Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Bound to go wrong

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

The Christmas Market. Every year it was a busy place and every year it seemed to get bigger and bigger. Normally Míngzé had Qiān with him who would help him around, but their bond was still too fragile for something like this. Which meant he had to do everything on his own with only the useless cane in his hands as guidance. Which did not help him at all. Some who noticed made way, sometimes helping him a bit more, but most of the time everyone was too busy.

For exactly one stall Mingwe tried to actually enjoy every part of this market, but he gave up after one. The owner was friendly enough to tell him what they were selling, but there was too much going on around him. Part of him wanted to flee but… he was not useless. He could do this.

While he walked his cane hit more legs than anything else. After a few ‘sorry’s’ he gave up on that too. It was pointless. His breath left his mouth in staggering waves. This was just a stupid Christmas Market, he could do this.

The moment he finally entered a part of the market that had more space and less people, he released a breath. Míngzé was relieved that he was no longer surrounded by people from every side. He could also finally hear something else than all their muffled voices. Instead he heard the screeching noises that came from the ice skating rink. It kept his mind occupied for a moment and he decided to approach it. A very long time ago he’d tried it and was not too bad at it either. But that was when glasses could still help him see. Now it was a bright white spot with some darker moving spots. Still he stayed there, simply listening to what was going on.

[ Voor Alas ]

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Alastor Linden
IC Posts : 109

Alastor LindenBlessed by ????
After everything that had happened he had thrown himself back into his work. He had played and sung to relieve the tension that wason his mind and heart. And for some reason, things were calling out more and more to him. He had noticed that in a way, he could understand Buddy better now and the little spider had even made it clear it was a she and she wanted more than just sugar. She wanted batteries and he had provided as such... It was odd, but maybe it was just this new lense he had in life.

His mom had called him and told him about the christmas market. She had noted that her son had barely been home lately and perhaps he should take a break from work to just... Destress. He didn't go against her idea and so he had gotten dressed after a quick visit home for a shower.

He arrived at the market and looked around. Having a red scarf to match the whole vibe. He walked past all the little stands and looked over the food and little trinkets that were for sale... However, the mere smell of meat made his stomach turn and he quickly hastened his pace to just get away from it all.

He sighed when he was away from it, his eyes slowly lifting upwards as he noticed how he had walked near the ice skating ring. He blinked in surprise, before he noticed someone slightly familiar a few steps away from him.

"Hey, it's you again," he said with a smile as he walked closer. "Merry christmas!" he said with a chuckle. "Thinking about getting on the ice?" he asked, genuinily curious. Maybe if he wanted to get on, he would give it a shot too.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Alas
Birthday: 06/09/2000
Sexuality: Homosexual
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Focus on the ice skating and then in a few moments he could go. There must be another way out of here besides the one Míngzé had taken to get here. The only problem was finding that way out. He could ask someone, but then first he had to calm down for a second.

The skates scraping over the ice were not very fun to hear either. It was not a pleasant sound to his ears and did not help him in any way. Míngzé closed his eyes for a moment and leaned forward against the skating rink. He was hugging his cane, afraid that he would lose it otherwise. Why did he think this was a good idea?

Míngzé rubbed his fingers through his eyes as he was trying to find his bearings again. A voice next to him sounded and he dropped his hand to look aside. Whoever it was, was talking to him. There came a ‘Merry Christmas’ and then he recognized the voice. “Oh, you,” Míngzé said as he straightened his back a bit, trying to not appear as if he was on the verge of a breakdown.  

Even after seeing each other twice now, they still had not exchanged names. “Yeah eh, Merry Christmas to you too.” A small smile tugged on his lips. Perhaps this was exactly what he needed, some distraction from everything else.

At the mention of the skating rink he let out a soft off. “I want to but I really don’t think that’s a good idea,” Míngzé said with a forced smile before turning his gaze back to the ice. “I’d probably only be a danger to myself and others, sadly enough.” A sigh rolled over his lips. He remembered how he liked to skate when he was a child. Even with all the falling it had still been a fun experience. “Are you getting on?” Míngzé asked the other. Now that they were talking about it, he really wanted to be able to experience it again.  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Alastor Linden

He smiled when the other seemed to recognize him. Stepping forward as to join him by his side. Looking over the ice he noticed how people were having a fun time, some even having Pokémon out there as well. How fun, and cute.

The other wished him a merry christmas as well and Alastor kept on a smile as he leaned forward, folding his arms over the edge and tilted his head. His eyes following along with a little girl and her father helping her out. He blinked a few times, before the corners of his mouth turned down. His eyes darted back to the man next to him to find a distraction.

The other said he wanted to go out ice skating, but didn't think it was a good idea. Something that made Alastor frown. A danger? Hm... When the question was returned to him, he chuckled softly. "I kind of want to, but not alone," he revealed to him. "Why do you think you'll be a danger to yourself and others?" he asked calmly. His eyes going to the cane he had seen a few times. Alastor still had barely any idea what kind of struggles he was going through.

"Would you feel safer if we perhaps go together?" he offered him with a smile.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Who’d think that among all these people he’d find someone he knew. Or more like the other found him. Both of them were drawn to the skating rink, but both of them were having doubts. The other did not want to go on alone, and for him it would be dangerous to simply get on the ice. Something this man did not understand.

Míngzé looked at the other with knitted brows. This happened once before, not that long ago. Sang did not understand why he asked what they were being served and now this one was confused why it would be dangerous to get on the ice. Míngzé would almost start to think he was the least blind person among them. “Don’t you think it’s dangerous to get on the ice if you can’t see the other people? I prefer not to crash into everyone.” Míngzé raised a brow at the other, awaiting his response.

Alone it would be a total nightmare and people might die. But perhaps together— Míngzé hummed softly as he gave it a thought. It could work, if they were careful. Considering everything this man was maybe not his safest option, but he was definitely an option. “I guess that could work,” he said with a hint of uncertainty. They did not have to go fast like some of the other people. If he took it slowly, stayed near the side, it might be fine. “Are you sure you are up for it?” Míngzé asked just in case.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Alastor Linden

Alastor was the type you simply had to be straight forward with, otherwise things went over his head. Like how he had yet to realize what this man had. Bad eyesight? Barely crossed his mind mate, you had to spell it out for him.

Then he spoke and he tilted his head. Can't see the other people? Hm. "You can't see them?" he asked calmly. "Guess I'll just have to hold your hand then," he said with a smile. "See? A solution to a problem. How easily that one was solved," he chuckled as he looked over to him. "I didn't know you were blind," he did say. Nothing about him really gave it away.

It would seem the stranger did like the idea of them going together and so, he nodded at them when he seemed to agree. He did sound uncertain, even voiced it through a question. "Of course," he said as he held out his hand to him. "May I have your hand? I'll guide you to the entrance and we'll get you a pair of skates that fit you," he said with a gentle smile. Polite and not rushing things. Now that he knew he couldn't see, grabbing him seemed very inappropriate. He wouldn't see it coming, after all.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

He hummed in confirmation. In a way he could see them, but with so many people in one spot they started to blend together. There was no real telling where one person ended and the other one started. The other suggested holding hands as the easy solution. “I guess you’re right, yeah, that's a solution.” If the other was somewhat okay-ish at ice skating, it might be fine. It was still an incredibly stupid idea, but why not. Something about living a little. “Well, I don’t start all my conversations with; hi, I’m Míngzé and I’m almost completely blind.” Míngzé rolled his eyes at his own words but he had a smile on his lips.

Even though the other wanted to help and seemed confident in doing so, Míngzé couldn’t help but feel nervous. He had never heard of a blind person ice skating. It will be fine. And if he kept telling himself that it might become true. “My life will be literally in your hands, but no pressure of course.” That was a bit of an exaggeration. He folded his cane and tucked it away in his jacket before reaching for the other’s hand. They might not let him even on the ice if they realized he couldn’t see.

With the other’s help they went to the stall where they kept the ice skates and with each step he could feel his heart beat slightly faster. “I need a size forty-one.” Míngzé already looked around a bit, trying to decipher if there was an empty bench nearby.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content