Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

change on the rise

2 posters
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981

Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
Míngzé easily affirmed he hadn’t done anything for Ruìsāng to turn threats into reality, and Ruìsāng smirked. “So, there’s no reason to take my threats seriously. Don’t be stupid and I am no threat to you,” he calmly stated. The problem was—he wasn’t sure if he meant it. For all the words he’d spoken, he’d never laid a finger on the other. He could have taken the artifact from him, could still do it, and yet he hadn’t.

The red bitch also had a name. “The red bitch was annoying when I invited her into my home. I did not, and will not, bother remembering her name,” he replied calmly.

Míngzé said he knew, and that if there was anyone else or any other possibility—but then he seemed to doubt his own words. He cursed, stating all he’d ever wanted to do was help.

Some people seemed to desperately crave helping, fixing things. Ruìsāng wondered why.

Have you considered that your help might just make things worse?” he asked, unsure if he was talking to Míngzé, Vince, or himself.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

Míngzé huffed softly when Sāng tried to reassure him with his words. Don’t be stupid and nothing will happen. It all sounded so easy. “Easier said than done.” Sometimes it felt like ‘stupid’ might very well be his middle name. Perhaps it was better that Sāng made these kinds of promises because it meant at least one person would try to stop him if things truly went wrong.

Again the same rude nickname. Míngzé did not even know why he was still trying. “I know you won’t.” He did not hold any illusions, but that did not mean he could not try.

“We’ll know when it’s too late I guess?” There was an uncertainty to his voice when he spoke. He had hidden it before when talking to others, but it was different now. While he and Lucina shared the same goal he could never show his doubts or conflicts.

He straightened his back again and turned towards Sāng to face him. “Without that piece, the other’s are useless. He won’t get it unless I know for a fact that everyone will be fine.” With a finger he pointed towards the artifact in Sāng’s hands with precision. Even though he could not see it, he could still locate it almost perfectly.

“Not to mention the sacrifice,” Míngzé said as he let out a sigh. The other already knew about it, so he might as well bring it up too.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Ruìsāng Sū

Easier said than done, Míngzé stated, and Ruìsāng scoffed. “Cheers to that, gēgē,” he sighed. The weight of his decisions pressed on him; he wasn't sure if he was more foolish for letting Vince go or for allowing himself to be dragged into a home built on an unstable foundation.

Míngzé remarked they'd know when it was too late, and Ruìsāng rolled his eyes. Míngzé explained how the other pieces were useless without the one Ruìsāng held, emphasising that He wouldn’t get it until Míngzé knew everyone was safe, not to mention the ‘sacrifice’.

What makes you think you have the power to stop him from taking it?” Ruìsāng asked, his tone sharp. “He does not care if we kill each other for it. If you think this piece will be safe from that beast, you are a bigger fool than I thought,” he warned. “There are more people with His affinity and blessing popping up left and right, and you still consider— How can you even begin to—” He sighed deeply.

When had he become the voice of reason?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

With slightly narrowed eyes he looked towards Sāng. It felt like a story clung to his words, but he knew well enough that the other would not tell him if he did not feel like it. There was no point in asking. Not right now at least.

Míngzé rubbed his hands together in a soothing gesture. Time and time again it was proven how— well— weak he was. There was nothing he could do. Someone broke into his home, made himself comfortable on his couch and he could not even throw him out.

“What would you have me do? Hand it over to you? Give you a second one? So what that you hold the power to steal it from me or Lucina without effort, don’t think all of his lackeys are the same.” Frustration came through as he spoke. “One of those people has already found the third artifact, which only leaves the fourth piece. Lucina knows Vince has one, who’s to say she’s the only one that does? Someone might be making a move right as we speak.” This new person in the mix had been bothering ever since he came back empty handed from this temple. Although, the same could be said for the one currently in his home.

“Lucina will—” Míngzé bit his tongue. He wanted to say that she would leave this piece alone, but what if he was wrong? He told her everything, but what if she’d joined hands with someone else in the meanwhile? What if it had been a mistake to trust her with all this information? All because he wanted someone to stand at his side. To not feel alone.

Was there anyone he could trust?

He drew a sharp breath. “This is not a battle you can win alone. Not anymore.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé asked if he should hand over the piece, which struck Ruìsāng as ironic—technically, he didn’t have to, as Ruìsāng was already holding it.

Luckily, Míngzé realised this and spoke of someone who’d stolen the third part. He wondered if others knew Vince held a piece, and Ruìsāng sighed softly. Míngzé continued, mentioning the little beast before stating this wasn’t a battle he could win alone.

Ruìsāng tilted his head slightly, pondering.

Are you saying those words to me, or to yourself?” he asked calmly. “If I take this piece and disappear, how will any of you ever achieve your goal? No one will die unless I decide to take you out one by one,” he stated. Perhaps it was arrogant to believe he could. But if it came down to the beast or Míngzé, he knew he could.

Or you fight with me. Get this piece as far away from the beast as we can. Find a different way to get rid of your affinity if that’s what you so desperately crave. It does not need to involve the fucking God of Chaos.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A silence fell over him. It was almost as if he was caught in some sort of lie. Seemed like what he said was true for both of them, seeing as he ran back to Lucina when everything he tried was failing.

No, he could do this alone either.

The reason Sāng still had the artifact in his hands had a simple explanation, because Sāng was right. He could lunge forward now, try to take it back, and then what? There was no way he would end up victorious. Míngzé knew he was no match for him.

Then his eyes widened and he straightened his back. Was he serious? His eyes narrowed again as he looked towards Sāng. He could not possibly be considering this. But at the same time, he’d been trying so hard. Tried to go for another artifact knowing it could cost his life, to help people. At the same time, everyone who knew about his goals became angry, opposed him, and never even tried to understand what he wanted to accomplish.

“How do I know this isn't just a ploy to let you walk out of here with the artifact?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng scoffed at Míngzé’s question. For a moment, he waited for Míngzé to laugh or continue, but then he sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair.

Would I need a ploy to walk out of here?” he asked flatly. They both knew that if Ruìsāng wanted to walk out that door, there was nothing Míngzé could do. He could throw himself at him, he could ask his Pokémon to help—but it would only come at the cost of his own apartment.

If I wanted the easiest way to rid you of the artefact, I would have been gone by the time you returned,” he reminded him.

I stayed because you and I needed to talk. Because you’re right, and it’s stupid to do this alone, and I’m sick of assuming you’re on the opposite side when you shouldn’t be.” They worked well together, and he’d much rather have Míngzé on his side.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The answer was one he expected the moment he had questioned Sāng’s intentions. A deep sigh left his lips as he shook his head. Even now Sāng could walk right out of the front door, artifact in hand and there was nothing he could do to stop him.

“I wouldn’t even have known it was you,” he muttered as he rubbed his eyes. That’s how easy it was to steal it from him if someone tried.

He lowered his hand again, a lump forming in his throat. Despite their disagreements and mistakes, they always managed to reach an understanding. Even when it took time because they were both too stubborn.

If he had to choose between trusting some powerful Deity or his friend, the choice was easily made. Especially with everything he’d learned up until this point.

“I’m glad you stayed.”It felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. A smile spread across his face, and for the first time in a long while, he could finally breathe again. “And you’re right, you’re so fucking right. It’s—” Míngzé shook his head. It did not matter anymore. He wanted a better world, but not if people would suffer greatly from it.

Míngzé heaved a deep breath before extending a hand towards his friend. “Let bygones be bygones?” His chest felt tight once more out of anticipation.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng studied Míngzé as he considered his words. When Míngzé admitted he was glad Ruìsāng had stayed, his own gaze softened just a little. Then, the agreement came, and it felt like at least something was right again amidst everything that had fallen apart this year. At least he didn’t have to step away from the man he considered a friend anymore.

Swallowing as a hand reached out to him, Ruìsāng let a soft breath escape his lips, his red eyes focused on the hand. For a moment too long, he hesitated—not about taking the hand, but about how to do it.

They had broken one another’s trust, and yet, they sat here. Yet, Míngzé hadn’t accused him of anything so far. So, he reached out, taking Míngzé’s hand in his own, the artefact pressed between their palms as he turned them, leaving Míngzé’s hand facing upward and leaving it in his possession.

What else have you been up to?” he asked, steering the conversation away from the artefact, from everything related to Yveltal and its minions. He just wanted to talk about something else for a moment, now that the artefact was back in Míngzé’s hands.

For once, he just wanted to sit with a friend and forget that his life felt barely worth living anymore.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

It dragged on too long.

His hand was still outstretched, waiting for the other to accept. The last thing he needed as a confirmation that they were alright. Fear was starting to form. What did it mean if this went unanswered.

Had he misinterpreted Sāng’s words? It almost had to be. Míngzé wanted to pull back, but the moment he made up his mind, he felt the other's warm hand in his. The artifact in between their palms. Míngzé could not hide the surprise as he understood what it was, yet his eyes quickly softened.

A sign of trust. That's how he viewed it at least.

Calmly he pulled his hand back, loosely holding the artifact that now felt colder than ever before. For now, it felt like things were back to the way they used to be. Amidst everything that was going on, there was one thing that stood out. “Have you ever eaten brains?” he asked, his voice clearly reflecting his relief.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Out of all the questions that could have been posed, Ruìsāng did not expect the other to ask him if he’d ever eaten brains.

Blinking, Ruìsāng automatically replied, “Do you think I’d have made my decisions if I had?

But then the question landed properly, and Ruìsāng let out a soft sigh. “I’ve cooked and eaten some in a few meals, yes. Why?” he continued, raising a brow. “What the fuck, gēgē?” It was the weirdest conversation starter after just handing over a potentially city-ending artifact.

Had he lost his own brain?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Sāng had a point. Maybe he should’ve eaten that brain when it got served to him, might’ve helped him a great deal too.

The other was confused and he could not blame him. It was not the smoothest transition, but at least it broke the tension that was still left in the room.

“You asked what I’ve been up to, well— brains and a date. Not in that order.” Míngzé loosely held up his hands in defense, holding the artifact in one.

Hearing the familiar word again, this time without any malice, warmed his heart. “They organized these blind dates, and with everything else going on, it sounded like a good distraction.” It worked a great deal. At least that night he managed to push everything to the side.

“During which they served brains. But wait— you’ve cooked brains?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Apparently, Míngzé had been on a blind date. To this, Ruìsāng snorted. The blind man on a blind date. That was funny. Míngzé continued to tell him it had been a good distraction and that brains had been served—before realising Ruìsāng had cooked them.

I have cooked a lot of strange dishes for school,” he reminded Míngzé. While they’d met in a business class, Ruìsāng aimed to open a restaurant one day—which meant he’d also taken culinary courses. “There’s this dish—Tuslob buwa. Kind of like brain gravy, I guess. It wasn’t that bad,” he shrugged.

Your date, though? How did it go? Did I lose my chance of charming Míngzé gēgē while I was busy?” he teased, a grin on his lips as he leaned a little closer.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

This was nice. Questions floated around in his mind too, ready to ask them but he kept them to himself for now. Time had passed since they last saw each other and a lot had happened, meaning there was a lot of catching up to do.

“Brain gravy,” he repeated with a hint of disgust. “That sounds awful. I also did not try the fried brain we got.” H did not want to think about all the other strange things Sāng had cooked over the years.

Míngzé couldn’t help but roll his eyes in amusement. “Would it stop you?” It should but for other reasons. Some habits die hard though. This was proof of it.

“The date went well, good actually, although I might not have left the best impression.” There was a sheepish smile on his lips. His only saving grace was the fact that they already knew each other. “Do you remember that one night in the forest? Where you had to save everyone.” How he wished the answer to that would be a ‘no’, yet it was impossible to forget.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé stated brain gravy sounded awful and that he hadn’t tried the fried brain they’d gotten. “So you won’t let me cook brains for you,” Ruìsāng noted. “Eh, there are better dishes anyway,” he shrugged. It had been okay. More of a morbid curiosity that had made him try it than actually thinking it’d taste nice.

Of course it would,” Ruìsāng replied innocently when Míngzé asked if dating someone would stop Ruìsāng from flirting with him. Still, his voice dropped slightly as he continued. “I’m a good boy. I don’t flirt with taken men,” he added, which was one of the biggest lies he’d told in a long time.

He had definitely spent the night with taken men. A ring on their finger didn’t mean they didn’t like a man in his twenties while the wife was away.

Míngzé spoke of the date and that it went well before continuing to remind him about…

The hopeless three,” Ruìsāng confirmed with a nod. “Three idiots at the lake waiting for the most unlikely person to save them.” They had been lucky Míngzé had been there, or he might not have bothered.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

No cooked brains from Sāng. “If that’s the first thing you ever serve me, I doubt I’ll ever be able to trust your cooking skills ever again,” he said with a smile. Until this day he still had to taste anything made by Sāng himself and he was genuinely curious how good he actually was.

A hum, one that clearly doubted Sāng’s sincerity echoed in his throat. He doubted any of those three sentences were honest, but that's besides the point. “Only one of us is taken,” Míngzé reminded the other. It had only been one date, too early for him to make up his mind. With the festival of colors coming up, that would make two.

Who knows where a second date might end. Hopefully not in a forest.

“The what now? You gave it a name?” With his jaw slightly agasp he stared at Sāng. ”The hopeless three,” Míngzé repeated breathlessly. No matter how much he wanted to deny it, tell Sāng it was not that bad, he could not because it was that bad.

“No matter, one of those so-called ‘idiots’, was my date.” A deep sigh, combined with a chuckle escaped. Good thing Lamar was not here to hear it. “The pink haired one,” Míngzé kept a serious tone. If there was a person that was definitely not his type, it was Djodie.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

If the first thing he served Míngzé was a brain, the other would never trust his skills again. Ruìsāng leaned back, looking at him in amusement. “Then tell me, what do you want me to serve you? The least I owe you is some proper food sometime,” he said, waving his hand lightly. He could cook… if he had a kitchen.

Míngzé mentioned that only one of them was taken, and Ruìsāng scoffed in reply. “Vince and I got in a fight. It’s pretty much over,” he informed him calmly. “Thank your little beast for that one, too.

Of course. Sān gè shǎguā,” he nodded solemnly, giving Míngzé the Fènghuáng translation of the title he’d given it in his mind—Three Idiots.

Míngzé explained how a third of the idiots had been his date, and he mentioned a pink one. To this, Ruìsāng raised an eyebrow. “There was none with pink hair. A redhead, which I know isn’t your type, and the doctor,” he summarised. “I like the doctor. He gave me a rabies vaccine when your beast scratched me, just to be sure.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé hummed softly as he gave it a thought. There was a lot he liked, more than what he disliked. Sāng always said he was a good cook, even made strange dishes like brains. “Something you like and love to make,” he decided.

A wave of shock hit him as this was the last thing he expected to hear from Sāng. There formed a concerned crease between his brow. “You guys broke up?” It was not his fault, yet the guilt was there when Lucina was mentioned. “What— how? Last I heard you were buying a house.” What was Lucina’s involvement in all of this.

The thoughts lingered in his head. It was harder to talk about his own date, which had gone great, after receiving this news. Only Sāng’s name for their merry band of idiots lightened up the mood. “I’m not even sure how to react to that.” The hopeless three. A mixture between a huff and chuckle escaped as the corners of his mouth pulled up softly.

“Red? I thought it was pink? Wasn’t it pink? Wait rabies? You believe she has rabies?” Míngzé shook his head at all of it, blinking in confusion a few times. Sāng did mention she was foaming at the mouth, although he doubted how much of it was true.

“The doctor, Lamar, it was him.” Who now apparently was also Sāng’s doctor.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Alright. I’ll make you something from Fènghuáng,” he smiled in response when Míngzé said he wanted to eat something Ruìsāng loved to make. “Chief was the one who taught me how to cook, so it’ll be good,” he grinned, remembering how he had introduced the two a long time ago.

Míngzé seemed surprised, and Ruìsāng let out a soft sigh. “He did buy one. It was… a lot,” he muttered. “It wasn’t meant to last, and we got into an argument after I ran into the beast. It… escalated. Was bound to happen,” he continued. There was no point in moping about it. Vince hadn’t trusted him. That was becoming abundantly clear.

It was red,” Ruìsāng nodded. “And I do. Doc gave me the shot as he couldn’t disagree.” To him, that was proof enough: the little beast carried rabies. Proven because one of the only two doctors he trusted on this planet had given him a shot against it.

Did you guys play doctor yet? I’m sure he’s wonderful with his hands,” Ruìsāng teased when Míngzé mentioned he had gone on a date with the doctor. At least this was more fun than discussing his own failed love life.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

“I never doubted it. His food was great, and a lot. It’s a shame we never returned there after, or maybe for the better. Not sure if I made the best impression.” And again the alcohol was to blame. “I’m looking forward to trying out your food,” he said genuinely with a smile.

Míngzé stayed quiet as Sāng was talking about what happened. How first the fight with Lucina occurred and later an argument with Vince. With a worried expression he looked towards Sāng. “Do you want to talk about it?” An easy question and if the answer was ‘no’, so be it. He would never push Sāng to talk about anything. Over these last few months he’d learned it could do wonders to just talk

Even Lamar thought it was best to give a rabies shot. A sigh rolled over his lips and he shook his head. There was no point in arguing.

“Did we— Sāng! No we haven’t! We went on one date and I could barely walk after we had dinner. SO no, of course not.” Míngzé rubbed his eyes. Sometimes it was tiresome to talk to Sāng for these kinds or reasons, yet he did not mind them anymore. Perhaps he was used to it now.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content