Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Bearing a gift

2 posters
Lucina Roth
IC Posts : 617

Lucina RothEnhanced Affinity
After encountering a man that had felt dangerous, she had realised that whatever Ming had tried to do, he had at least tried to help her. Not like that man, so now she felt even worse about just leaving him, while his intentions even with the cops seem to have been good. It had also meant that she had had to find another place to live for now, she had decided to go for another bridge, even if she might be easy to be found like that, but it was still something that shielded her from some of the weather, especially now that it was getting colder.
What she hadn't expected though was that once she had build a new cardboard box house, that there was something inside when she came back from trying to find some food. It had already been dark, so she immediately saw the strange blue light emanating from the cardboard house, something she had never seen before for as far as she knew. Carefully she had looked inside, just to find two creatures inside. If she was right, these were pokemon, she had seen the people here walking around with them, but that didn't explain why they were here. One was black like the night, with blue rings, which glowed and explained why there had been blue light. The other was a pale furred pokemon. She somehow felt connected to the dark one, like they were the same in a certain sense. Both pokemon had called out, by which she had been able to tell that the dark one was an Umbreon and the smaller pale one was an Eevee.
The next day the pokemon had followed her while she had been walking around, however she soon found out that she got even more attention now. Sometimes she could hear words like 'shiny' and 'odd' and of course they mentioned herself too. Though in this way she did find out that these pokemon weren't normal either, just like her. They were all different an that somehow made her feel a little better.

She had decided to go and see what all the fuss was about in the city square, especially since there were delicious scents coming from it. Maybe they could find some food? Though she doubted it would be free and she still hadn't been able to aquire some of that 'money'. She had walked by a few stalls when she suddenly saw someone familiar. She looked from the pokemon to the person who was most likely Ming. She still wanted to pay him back and the two shiny pokemon with her were just attracting too much attention. Maybe he would want the Eevee? She felt a little bad seperating them, but she couldn't just keep feeding two pokemon when she couldn't even feed herself properly. That wouldn't be fair to the pokemon either. She took a deep breath and started walking towards the person that seemed to be Ming. "Ming?" She called his name, hoping he wouldn't be too surprised and also wondering is he would recognise her.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Luci
Birthday: ???
Sexuality: Still figuring it out
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Why was he here again? Right, because he wanted to buy something for Lányù. It was something he did every year and it would raise questions if he did not do it this year. She was already worried enough about him, so he had made up his mind and decided to keep up his act around his family.

Míngzé ended up at one of the stalls, asking the man behind it what they were selling. Some kind of statue was quickly pushed in his hands and he was urged to feel it. It was clearly some kind of pokémon if he had to judge by the legs and there was a soft texture placed over the statue at some places.

Right when Míngzé was about to ask what it was, he got distracted. His name sounded from somewhere behind him and he turned around to face whoever was there. “Yes?” Míngzé asked with a frown, not knowing who it was. The small shadow that he saw did not help him figure out who this was. While he could often recognize someone by their voice, it took him a while to clearly memorize it. He still held the statue of a winter sawsbuck in his hands.

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Lucina Roth

He turned around the moment he heard her voice and she waited for a sign of recognition, but it didn't really come. It wasn't a real surprise, they had only met each other once and he couldn't even see her. If she had been another person, she might even have asked him if he could only recognise her when she was naked, but that wasn't something she would use. Still she had hoped he would recognise her, that would have made it easier. "It's Lucina." Would that work?
Meanwhile the Eevee and Umbreon were watching the two of them, the umbreon was clearly keeping an eye on Ming, while the Eevee seemed more curious. "I told you I would return the favor, right?" She didn't even know if he would see this as returning the favor. He had told her that he didn't want anything, but she still had to try and she knew she couldn't just take care of both pokemon. However for now she waited for what his reaction would be, it was possible that he would still call the cops and then she might need to run.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

If this had been anyone he knew well, he would’ve recognized her instantly, but perhaps she was someone from school. It would not be the first time someone started talking to him like they knew him only because they were in the same class. They knew him, but he had no idea who they were. Her name however immediately reminded him. Míngzé straightened himself a bit, feeling a hint of awkwardness. Last time she ran away after he tried to help. “Oh— hi.” This clearly went very well. After last time he had no idea how to behave or what to ask.

The frown on his head only deepened when she mentioned why she had approached him. “I already told you, you really don’t have to repay me anything,” Míngzé said as he waved the little statue around, waving away her offer. It had been an offer of kindness and that kind of thing did not require repayment. “It’s fine, it really is. All I hope is that eh— you’re doing well and everything.” He was still unsure of her situation, because it had been odd and vague.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She had expected the awkwardness and also his answer when she told him she was here to repay him. He had told her back then that it wasn’t necessary, but she just didn’t feel good about it. ”I know you told me that.” But he had to understand that she didn’t like taking things without giving something back. She pursed her lips, wondering if there was a way she could bring this without refusing her. ”You see, I have an Eevee here, at least I think it is.” She wasn’t completely sure about it.

She knew that if she told him the next thing she would answer his second answer a little too. ”I can’t take care of it and I thought you might be interested.” She could maybe give it to him as a christmas present if he still kept refusing it. ”And to answer you, I am doing fine, just not in a position to take care of two pokemon.” And she felt more of a connection with the Umbreon, so it was a little sad, but it was better for the Eevee and she knew he would take good care of it.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Good. She remembered that he did not need repayment for the little help he’d offered her. Míngzé nodded shortly as he wanted to change the subject. She however had different plans and he frowned when she continued. The frown only deepened and he opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. An eevee? What did a pokémon have to do with all of this?

He heaved a deep breath. “Where did you find it?” Míngzé asked, now a bit concerned for many reasons. The fact that she could not take care of it gave him a lot of information, especially given everything he learned during their first meeting. Now he really did not know what to do anymore.

Compassion was clearly visible on his face as Míngzé looked at her. He still did not know much about her situation, but enough to know that he was right to worry. “Right.” What else was there to say? He tried to remember everything she’d told him before. “Yeah I think I can take care of it, for now.” Or he could take care of it for long enough until he found a right home for it. There were so many questions in his head that he still wanted to ask her, but part of him was afraid she would run once more if he did. “Where is it?” His eyes scanned the ground around her, but the pokémon might be too small for him to see.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She didn't know what she expected him to ask first, but it was not where she had found it. She looked at to the Eevee and Umbreon for a moment. "I found them under a bridge, an Umbreon and Eevee." She told him. And yes it felt a little bad to be seperating them, but she felt an unexplainable connection to the Umbreon, a lot more than the Eevee.

She worried for a moment that he wouldn't agree, that the Eevee would be too much of a burden. Though he didn't seem like that kind of person in her eyes and she got proven right when he told her he could take care of it for now. That was good enough for her. If he really didn't want the Eevee anymore when she had a better living situation she would take it off of his hands again. She looked down when he asked where the Eevee was and picked the pokemon up, holding it out to him. "Here," The Eevee looked confused for a moment before staring at the man before it. Now it was waiting till what Ming would do.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

They were found under a bridge, probably trying to find shelter against these dropping temperatures. Vaguely Míngzé saw how her figure bent forward before she held something in front of him. “And it does not bite?” he asked just in case. Slowly he reached out for the pokémon, his movements not harsh as he did not want to scare the pokémon. The wet nose touched his hand, which made him quickly pull away. He really preferred not to get bitten. When it did not look like that was going to happen, he grabbed the small creature, its fur soft against his touch. Just what was he going to do with this thing?

“Eh— Thanks, I think?” This was all very strange, but if she told him it was impossible to take care of both of them, he believed her. Míngzé held the pokémon awkwardly in his arms as he stood there. “Are you sure you and your Umbreon will be fine?” That is what was really plaguing his mind. He simply wanted her to be alright. “If you need some pokémon food or anything, I could get you some?” He did not need eyes to know that she was probably still living in not that great conditions. There were other factors he could perceive.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She smiled a little when he asked her whether it would bite, in her experience not, but it wasn't something that might apply to everyone. "In my experience not," But it was clear that Ming was still careful about it. She could even see him take his hand back for a moment when it had touched the nose of the Eevee. Once he had a good grip on the pokemon she let it go. The Eevee didn't seem scared or anything, so that was good news. It meant that Ming could take it with him.

She knew him good enough to expect his next question and shook her head. "We will be fine for now." She didn't know when their situation would change, but if that were to happen she might go look for him again. It felt bad to keep burdening him everytime, but she had no one else and that was the sad truth. "I hope the Eevee won't be too much of a burden on you." She didn't want to bring him any more trouble than she already had up to now. So if she could help it, she hoped that she would never have to ask for his help again.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

It was difficult for him to trust the pokémon currently in his arms, but so far so good. Lucina told him it would not bite, which was a little bit reassuring. "No, it's fine. She’s not too big so I probably won’t even notice she’s even there,” he tried to reassure her with a small smile. One pokémon more or less would not make a difference.

Míngzé was not sure how to hold the pokémon in his arms, making it uncomfortable for the both of them. Yet he managed it somehow. What a mess this was, but luckily not one that was unsolvable. But with this matter behind them, it was finally time to ask her the question that he really wanted an answer to.  “How about you? Are you fine?” Míngzé asked, his face clouded in worry. He still remembered how she’d ran off last time and part of him felt guilty. If he had been more careful, she might not have felt the need to do so. “If I scared you last time, that was not my intention. All I wanted was to help you,” he continued carefully. It was not certain this was the right approach, and he did not want to scare her again.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She didn't know whether it was true that he wouldn't even notice that the pokemon was there, but she had to believe him on his words for now. If at one point he really wanted to get rid of the pokemon, she would make sure that she would be able to take it back at that point. She just needed to learn how to start, because that was the biggest problem right now, she knew almost nothing about this city and how things worked here.

He asked her how she was, if she was fine and for a moment she was glad he wouldn't be able to see how fake the smile was that she put on her face then. "Yes, I am doing better now." She couldn't tell him she was fine, because that wouldn't be entirely true. "It wasn't that you scared me back then, but I was afraid that if the cops came they would lock me up just because of how I look." She had no idea how the cops in this city were, but it was something that scared her even now. But Ming wouldn't understand, he only knew that she had been naked then, nothing more.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

After last time, Míngzé couldn’t help but worry about her. Letting someone who didn’t even have her own clothes on her body run away felt wrong, but there had been nothing he could’ve done. He was glad to hear she was doing better. With a small smile he nodded. “Glad to hear it.” Still, he could not shake the feeling that there was still something. There was a sting in his heart. One he tried to push away immediately. Those struggles were long since behind him, he’d made peace with them.

Míngzé drew in a sharp breath. Her worries back then also made sense. Although, he did not think they would lock someone up because they were running around naked. “I assumed they would try finding a place for you to stay. Perhaps contact someone you know.” That is often what the police did in cases like this. Míngzé doubted they would treat her as a criminal, more like a victim.  

“In any case, if you ever need help, I guess you know where I live,” he said with the same smile as before.It was the least he could do. Míngzé did not know about her situation and what might’ve happened to her. He did not even know if he could fully trust her, but if he could, he would help.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

He didn't understand what she meant, but maybe it was better this way. If he were to find out how she really looked he might think different about the whole situation. And even if they had just intended to contact someone she knew, that would have been hard, since she had no idea who. Even if there was a person she didn't remember them. "That would have been hard, since there is no one." She hadn't lied about that before. There was just no one they could have contacted.

Still she was glad that he offered his help if she ever needed it. Of course she still remembered where he lived. She wouldn't forget that easily, she hoped. It wouldn't be the first time she forgot anything after all. "I will do that." She told him. Though she wouldn't want to burden him if possible. So the situation had to be pretty bad for her to make the decision to go towards him. When she needed someone, but no one was there. "I will be going then." She told him. She didn't want to hold him up any longer.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

The girl in front of him remained an ever growing mystery. Since the day Míngzé first met her, until now, there was barely anything he knew about her. He knew about people who had no family or a very small friend group, but he could not imagine what it was like to have no one at all. “Right,” he said a bit awkwardly. Back then he’d really thought the cops would be able to help her in some way, but now he was no longer certain if that was really the case.

For now the pokémon in his arms was still calm, but Míngzé could feel how it was looking at each and every move Lucina made. “Stay safe,” he said with a nod when she told him she would be going. The moment she did, he could feel the pokémon becoming restless, as if it wanted to follow her. Míngzé pulled it closer to his chest. If he was to look after this thing, it would be bad if he let her run away immediately.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content