Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Aftermath

2 posters
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 589

Djodie Archeron
How badly this could have gone. It was only as she woke up the next morning that she realised. Lamar had checked her up after Ruisang had dropped them off at Lamar's clinic. Luckily, she didn't have anything permanent. But that wasn't thanks to herself. The whole experience really pushed her into facing the fact that she was way too weak, and it was too easy to put herself in danger. She needed help to get less vulnerable. Yet she had no idea where to start or who to ask.

For now, the girl walked her daily stroll trough the city to get her Chai Tea, with Bell, the shiny Umbreon besides her. Just as she was about to push the café door open, she recognised the man sitting in one of the tables. For a moment she stood there, contemplating to pick another café. But she shook her head in her mind, walked in, ordered and as she got her chai handed, she shyly walked over to the table he was sitting at.
"Hi," she started and she cleared her throat. "Is this uh, is this free?"
[I want you, I need you, oh God]
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE
of DARKNESS SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

As expected his exams had been a disaster. Míngzé had gone to every one of them, but each time he left with a horrible feeling. Earlier that year one of his teachers had asked him if anything was going on at home and if he needed more time. Back then he had said ‘no’, while the right answer had been ‘yes’. His last exam was finally over, but instead of going home he went to grab a coffee in a nearby coffeeshop.

A voice sounded, one he now recognized all too well.. Míngzé’s first instinct was to stand up and walk away. That would make everything easier, at least for him. He had to force himself to stay seated. Running away did not help anyone, if anything it would make things only worse than they already were. Besides, he still had to pay his bill.

With a forced smile he looked up at Djodie. “Go ahead,” he told her with a stiff nod. Was there really nowhere else she could sit down? Míngzé didn’t think it was that busy. He sat straighter in his chair and took a deep breath. This was the moment where he should ask her how she was doing, instead he grabbed his coffee and drank. He’d been too hasty when drinking, causing him to choke on his drink. With a loud thud he placed down his coffee on the table as he started coughing. “Sorry—” he said hoarsely through his coughing. One had he used to tap against his chest, hoping that would ease everything.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
She could tell he wasn't feeling to enthousiastic about her joining him. Well, she could always leave later on if it was neccesary.
Where she maybe had expected him to ask how she was doing, he did no such thing. Maybe he was mad at her for her sudden exit at the bonfire? Djodie didn't know.

Mingzé started drinking his coffee, and Djodie followed his example - until he seemed to choke in it. Are you kidding me. Quickly the girl had put her drink down, but just as she was about to get up, Ming seemed to be okay again.
"Easy on, try breathing more through your nose..." what else could she do?
Bell had found enough comfort to jump on the chair next to Djodie, and layed her head to rest on the table. Djodie smiled at the pokémon and layed her hand on the Umbreon's head before focussing on Ming.

"How are you doing?"
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

This was awkward. Like he needed any more of that in his life. His throat burned because of the coughing, but luckily it was not anything too bad. Djodie told him to breathe through his nose, but Míngzé waved it away. “I’m fine,” he said, his voice hoarse. Even this he couldn’t do. A few more coughs and then it was finally over. Míngzé leaned back in his chair, feeling like he could sink through the floor of embarrassment.

Míngzé rubbed his still burning throat, but at least the coughing had stopped. “Yeah, no I’m doing fine.” Fine, not good, because that is not at all how he felt. To prove he was indeed fine, he shot her a tiny smile. “How about you? After last time—” he started, but his voice trailed off. The disaster that had unfolded last time. Míngzé hated thinking about it. He wanted nothing more than to bury it among other painful memories. An apology laid on his lips, one he did not manage to say out loud.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Mingze waved her worried words away, so the redhead took a hold of her drink again and took a sip, nodding at him - not realising that he couldn't see that.
As she asked how he was doing, she was answered with the same answered, where after he returned the question. Djodie shrugged her shoulders for a moment. "Fine, really. I guess I was just lucky you all where around in the forest, even at that hour." She had no idea what would have happened if they hadn't been there.

She still didn't really know, or didn't really want to admit what had happened. She had brought multiple people in danger - for what. A stupid hallucination the Haunter had given her?
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

Míngzé forced another smile to his lips. What she said to him made his chest tighten a bit. It was not like he’d done much, if anything. “We were mostly lucky that the other man and Sāng were there,” he spoke while trying to keep his voice casual. Who knows what might have happened if those two hadn’t been around.

“I never asked, how exactly did you end up on the ice?” Míngzé looked towards Djodie, doing his best to make eye contact. Everyone knew it was dangerous to step on ice, especially now when it was still thin. Even then it was not a wise choice to go on there alone. Míngzé felt uncomfortable simply thinking about it and what could happen. To hide this discomfort he grabbed his coffee and drank.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Djodie noticed he was subtly waving away her gratitude. Saying that they had been lucky Lamar and Sang had been there. Ofcourse they had been, but he made it sound like it hadn't mattered if he had or hadn't been there. And Djodie didn't agree on that. Unconsiously mayeb, but he had freed her from the hallucination.

Ming asked her how exactly she had ended up on top of the frozen lake. Djodie sighed, took a sip of her drink and ran a hand through her hair. "You remember there being a Haunter? I guess it made me see hallucinations... I followed... something... on the ice." She was a bit surprised at her own honest answer, not having fulling intended that.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

The haunter. Involuntarily he clenched his jaw at the memories. How could he forget? The thing nearly attacked him, or at least tried to. “I remember.” With the warm coffee in his hands he had at least something to remind him that was all behind them. That they were no longer in that forest.

He hummed softly as he considered her words. “You should be more careful, and not simply trust everything you see or hear— perhaps even feel,” Míngzé said, ending with a soft sigh. It was part of the reason why he ended up there, a faint feeling. How he hated this, but there was no escaping it was there? He had researched it a little bit, but for now he’d come back empty handed. A way to destroy affinities, remove them from one's person. Yet, at the same time, he could only feel it grow stronger.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
She noticed him tensing up when she brought up the Haunter. As his words followed Djodie cast her eyes down, unconsiously tapping her coffeecup with her fingers. Ofcourse she realised she had been increadinly stupid, to just follow a hallucination on to a frozen lake.
"I know. I'm trying to... I guess I wasn't aware of it being a hallucination." that wasn't entirely true. She had noticed the red eyes 'Kaye' had during the hallucination. She had noticed, and still chose to follow it. She had put 3 people's lifes in danger because of it. "I feel horeible about it, really. What could have happened to all of you..."

She was stupid. Utterly, entirely, stupid. And she had no idea how to change that. Djodie more and more got the feeling she needed to turn her life around. But how was she supposed to do that?
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

It had been a hallucination that had drawn her onto the ice. She did not go into much detail, but Míngzé could only assume that it had been very convincing. Why else would one follow something in the depth of night? He was not one to judge really. There was so much going on inside of him, making it difficult to distinguish between what others could observe and sense, and the aspects that were visible only to him.

Míngzé softly shook his head. “No need to apologize, it’s not your fault.” Something tricked her and that was what caused it all. He stared down at his coffee, moving the cub between his fingers, his jaw clenched. SIlence lingered in the air.  “I should be the one to apologize,” he sighed softly. “There was more I could’ve done, but didn’t.” At least, that is what he kept telling himself. No matter what others had told him, the feeling remained.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Mingze told her she didn't had to apologise. Something she didn't really agree with. As he went on talking, she looked at him with a confused expression on her face.
"More you could have done?" Djodie repeated. "No, no, you grounded me. Pulled me back out of that hallucination. Mingze, if you hadn't been there in time..." with a puzzled expression she looked at the man, hoping her words would come through to him.

If he hadn't pulled her head out, she surely would have ended up a toy for the Haunter. And when it had been done with her.... She would have died in the end, Djodie had no doubt about that.
"And it all worked out in the end. We're all okay." she added. Thanks to Ruisang. They all would have died without him.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

Djodie tried, he had to give her that and he appreciated her for doing so. Telling him that he anchored her and brought her back from the hallucination, giving the idea that he had indeed made a difference. While in fact he knew very well what he’d truly done.

Míngzé took a sip from his coffee. If he hadn’t been there that other guy would’ve saved her anyway. “Perhaps keep your hiking trips during the day. Or ask for some company.” It was safer during the day, especially with the countless pokémon lurking in the shadows around them.

We’re all okay.

At least that is what Djodie called it. Míngzé definitely did not feel okay, only physically maybe. If that was all she meant, then yes, he agreed. “Yeah, we are,” Míngzé said instead, a smile on his lips. “Were you able to get home safely?” He had no clear memory of what had happened after they were all safe. At some point they were all in the car together, but everything had become a blur.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
As he advised her to keep her hikes during the day, or with company, a puzzled expression painted her face. During the day... she was pretty sure it had been day when she left...
"That's - that's another weird thing... I am pretty sure it wás daytime when I left. I remember seeing the sun before - before it all went dark before my eyes..." How long had she been under that hallucination?

Bell pushed her nose in her leg and Djodie was pulled out of her thoughts. "But I will at least bring my Pokémon with me next time. I also found an Umbreon - she's here with me by the way - and you remember my Rockruff?
He is evolved into a Lycanroc. Quite cool, but quite a handfull honestly."
She chuckled. The redhead always started rambling if she felt slightly uncomfortable, hoping to find an easier topic of conversation.

Mingze asked her if she had been able to get home safely. "I have. Sang had dropped Lamar and me off at his clinic. I went home after that."
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

Míngzé narrowed his eyes slightly when she mentioned it turning from day to night in an instant. That was not something that should be possible, but at the same time it reminded him of something. Djodie kept on talking, but Míngzé was lost in thought as he sipped from his coffee. “Did something— do you feel different?” He was not someone who would open up to anyone, so he was being careful with the questions he asked.

His thoughts were still from their previous conversation when she made a topic change to her pokémon. Míngzé hummed in response, not fully registering what she was talking about. “Even they are sometimes powerless,” Míngzé said, lost in thought. A few months ago, when his life went to shit, he had Qiān at his side. The pokémon was strong and knew the basics of fighting, and yet he was not able to prevent anything.

At least she managed to get home safely. Which was good to hear. She deserved some piece after what happened. “I’m glad it turned out alright.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Djodie noticed Mingze's reaction and her expression changed towards worried.
As he asked her if she felt different Djodie paused for a moment.
"Different? i, no, I don't think so?" She answered a bit hesistant. It was a bit of a weird question, right? "Why?"

As the conversation shifted to the Pokémon she could see Mingze's focus wasn't really present anymore. He seemed to pull himself back and muttered that even the Pokémon could be powerless sometimes. Djodie swallowed, really hoping she would never get into a situation of helplessness again.

Djodie smiled as he confessed he was glad it turned out alright. "What about you?" she asked. "Did you and Sang get home safely?"
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A deep sigh escaped when Djodie reassured him that she did not feel any different. Slowly Míngzé shook his head before taking a sip from his drink. “No, it’s nothing, forget it.” If she did not feel any different at all, besides the normal, then it should be fine. He tried to concentrate on the warmth of his drink against his hands, not the cold feeling inside of him. These days you could never be too careful.

But she was fine, and that was all that mattered in the end. Now all they had to do was put this all in the past and see it as some normal freak accident.

When she asked about him and Sāng, he nodded. “Yeah, we live in the same building, so getting home was no problem.” The whole conversation they’d had on the way back was something between them. Same for the conversation he’d with Lucina after. “I slept like a rock that night,” Míngzé tried his best to give her an honest looking smile.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Ming quickly dismissed her confused question, so she decided to let it rest. She didn't want to be a bother or make the situation more uncomfortable then it needed to be.

Djodie hummed softly as Ming told her Sang lived in the same building as he did. "That's good to hear." Yet her mind was already wandering, replaying how that night went.
There was something she just couldn't let go off... "I - maybe I have seen things that weren't there, but..." She stopped for a moment to go over her words. "I almost got a feeling that Haunter was showing interest in you specifically..." It was not really a question, just something that had occupied her mind.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé remembered the Haunter all too well, how it was first floating in front of him, not attacking. There was a reason for it, one he was very much aware of. His affinity was exactly the reason for the Haunter’s strange behavior, and maybe if he’d tried harder, he could’ve kept it from attacking Djodie. .

By now his drink was empty and he placed it back on the table. “I suppose it didn't want me to intervene.” Míngzé raised his shoulders, talking as if all of this was normal. This was not a matter he would discuss with just anyone. “It also only attacked once it noticed that you were escaping. Perhaps he saw me as an easy target.” It was a good and logical explanation. “Then again, it is a pokémon, who knows what goes on in their head.” He leaned back into his seat, crossing his arms loosely over his chest.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron
Perhaps the Haunter hadn't want Mingze to intervene, was the explaination she got. It made sense, ofcourse. Djodie didn't really know what kind of answer she had expected. The redhead nodded and took a sip from her chai once again.

'Then again, it is a Pokémon, who knows what goes on inside their head.' Djodie hummed as she placed her empty cup back on the table. It sounded logical. Almost too logical for what had happened. Djodie swallowed, tried to force the thoughts outo of her head before she decided it was probably time for her to go. Duster was still in her apartment and she had loads to catch up on.

"Still, thank you again. It was good to see you again - you know - in better circumstances." Djodie said with a small laugh, also indicating that she would be leaving.
cactus

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content