Accountswitch

A doctor's appointment

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE
of DARKNESS SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

The moment he stepped inside the backroom, his arms prickled with goosebumps. In that instant he wanted to turn around and leave immediately. There was something about this place that told him he should not be here. It was Sāng who told him about this guy, which meant he trusted him. That was the only thing that kept him from listening to his instincts.

His grip around his cane thightend. The place was dark with only a few lamps scattered around. They offered him no guidance at all. It made things worse, causing Míngzé to linger at the door instead of heading further inside. No, he was fine standing here.

“Sāng sent me,” Míngzé announced his presence, glad that his voice was steady as he spoke.  Someone should be here, even though he could not see them. He must confess that he preferred Simura’s weird store in the front over this place. At least that place did not give him goosebumps all over. But if he wanted to discover more, he had to consider all his options.

Viktor

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Viktor Vektor
IC Posts : 770

Viktor Vektor
For the past few days he had been working on a design. Drawing it out, finding a shop and making an appointment wasn't that bad. Waiting for the deadline, that was the worse part. Especially with the little patience that Viktor was known to have. So now he had changed it twice already and had been ready to just do it himself. However, tattooing on your own back was impossible, so he actually had to wait till the artist found a spot to help him out. So to take his mind of it, he had thrown his shirt in the corner of the clinic and jumped into the ring.

Jackie had been eager for another sparring round, since the last time had been some time ago. There had been happening so much in between, that he had almost no time to fight anymore, which was a shame. So equipped with his boxing gloves, he started circling around the Hitmonchan. The bell rang, Nix taking his job very serious, and Viktor started, just like old times.

He spat out the bit, when he heard someone walking down the stairs, as he was sitting in the corner. Wiping the sweat from his brow, he stood up and threw the boxing gloves in the middle of the ring. Jumping over the edge, he grabbed a towel from the chair and draped it around his neck, the moment someone called down. Sang had sent him? Viktor had no idea that he would be sending people down to his clinic. But sure, this wasn't an inopportune moment, he could handle it. Still, finding a shirt was low on his priority list. Walking up to the front of the clinic, he glanced over the man standing before the metal gate. "What can I do for you?" He asked.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vik, Viky, Victor, Vicktor
Birthday: 05-04-1978
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

This place, there was something about it. An unsettling familiar feeling tried to creep up behind him, but did not get the chance to do so. With all his might he tried to block it out, push it back, ignore it, whatever would work. No matter how hard he fought, it was always in the back of his mind, brushing against his consciousness and sometimes it won.

Míngzé remained at his spot near the door, it was nearly the only place where he felt remotely safe. There were noises all around him, but none of them told him anything. A cold shiver ran down his spine, but he was unsure if it was simply cold, or that it was caused by this place. It was Sāng who sent him here, which was the only reason he was still here.

Finally a voice sounded and Míngzé immediately straightened his back a bit and turned toward it. There was barely any lightning so he had no way of knowing where the man was exactly, besides audible cues. “Sāng told me I should ask for a Viktor, I assume that’s you?” Míngzé asked as he dared to take a few steps further inside, using his cane to make sure he would not trip over anything.

“He said you might be able to help with an uh— problem I have.” Each time it was difficult to talk about this kind of thing, especially to strangers. “Regarding— well— an affinity.” As always he felt the need to run the moment he told someone about it, and this time he had not even explained what kind of help he required.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
Using the towel draped around his neck, he quickly dried his face and went looking for a suitable shirt while listening to the person who had stepped into the clinic. Viktor had not yet been fully acclimated to the fact that his clinic was filled with horrors and that the affinity within him ten folded his sensitivity for it. He was used to feeling the same emptiness around Sim after they had spoken about it. But to find a second person who felt empty, it made him curious.

Putting his head through a shirt, he hummed an answer when the person said to him that Sang had told him to ask for Viktor. His eyes glanced over the cane that the boy was holding, before noticing that he was looking into nothingness. He had seen it before, Arceus, he had cured a few even. "How blind are you?" He asked, if the kid had some of his vision, he could help him by turning up the lights a bit. But if he was fully blind, he had to be more careful. There were enough dangers within the clinic after all.

So, Sang had told him that he could help with an affinity. Viktor sighed, he hadn't even told the boy about his own affinity. But maybe he could do something for this kid, he sounded troubled. "Depending on what you need, kid." He answered, sitting down on his chair and turning towards the person. "Why don't you sit down on the chair first and tell me what it is you need help with."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

The fact remained that Míngzé had no idea what exactly this place was. It was not like Sāng had explained to him what this man did, only that he might have the skills to help. When this man asked him about his blindness, he was caught off guard immediately. Míngzé blinked a few times before slightly narrowing his eyes. “Pretty blind, why?” It was such a weird question. Not the first time someone had asked him, but normally not the one they started a conversation with.

The chair. Míngzé remained where he was, only raising an eyebrow. “If you could tell me where it is?” he asked with a strained smile. This chair the other talked about might be very obvious, but not to him. There were big lights on the ceiling, but that did not give him enough information.

“It’s rather controversial,” Míngzé started. Before coming here he had repeated the same question in his head over and over again, but now that he was actually here, he almost forgot how to speak. “Do you know of a way to remove one?” he could hear himself ask followed by a deep sigh. This, all of this was a gray area, this whole shop. Not exactly legal, which made him only question the safety further.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
"I'll turn up the lights so you can find your step." Viktor said, turning his back to the kid. He had been used to the low lights, so turning it up was something he would almost never do. Narrowing his eyes while the store brightened, he looked over his shoulder to the man.

"Ah, this blind." He sighed, gesturing to Jackie to go over to the kid. "Don't be scared, this is Jackie, my pokémon. He can guide you to the chair." Meanwhile he sat down on his own chair and turned to the kid.

Getting rid of one. Now that was a question he didn't get any day. Viktor hummed softly, leaning against his table. "I can't say that I have tried it before. Tell me, which affinity are we speaking off?" He already had an idea what the affliction was that the kid was dealing with, but he needed conformation. The story between him and Sim had been so different, he started to see that every affinity and how they were given was different. He would have to sever the connection he had with the soul of Lysa's father for instance. So he wondered, what this kid had done to be left for dead.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

HYPOCRITE

At the man’s comment he couldn’t help but roll his eyes as he pressed his lips in a thin line. There was no way for him to know what was a chair and what was something else entirely. A pokémon was sent his way and somewhat hesitant he accepted their help towards the chair. It was not a normal one, but rather one you had to lay down in. Like you’d use at the dentist. Instead of laying down, he remained seated on the edge as he folded his cane.

Míngzé drew a sharp breath when the man confessed to having never done something like this. It shouldn't have come as a surprise. Why would anyone come with a request like this one after all? It was uncommon, as most people saw them as a good thing. “Great,” Míngzé silently muttered to himself. Combine this with the horrible feeling this place gave him, and all his trust disappeared instantly. Then again, he was aware this would always be experimental, no matter where he went to.

“Ghost— I’m stuck with the ghost affinity.” It was part of him, but the question was in what way. Was it part of him like his arm was? He could cut off his arm and still live. Or was it more like his heart, where he would die without it. “So far I haven’t been able to find anything that could help.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
He may be older then the kid in his clinic right this moment, his ears worked perfectly fine, although it was a rarity considering his old profession. So when the kid breathed in sharp, Vik chuckled softly. This was probably not the answer that he had expected. But he wasn't lying, he had never removed an affinity before. Till a few days back, he hadn't even encountered one. So yes, this was out of his expertise, but that didn't mean he wasn't willing to give it a try.

Viktor nodded when the kid said he had a Ghost Affinity, which meant that his hunch was correct. The same emptiness he had felt around Sim, that was probably coming from himself as well. The feeling as if something was missing, filled with something that wasn't entirely your own. Rubbing his chest, he rolled his chair closer to the one in the middle of the clinic. "How did you get it?" He wasn't for pleasantries, if people wanted to have small talk, they could go to Sim. He would ask for the information that he needed, nothing more, nothing less. "I need to know what happened to you to see if there is anything I can try." For now, he wouldn't speak about his own experiences. Although he had a feeling that this kid could sense the same thing as he did.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

One simple question was enough for his mind to tell him to run. It was always the easiest solution to any problem, but more often than not, the wrong solution. If he ran now, he would only miss out on the possibility that he could get rid of this. There was no saying if this man could even help him, but it was more than he had before. With his finger he started tapping on his leg. “I died. A part of me did anyway,” Míngzé said very matter of fact.

“It’s all rather vague, really, I don’t remember everything, but it happened, I know it did. I wouldn’t be here anymore if I did not accept it back then.” He had been drowning, slowly and painfully with no other way out. He could explain everything he could remember, but he did not feel like that was necessary. “Call it a moment of desperation, a last resort, but now I want it out, gone.” If it was possible, he did not know, and Sāng had already warned him about the dangers a while ago. Right now, Míngzé simply wanted to know what options he had left.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
Just as he had expected, this kid had a wholly different story from his and Sim's. It was these things that made it interesting, that gave him the curiosity to figure things out. When he was still a surgeon, a procedure was set in stone and only if a better method was found, things would change. Here, now, he could do this own, work the way he wanted. Maybe not that ethical, but it had bore results.

The thing that interested him more, was that this kid had actually died. Where he and Sim had accepted death within themselves, this kid actually lost a piece of himself that brought him back alive. Viktor hummed softly, wondering what kind of tools he would need for this. "Did you ever think about the fact that this affinity is keeping you alive?" He spoke, while walking back to his table to search through his notes. "You said you died, accepted this affinity in an act of desperation." He hadn't done much research on his own affinity, besides the path he had been forced on by Lysa's feather. "The logical conclusion would be that if you remove it, you perish." Turning around to look at the kid. Had he even consider that?
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé came here for help, something he would never do in the first place. Something like this, something considered to be a gray area or rather illegal, was not a place he was comfortable with. Yet, if he wanted a solution to his problem, he saw no other way. In the end it would all be worth it.

Only, there came no solution. As the man started talking, Míngzé clenched his jaw and turned his eyes towards his hands that rested on his lap. The answer was no, but only because he did not allow himself to think that way. It would mean that there was no other way out. That he had to live with this curse tied to him. As the man continued speaking, he slowly started shaking his head. “I refuse to accept that,” he said through clenched teeth.

He held onto his cane like it was a lifeline, as if that thing was the only reason he could stay calm. “There has to be another way. I’m losing my mind here,” a part of the desperation slipped into his voice as it was a bit more high pitched than it usually was. “I hear and feel things of which I’m not even sure if they are really there.” With one hand he motioned to his head. While that whole nightmare he felt he’d been through could not be real, it had felt all too real to him. He could still remember the voices, and now throughout each day he heard the silent whispers around him. In a way they talked to him and it scared him.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
While he liked to think that it was purely a generational thing, maybe it was just that he was used to so much more then others considering his profession and side work. He had felt the same thing when he talked with Sim about her affinity. Both of these kids had problems with the fact that they could sense death, that it spoke to them. Viktor, meanwhile remembering his days gravedigging and dumpster diving, didn't seem to have much of an issue with it. His biggest problem was the mystery that had come with it. He could deal with a spirit tied to him, as it wasn't in his way. He felt empty, but if he was honest with himself, he had been long before he gained this affinity. Only people like Sang and Sim could fill that emptiness lately.

Viktor sighed, shrugged and leaned against the table. "Removing a soul is almost impossible, as it isn't a tangible thing. Removing death from within you, without killing you again, might be tricky. And then again, if we kill you again, who can say you're not just coming back again." It would make a good note in his research though. He would almost thank Sang for bringing him a test subject. "It is an option, if you're willing." Viktor thought. "Or we trick the affinity." His voice lower, as if he's half speaking to himself. "Put you this far over that it thinks you're dead. Almost stopping your heart, let it leave on its own to find another host." He silently thanked Lysa for not being here. He didn't want a ghost affinity attached to her.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The idea of dying, again, sent a cold shiver down his spine. All of it felt wrong, or perhaps it was the idea that it could go wrong. He did not want to die, which is why he was in this situation in the first place. The idea of death scared him, like it did so many other people. Yet this man talked about it so very casually, as if it was all very normal to him. Míngzé’s expression was one of utter worry and fear as he looked in the direction of the man.

As he sat there, it felt like the walls were closing in on him bit by bit. “That does not sound very safe,” Míngzé managed to say, his voice almost a whisper. Going to the brink of death— again. All color had disappeared from his face, leaving him paler than probably even a corps would be. Yet, it was more of a solution than anything he;d come actress before. “What if it goes wrong? What if my heart stops completely? I don’t want to die.” Míngzé was not sure if this was a risk he was willing to take. Then again, he wouldn;t know if he were to actually die, would he. Everything would simply stop. But that— that was the scary part.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
Viktor sighed when the kid told him that it didn't sound save. "Contrast of popular believe, medicine and healthcare aren't always safe." But a plan was forming in his head. "We have to take risks to see what does and doesn't work." Walking back to the chair, he stopped at a little cabin next to the chair. Pulling out one of the drawers, he shoved some of the stuff to the side, before finding what he was looking for.

"You look like you've already died. Lie down." Viktor told him calmly. The kid was almost as pale as the spirit standing behind him. "I may have lost my medical license, I do know how to start a heart again. And otherwise, I'll replace it with another one." He smirked to the kid. Before him, even while knowing that the kid probably can't see what he has in his hand, he held a little glass vial. "You're not going to feel a thing. This will bring you in a state of euphoria, the feeling as if you're, as they say "going into the light". I've combined it with a very potent beta blockers, that will slow your heart rate thus far that it mimics the effect of being dead." He explains. "The choice is yours."
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

It was true, at that moment Míngzé did not feel too good. This information combined with months of stress weighed down upon his shoulders. He laid down, thinking that it would do him good to get a moment of rest before he would stand up. If he did that now, he would surely fall to the ground. That was definitely not what he wanted to happen. Míngzé folded his cane and placed it on his stomach.

The words told by this man felt like they were meant to calm him, and for a moment they did. Until— “Replace it?” Míngzé repeated as his eyes shot open. It felt like his heart was skipping more than one beat as he listened to what the man was telling him. By placing his hands next to him, he pushed himself back into a more sitting position, only to come in contact with the other’s arm.

“Waitwaitwaitwait,” Míngzé breathed out while placing a hand on the man’s strong arm, his fingers digging into his skin. “You want to do it right now? Here? With no preparation at all?” Panic slipped into his voice and the hand with which he held the other was visibly shaking. One leg was already off the chair again, although it would take a bit more effort to get out of it.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
He chuckled with a dangerous sparkle in his eyes. "I haven't lost a patient in all the years I practice. Starting a heart is just as simple as stopping one." There was a very deep whisper in his mind that told him that maybe it was better that he wasn't allowed to practice medicine anymore, knowing what he was about to do and how he toyed with human lives.

Curious he looked at the hand that got placed on his arm, raising a brow in the process. What was with this kid? He wanted to have his affinity removed, but once he gave him a solution, he crawled back. Viktor sighed, removing the hand from his arm. Maybe he should talk with Sang about the company he was keeping. "I did all the preparation while we were talking." He casually mentioned, but he did step back a bit. "Still the choice is yours." Shrugging, before turning his back to the kid. "I may not have a waiting list for my procedures, but you're hardly the only one coming here. You can come back another day."  
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

It was not only this place, Míngzé realized, that gave him the creeps. The shiver down his spine, the goosebumps prickling his skin, the unease with each breath he took. This man was part of it too. Something about him was off. There was this weird feeling that told him to leave this place immediately and be done with it. Sāng might trust this man, but he sure as hell wouldn’t. Even the prospect of an affinity free life did not convince him.

I did all the preparation while we were talking.

Míngzé shook his head quickly, now throwing both legs to one side of the chair, away from this man. “No,” he breathed as he was having trouble unfolding his cane. “I did not come here to have someone stop my heart, or replace it.” This was madness. Absolute and utter madness. “Sāng might trust you but this—” an empty laugh escaped his throat at the absurdity of what could’ve happened.

His legs felt unsteady as he moved away from the chair and the man. “No,” he repeated. “I’m not just going to let you stop my heart.” Not without checking out possible other solutions. So far he had none, but the person whose store was connected to this place also promised she would look into it. While he did not believe in all her witchcraft, he trusted her more.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Viktor Vektor

Viktor Vektor
Viktor could help but laugh a bit when the kid got up in an almost complete state of panic. The idea to play a little bit more with him, pushing him back in the chair and using the restrains on him played in his head, but he decided against it. Sang might not like the idea of him torturing his friends. He did shrug only when the kid went on an entire tirade about that nobody was going to stop his heart, or replace it. Which was a shame, he hadn't done that one in years. Full heart transplantations were rare in numbers. "Then I advice you get used to that affinity of yours, kid." He mentioned casually while leaning against the table, watching the kid try to make a run for it.

"Next time, don't try to waste my time. You're not the only one that needs help around these parts. Either don't chicken out on the last second, or stay away from my clinic." His voice a little less friendly. He hated to be wasting time and energy in someone that decided against it in the last possible moment. Still, he kept himself calm and collected. Getting angry at possible clients was not a good thing. And who knows, if he really couldn't find anyone else to help him with that affliction, this kid would be back in no time. He was counting on it.
+ Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé was glad when he could feel the ground beneath his feet again. He still vaguely knew where the door was, which was good enough for him. The sooner he was out of there, the better. The worst part was that this Viktor acted like all of this was normal. As if the idea of someone stopping your heart was normal. Maybe if the man had given him some time to think, then sure, but now? Like this? No way he was going through with it.

On unsteady legs, he made his way towards where he came from, ready to leave this place. “Don’t worry, I have no intention of ever coming back here.” There was a sense of loss too that formed inside him. His one lead. The only option he had for now, and then this happened. He was scared, and for good reasons. Who wouldn’t be afraid if the risk of dying loomed over their head?

Life was on his side for once as he managed to find the exit. “Have a good day,” he muttered before making his exit. With a shaky hand he was searching for his phone, which was way harder than it should be.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content