Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

[se] True colours

3 posters
Lamar Sault
IC Posts : 436

Lamar SaultAttuned Affinity
He had thought about who to ask to come with him to the festival of colours. He didn’t want to walk around alone after all, especially not with all the powders that would definitely get into his hair and clothes. He had purposely chosen some clothes that were allowed to get dirty and had his hair loose, hoping that it would be easier to get the powder out later on. A few days ago he had sent Míngzé a message inviting him to come along and he had agreed to it.

After the blind date he thought the other might appreciate being invited again. They had talked about new experiences, though if Míngzé had refused he would have understood too. It could get very busy here and it wasn’t like the other could see the powders coming. For now he had arranged to meet near where the festival was. This way they wouldn’t be surprised by some coloured powders yet.

He had taken Ripple with him, the Oshawott was looking around at all the people, wondering what was happening. He just hoped that the pokemon would behave himself, because it could be mischievous from time to time, but it was mostly when the Popplio was involved and he hadn’t taken her with him. The moment he spotted Míngzé he walked up to the man. ”Míngzé,” He greeted him.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Mar, Mary
Birthday: 15/06
Sexuality: Bisexual
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

If it hadn’t been for that one message he received he would not even have thought about going to the festival of colors. There was so much going on, so much in his head. This was no time for festivities. Which is why his initial response was ‘no’, only to change it to ‘yes’ right before he sent it.

For once he was wearing sunglasses. With everything going on at this festival, it felt better to protect his eyes by covering them. Míngzé couldn’t help but feel nervous for more than one reason.

Míngzé waited until he heard a familiar voice call his name. “Lamar, how have you been?” he greeted the man while a smile broke through the nerves. All of this felt so very normal. No artifacts, no Deities, no troubles. Just the two of them enjoying a day together.

In the background he could hear the festival. The chattering of people, music to create ambiance. It was what he focused on. He was here to enjoy himself and live his life away from everything else. Those thoughts he pushed to the back of his mind and all of his attention went to Lamar. “I thought about bringing an umbrella, but that would’ve been kinda stupid, wouldn’t it?” He smiled a bit awkwardly.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Lamar Sault

He watched as the man approached, apparently wearing some sunglasses. It might not have been a bad idea to take his own with him, but he had forgotten. He just hoped none of the powder would get in his eyes, but he assumed that it would be fine. ”I have been well, you?” It hadn’t been that long since they had seen each other after all, but things could have happened in the meantime.

At the mention of an umbrella, he doubted that it would have worked. He himself hoped that a shower would be able to wash it all away, especially out of his hair. ”They will probably aim for where there is no umbrella then.” He agreed. It might help a little, but not enough, he was quite sure about that. ”Though if you want to, I can do my best to shield you.” And he had taken the Oshawott with him, so if it got really bad, they could always get a cold shower from the pokemon.

”I’m sure we will be able to wash it all out though, so best we enjoy this.” He said with a smile as he looked Míngzé over for a second. He knew that it must not be easy for the man to come here and walk around. With the praying he hadn’t seemed to like the crowds that much either. ”What would work best for you?” He assumed that Míngzé would know what he meant with the question.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

“Good too, busy, but that’s to be expected.” Not only because of his relatively new job, but everything else surrounding his life too. This was the first time in a long while he made some time for himself and he was sure to enjoy this day.

Míngzé hummed as Lamar told him about the flaw in his plan. “Which is why I decided against it.” Bringing an umbrella might only draw more attention to him, and place a target on his back. A soft chuckle sounded. “No, I think I’ll be fine. A warning every now and then will suffice. Be my eyes.” People might not immediately notice he was blind, not with everything going on. He could hardly blame any of them for anything. They were only simply enjoying the festival.

A very valid question was asked and Míngzé held out his hand a little. “It’s easiest for me if I hold your upper arm, right about the elbow ditch. All I’ll do is follow and use my cane to notice what's on the ground.” Without it this whole experience would be too much. “That is if you are fine with it,” Míngzé added quickly. He would not want to force the man to do anything he did not want to do.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

In his eyes it was good to be busy, though too busy like he was sometimes meant that you didn’t have time for the things you liked. Though lately he had tried to manage it better, going out from time to time like today and the blind date.

He knew that an umbrella would have been a bad idea and even offered Míngzé to be his shield as much as he could, but the man told him that if he gave a warning from time to time, that would be fine. ”I think I can manage that.” Just warn him once someone tries to aim for his face or he would shield him anyway. It wouldn’t be too much trouble really.

”Of course I am fine with that, means we won’t lose each other either when there’s a crowd.” Because that is always a challenge even if you had two people who could see. He grabbed Míngzé’s hand that was not holding the cane and placed it on his arm. This would be easy enough. ”Shall we go then?” Once they were on their way it would only be a matter of time before they would be hit with the first colour.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé nodded in agreement. “Exactly.” He’d preferred not to get lost in a place like this, where he would never be able to find his way back. But with someone at his side he was sure it would not happen. He trusted Lamar enough for that, especially after Lamar had ensured he got home safely following their blind date. “Let’s go,” he said with a nod, waiting for Lamar to take the lead so he could follow. His heart was beating a little faster in his chest for what was to come. Uncertainties still had control over him and he could only hope things would go great.

The houndour that had been sniffing something came running towards them as soon as he noticed they were leaving. Míngzé hadn’t dared bring Jiu with them, afraid it would be too much for her given her past. Dai however was as carefree as they came. All he could hope was that the creature would keep following.

Around them the music got louder and the crowd thicker. Unconsciously he walked a little closer to the man next to him, trying to find a bit of safety among all of this. “Could you describe what you see?” he asked him, his tone a bit carefully. Míngzé was aware of his extra needs and did not want it to become too much as he still was unsure what Lamar thought of it all.

Something brushed against his skin, causing his nose to itch slightly. As they entered the grounds, someone immediately threw a cloud of dust at them. The yellow color from one side and light blue for the other stuck to his black attire immediately. Míngzé turned his shoulder slightly towards his side, shielding himself in the best way possible.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

Once he got the confirmation he started moving. He could guess what they could expect from this festival, though it wasn't the same every year of course. The Oshawott followed closely after them, curiously looking at the Houndour that Míngzé had brought with him, but not trying anything for now.

As they got closer to the festival itself, the music became louder, the crowd thicker. He noticed that Míngzé moved closer to him and he made sure to pull him out of the way if someone didn't notice the cane in time. ”There are a lot of people.” He started, but knew that that wasn't what Míngzé wanted to know. ”I can see some stalls a bit further ahead and there are definitely people already covered in all kinds of colours.” It was a start to describe it.

The moment they stepped onto the grounds multiple people threw some of the powders at them. Yellow and blue mixed together as they covered them. He moved his body slightly to try and shield Míngzé a little as another powder was thrown, this one green. ”I guess they really start the moment you enter.” He said as he knew he must already be covered in several colours, just like Míngzé was. ”Are you alright?” He asked him, knowing that the first time might have been a bit too sudden.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Dai stayed rather close to him, only straying off when something caught his attention. SO far he completely ignored the water type that was with them, not even offering it one look.

Míngzé raised his brow at the first description. Sooner or later he should probably tell the man how to properly do it. For now it made him none the wiser but he kept it to himself. “Any decorations that catch your eye?” Míngzé asked, a gentle push in the right direction.

It did not come as a surprise that they would start the moment they entered. “I expected nothing less,” he answered rather amused. Already they started, meaning it might only get worse once they went further inside. It would be fine, it is just powder, nothing else.

Lamar also voiced his worry, only for Míngzé to wave it away. “It is only powder, I’m sure it won’t kill me.” Last he wanted was for the other to spend his time here worrying. Softly he pulled on his arm, urging him to move forward.

“I’ve heard there should be a lot of food,” Míngzé said to change the subject. He looked around as he walked, but there was nothing he could separate. His sunglasses helped against the multicolored surroundings, it might be too much otherwise.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He had no idea whether he was doing a good job of describing things. It had never been one of his strong points and now Míngzé was asking him to describe things and it was definitely not as easy as he thought it would be. So when Míngzé asked him what kind of decorations there were, he understood that the man wanted more detail, but how to do that. ”They have really done their best to put up colourful decorations. Some colourful fabrics have been used to decorate the stalls and the street itself has already been covered in all kinds of powders.” He really didn’t know what more to say here.

He should have expected them to start the moment he entered, but he had that slip his mind. Míngzé seemed to have been better prepared, which was good. It meant that he wouldn’t need to worry as much if the man was alright or not, though he did hope that he would tell him once something was wrong.

”Yes, there are quite a few stalls a little further ahead. There should be all kinds of delicacies.” Of course he had heard about it too, though there would be quite the few things to choose from if that was the case. ”Are you hungry?” They would just have to avoid brains and spicy food, then things would most likely be fine.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Mingze carefully listened to the description he was given, although it was still hard for him te picture. There were a lot of colors all around them, which was as far as he got. Throughout his explenation Mingze nodded a few times, accompanied by a hum, although most flew over his head. He was asking too much of the man. "It sounds great," he said with only a hint of a smile on his lips.

One of his fears was always that he would be too much for someone. Not everyone could deal with the special needs that came with him, something he was well aware off. Mingze tried his best to ignore that fact. They were here to enjoy themselves after all.

The question fell if he was hungry. "I could definitly eat something. Maybe something sweets? Candy?Unless you are starving." Again it was hard to say what exactly he wanted, as he had no idea what was available.

God, he was really going to fuck this up, wasn´t he?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He would definitely need to look up how he could best describe something in the future, because despite the fact that Míngzé seemed to be listening, he got the feeling that he was failing at describing things correctly. He would just have to find out what would work best at one point, but at the moment he hadn’t much of a clue.

So when the subject changed to food he knew that was something that he could do. It wasn’t like he was starving, but having a purpose was definitely nice. And if they opted for sweets, at least they wouldn’t be getting something spicy then. ”Sweets are fine,” He agreed and it was easier to eat while on the way too.

”There are several options if we want to go with sweets. Candies are an option, we can go for candied apples, but they do also have taiyaki in all kinds of pokemon shapes, they should have red bean paste inside.” Or maybe there were other options, but it would definitely be something sweet. Though if Míngzé had other ideas that would be fine too.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

As they walked, Míngzé stayed close to Lamar. His cane would luckily help a bit to keep people away, although he made sure to make the swings a bit smaller. It would not be the first time someone tripped over it because they failed to notice it.

Míngzé listened to what Lamar had to say. He mentioned the different kinds of sweets he saw. All of them sounded lovely, making it difficult to choose. “Candied apples take too long to finish.” It would take a while before he would get through the layer of sugar. “Taiyaki sounds good though.” The idea that they were in the shape of a pokémon also caught his attention.

“Do you see any candy floss around?” Everything else sounded good too, but for some reason that was something he was really craving. Pure sugar that was not filling at all. Given the festival, he expected they would come in a lot of colors if there were any.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It was very much true that candied apples took quite some time to finish. They did mostly put a generous amount of sugar around it, which would take time. Taiyaki was a good option in his eyes, it would be an easy treat and it wouldn’t take too long to finish. Just the fact that they had it in all kinds of shapes was interesting too.

But he had decided to give Míngzé the choice here and at the mention of candyfloss, he started to look around. It shouldn’t be too hard to find a stand; he had seen several people walking around with some of it. ”I think I do see one,” He saw a man busily spinning a stick around, which collected the threads of sugar.

He started guiding Míngzé that way, because it would definitely be something light to eat for now, though they might get a bit sticky, which was completely fine. ”So it seems like they have all the colours of the rainbow here, if there a combination you specifically want?” He himself would just choose all the colours, he was quite sure that it would look good.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Flareon
IC Posts : 468
FlareonAdministrator

The festival is in full swing, the air buzzing with excitement and laughter. Music plays from every corner, and colorful decorations flutter in the breeze. You are having a great time, moving from one activity to the next.

You don't realize until later that some of the vibrant colors have stuck to either your Pokémon or its ball. When you finally take a look at your Pokémon, you're shocked. It has changed color!

Houndour
your pokémon was already traited!

Oshawott
your pokémon is now spring-traited!

what's this?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Sexuality:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

To his surprise they had exactly what he was looking for. “Perfect,” Míngzé mentioned before he followed Lamar through the mass of people. Luckily it seemed most of them moved away, giving them the space they needed.

As expected on a festival like these, they had a lot of different colors. “Is it possible to get all of them?” he asked the person that owned the place. An enthusiastic absolutely sounded from the man and he immediately went to work. Míngzé waited patiently while he could hear the machine doing its work.

“Now, what is something you want?” he asked the white haired man at his side. They would have his order in no time, but he was not alone. Where it came from he did not know, but a new cloud of powder ‘attacked’ them from behind. Míngzé could only feel the soft brush of it against his cheeks.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He had to admit that the colourful candy floss looked quite nice. Especially when the person before them walked away with one that clearly had all the colours. He smiled softly when Míngzé asked the vendor whether it was possible to get all the colours and the man responded that it was definitely a possibility.

Of course Míngzé would ask what he would want, though for now taking a candy floss for himself was good, they could always get something else after. ”I will just take one of these myself too, we can always try something else at a later time.” Like those taiyaki he had seen. ”There are several stands with crafts too, if you might be interested?” It wasn’t like they would only be nice to look at, touching them would tell quite a lot too.

As he waited for his own candy floss to be made, he noticed another cloud of powder being thrown their way, Míngzé barely seemed to notice it, but his eyes did go to his own pokemon who seemed to have changed colour since the last time he had seen him. He looked for a moment confused, till he realised what might have happened. ”Did you know that these powders might change the colour of your pokemon?” He had heard about it, traits. The Lurin he had was the same after all. It wasn’t the usual colours, but he hadn’t expected it to happen here.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

For now Lamar was satisfied with the candy they were getting right now. They were in no hurry and had a whole day to see and try everything. "Yeah, sure. Just lead the way, you´re in charge," Mingze said with a small smile. It was impossible for him to decide where to go next after all.

"Here you go, one rainbow floss done."

Mingze quickly folded his cane and accepted his order. For this he needed both his hands. "Thanks." Already he could smell the sweetness. Not able to restrain himself, he ripped of a piece. It was soft to the touch, like what he assumed touching a cloud would be like. Once it touched his tongue it quickly melted. It was really good.

Lamar asked a question about pokémon changing color. His brow knitted together in confusion. "I think I don´t understand what you mean." Mingze softly shook his head. The powder would certaintly change their color up a bit, which was to be expected.

Meanwhile he was fighting to pull of another piece, but it kept going.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He accepted his own candy floss as he took a small part of it and put it in his mouth. It already melted the moment it touched his tongue and some even stuck to his fingers. He knew that would happen, but it was fine. Instead he still looked at the Oshawott with a small frown. He hadn’t expected the pokemon to change, but apparently it had happened at one point without him noticing.

Ripple didn’t seem to mind the change though, like he barely even noticed that it had happened. Instead he was looking very interested in the candy floss that was now within his hands. He really should look around to see whether there were any snacks he could give the pokemon.

”Well, like your Houndour he seems to have turned into a traited one.” He had noticed the different colours of the Houndour and assumed that that was because of a trait too. ”He is now partially yellow instead of blue.” And he was quite sure that it was not just powder stuck on him.

”Hadn’t expected that to happen here, but I can’t really complain about it.” It made the pokemon look a whole lot cuter in his opinion, though he was slightly curious what it would do to the evolved forms. ”Shall we start moving then?” Unless Míngzé first wanted to eat the candy floss, they had all the time after all.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Powder clung to his dark clothes and hair, bringing more color to his life than ever. A strange festival if you asked him, but he knew that was mostly because he could not enjoy it to the fullest. It was the atmosphere that told him people really liked it.

But that these powder could change the appearance of a pokémon? That was new.

The frown he carried only grew deeper when Lamar tried to explain what happened. “That’s odd,” Míngzé said slowly. Was Lamar making some strange kind of joke? It sure felt like it. “I’ve never heard of powder that changes the appearance of a pokémon,” he continued with a raised eyebrow.

When Lamar asked to continue he gave a small nod, before grabbing another piece of candy floss. As he ate it, he looked around, but the pokémon was too small for him to catch even his silhouette. “Is your pokémon okay with it?” It was such a strange concept to him and hard to comprehend.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He hadn’t either, ores and stones he had, but not powder. Was there maybe some mixed in with the powder? That would explain why it had happened. ”He seems fine with it, not even bothered by it.” Like he had barely even noticed it. Instead the pokemon was already looking around, he was clearly having fun. Which was good, he wouldn’t want the pokemon to be bored.

If he knew what had happened or how it had happened he might have been able to explain, but he didn’t so he gave up trying to explain. Instead he heard some commotion and looked up from the Oshawott to see Shae running past. His head travelled to where she had come from and saw one very pink Vik standing there. Quickly he snapped a few photos and sent Shae a message, before turning back towards Míngzé. It was good to see that someone was having fun.

”Just saw someone covered in a lot of pink powder, I hope that’s not going to happen to us.” He said with amusement clear in his voice. It would be hell to get all of it out of their hair. Vik really was lucky to barely have any. ”So shall we go to some more stalls? We can get more food later.” Or they could walk around for the performances, but he was quite sure that heading to some of the stalls that had crafted things was a better idea.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content