Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Serendipity

2 posters
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 589

Djodie Archeron

It had been... A week? Maybe longer? Djodie honestly didn't know how much time had went by since she had stepped outside. Maybe it was a bit cliché, but the girl had locked herself into her small apartment, only to go out when she absolutely needed groceries. Maybe a week had passed by, and Djodie had finally pulled herself together enough to take a bit of care for herself.

After a good, hot bath, the girl did her hair up in a bun. As she got dressed she grabbed a scarf from the closed, sweeped it around her neck, putted her coat on her shoulders and walked out the door. It was around four, and Djodie noticed that the first people still in office jobs, now had packed up and where done for the day. Around this time, Sanctum City centre was always a bit more crowded. Djodie quickly walked over to the Lunar Lounge.

As she closed the door behind her she walked over to the bar, letting the coversations and murmering of other people lay over her like a cloak, finding a bit of comfort being surrounded by people again.
As her eyes went over the waiters, she noticed thát boy again. No alcohol for her tonight. To be honest, she wasn't even planning on it.
"Hi," she started with a small smile. Hoping that he wouldn't snap at her. She could understand if he did. "Can I get an iced tea?"

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981

Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
Back at the bar, Ruìsāng slipped into his familiar routine, the rhythm of work almost therapeutic despite the persistent ache in his hand. The presence of his Vulpix, now a regular fixture in the bar, lounging on a chair or under the watchful eye of Lìeyàn in the employee’s lounge, by now just seemed to make sense.

When the familiar redhead appeared, settling herself at the bar with a request for an iced tea, Ruìsāng couldn’t help but arch an eyebrow, a silent acknowledgment of their previous encounter. This was a decidedly less alcoholic start, a fact that amused him. He let out a chuckle, albeit somewhat strained due to the lingering discomfort in his hand, as he prepared her drink.

I have to admit it’s not what I’m best at, but here you go,” he quipped lightheartedly as he handed her the iced tea. His expertise lay in crafting more complex cocktails, and the simplicity of pouring iced tea over ice felt almost mundane in comparison.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

As the boy noticed her as well, she could see he recognised her. She held her breath for a second, waiting for his respons to her, but it wasn't what she expected.
Maybe she had been a mess in their earlier encounter. As he explained that it wasn't what he was best at, he handed her her iced tea.
"Thank you." She said. "I understand. There is a lot more comfort in crafting cocktails for already tipsy guests, isn't it?" She said, with a small apoligizing smile on her face. Knowing far too well that her behaviour last time wasn't... Ideal. Far from, even.

While she took a sip from the drink, her eyes drifted off through the bar, and just as she realised she was scanning the people, she saw something that caught her attention. And it wasn't a person. There was a black Vulpix, laying on a chair not to far away from her, and she was happy she didn't bring Duster.
The vulpix had it's eyes fixed on the boy, following his every movement. A bit confused, Djodie's eyes stayed on the Pokémon, trying to reason the fact that it was black. She'd seen shinies before, but shiny vulpix wasn't black.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

For Ruìsāng, the fleeting interactions with patrons were like waves in an ocean, each one blending into the next, leaving little lasting impression. The girl from their last meeting was just one among the myriad of faces he encountered daily. She’d been polite enough, had paid, and made a quick departure— making her a benign presence in his world of more memorable, often less agreeable customers. To him, their interaction was inconsequential, just another routine exchange in the life of a bartender.

Her observation about the ease of crafting cocktails for tipsy patrons drew a soft hum from Ruìsāng. “They’re just more fun,” he replied with a casual shrug. “It’s easy to make a good cocktail when you have the time to focus on just one, but doing it here, on the fly, from memory, that’s a skill. I’ve worked hard enough to hone it,” he explained.

In his view, the art of bartending was in the skill and creativity involved in mixing drinks from memory in a limited amount of time. None of that was necessary when pouring a soft drink. The latter, to him, was akin to the culinary difference between crafting a gourmet meal and simply heating something in a microwave.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Her words seemed to have the desired effect on him, as he let out a soft hum, and made a comment about hoe much harder it was, how much more skill it took to make a cocktail from memory. As she took a sip from her iced thea, she nodded, understanding.
Back in the café, they had a wide variety on coffee's, frappé's, smooties and what not. Djodie could indeed, serve up most of them from memory. Where they exactly the same everytime? Absolutely not. But that was only human, wasn't it?

"Well, could you recommend me a cocktail? Not to strong though, I don't want to end up over the toilet at home, again." She said with a smile, as for last time, that was exactly where she had been. But that had been after two shots and a cocktail in a short amound of time. And under a way different state of mind. She was still unable to shake it off, and tried to keep her attention focused on the man in front of her. But couldn't help the fact that her attention was drawn to the picture of the woman in her head.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng’s gaze drifted to the Vulpix, still peacefully slumbering on the chair. His attention then shifted to his Mawile, who had just made her way from the backroom, choosing to nestle against the chair and promptly joining the Vulpix in slumber. Technically, Pokémon weren’t permitted inside, but after an incident involving a chair and the Vulpix, the boss had pragmatically decided it was easier to bend the rules than replace furniture.

When the girl requested another cocktail, mentioning her desire to avoid a repeat visit to the toilet, Ruìsāng hummed shortly. “Trick is to drink enough water and to pace yourself right,” he imparted.

But I got something for you, let me whip it up,” he said, nodding confidently. Recalling their initial encounter at the coffee shop, where she had (wrongly) guessed his preference for caramel, he had an idea for a cocktail that would suit her tastes. Retrieving a martini glass, he artfully drizzled caramel sauce over the rim and sprinkled it with small peanuts. He then filled a shaker with ice cubes, chocolate liqueur, cream, and schnapps. After a vigorous shake, he expertly poured the mixture into the prepared glass.

For the sweet tooth,” he smiled, pushing the glass in her direction.

* click for drink

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

"I'll remember that for next time." Djodie smiled at his words on drinking enough water and pacing herself. Well. To say that that didn't work out last time was an understatement. "Although last time I just wanted to forget my day. With our without ending over that bowl."

As her eyes followed the boy's movements as she smiled at what he poured into a shaker, filled a martini glass en pushed it towards her. Sweet, caramel, just as she had made the coffee for him, wrongly assuming that he'd like it.
Laughing, she shook her head as she thought back at the encounter. "This is wonderfull, thank you. Alltough you cheated, knowing from before that I like this." The playfull tone in her voice letting know she was joking. She took a sip and let out an approving sound.
"Oh my, this is really good."

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng listened as the girl mentioned her previous intention to drown her sorrows in alcohol, regardless of the consequences. He released a soft sigh, a rare glimpse of concern breaking through. “Just be careful with that. It’s fun and games until it becomes a habit for every little problem,” he advised. It wasn’t typically his place to caution patrons against overindulgence – after all, serving drinks was his job. But he still couldn’t help himself.

Her reaction to the drink was positive, though she playfully accused him of cheating. Ruìsāng couldn’t help but scoff in amusement. “I’m just very good at figuring out what people like,” he retorted, his tone light yet confident. Then, recalling their last meeting, the corner of his mouth lifted in a knowing grin. “Like you with that girl,” he added.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Djodie looked at him, while he warned her and nodded. "I normally don't go to alcohol so easily. But I'll remember that, thank you," at his remark of the girl, Djodie's cheeks reddened. Even as she needed a few seconds to remember the coffee-shop-girl.
She'd long forgotten about her... "Well, it would look like you where right... just not about thát girl..." For a moment she hesitated, not knowing how mich she wanted to tell him, or if she even should. On the other hand, he had a lot of costumers every night, and Djodie was sure he would forget her story soon enough.

"How are you supposed to react when someone buys you a rediciously expensive drink, takes you home with her, then kicks you out next morning?" Maybe she was just a little naïve. Maybe she was just stupid. But the Ruby Rose cocktail was a detail that she couldn't shake. Ofcourse it had been a fling to her at first. But then her feelings had shifted, and Djodie had been confinced that Kaye had felt it too.
And now her first experience was covered with fear and hurt.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng’s grin widened with a hint of mischief as he nodded in agreement. “I know. You’re practically radiating lesbian pride, it’s hard to miss,” he observed with a nod. His voice then took on a mock-serious tone as he added, “But I do have a sharp eye for these things.

The redhead asked how you were supposed to respond if someone bought you a drink, took you home and kicked you out the next morning. Ruìsāng’s expression momentarily shifted to one of confusion.

What were you doing there till morning?” he asked, a single eyebrow arched in genuine puzzlement. He paused for a moment before elaborating on his philosophy.

The first rule of casual flings is to be a star – shine bright at night, but disappear with the light,” he explained nonchalantly. “You know, make like a vampire and vanish before dawn. Sunlight is the enemy of casual sex – it’s when feelings wake up,” he concluded, his nose wrinkling at the idea.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Her cheeks reddened even more to her the word lesbian. "Oh fuck you," but she laughed, being comfortable enough to fully admit it by now.
The confusion on his face after her question, mirrored on her own.
"What do you mean why - Oh..." Fuck. Had Kaye not said that her brother owned the Golden Eye? Maybe she didn't even pay for those drinks. She probably didn't. Maybe it was just for the reason of luring people in. Like Kavya had said. "This is what Kaye does,"
For a moment she let out a frustrated groan and listened to the boys next words. While sipping from the cocktail, she shook her head. Maybe she was done. Being sure she didn't want to feel this kind of thing ever again.
"I am such an idiot." Was there a black hole she could disappear through? "I just thought..." She was silent for a moment. "I don't know what I thought."

What she knew however, that she was not the type to have flings, or one night stands. "It's the feelings that I want. I would never -... I - she invited me to stay the night. Like, sleep." Usually, when she talked about situations that confused her, talking made it make sense again.
This however, made no sense. It felt like it tangled even more.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

It seemed like the girl was, in fact, an idiot. Ruìsāng listened with a solemn nod, agreeing to this. Her subsequent admission, revealing a muddled mix of unspoken expectations and the unsettling realisation that she wanted feelings, only seemed to confirm his initial impression. When she divulged the crux of her distress – that she had hoped for something more meaningful – Ruìsāng couldn't help but scoff lightly.

People don’t buy drinks for a pretty girl in the hopes of marrying her, girl,” he pointed out. He then continued, offering a piece of wisdom shaped by his own observations. “A night of fun is like… fireworks – it’s spectacular while it lasts, but it’s not meant to linger for long,” he said, shaking his head slightly. “If you’re searching for something deeper, don’t set your sights on those who woo you with lavish drinks and a one-night invitation, alright?” After all, he would know.

Here’s a suggestion. Open up Charm, find someone new, and move on from this fling. It’s that easy,” he advised, a half-smile playing on his lips.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

She was an idiot. Unbelievably stupid to fall for that expensive drink.
"Well, I guess I will keep that in mind for next time." Djodie sighed as she finished the remains of her cocktail. "I guess I was just lured in the wrong direction. It was a Ruby Rose cocktail - but she mentioned her brother owned the bar. She probably didn't need to pay for it. God I'm so stupid."
At his next words, his suggestion to open up a Charm profile, she wanted to keep it off. But on the other hand... she could use a positive experience after this.

"Why the hell not. Can I get a shot? Not tequila though. Something... fruitier? Sweeter?" She was done with the tequila, as that burned even more when it came out as when in went in. In the time it took the man to prepare her drink, Djodie set up a Charm profile, layed down her phone on the table.
Then came the question rather she was interested in man or woman. Or both. Her own hesitation caused a bit of a laugh. Who was she kidding? She pressed 'woman' and began swiping.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng couldn't help but scoff, quickly followed by a burst of laughter, at the mention of a Ruby Rose cocktail. “A Ruby Rose? Darling, you must be joking,” he chuckled, shaking his head in amusement.

He leaned forward, a glint of playful seriousness in his eyes. “Let me give you a tip from the pros. The pricier the cocktail, the cheaper the intention,” he advised. “Think of it this way – if someone's really looking for something meaningful, are they going to splash out big bucks on a stranger without even a real conversation? No. Those who flaunt their wealth like that usually have deep pockets but shallow hearts,” he mused, his tone a mix of jest and earnest wisdom. He was well-acquainted with such men, having spent many nights with such people.

When the girl requested a fruitier alternative to tequila, Ruìsāng bit back a quip about her possibly being the fruitiest element in the bar – a joke that could just as easily apply to himself. He decided on a Mai Tai, a classic choice but one that was often butchered by less skilled establishments. In his hands, however, it would be crafted to perfection.

A Mai Tai for the lady nursing a bruised heart,” he announced with a smile, sliding the drink towards her.

the drink

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Darling, you must be joking. For a moment Djodie looked up at him, an ashamed expression shown on her face for a second, just before she masked it and shook her head. As he continued his explaination - it was sad that she needed that anyway - Djodie rested her forehead on her hand.
How could she be so stupid?

"I guess you're right." Djodie sighed as she curled three fingers around the shotglass, while looking at her phone, with some female charm profiles displayed.
She tried, but there weren't her.
The red headed girl let out a frustrated sound, shot the drink in one go - definitly better than tequila. And focused on her phone again. Just swipe some right, come on now.

After a few minutes she pressed her phone stand-by, as she hadn't swiped even one profile. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe she needed to get used to the idea.
"I am Djodie, by the way," she introduced herself, as she realised she didn't even know his name.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng listened as the girl, Djodie, introduced herself. Little heart-broken, fresh out of the closet Djodie. Ruìsāng responded with a chuckle and a shake of his head. “I’m Ruìsāng, but you can call me Sāng,” he introduced himself, the nickname slipping out effortlessly. It was a practice borne out of convenience, a way to prevent his name from being butchered.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’ve just discovered that casual flings aren’t your style, that’s all,” he said with a reassuring smile. He then turned his attention to another customer, a brunette waiting for her drink. As he prepared it, his thoughts lingered briefly on the countless others like Djodie he had seen, hearts bruised by fleeting romances. He wondered, not for the first time, why it wasn’t more widely understood that it was safer to leave your heart out of such encounters.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

"You've just discovered that casual flings aren't your style, that's all," Djodie tilted her head a bit as she took in those words. Perhaps he was right. Djodie looked at Sãng as he focused on another costumer. Djodie picked up her shotglass - remembered it was empty, and just as she was about to ask for a refill, she changed her mind. She should not.
"Thank you."

The redhead grabbed her purse, collected her expenses plus a tip - for putting up with her, again. She slid it over the counter, caught his gaze so she knew that it wouldn't get lost somewhere, put on her coat and made her way towards the exit.

[End]

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content