Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Sacrificial lamb

2 posters
Lucina Roth
IC Posts : 617

Lucina RothEnhanced Affinity
She couldn’t deny that she had been a little surprised when Ming had sent her a message telling her that he needed to speak with her. Of course she had told him the last time she had seen him that he could come to her if he needed help, but up to that point he hadn’t really done so. It had always been the other way around, so the thought of refusing hadn’t even come up as she told him that she would come to the meeting place.

Now she was outside waiting for him to come, she thought it would be easier for them to meet here before either heading inside or somewhere else. She didn’t know what his plans were exactly. She had decided to only take her Selunox with her for now. Since the pokemon had evolved from an Amigou it had become more protective of her and it didn’t like leaving her side. So she waited, the pokemon at her side till she saw Ming approaching. ”Ming.” She called out to him, still mindful of her jaw, which hadn’t recovered completely and was still feeling sore when she moved it, but the pain had become manageable at this point.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Luci
Birthday: ???
Sexuality: Still figuring it out
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

Before he sent the message, he’d been contemplating if it was the right first move. After he sent the message the same thoughts were still racing through his mind. The task he’d been set up with was a difficult one. To find someone willing to give it all up for a noble cause. Only one problem; few people shared his view. Most thought him mad for his beliefs. Those people were blind to the suffering around them. Which had become evident during the last festival. They might not thank him immediately, but down the line they would.

Lucina was already waiting for him downstairs. As was normal these days, Jiu was accompanying him, wearing the harness that would help him. “Let’s walk,” Míngzé said as he greeted her. While he could not be completely sure this was a good idea, he at least knew Lucina had partially the same goal. Only she hoped it would give her answers. “How is the jaw?” A nice icebreaker if you asked him.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Lucina Roth

She didn’t need to wait long before Ming was there. She watched the pokemon at his side, this time another one and one that she hadn’t seen before yet. ”You have a new pokemon?” Last time she hadn’t been to his apartment and only the Houndour had been with him, so she had no idea if he had had the pokemon already then.

As they started to walk, Scarlet followed close behind her, the Selunox following closely in her footsteps. Of course Ming would start about the jaw, but with how much he had helped she could at least tell him that it was going better. ”Better, though still sore, but that will most likely stay for some time.” The doctor had told her as much and this much was bearable compared to the pain she had been through before. ”What did you want to talk about?” It was easiest to just get it out of the way like this, depending on what it was of course. Though she was curious what Ming would want to talk about.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

“Yeah, I’ve had her for a few weeks now, but she’s still getting used to everything.” Even so, the pokémon really wanted to help him and was almost always at his side. It was in a way nice and he felt safer this way. She often gave him the impression that she knew what she was doing, which helped him a lot.

Míngzé nodded shortly. “That’s good.” It would make this whole conversation easier. Last time everything had gone through her phone, but that would not work now. With this question behind them there was no evading the real subject. Míngzé responded with only silence as he kept walking. His eyes were directed at something straight in front of him.

“The thing you lost last time we met.” The artifact. Although he could not name it, that would reveal too much at once. “I’ve been wondering what it is for. Its power is too great for a normal person to withstand, that makes me wonder what it can do,” Míngzé repeated what they had discussed last time. Only now he entered the conversation with more information. “When I discussed it with Sāng, he seemed to believe it is dangerous and a threat. What do you think?” He turned his head towards Lucina, awaiting her response.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

Ming told her that he had the pokemon for a few weeks now. That would explain why she hadn't seen her before now. It had been some time since she had been to his place after all. But it was good to see that the pokemon was getting used to things and seemed to be helping him. Ming asked about her injury, probably to know whether she was able to have a conversation normally now, which should be possible.

She couldn't say that she was surprised when Ming started about the thing she had lost last time. It was why she had had no choice but to go to him. Even if she had been there to show it to him if she had gotten the courage to do so. But she had first run into Sang and he had taken it from her. Just the memory of that moment made anger simmer in her veins, but she knew that she had to be patient for now at least. He repeated the information she had given him last time, making her know that he wanted to start with that, what followed though was something she did not expect. He had talked with Sang about it? Why would he have done that? She couldn't deny the hurt and anger that she was feeling at that moment. ”You talked with Sang about it?” She couldn't hide the anger from her voice. Even if he was asking for her opinion here, that was not how he should have gone about it. So Ming knew more about it, otherwise he wouldn't have gone to Sang. He would have had no reason to involve himself in all this. ”Are you satisfied now that you know what he stole? What that artefact is?” She was getting angrier with each word. ”It might have been my one and only lead to answers and he took that from me. So no, I don't see it as a threat if that answers your question, but if you're taking his side, then this will stop here.” She answered him firmly, anger still simmering inside her. She wasn't going to do this if he was on Sang's side, then this was over.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Míngzé clenched his jaw at the angry tone Lucina used against him, his eyes slightly narrowing as he gazed towards her. The pokémon at his side also noticed a change in her demeanor and a low rumble echoed from deep down her throat. Softly he tried to hush her and placed one hand on her head. What he did not see was the twitch of her lips and how her red eyes stared at the girl. “It is fine,” he said calmly, although his voice betrayed that he was a bit nervous.

Her answer has not changed. It was her road to answers and she was angry because she’d lost it. During his conversation with Him, Míngzé had never gotten the impression that this artifact would hold answers, but it did hold change. “On the contrary, I think it is a problem he has it.” There was a sting in his chest as he said those words, his voice strained. Only saying these words felt like betrayal, and this was only the beginning. But all would be well. No blood would be spilled and those few people he mentioned would be safe. Nothing had changed.

“You said that it holds a lot of power, but in order to use that power, someone has to die.” While her emotions were taking control, he tried to stay as calm as possible. It would not help if they drew attention. Bit by bit he was revealing certain parts because he felt like he could trust Lucina, if only because she was determined to find the answers she was looking for and she firmly believed these artifacts held that knowledge.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She saw the change in his demeanour, he was clearly trying to stay calm, something that she obviously couldn’t, not if he was on Sang’s side. Why would he go and talk with him after what had happened between her and Sang? She just couldn’t understand that. She ignored Ming’s pokemon, despite it clearly not being happy with what she was saying to its owner. Her Selunox was not much better, keeping a watchful eye on the Ninetales, making sure that nothing would happen to her. This could end badly if this were to go wrong.

Things were spinning through her head, things she could say here, should say here if Ming admitted that he was indeed on Sang’s side. So she didn’t expect him to say that he thought it was a problem that Sang had it. All the words she had wanted to say just stopped there and for a moment she was staring at him, wondering if he was even speaking the truth. ”Of course that’s a problem.” She said, the anger still not completely dissipated, but at least she wasn’t angry at Ming, but more at the whole situation.

She was trying to piece the bits and pieces of information that she had together. One thing was clear, Ming knew about the artefact, because the next thing he said was something she hadn’t told him, but she wondered why he specifically was talking about the fact that someone had to die. Shēn had asked her whether she was ready to sacrifice everything, herself, but everyone else too. Could it really be as simple as only one person needing to be a sacrifice? ”Yes I did say that.” She stated. ”But I never said that someone needed to be sacrificed.” She added, though it didn’t surprise her at all and she wasn’t hiding that fact from Ming. ”How do you know that?” She was coming up with something and a part of her wished that it wasn’t true, while another part wanted it to be true. It might make things easier, but she didn’t know whether he was just guessing or that there was some truth to it. She didn’t want to get any hopes up before they would be crushed once again.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Even if one of those pieces was currently out of reach, it was a good thing that he had an idea of where it was. He could never be too sure where Sāng would hide it, but it was definitely somewhere difficult. A place people would not immediately go looking. For now however, that was not yet his concern. It was best that they remained separated for now, it gave him more time to do his part. It seemed Lucina’s anger was lessening again after hearing this. Which was good. If they were going to work together, he could not have her being angry at him too.

“You didn’t,” Míngzé said with an affirming nod. There was only so much she had told him last time. Small puzzle pieces that were not nearly enough to understand the full picture. The remaining pieces he had found after. “Someone who knows much more about this told me.” As he talked he kept walking at an unhurried pace. They were simply going out for a stroll after all.

He continued immediatly. “They also told me that person has to do it willingly.” An unwilling subject would also do the trick, but make it a whole lot more difficult. It did not matter, Míngzé had already decided that he would not force someone to take this burden upon them. That is exactly why he told her it had to be willingly. “But where do we find someone like that? I know you would do anything for answers, but this?” Míngzé turned his head towards her. He always told her that her own life was not worth the answers she was so desperately seeking, and he still stood with those words. “Who in their right mind would want to do this?” He kept talking while his thoughts were racing to find answers. Ever since his conversation with Him he had been thinking about this, but so far he came up empty.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

No she didn’t, so he had heard it from someone else. Though he wasn’t clear about where exactly from. Only that it was someone who knows more about it. Could it? Was Ming also involved with the deity? Her brows furrowed, it would make things easier and at the same time it wouldn’t. Would Ming be selfish, just like Sang had been? And since when has he been like this? She had never had the feeling that Ming had been the same as her.

Someone willing? That was something she hadn’t known, only if she was willing to sacrifice others and that had been an easy answer to her. She quietly watched Ming as he wondered where they might find someone like that. She stayed quiet for a bit as they walked, because she needed to think this through. She thought back on what Shēn had told her, how he had asked to bring the pieces to him so he could put them together, but did that mean that he was willing to be a sacrifice? Or had he intended her to be that sacrifice? His words had been a bit unclear on that part now that she thought back on it. Only that she might be their best hope yet. And that could indicate multiple things.

”Alright, let's get something out of the way.” She started. ”This ‘someone’ that knows more, is that the deity?” And if that was the case what had Ming done to gain His blessing? What had he promised him? She didn’t know about her own situation, but she was quite sure people didn’t just normally end up like this, not without promising something in turn. ”And if so, what did you promise in turn?” She first wanted to know about this before she was going to tell him anything more.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Jiu was still tense at his side. He could feel her walking closer to him than necessary and each time she moved he knew it was because she looked at Lucina and her pokémon. She was ready to do anything necessary to protect Míngzé. He made an effort not to give her too much attention, choosing instead to focus on the conversation that had grown silent. Since Lucina had found one of these artifacts herself she at least knew something about them. The question was how much. Only recently he had learned more after the little conversation he’d with Him. But for all he knew she also had a similar thing happen.

Lucina’s voice broke through and she ignored all he had said. Or at least, mostly. Now it was his turn to remain quiet as he thought about his answer. What was the point in denying that little detail? The fact that she brought it up meant that she too had been in touch with Him. “Yes.” He clenched his jaw, remembering the last time he spoke about this. Although he had a feeling Lucina would have a different reaction.

“To find someone willing to sacrifice themself to unleash that power,” Míngzé answered her question. In a way that was the truth, he did however leave out the part where he swore his alliance and gained a new affinity in the process. The fact that he was looking for someone already meant he was on a mission for Him. “In all honesty, I don’t know where to start. Where do you find someone that wants to shoulder this burden?” A memory came back to him, causing him to dig his nails into the palm of his hand. His mind raced back to his first conversation with the Deity and when he told Him that it was his to bear and his alone. That was before he was presented with the chance to aid in the removal of them for everyone.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She had wanted answers before giving more information, who knew what Ming would do with it if she just gave it to him. Ming admitted to having received this information from the deity, which meant that he might have the dark affinity too, though she couldn’t be sure of that yet. Ming hadn’t told it straight out after all and she hadn’t done so either. She hadn’t confirmed it to Ming at the very least, though it wouldn’t be strange for him to make the same conclusion she did from this.

Ming still seemed to be concerned about where to find someone who wanted to face this burden. She knew that there might be a chance that Shēn would want to do it or knew someone who could. Unless he had meant her of course. She had told Shēn that she was willing to do anything for answers, but that wasn’t the same as giving her life for Ming or the deity. Ming had to have his own motifs in this, his own reasons for wanting to unleash the power.

”I might know of someone, though I’m not sure whether he would want to be the sacrifice himself.” She started. She would have to ask, though then she might have to admit to him too that she had lost the artefact. ”I met him in the mountains and he knew more about this.” She wasn’t going to give Ming everything here. ”But he only told me to bring him the pieces and currently I have none, so I don’t know if it is a good idea to go there.” She really didn’t feel like going there without even a single piece.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Normally this was not something he would discuss with Lucina, but his options these days were limited. The reason he did trust her was because of her own goals. While they were far different, he knew for a fact that she also wanted to bring the pieces together. That is all that mattered. It did mean that he had to reveal certain things, but so did she.

Míngzé slightly narrowed his eyes when Lucina mentioned another party. He could not help but immediately distrust this person. “Who is he and how does he know about this?” he asked cautiously. Already he was trying to figure out how it was possible someone knew about these artifacts. They radiated an ancient feeling, just like the place where he had found his. He had never heard about them before in any way

Lucina was already talking about going back to him, but not empty handed. He shook his head. “Why would you even bring them to him? Do you even know why he wants them?” Question after question left his mouth. He would keep the details surrounding the one he had in his possession to himself, especially after this newfound information. As long as he did not know who this man was and what his plans were, he would not bring any of these parts close to him. Yet it seemed Lucina’s plans were different.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She knew how it had sounded, but Ming hadn’t met Shēn, hadn’t seen what he could do. But it wasn’t strange that he would want to know what kind of person Shēn was and how he knew about all this. ”I don’t know exactly who or what he is.” That was the truth. She only had his name and had seen what he could do. ”As for how he knows about this, I suspect it might have something to do with the spirits he can communicate with.” She had been in contact with them herself if only for a moment. She hadn’t been able to understand them, except for the fact that they had clearly not been happy with her.

She had never said to Ming that she would give them to Shēn, it was just that going back without even one might seem stupid, especially if they wanted something from him. Though she had been thinking about giving them to Shēn, that was the truth, but she was not going to tell that to Ming now. ”I didn’t say I would give them to him, only that if we would want to ask him to be the sacrifice that going empty-handed might seem a bit stupid.” It wasn’t as if Ming could think of anyone.

”And it’s not like you have anyone for this right?” She bit back at him. ”You just said so yourself, so don’t go shooting down the one person who might be able to help us in this.” There might be others, but how would you bring it up with them? That was the hardest thing. Not that she minded, she would have been ready to sacrifice anyone, but the fact that they needed to be willing was a bit of a problem. ”Or are you planning on being the sacrifice yourself? You’re doing this for your own cause right? So why is that not worth your own life?” She had been ready to lay down her life if it meant she would get answers in the end, but with how this was going, she started to doubt that laying her own life down here would be the right step. It did mean that she would need to sacrifice someone else, with or without Ming’s help. But if she could use him in all this, things would be easier.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

A sigh was on the tip of his tongue, but he managed to swallow it back. Of course she did not know who he was, yet had already decided that he was worth her trust. Míngzé could only feel his own trust slip away. When he had his affinity, he could sense the spirits, but he had no idea what they said. This man however could communicate with them, meaning he had a greater understanding of his affinity. This made him doubt if he would be willing to give up his affinity in the process. Míngzé’s lips remained a thin line as he stayed quiet.

Míngzé again shook his head, not agreeing with whatever she said. “Why? I don’t think it is stupid at all. Another thing I was told is that we best secure this sacrifice before all pieces find their way towards each other. If you ask me, its best to go and ask him before showing them to him.” His first goal was to find someone who wanted to do it willingly. It was not his problem that this person wanted to see them. If he so desperately wanted them, why would he not go look for himself. As the thought flashed through his mind, a frown formed on his forehead. Lucina had her goals, Míngzé had his, but what did this third party want? “Besides, time is a luxury we don’t have. Unless you want to steal back the piece Sāng has, you will go back to him empty handed.”

His jaw clenched at her question, although the answer was an easy one. “I like being alive.” And he was scared of dying. There was so much he still wanted to do, and hoped he could do after all this was over. When the world was back to what it was before affinities were a thing.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

Did Ming really think it wasn’t stupid to go back to the person who had asked you to bring all the pieces just to tell him you had lost the one piece you had and to ask him to sacrifice himself? Even if they needed to find a sacrifice before all the pieces were brought together, she wasn’t even close to that point right now. ”You make it sound so easy,” She told him, he had come to her, told her about the sacrifice and now it was clear that he expected her to fix that for him.

She might have agreed to do it, to help him if he had offered something in return, but his next words just didn’t sit right with her. It was as if he was commanding her and if there was something she could not have it was that. Ming was almost more selfish than she was. Why was every single one of the people involved with this so selfish? It was clear that Ming had a reason for wanting to bring the pieces together, a cause that he deemed worth risking such power for. But if he thought she was just going to do what he said, then he was very wrong. His words saying that he liked being alive were just a confirmation.

”Good luck with finding someone then.” She started, something had changed in her demeanour. She was clearly not pleased with what Ming had been saying. ”Because if you think you can just use me, tell me what to do, then you’re very wrong.” She hadn’t told everything about Shēn, knowing that it would be quite hard for Ming to be able to find the man with what she had given. ”You can’t just expect people to do what you want, especially when you haven’t given them a reason to do so.” Was she really going to do this? She might still be able to use him, but it wasn’t worth being pushed around. And who knows, with a little push Ming might either make a mistake or come running to her to help him and both would benefit her in the end. Meanwhile she could try to visit Shēn on her own and discuss the newfound information or she could try to gain more information first. ”Did you really think me that easy? That if you showed me we might have the same goal that I would do what you wanted? You can’t do that to someone without giving something in return.” This wasn’t on the same level as he had done for her before. They were talking about sacrifices and power beyond comprehension, that was not comparable at all. It was up to him now, what he would say would determine whether she would walk away here or whether they could work together.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

“Because it is,” Míngzé countered her immediately. Not every part of it was, but with a possible solution in sight it was a bit easier. “Why is it you want to bring him at least one of those pieces?” It did not make sense. Unless that man would be angry for returning without any, but then it would only mean that he might not be that trustworthy. Míngzé drew a sharp breath in an attempt to maintain his composure. As he grew frustrated, he noticed how the Ninetales next to him did too.

In a frustrated gesture he rubbed his eyes as she continued creating problems where there were none. “I don’t have to find someone else if you go up to him and ask him.” She made it sound like he was here asking her to be the sacrifice herself. If that had been his goal, he could understand her anger but not now. In a swift motion he lowered his arm again.

And it only got worse. “Can’t you see I’m here trying to help you? I came to you, told you about what I think is crucial information, and this is how you react?” A staggering breath escaped after the words left his mouth. It was the same. Exactly the same as before. It was not fair that he kept things from her, but at the same time her reaction now showed he was right in doing so. She too probably would not get it if he revealed more. “I’m not here asking you to kill yourself, all I’m asking is that you—” but before he could continue his sentence a lump formed in his throat. He could not get the words over his lips. He wanted her to ask someone to do exactly that. Kill themselves.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

He really thought it to be that simple, just gather the pieces, find a sacrifice and put the pieces together. She just couldn’t believe it would be that simple, not with what Shēn had told her. No mere mortal could wield the power of all four pieces together and she assumed that it meant that Ming wouldn’t be able to do so either. She didn’t think he would be able to even with a sacrifice, so it wasn’t that simple. He asked her why she wanted to bring him at least one of those pieces, but she didn’t feel like answering that honestly. She had already told him more than enough and here it was Ming who kept on questioning her.

Wouldn’t that be easy for him? If she made that trip up the mountains again on her own asked Shēn whether he wanted to be the sacrifice or what he had been planning to do for the sacrifice. It just didn’t sit right with her. ”And if I do that, what will you be doing for all this, since to me it seems like you just want me to do all the hard work.” He had already admitted to talking with the deity, so that meant the deity at least favoured him a little or just thought that he was easy.

He came here trying to help her? Maybe there was some truth in that, but he clearly had his own agenda and one that he wasn’t sharing with her. ”Yes and I gave you more information in turn.” She told him. ”If you came here to help me, then you would have come with more. One of the pieces or even information about them, but no, the only thing you came with was that you talked to Him and that he told you to find a sacrifice. That will be useless without the pieces, have you not realised that?” Yes, allies would make things easier, but not when they expected you to do everything.

”Find someone to kill? So that their blood won’t be on your hands, but mine?” Easy wasn’t it? Asking someone to find a willing sacrifice, but not doing so yourself. ”If you had the guts you would have asked someone directly, but you didn’t. Instead you came to me telling that you had no one. Had you expected me to offer myself?” She hadn’t known him to be this selfish before, but it became more and more clear with each word he said.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

It was infuriating that no one seemed to understand what he was getting at. They were all so quick to judge. That is how it went with Sāng and how it was going with Lucina. “Nothing to say now, I see.” Had this man promised her anything in return if she brought him the pieces? Míngzé was aware she lacked some knowledge about the world, making her somewhat of an easy target. Perhaps that is what happened. For all he knew, she already had a whole plan set in motion that started with this one stranger.

Míngzé really thought he would have an ally in Lucina, someone who would understand and help. Sadly, things proved to be otherwise. He came to a standstill and turned towards her. Talking this way was a bit easier, especially since the whole conversation became heated. “Finding a plan B in case this stranger of yours does not want to do it anyway.” Or more like finding a needle in a haystack. In all fairness he did not know where to start. Probably online, going through some forums.

“In case you forgot, I was not the one who lost one immediately,” he said, his voice carrying a sharp edge. Not that it mattered much for now. Míngzé was glad he knew who had it so he did not have to worry about it for now. It gave him time to do his part. First a sacrifice, then all the pieces.

Because of her next words he fell silent and Jiu too noticed the difference. He knew the weight of his task, but hearing it like this made it come crashing down. “No, of course not, you are my friend,” he said. A loud and deep growl sounded as the ninetales moved and came to stand between the two. She bared her fangs at Lucina, a warning to back off. Normally Míngzé would tell his pokémon to stop, but Lucina’s words had caught him completely off guard.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She didn’t feel the need to say anything more about it, not when Ming was clearly not listening to what she had been saying. ”Not to you about that no. I told you that I never said I wanted to give the piece to him.” And that was the last thing she was going to say about that. He was free to think what he wanted about that.

Ming stopped walking and so did she, the tension was rising between both of them, she could tell and so could the Selunox. The pokemon was clearly on guard in case things would go south. ”Really? Finding a plan B, that’s the best you can come up with when you have nothing to go on?” She wasn’t holding back her words now, not when he was acting like this. ”And where do you plan on starting with that? It isn’t that simple to find someone willing.” He should know that.

His next words hit home hard, the sharp edge to his voice only making it worse. ”That’s low coming from someone who hasn’t gone through what I have gone through to get that piece.” She spoke icily. ”You have no right to judge me just because you have spoken to Him once.” She knew she had lost the piece to Sang, that was something she couldn’t change, not yet, but Ming judging her for that was something that only spurred the anger simmering inside her. ”Come back after you have gone through the same, then you will understand how I feel about losing it.” The worst was that she had meant to show it to him that day. If only she hadn’t hesitated then they might not be where they currently were.

Ming’s silence was something she noticed, but so did his pokemon who decided to stand between the two of them growling at her. She glared at the pokemon as it dared to bare its fangs at her. It might be a warning, but it wasn’t one she was going to listen to, they had gone too far already. Scarlet placed her body between her and the Ninetales, the Selunox despite being smaller keeping a close eye on the Ninetales. Even if there was a difference in level, it was clear that the pokemon was ready to defend her. His words that followed were some that a part of her wanted to believe, but why would he ask this of her then? ”What kind of friend would expect their friend to get blood on their hands for them?” She bit back, venom dripping from her voice. ”But sure, keep your hands clean, but stay out of this too then. Don’t get involved if you’re not ready to dirty your own hands.” He should stay far away from all this if this was how he was going to act. ”Or be that friend you claim to be and come clean with me. Everything. Right here right now, otherwise this is over.” And then she would regard him not as an ally or a friend.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

There she was again with the fact that she would not give it to him. Míngzé shook his head and looked away. “Yet you are so determined to bring them to him,” he said impatiently. All he wanted was for her to let it make sense, but it only got worse. No one wanted these pieces for no reason. They were no bookweight, or a nice souvenir. Not that it mattered, at this point he knew she would not tell him what their plan was. But there was something, he just knew it.

“Yes, because I don’t trust plan A will work.” More that he simply did not trust this man at all as Lucina has not given him any. The fact that she clearly kept something from him did not help. They had to find someone else too, but apparently she did not think it was enough. “Well I don’t know, I’ve never done anything like this, have you?” Míngzé fired his question at her as he threw a hand in the air.

His words had been horrible, but there was no way to take them back now. They had a clear impact on her as she told him about all the hardships she’d gone through to get her hands on this. Míngzé firmly kept his lips together. He was very close to revealing his own story, but he did not want her to know. Not anymore. Another comment lay on the tip of his tongue, but he swallowed that one too. No matter what it meant to her, she still lost it.

Jiu puffed up her chest, making herself as big as possible. Hints of embers danced at her teeth. One wrong move and she would snap. Míngzé felt her pulling on the harness, but he tried to keep her back. If he wanted to avoid any bloodshed, he could not stay much longer. There was a challenge in her voice as she spoke to him. He was knee deep in this whole mess, there was no going back now even if he wanted to. Even if she did not want him involved in any way. Unless he told her everything right now. “No,” he could hear himself say. “I’ve nothing left to tell you.” The words felt final, too final, and likely they were. It was fine. If no one wanted to help or understand him, he would take matters into his own hands.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content