, compelling him to rely on his cane for support as he navigated the city streets. Despite his resolve to venture outside daily, the temptation to remain cocooned at home grew stronger with each frosty morning.

Yet, Kieran persevered, pushing through the discomfort until he reached the haven of a nearby coffee shop. The brief ten-minute walk was a triumph in his eyes. Leaning his cane against the counter, he rubbed his hands together, breathing in the warm air, and greeted the barista with a weary but genuine smile.  “Hi! What do you recommend? It is cold and I want to warm up. Something with chocolate, maybe? Or caramel?” he asked, his voice tinged with hopeful anticipation.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kier
Birthday: Sept 2
Sexuality: Gay
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 589

Djodie Archeron

It was good for her to be back at work again. Around people, her regular costumers, everything. It brought her joy that she hadn't been aware of earlier. And she was glad it did. Duster had curled himself up on a pillow in one of the corners, occassionally opening one eye if Djodie became quiet, to see if everything was still allright.

When the bell rang, Djodie looked up as she didn't recognise the face. The boy appeared young, holding himself standing by a cane. Movements harsh, probably from the cold. She answered his smile as she listened to what he wanted.
"Sure thing! Would you like a chocolate and caramel mix? I can make you a hot chocolate, with caramel syrup swirrled in the cup, with whipped cream?" She was a sweettooth herself, so this was right up Djodie's alley. The red headed girl picked up a cup in preparation as she awaited the boy's answer.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
The barista’s warmth and approachability immediately put Kieran at ease, dissolving some of the chill that clung to him. He rubbed his hands together briskly, a brief gesture to chase away the cold, before tucking them into the refuge of his pockets. His cane rested against the counter. His lips pressed together thoughtfully, considering his options, but it seemed the barista was already a step ahead.

Hot chocolate!

That sounds absolutely perfect, thank you!” Kieran's response was swift and enthusiastic. “There's really nothing like a good hot chocolate in the midst of December, right?” He flashed a small, appreciative grin. Extracting his hand from his pocket, he gently reclaimed his cane, mindful not to leave it behind in his newfound warmth.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Djodie send a warm smile as the boy gave in to her idea of the caramel hot chocolate. She grabbed the bottle of caramel sirup, started shaking it, then poured it into the cup with a quick wrist, causing thin strands of caramel on the sides op the cup. Perfect. She then grabbed one of the chocolate chunks in the figure a spoon, placed it onto the plate she put the cup on, and poured hot milk into the cup.
Djodie listened to his words as the realisation hit her. Midst of December... My oh my, to spend a week inside made you lose al sense of time... Good thing she had found some closure by now - right before the holidays. Or - what would you call closure? She'd forced herself not to think about it again. Simple as that.
"You are absolutely right! December just has something, don't you think? I love to cuddle up around a fire with a blanket, and a good cup of tea - or hot chocolate."

She placed the plate before the boy. "Stir the chocolate spoon through the milk, it will melt and you'll have a real fresh, hot chocolate. Please be carefull, as the milk is close to cooking temperature - I don't want you to burn yourself."
The chocolate-spoon had little marshmallows hidden inside, that would popup as the chocolate was melting into the hot milk. It gave a nice though, Djodie thought, as she grabbed the whipped cream can to top it off once it was stirred.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
As the barista set to work on the hot chocolate, she chimed in agreement with Kieran's nostalgic musings. Her own fondness for cosy fireside moments resonated with him. “Oh, you're making me homesick! The one thing I miss most about not living in an apartment is having a real fireplace,” he lamented with a playful tone. “I tried an electric one, but it just doesn’t have that authentic crackle and scent.” His affection for the ambiance of a real fire was evident.

Soon enough, a steaming cup of hot chocolate was placed before him. Kieran inhaled the rich, comforting aroma, his face lighting up with anticipation. He listened intently to her instructions for the drink, nodding in approval.

That sounds perfect, thank you,” he said, his gaze shifting between the cup and his cane, a moment of realisation dawning. “Uh, could I possibly get something to eat as well? Whatever you’d recommend. And, if you don’t mind, could you help me carry it over?” He gestured towards a table with a hint of sheepishness. “I’d hate to end up spilling everything,” he added, gesturing with the cane in hand.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

"Are you not from here?" Djodie asked, curiousity sparked by the boy's words. She knowingly shook her head as he went on. "No, that isn't it, right? But you know the ultimate fire vibe? A bonfire, for sure. There is nothing better then that, if you ask me." She smiled, as she handed over his hot chocolate.

As she noticed his gaze shifting between one object and another - it hit her.
Stupid, ignorant - The boy already asked for help, stopping her thoughts. "Ofcourse! I am so sorry, I should have noticed." She had noticed the cane as he had walked in - so why couldn't she just act on it.
She sucked at her job. Shaking of the thought - it wouldn't help her now, she quickly eyed the amound of food left. "Hmm. Would you like a panini? Or maybe someting a bit lighter, like a croissant? Or a cupcake?" Djodie waited for his answer, while she pointed at one of the booths.
"Please have a seat, I'll bring your hot chocolate and beverage over."

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
As the barista inquired about his origins, Kieran responded with a smile that held a tinge of nostalgia. “No, I moved here a few days ago. I come from Thornwick, a village more up North, near the mountains,” he shared. There was a fondness in his voice for Thornwick, a place that, despite its simplicity, had been his cherished home, and he missed it.

The conversation turned to bonfires, lighting up Kieran's eyes with excitement. “We had an enormous bonfire back home when I graduated,” he recalled, his smile broadening. “It was huge with family and friends. I have to say, it was one of the best experiences.” His expression softened, reflecting on his parents’ pride and the event, especially since he had graduated later than usual.

When the girl apologised, Kieran was quick to reassure her. “No need to apologise, really. I manage to walk fairly well for the most part,” he said. “It's just that I’m a bit unsteady at times.” He also knew the practical difficulty of balancing his cane, a hot drink, and a snack simultaneously.

Upon the suggestion of a cupcake, his face lit up with appreciation. “A cupcake sounds wonderful, thanks!” With that, he made his way to the booth. His walk was easy enough and he didn’t rely on his cane much now that he’d warmed up.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

"Ah, that seems like quite a challange to aclimate to a new environment?" Djodie knew that something like that - moving to another city - wasn't for her. She really couldn't handle change well. She smiled at his next words about the bonfire. God, when did she have an experience like that? It felt like ages ago.
Djodie wasn't the best at making friends and it could get very lonely at times. Especially these times. With the holidays coming up, everyone was stressed, ofcourse, but also Djodie had noticed a lot more families in the streets. Couples, lovers, friends.
She wondered where did she go wrong that she didn't have those kind of things.

The boy reassured her that she had nothing to apologise for, and she gave him a thankfull smile. As he asked for a cupcake Djodie nodded and watched him sit down. She placed al the items on a tray and walked over, placing it in front of him.
"If you don't mind me asking, what happened that you need a cane?" She couldn't help it, she was just too curious.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
Kieran acknowledged the barista’s observation with a nod, his smile tinged with a mix of acceptance and resolve. “It is, but change can be necessary at times,” he said. His fondness for his family and his hometown was evident, yet there was an underlying sense of needing distance. The memories of what he had lost there, especially in the wake of Noah’s passing, weighed heavily on him. Kieran felt the need to escape a place where he was constantly seen as a victim, the boy who once couldn’t even push his own wheelchair.

The conversation gently shifted to his injury. Kieran hesitated for a moment, a thoughtful look crossing his face as he stirred his hot chocolate. He was careful with his words, not seeking sympathy but open to sharing a significant chapter of his life. After all, he was proud of his recovery.

Well, I was in an accident when I was younger. I had… an incomplete spinal cord injury,” he began, his tone reflective yet composed. “I was fortunate enough that it wasn’t a complete fracture, but it’s something that likely won’t ever fully heal. That’s why I need this,” he continued, gently tapping his cane that now leaned against the table, “especially in the cold, or if I’m out for a while.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Change is nessesary. For a few seconds, the girl moved on automatic as her mind seemed to pause at those words. He was right.

As she asked him about his injury, Djodie noticed the look on his face. She stayed silent while he figured out what he wanted to tell her.
"Oh -," She didn't expect that. "That must have been hard." she listened to the rest of his story.
"I think you healed quite well, if a cane is al you need?" It was supposed to be a compliment, and Djodie prayed that it would come over as that.
Without a thought, she scribbeled her number on a piece of paper and layed it on the tray for him.
"That's my mobile number. If you need anything, just give me al call or text me, alright?" She didn't know hoe many people he already met, but she could understand that it could be overwhelming.
"For now, enjoy your hot coco. Let me now if there's something else I can do." She smiled as she returned to the counter, attention shifting to the next customer.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
Kieran responded to the girl's empathetic comment with a smile. “It's been a journey, for sure. It took á lot of time and effort to get where I am now,” he acknowledged. “Thankfully, I don't always need the cane—mainly just for longer outings or in the cold.” He shared a bittersweet sentiment about winter, a season he once relished but now found challenging due to the cold's impact on his body.

To his surprise, the girl wrote down her number and handed it to him. It was an unexpected but kind gesture. “Thanks, I appreciate it,” he said with a grateful nod, touched by her offer of help. As she returned to her duties, Kieran took out his phone to save the number. Realising he didn't know her name, he chuckled at the oversight and saved her contact as Red-head 🍎, a playful moniker for the time being.

Savouring a sip of his cocoa, he was pleasantly surprised by its deliciousness. For the moment, he decided to focus on enjoying his drink and the cosy atmosphere. He hoped there might be a chance later for more conversation with the friendly barista, perhaps to learn more about the city and make a new connection. She seemed amiable and approachable—a good person to know in a new place.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Djodie send a reassuring smile. "Well, Christmas and New Year's are just around the corner. I always think, that when that's over, it's spring before you know it." She herself was also more a summer person. Enjoying the hot weather a lot more than the freezing cold.

As she had returned to serve other customers, she now finished the order of the last girl who took place in another booth. Finished with the orders, Djodie started wiping down the counter and the coffee machine, finding it easier to clean up during breaks in costumers, than to clean everything as she closed up. And maybe she was a bit autistic and liked to keep her surroundings clean and organised.

As she finished cleaning, she made a way around the tables, asking if anyone needed anything from her.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte

As Kieran enjoyed his hot chocolate and cupcake, he browsed his phone, exploring and bookmarking various spots around the city he hoped to visit in the coming months. He observed the ebb and flow of the coffee shop's life, noting other customers coming and going, while the girl busied herself with serving them and tidying up the space.

When she eventually made her way to his table again, Kieran hesitated, not wanting to impose. “Hey— If you’re swamped, it's totally fine,” he began cautiously, as she inquired if he needed anything. “But… I was wondering if you might have any recommendations for places to check out in the city?” he ventured, suddenly self-conscious about the abruptness of his question. “It's just that you seem really friendly, and there’s so much to see here that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed,” he added quickly, a hint of anxiousness in his explanation.

Good job.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

As she got to the boy's table again, she noticed the hesitation on his face, and stood still. She put a reassuring smile on her face, waiting for him to find his words.
She laughed on his words that she was really friendly. She could use some more customers like him.
"Thank you, that's really sweet. I totally understand. There is a lot to do here, and it can get a lot." She went quiet to think for a moment. There was a lót to do within the city. Even outside the city centre. From the forest to the beach, every place had it's charms.

"I think it really depends on what you're looking for? I mean, there are multiple bars or cafe's in the city. But if you're looking for some places outside the city centre, Opaline Beach and Tranquil Hollow are really beautifull." She answered, now realising that it was winter and those places really had more chars in the mids of summer.
"But that's more of a summer -" Suddenly she remembered. "As for the winter activities, there is a Christmas market coming up! And someone told me about a bonfire at New Year's! At the Sterling Hights Apartments, if I remember correctly..." The bonfire might be perfect for him, it would be familiar and give him an opportunity to meet new people.

Something she could really use as well...

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
The shop’s redhead attendant exuded warmth and understanding, making Kieran feel immediately at ease. As she navigated through his questions, she highlighted the city’s offerings - from bustling bars and cosy cafes to the beach and the Hollow. Kieran, a native of Cerynia, but a village nestled in the mountains, was familiar with the Hollow’s enchanting floral landscape, having once been.

Her mention of a Christmas market and a bonfire instantly piqued Kieran’s interest. His ears perked up, a spark of curiosity lighting his eyes. “Oh! Is that event open to everyone? I don’t exactly live here,” he inquired, a hint of hope in his tone. “But a bonfire sounds wonderful… Are you planning to go as well?” he ventured further. The idea of attending the bonfire seemed less daunting at the thought of having a familiar face in the crowd.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Djodie smiled as she saw the expression on the boy's face. "I believe it is! I met someone a few days ago, who told me. So I would say it is." She herself had quite a difficulty, meeting new people. And this could turn out to be just what she needed.
"I am! And don't worry - I'll probably don't know anyone there as well." Implying that, if he needed to rely on her, even for a second in the crowd, she could. "My name is Djodie, by the way," realising she hadn't introduced herself yet. Given her phonenumber without her name, wonderfull.

In the back of her mind her thoughts started, Ming had been on the way to do some shopping for the bonfire. Maybe she could bake something to take with her as well. Djodie didn't like to show up empty handed. It would be a bit difficoult maybe, as she had no idea hoe many people there would be.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
Kieran listened intently as the girl shared that it was accessible to everyone. His expression, initially marked by curiosity, softened into a more relaxed smile when she mentioned her own plans to attend, especially since she, like him, didn’t know anyone there. It was comforting to know he wouldn’t be the only newcomer. Djodie's introduction brought a more personal touch to their conversation, prompting Kieran to mentally note to update her contact name in his phone.

His surprise was evident when Djodie mentioned she wasn't bringing anyone to the event. “Oh, you’re going alone?” he asked, his tone reflecting his mild astonishment. She seemed personable and outgoing, the type one would imagine would have plenty of company for such occasions. “It’s really nice to meet you, Djodie. I’m Kieran,” he responded, introducing himself in kind.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

"Oh, you're going alone?" The comment made Djodie startle for a bit. She tried to keep her composure, but the question took her by surprise.
It was a usual question to ask, it was just an awfull timing. If it was up to her, she wouldn't go there alone, but right now it seemed like she was.

"Uh, yeah. I haven't really made plans to go with someone," Djodie said, planting a smile on her face once again. This boy meant no harm to her - how could he know that it was a weak spot right now? Besides, she had heared it more, especially from costumers, because in here she had no struggle to put on a friendly, social mask. But at the bottomline, Djodie often felt that she had no one to turn to when she really needed it.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte

Kieran Merlotte
Kieransmiled softly as Djodie revealed she hadn't made plans to go with anyone. “You really should consider it. You come across as a genuinely nice person,” he suggested gently. He found it a bit surprising that someone as amiable as her didn’t have plans with others. Perhaps she hadn't had the chance to make arrangements, or maybe the decision to attend was a recent one. Whatever the case, Kieran hoped she wouldn’t spend New Year's Eve alone.

And thanks for sharing that with me. I’ll definitely think about going,” he added with a smile. He contemplated the possibility of attending, although he knew there was still a chance he might spend the day with Keoni or perhaps even have his parents visit.

Recognising that she had responsibilities to attend to, Kieran gracefully segued the conversation towards a close. “I probably shouldn’t keep you from your work any longer. Thanks again for everything,” he said.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

You really should consider it. Ah yes, she should go look for Kaye and ask her to come to the bonfire with her, that sounded like a terrific idea. Djodie smiled, both from the idea but also to keep her composure towards Kieran.
"Perhaps I will."

The boy shared he would think about going to the bonfire. "Oh come on now. No 'thinking about it', just make sure I'll see you there, okay?" It would probably be a good spot for him to meet new people as well.
He then gebtly pushed the conversation towards a close, saying she probably had more work to do - which she did.
"You don't have to thank me. It was really nice meeting you, Kieran. I'll see you around." Djodie smiled and went on with her work.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content