Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Dark Empath

2 posters
Vince Newman
IC Posts : 406

Vince Newman
Afraid, he felt so afraid. Even with the little spark of happiness when there was at least someone that had seen what happened. The moment he closed his eyes, he could see that mark again, the people standing in front of him. The booming voice of his father, telling him that running was useless. Slumped against the glass of the car that drove him home, he retreated back deep in his own mind, trying to get out of this hellhole.

He couldn't ask more then getting dumped before the building. Which was probably the best, he didn't want Sang to worry more about him. In silent, the boy walked up to the front door, both pokémon following in his wake. He was only half aware of their presence, not able to look at either of them. It made him feel sick to think that would have happened of they had taken any of them. If they would try to punish him by taking the pokémon. A shivering went over his body when he stepped inside the building and made his way up.

Ignoring everything around him, he placed his head against the door. He started shaking when he stepped out of the elevator, tears burning behind his eyes. Opening the door, he didn't even bother looking around. If Sang would be home, he should notice soon enough. But the voice didn't come and it made him half-happy.

On auto-pilot, Vince made his way to the living room, only to turn around and step back to the bedroom. Sitting on the bed, he let the panic and anxiety out. Tears streaming over his face, unable to breath. He was getting sick and tired of this, of these games that his father was playing on him. Looking at the bags in the corner, he stood up. Maybe it was better...

With the bags half packed, Vince was broken. The realisation of what would happen if he would leave didn't make it better, it made it worse. Feeling sick, tired and abused by today, he had curled himself up in bed. Tears still falling on the bedsheets, he tried to not think about what had happened. An impossible task as he could swear he saw the symbol on every flat surface.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vinnie
Birthday: 01-04-2003
Sexuality: Gay
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981

Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
Red eyes followed the battle between the Vulpix and Dragapult. Ruìsāng stood a silent sentinel, his arms crossed, his gaze sharp with scrutiny. Occasionally, his voice would slice through the air, a command or piece of advice for his Pokémon. Yet, he largely let them spar on their own terms. This wasn’t detachment; it was a deliberate choice. Trust was a two-way street — to earn theirs, he needed to show his own. He observed their techniques and temperaments, seeking to understand and adapt their strengths to his strategy.

These training sessions were brief in duration, but they offered Ruìsāng some respite. In these moments, he could shed any façade, his gaze piercing the air with a focused intensity that was almost unnerving. Here, in the shadows, he found space to simply exist — to breathe.

But the solace of training always had to end, and he would return home. Home, where the boy he had grown unexpectedly close to would be. Vince had become a lifeline, a stabilising force against the destructive whispers that sometimes haunted Ruìsāng’s thoughts. He was a reason to stay.

Ruìsāng slipped through the door of his home, the Vulpix trailing quietly behind. The Dragapult vanished through the walls. As he navigated the silent house, a sense of unease crept up his spine.

Vince?” he asked, his voice tinged with worry as he approached the bedroom. His eyes darted frantically to the scene before him — the half-packed bags, the figure of Vince, curled up and crying on the bed.

Ruìsāng halted in the doorway. He longed to step forward, to comfort Vince, to ask what was wrong. But fear gripped him — the fear that Vince simply wanted to leave.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Sleep was out of the question, he still felt his heart beat in his chest as if it was trying to escape. Fear had him in its grip, too scared to move, too afraid to go to sleep. Vince had never been deep down, but with how lost and broken he felt right now, even darker thoughts surfaced. Thoughts that scared him, pushing him even deeper in his own head. Having trouble breathing, made him release the hold he had on himself, relaxing just the tiniest bit so that he could make himself a bit more comfortable.

Opening and closing of the doors hadn't even come through to him. He turned around, tossing and turning in bed, while he tried to find some place where he wasn't haunted by after images. Only when he heard a voice, he stopped. His heart skipping a beat, before making the panic even worse. Vince turned around, looking up to the man in the opening of the bedroom door. His own eyes golden with red from crying. He wanted to say something, especially when he noticed how Sang's eyes darted from him to the bags. Yet the understanding escaped him, it had been a moment of weakness, a hope that this all would stop if he would leave. But he couldn't. He couldn't leave this place, this region, him. "S-Sang." His voice trembled, he tried to sit upright. He pulled up his knees and wrapped his arms around them, looking away from the man. "I'm sorry."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng had always had a deep fear of abandonment, of being left behind by the rare few who managed to penetrate the fortress of his emotional defences. It was a fear so ingrained, he half-expected, almost predicted, such losses, hoping the foresight would dull the pain. Thus, upon seeing the bags, a familiar dread welled up inside him, his heart sinking even as a resigned voice in his mind whispered, See? I knew this would happen.

But then Vince's apology pierced through, propelling Ruìsāng to act. Never had he pleaded for anyone to stay – not his father, not his mother, no one. Yet now, he found himself teetering on the edge as he sat down beside Vince. He reached out, placing a hand on Vince's arm.

Despite his logical side suggesting that Vince's distress implied more than simply leaving, Ruìsāng was gripped by uncertainty, afraid of voicing the wrong words, more afraid of learning the truth behind Vince's decision to pack his bags.

What happened?” he finally asked, the unspoken why left hanging in the air.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
It was fear, fear that made him do these things, fear that he saw just a gimps of in Sang's eyes. Fear that made him want to cuddle up against him and know that he would be safe. But he wasn't, and he never would be again. He was fairly certain about that. They would find him again, and again, and with every attack their methods would get grittier and he would have to live with the knowledge that they would kill him one day. Yes, he was stuck in believing that this wasn't mare punishment, but straight up the death penalty, sentenced by his father. He had defiled him to much and this would be how he met his end.

Sang shot forward, which made Vince flinch in a moment, afraid to get attacked again. But the hand on his arm made him relax a bit, the uncertainty in his voice when he asked what had happened. Vince looked down, talking was the best solution, but it hurt, recalling it made his head hurt. With a shaky breath, he forced himself to look to the side, to Sang. "They returned." His words soft, fearful. "They used illusions, made me see things, hear things. Then they tried to abduct me." A new set of tears rolled down his face. "I'm so scared, Sang. I th-.. I thought that if I leave.." He hid his face behind his knees. "If I leave they might leave me alone, us alone." He followed softly. A sob interrupted his next words. "I can't do it, I can't leave. I can't leave you, Sang."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

There was the bitter realisation that even Lìeyàn's strength hadn’t been enough to protect Vince. A part of him was tempted to unleash his frustration on the Mawile, to find an outlet for the seething anger within. But he knew better. Lìeyàn had done her utmost; she had fought valiantly, just as he had instructed.

Vince's words pierced through Ruìsāng's turmoil, each sentence a hammer blow to his already racing heart. The anger within him swelled, threatening to engulf his reason, creating a sense of detachment from the world around him. His hands twitched with a primal urge to act, to unleash the fury simmering beneath the surface.

A dark whisper clawed at the back of his mind.

Destroy those who bring harm upon those you care for.

As Vince recounted his fear, his desire to flee to protect them both, Ruìsāng's soul was torn. He didn’t want to leave. The pain in Vince's voice was unbearable.

I’m so sorry,” Ruìsāng whispered. Tears threatened to spill from his eyes. Words failed him, lost in the emotions that demanded action, demanded retribution.

Yet, a sinister clarity began to form within him, a solution whispered by the darkness.

Destroy that which stands in our way.

The thought of retribution was intoxicating, all-consuming. He could almost feel the resolve hardening within him, the resolve to annihilate any who threatened Vince. Even if he’d lose him for it.

This should not have happened,” he said, his voice soft yet laced with a chilling rage. The air around them seemed to grow colder, though the space between him and Vince remained untouched by the frost of his fury.

Don’t leave. Stay here, with me. Tell me everything. Are you hurt?” he implored, struggling to suppress the tempest of rage and focus on Vince’s needs. He wanted to provide comfort, to be the protector Vince deserved, yet he couldn't shake off the monstrous identity he felt himself slipping into – a harbinger of chaos, as the voice had named him. Perhaps that was worse than a monster.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
The fact that Sang said that he was sorry and the tears he noticed with it, made this whole thing even worse. For him, Sang was a beacon, someone he would look up to, who could protect him and help him become stronger. To see that crumble, it hurt and made him scared. If this all would become to much that even the man couldn't handle it, meant that maybe... No, he had just told him that he wouldn't leave. Not in any way possible. It wasn't even certain that they would stop if he was gone, or dead. Maybe they would continue, punish Sang for helping him. And Kayn, and Madi. He sobbed again, the fear of losing his friends made him feel sick.

There was a very subtle shift in Sang, but it went completely past Vince as he tried to hid himself deeper in his own embrace. Still, there was something tugging in him, forcing him to look up. But his golden eyes couldn't, he wasn't strong enough for it. But closing his eyes made the mark burn in his vision and he gasped shortly, forcing his eyes open again. Fuck.

Slowly nodding, he accepted. "I don't want to leave." He murmured again. He would stay, for as long as possible, or acceptable. "My head hurts and my wrists, but that's it." He let himself go of his own embrace and showed Sang the rope burn marks on his wrists. He hadn't taken the time to cool them or do anything else with it, so they were still stinging a great deal. But the massive headache was the biggest problem right now. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being a good for nothing friend."  
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

As Vince revealed the extent of his injuries, only his head and wrists hurting, Ruìsāng's response was a mixture of relief and burgeoning rage. His eyes fell upon the burn marks on Vince's wrists, and his jaw clenched involuntarily, a new wave of protectiveness and fury washing over him. H

e took Vince's arm gently, avoiding the tender areas, his mind's eye painting a vivid, distressing picture of the restraints that had caused such wounds. The anger within him simmered dangerously, his teeth grinding against each other as thoughts of retribution swirled in his head.

However, Vince's words of self-reproach brought Ruìsāng back from the edge of his vengeful thoughts. Releasing Vince's arm, he shifted slightly, his hand coming up to tenderly cradle Vince's cheek. With a gentle swipe of his thumb, he tried to erase the traces of pain and doubt. “You are not useless, Vince. None of this is your fault,” he said firmly, his voice imbued with conviction. He couldn’t stand to see Vince internalise the blame; he wanted to envelop him in safety, to shield him from further harm, without making him feel trapped or powerless.

You’re incredible, but your father… he's crossed a line,” Ruìsāng continued, his thoughts briefly flickering to the idea of confronting Vince's father.

Come here,” he softly urged, gently coaxing Vince to move closer. Ruìsāng hoped that Vince would seek solace in his embrace, a stark contrast to the way he had been sitting. He made a mental note to ask Lìeyàn to fetch some ice for Vince’s wrists in a second.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Forced to look up, he didn't want to look Sang in the eyes, averting his gaze downwards. He found difficulty in accepting the words, not believing that someone as pathetic as he could be incredible. However, he did agree with the man that his father has stepped over the line. This was cruel, eve for his standards. And he had seen some things in his youth, when his father had forced him to watch everything.

"Even with pokémon, this is not working out." He whispered softly, it felt like nothing could protect him and he hated that he needed protection in general. That was for famous people, or weak ones. Ok, maybe he needed the protection. Softly, he sighed, letting himself fall in the embrace that Sang offered him. With his head against the man's chest, he closed his eyes, shuddering when the mark flared up in his minds eye again. Sleep would be a challenge if this continued. "I'm scared," he whispered against Sang's chest. "Afraid of what he will do if he finds you."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

In that moment, as Ruìsāng wrapped his arms around Vince, the world seemed to narrow down to just the two of them. His fingers brushed gently against Vince's upper arm, a soothing rhythm that brought a fleeting warmth to the chilly air of tension surrounding them. This simple act of comfort allowed Ruìsāng to momentarily push away the dark thoughts and looming threats, focusing instead on the man he held close.

Vince's worry regarding what his father might do upon discovering Ruìsāng sparked a soft, reassuring smile from him. “Don’t worry about me, bǎobèi. I’ve faced far greater dangers than your father,” he said, his voice a gentle but firm reassurance. Ruìsāng had survived encounters with true monsters and even formed an alliance with a dark, powerful entity. To him, a man, no matter how powerful, was still just a man.

Do you have any idea what he’s attempting to accomplish?” His inquiry was careful, probing for insights that might help them navigate the perilous situation. Meanwhile, he signalled to Lìeyàn for some ice. The Mawile paused, a momentary confusion crossing her features, until her gaze settled on Vince’s wrists.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
For a moment, he could forget everything. He could just be here, in Sang's arms, letting the warmth seep through him. For a moment, it was just the two of them and nothing else. Nothing that could hurt him, or them. This was the state of being he wanted to stay in, completely disconnected from the angry world outside. But he knew, he couldn't. It just wasn't doable. "Still doesn't take away that I don't want to see you get hurt because of me." He muttered when Sang told him that he had faced greater evils then his father. That might be true, but he knew his father and how dirty he would fight to get what he wanted. The booming voice still ringing in his head, the fear that it brought with him. The compelling he felt to bow to the great Seok-Jin Taeyang.

He shook his head when Sang asked if he had any idea why he was doing all this. "The first attack felt like he was just trying to scare me, to show me that I couldn't run away from what I am or am suppose to be. But this.." He stopped, breathing deeply when his heart started racing again. Fear made his hand clammy and he sighed deep. "This felt like a death sentence."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

It’s not about being in danger because of you, but taking that risk for you. Which I will do,” Ruìsāng clarified with a measured calmness. The distinction was crucial in his mind; ‘because of’ implied fault, and in this situation, there was none to be assigned. If Ruìsāng was tethered by a leash, it was one he had willingly handed over to Vince.

As Vince detailed the progression of the attacks — from an attempt to intimidate to what now felt like an outright death sentence — Ruìsāng's expression darkened considerably. The idea that Vince's father would resort to lethal means simply because Vince chose a different path in life was unthinkable.

He would go to such extremes just because you’re living your own life?” he questioned, disbelief tinged with a rising tide of anger. “He’s the one who deserves such a sentence,” Ruìsāng muttered, his voice a venomous hiss.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Vince fell silent, not knowing how to respond to something like that. He couldn't remember the last time someone was willing to take a risk for him. He was good with people, even better with pokémon, but he was always the one sticking his neck out for others, getting that returned as a strange sensation for him. "Thanks." He muttered softly, as it was all he could say right now.

There again, a shift in the air, one that made him gasp for air for the shortest moment. He didn't want to think about what was going on, what Sang was thinking about. heh ad a feeling that it wasn't something pleasant and he had seen enough destruction for today. A shuddering filled his body and he slinked further back in Sang's arms.

When asked if his father would do such a thing simply because he was living his life, he sighed and nodded slowly. "First he wanted to get me back to Baesin, so that I could take over when he's dead. Or at least, I believe that was his plan." He stopped, he had been trying to rationalize this for the last couple of hours. "Now. Now I think he needs me dead so that I won't provide a threat and so that my younger brother can take over. He only cares for his own reputation and I'm actively going against everything he stands for."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

As Vince explained the twisted logic behind his father's actions, Ruìsāng's expression grew stonier. The initial plan – to coerce Vince back to Baesin to assume his father's mantle – had morphed into something worse. Now, Vince was viewed as a liability, a threat to a carefully cultivated reputation, with his death deemed necessary for his brother's ascension. To Ruìsāng, such cold calculation was abhorrent, a clear sign of a man who saw his children as mere chess pieces in a power play. A person so consumed by their own machinations was beyond redemption; they were blind to reason and empathy. Such an adversary couldn’t be reasoned with – only defeated.

He won’t win,” Ruìsāng declared with steely conviction. While he couldn’t guarantee a path devoid of pain, he was resolute in ensuring that Vince's father would not achieve his vile objectives. In his arsenal was the ability to sell his soul to the devil. Surely, that counted for something.

What will his next move be?” Ruìsāng inquired cautiously, hoping Vince might have insights into his father’s strategy. As he spoke, Lìeyàn reentered the room, nudging his leg gently. Gratefully, Ruìsāng leaned to retrieve the ice she brought, giving her a firm but affectionate pat on the head. He then showed it to Vince, hoping he’d offer his wrists so he could hold the ice against them and offer some relief.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He won't win... Easy words to speak when you weren't raised in a land such as Baesin. He had seen his father win battles far beyond his reach, greater threats made disappear with a press of a button. But still, he was still alive. He was winning and he knew that that was the one thing that his father couldn't bare; losing. Maybe there was hope, a little bit at least. However, he didn't want to think about what Sang had in mind to make his father lose more. As he was not going back to that place, never again.

When asked about what his father's next step would be, Vince thought. Maybe he should have paid more attention in the war room when his father forced him to sit at the meetings. As if that was fun for a ten year old boy. "He sent the Crimson Blade, but the second attack was different. The leader, he had another tattoo, one I couldn't place. So if he's taking even more drastic actions." Vince gulped, shivering in terror when his thought about it. "He might make this personal, come and grab me himself." He whispered, before he held up his wrists so that Sang could take care of the rope burn. He hissed softly when the cold ice hit the burns, but sighed in relieve once most of the pain disappeared.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng absorbed every word, his mind racing to devise a strategy that would prevent a third strike. His fingers traced absent-minded circles on Vince's arm, a comforting gesture as he held the boy close, a silent vow of safety. Guilt gnawed at him for not being there during the previous attacks. He should have been present, should have shielded Vince from harm.

The possibility of Vince's father taking even more drastic steps, perhaps coming in person, sent a chill down Ruìsāng's spine. He pressed the ice gently against Vince's wrist, his movements controlled but his mind ablaze with barely suppressed rage. Deep down, part of him yearned for the confrontation, for the chance to turn the tables on this menacing figure. Like his previous encounter with the monster, Ruìsāng was ready to face this threat head-on, ready to do whatever it took.

Don’t even think about running. Stay with me, okay? I’ve got you,” he urged softly, his voice a mixture of resolve and a plea. The last thing he wanted was for Vince to bolt into danger, to think that fleeing to his father would protect Ruìsāng. He was determined to end this, one way or another. Even if the aftermath saw Vince turning away from him, at least he would be safe, free from the clutches of a father who viewed him as nothing more than a pawn.

Unless, of course, you yourself wish to leave,” he added softly.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Vince shook his head. "I won't." He promised, when Sang told him to stay with him. "I will not leave you." He felt his heart hurt thinking about leaving him, being alone again. He had nowhere else to go, nobody that he trusted as deeply as Sang. Returning to Kayn was a possibility, however, he didn't want to fall down that rabbit hole again. He did made a mental note that he had to give his old best friend a call. They had some serious talking to do.

Watching Sang working on his wrists, he started getting over this whole situation in his head. It was absurd what his father was doing, only so that his younger brother would be able to take over. He was nothing more then a pawn, disposable. Vince shuddered by that thought. This meant that he had to stay inside, at least for a couple of weeks. Softly sighing, he placed his head back against Sang's body. Thinking about this made his head hurt even more. And wave after wave of tiredness washed over him.

Sang's words made him look up, resolutely shaking his head. "I won't." He repeated. "I can't leave you." Pushing himself up, he kissed the mans cheek. "My dad can drop dead, he can't make me give up all this."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng pondered whether he should caution Vince against making such promises. Their relationship, if it could even be labelled as such, was delicate, unspoken – one that existed in the spaces between words, between unacknowledged feelings. It was a connection neither of them had dared to define or question.

Yet, Vince reiterated his resolve not to leave, to remain by Ruìsāng's side. It was an unfamiliar position for Ruìsāng, to be the one someone else was afraid to lose. As Vince spoke, a mix of hope and scepticism danced in Ruìsāng's mind. He knew all too well the ruthless nature of men like Vince’s father, and a part of him feared that this situation might not resolve without dire consequences.

I hope you won’t regret that decision,” Ruìsāng whispered, his voice tinged with a softness rare for him as he gently brushed a stray lock of hair from Vince's face. If Vince could truly accept all the hidden shadows within Ruìsāng, perhaps there was a glimmer of a shared future. Yet, the thought of Vince eventually uncovering the full extent of Ruìsāng's darker nature loomed over him like a spectre.

Don’t let him dictate your life. Focus on your New Year’s resolution. By year’s end, make a mark with your music, and believe he’ll be out of your life for good,” he advised, a note of resolve in his voice.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Regret his decision. He couldn't believe that he ever would. Still, a little hesitant he shook hi head. "First he sent me away and when I made a living for myself, he sent a hit squad?" The thought alone made him shiver for a moment. He had known that his father was not the best, that much had been clear from the start. But he never thought that the man would go to such extremes. "Maybe it is better for Baesin if my father would step down." He swallowed hard, as that meant that the mantle would fall on his shoulders. But he also knew that his father had been a good leader for the region. It thrived under his regiment, and he could never fill his footsteps. Vince shook his head, that would be a worry for another time.

He sighed softly, before he chuckled when Sang reminded him of his New Years resolution. He was right, he should worry about his dreams here, and not the future of his region. He was only a pawn in a much bigger play. "I should start writing again. So much happened lately that I hadn't had the time for it anymore." He confessed, changing his position in such a way that he could look up at Sang without breaking his neck. "Soon, I hope."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Vince's turmoil over his father's cold calculation was clear, and Ruìsāng felt a surge of empathy for him. The realisation that one's own parent could regard their child as nothing more than a chess piece was a bitter pill to swallow. At Vince's suggestion that it would be for the best if his father would relinquish his power, Ruìsāng let out a derisive scoff. “Men of his ilk would rather sink than see their dominion crumble. To them, a life without control is no life at all,” he observed with a grim certainty. In their world, the game and the control it granted were of utmost important, every player and piece expendable in the pursuit of victory.

Hearing Vince express a desire to return to writing, caused Ruìsāng to hum softly. “I can arrange a desk for you in the… other room. It’ll be your corner, free from interruptions, if you want,” he offered.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content