Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

change on the rise

2 posters
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981

Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
Did Ruìsāng want to talk about Vince? No. He didn’t even know where to begin.

I feel like all I ever did was keep him safe. A dog allowed to sleep in the bed,” he scoffed. “So it is alright. I will deal with it.

The words were harsh, but true—and yet, wasn’t it only part of a much bigger picture? Perhaps if they had made different choices along the way. Maybe, if Ruìsāng hadn’t pushed away his entire life to make Vince’s better, things wouldn’t have ended up like this.

Perhaps he’d bought himself a crate and got mad when the door got closed.

Perhaps he’d been right initially when he thought himself unable to love correctly.

Míngzé’s words caused Ruìsāng to grin widely. “You could barely walk?” he asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. “I didn’t know he had you for dessert, Míng-gē. How naughty of you,” he continued.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

To his surprise Sāng told him a bit more, but the words he used were harsher than he expected. “That’s— if that’s how you feel about it, it’s not good.” He was never good with words, but he tried.

“Just know that you don't have to do so alone.” Míngzé reached out, wanting to place a hand on the other to let him know he was there. No matter the fights they’ve had in the past, that has not changed. Even after their last one and the threats that had come with it, he hand;t given up on him.

But it was Sāng. If he said no to help, there was not much he could do. He would do what he could.

He nodded a few times, not immediately realizing what Sāng was saying. “Yeah, you know how it went— wait, that’s not what I meant and you know it.” Still, there was a grin on his lips, a red color on his cheeks. “We’re not all like you,” he said amused, meaning it in the best possible way. A foundation of trust was needed for him to feel truly comfortable around someone.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé stated it wasn’t good, and that Ruìsāng didn’t have to do it alone. To this, Ruìsāng scoffed softly, but he did not pull back when the other reached out. The touch was almost unfamiliar by now, but it didn’t make him flinch away, so he remained.

I do, and that is alright,” he told the other. “Don’t worry.” He didn’t want others nosing into his business, so he’d go through it alone. It wasn’t like he had ever done anything else. He’d worked through the loss of his mother alone. He had been alone after killing the man, and when Vince had left him here.

He could work through this, too.

A grin spread over Sāng’s lips as the other agreed first, before realising what he’d meant. “Like me? Míng-gē, I have been so well-behaved since we met,” he said with a pout.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

It was expected, but that did not change anything. Míngzé only smiled softly at him and gave him an understanding nod. “I know,” was all he said. He would not be the one to push him. If Sāng wanted to figure this out on his own, he would not be able to change his mind. He doubted anyone could.

Slowly he started shaking his head with his eyes closed. “Sāng,” he started with a serious tone of voice, as if what he was going to tell was of utmost importance. “I’m afraid your definition of well-behaved is vastly different from mine. Or anyone’s for that matter,” he said as if he was a doctor, bringing a patient some very terrible news.

“I must ask,” Míngzé said as something popped up in his head. Something very important he’d been ignoring until now. “How the fuck did you get in here?” He knew Sāng had broken in. But how? Since when could he do stuff like that?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé said his definition of well-behaved was different, and Ruìsāng was about to tell him just how much of a good boy he was when Míngzé reminded him he had literally broken in here.

Okay, so yeah, maybe he hadn’t been all that well-behaved. There was also the hooking up with random strangers and the near-killing of the beast. He could admit he had some flaws.

The locks to these apartments are ridiculously easy to pick,” he shrugged, as if he were telling Míngzé where to find the cabbage in the supermarket. “Done it a few times to my own when I forgot my keys. Made sure not to ruin your lock, though.” That would have sucked otherwise.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

This so-called well-behaved man was the one that was currently sitting on his couch without being let in. Míngzé smiled softly as it felt like some sort of victory when Sāng did not counter what he said. Because he couldn’t. Because he was right.

However, what Sāng said made him worry a bit. “Surely it’s not that easy to break into these apartments,” Míngzé said with a worried frown. He had started fidgeting with the artifact. While things had gone perfectly fine before, he would be lying if he said he was not worried.

Things were moving and changing. “Which I greatly appreciate.” It would’ve been such a hassle to have it fixed. “But please, next time, just give me a call? I think I lost a few years of my life because of this.” At this rate he wouldn’t have any years left.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé stated it wasn’t that easy to break into these apartments, and Ruìsāng shrugged. “It is,” he countered easily. “It’s why I had our locks replaced early on. These are some of the easiest to pick.” It was horrid, really, how little care there seemed to be for their safety.

The hardest part is getting past the door downstairs, but if you pretend to walk in when someone else does…” He shrugged. It was easy then. Everyone held the door open if you pretended you were just arriving.

When Míngzé mentioned a next time and a call, Ruìsāng sighed. “But what about the dramatic effect? I could’ve called, maybe you wouldn’t have picked up. Like this, I felt like a villain and I proved to you I didn’t speak to you to steal that thing,” he countered.

But, fine. No more breaking and entering without good reason.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The explanation given to him was in a way frightening. It was a large building and even he had no idea who lived there. There were but a few people he knew. “I might need some extra locks it seems.” Maybe a chain that locked it from the inside or something. Not that it would help much.

Sāng’s explanation was not at all what he expected and left him lost for words. Before speaking up he blinked a few times, but no, it still made zero sense. Well, the other part made sense. While Míngzé was certain he would’ve picked up, it would probably have gone very badly.  “The dramatic effect?” Míngzé repeated in astonishment. “Have you ever thought about joining theater school? You’ll fit right in.” They were all about the drama over there. He could only imagine how Sāng had been sitting there like some disney villain, waiting for him to come home.

A soft chuckle escaped and he shook his head. Without good reason. Right. “And I’m pretty sure you thought this was a good reason too.” Which meant in the end his promise would not mean much. But that was okay.

“I’m glad you did though. I thought you never wanted to speak to me again.” There was a soft sigh at the end of his sentence. Their last talk had felt so final. And it probably would’ve been if he’d succeeded where he’d failed until now.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé said he’d need some extra locks, to which Ruìsāng shrugged. “Your Ninetales will keep you safe from most. It works better than any lock,” he nodded. Though… “It does need to work on its ability to handle surprise.” There didn’t even need to be a battle before Hēixié had already rendered it useless.

Yes. But I decided it didn’t pay well and I needed the money,” Ruìsāng nodded when Míngzé asked if he’d considered joining theatre school. “So I went for the culinary route. Are you surprised?” He shouldn’t be. Ruìsāng had always had a flair for the dramatics.

I don’t know. I just want all of this to be over so things can be normal again,” Ruìsāng sighed. To him, it could have been okay the moment everything went back to normal. If no one had been risked, then there was no harm done.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Yet another thing that he’d pushed to the background got mentioned. Poor Jiu who was here, somewhere. “Yeah, what did you do to her?” Somehow he doubted Sāng had really harmed her. Hopefully. “I’ve never really had to train a pokémon to battle. As far as I’m aware she can spit a fireball and that’s it.” He always trusted that his pokémon would know what to do when it came to it.

With a look of disbelief he gazed towards Sāng, only vaguely seeing his silhouette. He had tried it? The frown on his forehead grew deeper. “I’m always surprised when it comes to you,” he said while the look did not change. “Are you for real?” It sure as hell sounded like the man was joking.

If only money problems were their biggest problems right now. “Easier said than done,” Míngzé sighed deeply. It would be a long while before that would ever happen. If it even could. He leaned further into the couch, his head resting against it so that he could stare up at the ceiling.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé asked what Ruìsāng had done to the Ninetales. Ruìsāng hummed softly. “Dunno. She seemed surprised, so Hēixié used Hypnosis. All she did was put the thing to sleep,” he shrugged, the Ninetales unharmed.

They’re actually strong Pokémon. I’ve had a stone to evolve Hēixié, but I’m unsure. People underestimate her now. It works out well,” he grinned. People saw the Vulpix in battle and assumed they’d win, only to be completely overthrown by her strength.

When theatre was mentioned, Míngzé looked surprised. “We were teens when we had to pick. I always kind of liked the idea,” he admitted. “Never went for it. Glad I didn’t, I guess.” He wasn’t sure he could put on a smile and perform now, although perhaps that was all he was doing in life anyway.

Míngzé admitted it was easier said than done, and Ruìsāng let out a sigh. “Yeah,” he agreed softly. There seemed to be only one way to end it, and that was to let the pieces come together. Not quite the ending he’d been hoping for.

And here I was thinking university would be my biggest headache this year.

What a fucking joke.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A simple hypnosis had done the trick and incapacitated her. Another sign that Sāng was not here to cause any type of fight. “Good to know. She probably did not expect anyone to actually break into my apartment or something.” There was no reason for worry, all he had to do was wait for her to wake up again.

“They are? I had no idea.” Maybe one day he would do more research on all the pokémon he had. But not now. “Won’t it increase her strength even more if you evolve her?” That’s what it was all about, no? To get stronger they had to evolve.

There was a grin on his face as he listened to Sāng’s little story. “If you ask me, you would’ve been a natural.” It was stranger to imagine how different everything could’ve been if they made other decisions. Míngzé wondered if there were video’s of baby Sāng performing some act. If there were, he doubted he would ever get a chance to see them.

An agreeing hum sounded. “If only. Things had been easy back then.” Míngzé sighed deeply. Back then it had been his only worry. All he did then was go to university, attent his lessons, go home and study. It had not been perfect, given he barely did anything else. Now, he’d made friends but all while  everything went to shit.

“Did I ever tell you I quit?” Maybe he had, even if his life depended on it he could not remember. There was too much going on in his life to keep track of everything.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé asked if evolving Hēixié wouldn’t increase her strength.

It is not that simple,” Ruìsāng replied. “See, a Ninetales in her colouring? People would know she is a force to be reckoned with, so they would be prepared to face her,” he explained. “She’s cute, small, and unevolved now. She wins in a fight because people underestimate her, and that’s all I need them to do.” While she’d gain some strength from evolving, was it worth losing the element of surprise?

Míngzé told Ruìsāng he’d quit, and Ruìsāng hummed softly. “Not literally, but I guessed when you never showed up again,” he said with a sigh. Despite it all, Ruìsāng had. And by now, he’d finished it all—and he’d done well enough. It was strange to think that all he had left to do was pick up a piece of paper.

And then he’d have to decide if he wanted to continue. But for now, he’d decided to work—university could wait a year, until life was less chaotic.

What will you do now?” he wondered. If he’d quit university, what was his plan?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

His brows softly knitted together as Sāng started explaining why he had not made her evolve just yet. In a way it made sense, although it was not something he would’ve thought about on his own. To him, it did not matter after all. “Makes sense I guess,” Míngzé said thoughtfully. This whole concept of battling and fighting was not something he had ever really thought about.

“Sounds like you fight often,” he mentioned, one eyebrow tilted in question. While he knew about the strength of his pokémon, he had never given it a thought that Sāng was active in that ring. Especially since it had been heavily frowned upon until recently.

There was a soft smile on his lips before he nodded. Yeah, at some point he just vanished for school didn’t he. “Focus on work for now, perhaps try again next year if things have quieted down.” With all the struggles he’d been facing these last months, he was glad school had not come between him. But he really wished things would go back to normal.

“Are you finally done with it all?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé mentioned that it sounded like Ruìsāng fought often, to which he scoffed. “Aiyah, Míng-gē. How else would I make enough money to afford an apartment so fast? I do not want to live in a box!” he complained, pouting slightly. It wasn’t a joke, either. He knew he could make a lot of money with those battles. Especially once he’d… well, that was for later.

I see. Hope it works out,” Ruìsāng replied with a soft sigh when Míngzé said he was just… going to see. Sometimes, Ruìsāng wished he’d grown up with that luxury. But between an abusive father, an alcoholic mother, and needing to carry all of it himself, he could not fail. He could not step back. He had to do it.

If you think something as silly as a dead mom, a break-up, or the impending doom of the deity of death and destruction could keep me from acing my exams, you would be sorely mistaken,” Ruìsāng told the other with a grin. “Or, well, acing it is a big term. But I did graduate, yes.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A soft chuckle sounded at the complaint Sāng made. Not necessarily the subject, but more the way he said it. “Too bad, and here I wanted to offer you a cardboard box. I believe I still have one or two laying around.” Míngzé joined in on it for a moment, although he was careful as he did not want to overstep anything. Sāng’s situation was bad, there was no denying it. “I never knew you could earn that much money by making pokémon fight,” he thought out loud. Not that it would’ve helped him in any way.

“Just uh— you know— let me know if I can help in any way.” Not that he ever expected Sāng to come to him for help. Because why would he? Over these last few months he had come to realize the other would never accept his help. Be it because he thought he could not help or because he was too stubborn. All he could really do was keep offering. Even when it was not needed.

For a second there was worry clouding his face as Sāng began to sum up what had happened to him this past year, but then his expression softened again. “Not at all, I never even doubted you,” he said with a hint of a smile. “No, really, congratulations, you deserve it.” Míngzé was glad the other made it, he needed a win. “So, when do you take over the business we went to— I forgot how long ago feels like ages ago.” It might do him good to have something he could throw his heart and soul at.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Míngzé mentioned a cardboard box and Ruìsāng rolled his eyes. “I know you cannot see, but my cute butt would not fit inside a box,” he told the other solemnly.

At the next question, Ruìsāng hummed softly. “It depends. Only when you’re really good. Gotta pick the fights you shouldn’t be able to win and win them anyway. They always underestimate me, and I let them tire themselves out like that,” he shrugged. He’d force his Pokémon to dodge and dodge and dodge until there was an opening. The fight would be over before they knew it.

Don’t worry,” he replied when Míngzé told him he should let him know if he could help. There was no way anyone could, not in a way he’d let them.

The trick with making his exams had been always paying attention in school. Ruìsāng wasn’t someone who could get away with learning at the last second, so he tried his very hardest every single day. It had made the end of it rather easy.

I don’t know. He offered me a job, get away from the bar and work there for a while instead, figure out if I want to continue university or start up something of my own,” he shrugged. “But with everything going on, I don’t want some feral beast to hunt me down there.” He didn’t want to risk the place the man had worked so hard for.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé could help but rub through his eyes at the comment made by Sāng. How could one single person be this tiresome? “If you squeeze hard enough, it might be a perfect fit,” Míngzé said with a soft sigh. It was during moments like these, that he was reminded why he couldn’t stand Sāng when they first met. Now he was used to it.

Only when you were really good, could it earn you a lot of money. The concept was interesting and Míngzé must confess he would probably have done the same if he was even a little bit capable of fighting. “Sounds like you are really good,” Míngzé noticed. It was the confidence with which Sāng spoke that told him as much. Then again, compared to him everyone was.

Míngzé huffed softly. “Because you asked so nicely.” There was too much going on not to worry. That was the problem.

So he was offered a job there which was a great opportunity if you asked him. Working at an exclusive place really meant something. “That’s a great deal,” Míngzé said, a hint of his enthusiasm shining through in his voice.

But his brow knitted together with worry. “You really think she would go that far?” Because he highly doubted Lucina would go that far. Although his perspective of her might be totally different if he stood in Sāng’s shoes. Given that she knew Vince was the one that carried an artifact. “I did tell her to leave you alone. Both of you. However, those words he kept to himself, not wanting to bring him up again. “Not that she ever listens,” he added with a sigh while shaking his head.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content