Accountswitch

A real surprise

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE
of DARKNESS SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

When Míngzé first bought this, there had been a plan. It was supposed to be a small Christmas present. For some reason or another, he never managed to give it to Sāng. Then the whole ice lake fiasco happened and now he felt like it was no longer a Christmas present, but rather a Thank you gift. That had not been his intention. The gift wrapping had small Santa Clauses on them, so hopefully his intention was clear.

A sigh rolled over his lips as he stood in front of the other’s door. Normally he would know if Sāng was home, but now he had no idea. The small present, a wrapped bottle of one of the cheaper Don Julio tequila resting in his arm. Míngzé held his cane in his other hand before finally knocking on the door.

All he could do now was wait. Then there was a sound at the door and he knew Sāng was home. Perfect. If it had been otherwise he feared he would never be able to give him his present. “Hi,” he said when the door opened.

Vince

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Vince Newman
IC Posts : 406

Vince Newman
He had the house for him alone, Sang was out doing Arceus' knew what. He would never shackle the man to his house just because he was here, so he let him go whenever he wanted. Vince himself however, decided to stay put. He wasn't feeling good enough to go outside, a small hint of fear still lingering within him. So, he decided to make it cosy with his pokémon and watch a movie. Which meant that he was sitting with a pillow on his lap, bowl of popcorn on top of it, stuffing his face. Bulsin sat next to him, half asleep but with his ears pricked so Vince knew that the Flareon wasn't actually asleep. Winnie, however, was fast asleep on the couch, softly snoring at the same time. Vince didn't even notice it any more. Just like that he didn't notice that Nazar had made himself comfortable in the hood of his hoodie, with the 'head' of the 'Teddiursa' faceplanting on his shoulder.

It wasn't even a horror movie, still Vince jumped up when he heard someone knocking on the door. His first thought was that it had to be Sang, but he would just use his key. Which made him wonder who else would stop by? Trying not to let his mind go in overthinking mode, he waddled towards the front door. His hand rests on the handle, taking a deep breath before opening the door. Vince frowned when he recognized the man standing in front of the door. "Ming?" His voice slightly higher in surprise. Maybe this wasn't the best moment to open the door in sweatpants and a hoodie, oops.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vinnie
Birthday: 01-04-2003
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE

Míngzé got a better hold on the present, holding it against his chest so that Sāng would see it immediately. It took a while but finally the door opened. Perhaps the other had been busy with something else. There was a small smile on his lips, one that slowly disappeared from his face as the other spoke. That was definitely not Sāng. He was hit immediately by a familiar yet uncomfortable feeling.

“You.”

Normally Míngzé had trouble recognizing people he did not know that well, but he would not forget that voice easily. His voice sounded much colder and there was not a trace left of the smile he wore earlier.

Did he make a mistake? Was he at the wrong door? It was definitely a possibility. “I’m sorry, wrong door.” He held the bottle closer to him, covering most of it with his hand as if the other might pull it out of his hands at any moment. Míngzé tried to sound as neutral as possible, but he could hear how displeased he sounded.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
It all went by so fast. He hadn't even fully comprehend who was standing in front of him and it looked like that feeling wat mutual. There was a shift in dynamic, when the raven-haired man recognized him. The cold answer that he got, gave Vince the chills and he looked to the ground.

When Ming said that he was at the wrong door and turned around, Vince knew he only had one moment. If he wanted to say something, he had to do it now. "Ming? Wait!" He wanted to set a step outside, but something stopped him. Fear trickling into his system, flashes of getting attacked. He shuddered, the apartment was safe, the outside was not. Balling his hand to a fist, he hit the frame of the door, not too hard but to ground himself again. "I'm sorry." He bowed his head low, as he had been taught all those years ago. "I'm sorry for disrespecting your wishes and pushing onto you." From the hood of his hoodie, the Mimikyu had woken up and now casually moved to Vince's shoulder, to sit there and watch the show. "I wanted to help you, but it was me who needed that help first. I should never have done that, and I'm sorry."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

Míngzé made to walk away. After the last time, he really did not have any desire to talk to this man. To think they even lived in the same building, which was strange too. He was sure he did not make any mistake when he first knocked on the door. Then how did he end up here?

Behind him he heard the other’s voice telling him to wait. How he wanted to simply continue and ignore his request. Instead he stood still again and looked over his shoulder, his eyes narrowed. There came a sorry, which only made him further narrow his eyes.

“Helping me?” he repeated with a raised eyebrow. Míngzé turned around again to face the other. Vince had said sorry three times in less than a minute and as far as he was aware, the other sounded genuine. But was it enough? “You called me an empty husk, without even knowing me,” he said through gritted teeth.

That day, it was those words that in the end had stayed with him until even now. Everything else had been Vince pushing his buttons, making him relive things he rather forgot about. But those two words— It reminded him of that empty part of him he always carried with him. A while ago he lost something, and he could feel its absence even if others were not aware of it.  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
People always say that words couldn't hurt as much as sticks or stones. But he knew that that wasn't true. Especially in the past few weeks, he knew that words could hurt even more. Vince bit his lip when the man retaliated. Subconsciously he rubbed over the mark behind his ear. Nazar now sitting on his head, in between his messy green hair. He felt small, as if every word that Ming spoke removed an inch of his body. Getting smaller and smaller with every sentence. Slowly, he shook his head and sighed. "I'm sorry." He said once more.

Looking up to the man, the one that he had hurt while he tried to help him. Because he hadn't been able to see that he was hurting him. "I'm sorry that I said those words to you. You told me to stop, I should have. I hurt you more then helping you, I said things that I never should have." He wanted to say that Ming wasn't an empty husk, but the feeling that filled his chest when he looked at the man didn't let him see those words. There was a slither of truth in them. But he wouldn't tell Ming that. "It understandable that you won't forgive me, but I couldn't let you go without telling it." His eyes went to the bottle that the man was holding as if he's life depended on it. "If that's for Sang, you can give it to me. I'll tell him that it's from you, he should be back in a couple of hours."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

It was always difficult for him to truly understand people. There was so much that was lost to him due to the simple fact that everything non-verbal did not exist to him. Now it was no different. Míngzé looked at Vince as the other once again uttered a sorry, and then another. His eyes were slightly narrowed. At least he understood where he went wrong last time, but it happened and that was the real problem.

Starting this discussion would be a waste of time as Vince already understood. From what Míngzé had gathered the other was rather young, at least early twenties. That was probably part of the problem. A soft hum left his throat. He was way too stubborn to simply forgive and forget. Things were not that easy.

Upon hearing the mention of the present in his arms, Míngzé pulled it a little closer. “No need,” he said calmly. It was his present after all and he did not even know why Vince was here in the first place. Now he knew he was not mistaken and this was indeed Sāng’s place, only he had a visitor. “I’ll give it to him some other time.” While it was only a simple present, it was still personal. He did not need someone else to give it. 

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content