Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

A fresh start

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

A work trial period. It was worse than starting somewhere new. Now Míngzé was aware that they would keep a close eye on him. Was it because he quitted his last job? Did they call his last employer? It wasn’t like everything had gone smoothly back there. But this was a job at a Pokémon shelter, surely they would not be that strict with everything.

Míngzé was sitting in the waiting room. His cane was rolling between his fingers over and over again. It was difficult to resist the urge to not tap his smartwatch every five seconds to know the time. They’d told him that the one who was going to give him a tour was still busy for a few minutes, but she would soon be here. It was all taking too long if you asked him which made his nerves get worse.

When Míngzé could hear the door open he looked up, nearly even jumped to his feet. Only then he could hear the footsteps walk away from him and another door opening. With a deep sigh he sat down once more. If it took any longer, he might just leave.

[ Voor Penny ]

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Penny Ivanova
IC Posts : 12

Penny Ivanova
"This is the last time I'm allowing you to sit on my lap again when I'm working, Bee," Penny grumbled as she looked at the dead screen of the computer in front of her, a bit of smoke drifting out on the top. The Yamper on her lap only wagged it's little bolted tail and looked up at her, full of excitement. Of course it didn't know what it had just done. "I guess I'll have to fill it all in the old fashioned way." With a soft sigh the pinkhaired girl got up, taking hold of the Yamper and walking over to one of the benches. The last thing she wanted was for Bee to start running around or following her. Who knew what else that tail would do. She gently sat Bee in the bench and closed the door. "I'll be right back, okay? You just sit here for a moment and then we can cuddle all afternoon!" Penny smiled, giving the Yamper a wink who was still wagging his tail. Ah yes, definitely smoother brained. With her hands on her hips she looked around the room. Not all Pokémon had arrived just yet and it looked to be a more quieter day. Despite the mishap this morning, she knew it would be a fine day.

"Ehm... Pen?" Sam, her colleague who took care of the somewhat older Pokémon a room further knocked on the door. "Weren't you supposed to have a new colleague today?" The other girl raised her brow as the realization dawned on Penny. She shot a glance at the clock. 9:07. "Shoot!" Seven minutes late. With a jump Penny rushed past Sam towards the entrance of the building. It wasn't far but every second counted. She slammed the door open, it hitting the wall besides it with a loud bang. Surely that would get anyone's attention. But with the other being the only in the room, she couldn't be mistaken. "Míngzé?" she wandered a bit closer. Her eyes fell on the cane for a moment but then quickly went back to his face. "I apologise, I got lost in my work for a moment, so sorry!" Penny offered a weak smile. "I'm Penny, I'm showing you around today..." That was, if he still wanted the job. This was highly unprofessional after all.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Penny
Birthday: 12/05/2001
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Going from a lab, to a pokémon shelter. It felt like the right choice to make. While he’d tried to do his best to keep the pokémon over there a good life too, it was still a lab. Everyone knew what happened at those kinds of places. When the offer came, he had not dared to decline, but now he regretted ever even talking to those people. This was supposed to change everything for the better. A new start at the beginning of a new year.

Míngzé’s head flew up at the slamming of a door, immediately alert. He could not help but wonder if something had happened, but then his name sounded. “Yes?” Míngzé questioned with a hint of confusion. He knitted his brow before he slowly raised to his feet. “That’s alright,” he said, but he could not keep the irritation completely out of his voice. It was fine, first impressions were not that important. Or what is it that people say? His unfocussed eyes rested on her in an attempt to keep eye contact.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Míngzé but— you of course already knew that. Right...” Míngzé held out his hand, waiting for her to shake his. “You can just do your thing, I’ll let you know if there is anything.” He slightly raised his cane to let Penny know what he was talking about. It often worked against him if people were trying too hard to help.

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Penny Ivanova
IC Posts : 12

Penny Ivanova
It was so funny how she always reminded herself to do certain things before a certain time, only to ultimately forget everything when said time came. It almost was standard for her. Penny was often late, forgot to reply to texts, call back, make appointments. Her head was a busy place, there was no room for shelving appointments. She simply had to go through life and hope for the best. But that didn't mean she wasn't bothered by the fact that this happened often. In fact, it was one of the things she disliked most about herself.

Penny frowned slightly when she heard the slight irritation in Míngzé's voice. But she couldn't blame him. He'd been waiting for a long time while she had been too busy with everything else. Nevertheless she jumped forward to shake Míngzé's hand, maybe a bit too eagerly, to try and make up for her tardiness. She nodded, only realizing then that the man in front of her probably couldn't see that. Dangit Penny, get it together! "Of course, of course. Again, so sorry for me being late. This job can sometimes get a little consuming," she chuckled, hoping to get the irritation out of the air. "Either way, I'll show you the important places you need to know, before we head to the room. Sam, our other colleague, is watching over my room currently so we have a bit of time," she smiled, feeling her cheery nature return to her. "Have you ever used a Pokémon Daycare or have you ever visited us?" she asked then. If he had, it would mean she could skip a few places and explanations, meaning that she was saving time. But even then, Penny would do her utmost best to make sure Míngzé knew everything that he needed to know about this daycare.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Penny
Birthday: 12/05/2001
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE
of DARKNESS SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

It was fine. Perhaps it was busy and that was her reason for being too late. Míngzé was ready to give her another chance. Not like he had many options, this place was ready to take him in and give him a chance too.
It was better than nothing considering all his mounting problems.

“It’s alright, really,” Míngzé said once again. He listened to what she had to tell him, something about a room. “Your room?” He had no idea what she meant by that exactly. Apparently it was a rather important place if someone had to keep watch over it.

“This is my first time here.” While he had pokémon at home, he never had any need of a daycare. “I uh— worked at the Sanctum Affinity Research Facility before,” Míngzé said carefully. It was entirely different from this place and he was pretty sure they did not like a place like that. Fuck. Had he already made a mistake? Not that it really mattered, the question would come eventually.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content