Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Fear

2 posters
Vince Newman
IC Posts : 406

Vince Newman
His legs felt weak, his eyes sunken deep in his head as he looked up to the building. Once he had called his place home, at least for a good amount of time. Now he felt sick, weak, alone and most definitely afraid. Afraid of what was going to happen. Afraid of what he was going to do. Rubbing his hands over his arms, he sighed deeply. Wondering why he didn't take his pokémon with him. Knowing that the answer was that he didn't want them to see him in a state like this. Disgusted with himself, he shook his head and shivered.

His hand hovered over the name, unsure if it was correct to be doing this, but it was the only lead that he had right now. Knowing fully well that he could run into some very unpleasant people if he screwed this up. The pain never ending, the thought of Sang being there only making it worse. Vince breathed in a shaky breath as he pressed the button next to Ming's name, hoping that the man was home.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vinnie
Birthday: 01-04-2003
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

Life had seemed to quiet down at least a little. Hoping it would stay like this was a foolish dream. No matter what changed, people were still out for the artifacts. How he wished he could forget it all for a moment.

His calm day off got interrupted by the bell. For a swift second he thought about ignoring it. No one knew he was home and if they really needed him they could’ve given him a call beforehand. Yet Míngzé found himself standing up and going to the intercom.

“Hello?”

It was foolish to let just anyone inside if he had no idea who it was. So he waited for whatever guest to announce themselves.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
At least the security system still worked. His eyes had found the spot were once Sang's name had been. Apparently someone else had already taken the spot, which made him wonder where Sang was right now. Ignoring the pain in his chest, already overwhelmed by the pain that he had been feeling constantly ever since he had come back from the Shadowfell. His eyes flicked back when he heard Ming's voice coming from the intercom.

Not sure if he should trust his own voice, Vince coughed shortly first. "It's Vince, can we talk?" He said, trying to hide the exhaustion from his voice, well aware that it was almost impossible. His body was hurting, his soul was in pieces, his mind was exhausted. He felt besides himself, as if he was looking down on someone walking in his shoes. And right now, he was cold.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé’s brow knitted together in confusion at the familiar voice. Why was he here? Things between him and Sāng were— complicated. That’s what he knew.

“Sure, come on up.” One simple push on a button and Vince could enter the apartment building. He opened his front door too before he would await the other’s arrival. Multiple thoughts rushed through his mind as he did.

Carefully he crossed his arms, although it could barely be called that. Bandages covered them and underneath the multiple wounds were hiding. The only one he could not hide was the one covering his cheek.

It did not take long before the familiar green hair appeared. “To what do I owe this visit?” Míngzé asked as calmly as possible, but his nerves were betraying him, his heart hammering in his chest. After last time he was not overly fond of visitors.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Probably the only good thing right now, was the fact that Ming wasn't actually able to see how badly he looked. As long as he could hide it from his voice, he should be relatively ok. Or so he thought at least. Because right now, he felt all but ok. When the door zoomed, he opened it and passed through, the familiar surroundings giving him little hope.

As he walked towards the floor were Ming lived, he tried to figure out how he was going to do this. If Sang had been here before him, things might be going very different. He wondered if Ming had been told about the situation between them already. He wasn't even sure how the relationship between Sang and Ming had been lately, everything happened so fast. He strolled through the corridor, only to find the man in the door opening of his apartment. His eyes first noticing the bandages on his arms and he winced, a painful reminder that he was hurt just like Sang was always hurt.

Vince shook his head, pushing the thoughts about the man out of his mind. Ming spoke, his voice betraying that he wasn't happy with it. He looked up, his eyes tired, his body slumping. "What happened to you?" He asked, his voice raspy as he tried to comprehend if this had been his doing. "I—, It's—." Vince sighed, unsure about the words he should use against the older man. "I need to know where your piece is." Fuck it.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The moment Vince entered his apartment, Jiu entered the living room. Gracefully she jumped on the couch from where she stared at Vince with her fiery red eyes. The ninetales was also on edge, but Míngzé would not let her hurt Vince. He’d made a promise after all.

Before Vince managed to finish his sentence, he was already answering the question. “Fell down the stairs, it’s fine, just a few scratches.”  Míngzé offered him a reassuring smile. While the story was unbelievable, the message behind it was clear as day. Most of the blood he’d spilled was gone, or at least he hoped all traces were gone.

Although he wished that was Vince’s reason for visiting, which it wasn’t. There was something off, but he could not place his finger on it.

The artifact got mentioned and immediately Míngzé clenched his jaw. “Why?” There was a sharpness to his voice. It made sense for Vince to know it was here, he did not doubt Sāng had told him. Not that it mattered. He never believed Vince would be a threat to him, yet here he was asking where he had hidden it. Not simply because he wanted to make sure it was safe, but to know its location.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
A fall down the stairs would have bruised him quite good, but not scratched him like this. But Vince wasn't sure if he should press on the matter. He had more pressing matters after all, although there was a weak hint of worry in his eyes. His natural need to help others resurfacing for a brief moment. But he couldn't do anything right now, it wasn't worth it anymore.

Vince let his head hang when he noticed the sharpness in the other mans voice. Coming clean was probably the only option that he had right now. He needed that artefact, he needed to get back what was stolen from him. He didn't want to feel like this for a moment longer. So helpless, so useless, so lost. "Because I need it." He said, his voice shaky at best. There was no need in hiding how he was feeling, the man couldn't see him either way. "Because your deity is a fucking asshole." He followed up, softer, but with a hint of anger in his voice.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé raised an eyebrow at the explanation given. He would almost call it desperation. But why? What was going on with this man?

He moved away to lean against his table. Normally he would sit down on his couch, but he preferred to stand. Another reason soon followed, again one that did not convince him.

“No surprise there.” It had taken him nearly bleeding out before he got help. Lucina almost— Míngzé scraped his throat and pushed the thought away.

Part of him expected Vince to feel the darkness radiating off the artifact too, but now he no longer thought so. “You know as well as I that I can’t. That I won’t.” It did not matter that they were supposedly on the ‘same side’ now.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He hadn't expected it to be easy. Nothing ever was easy for him. Well, if he pulled the right strings, it might be. But he didn't want to relay on the power that was handed to him. Not the affinity that that asshole so gracefully took from him, but the power forced into his hands by his bloodline. Vince sighed deeply, ignoring the hurt spreading through his body.

Watching the man step further in his apartment, he wasn't sure if he could follow. Hesitating a little too long, Vince in the end leaned against the doorframe, not wanting to bother the man longer then was really needed.

Vince narrowed his eyes when Ming told him that he couldn't do that. Feeling desperation filling his mind as he fidgeted with his hands, he needed to find it, right now. "Just tell me already." He snapped, the desperation filling his voice. "I need to find it, Ming. Please. You don't understand." Or maybe he did and he just couldn't think straight enough to believe it.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé dug his nails in the palms of his hands. He stood up again, straightening his back and unfolding his arms. The tone with which Vince spoke was not to his liking. There was a soft urge to move farther away.

One thing was true, he did not understand. He had no idea why Vince came looking for him after all this time. Was it because of what happened with him and Sāng? “No, I don’t. Tell me why you need my piece so desperately.” He held his breath as he gazed towards Vince.

“You already have one, is that not enough?” He could no longer feel it on Vince, but that meant nothing. After everything that happened it would not surprise him if he had found another place to hide it at.

Not that any of it mattered. Even if Vince gave him an excellent reason, he would not hand it over.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Shit, maybe he should have been a little more subtle with what he needed. However, he couldn't wait forever to wait for an opening. He needed to have that thing right now. Only because he couldn't live like this anymore. Not even a day longer.

"I just need it, ok." This wasn't going to make it better, but he felt the desperation getting unto him. "I need to get it back. I need it back." His golden eyes almost hysterical, as he found himself looking around the apartment, trying to figure out what would be the best place to hide it.

His eyes flicked back to the man when he said that he already had one. "I don't have it anymore. I need more, Ming. Please. Just give it to me. Nothing will happen. I just want to help." A desperate plea, as he did a step deeper into the apartment. Almost a shame that he hadn't brought any of his pokémon along.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Out of all the scenario’s he’d come up with in this short time, this one had not been among them. His jaw nearly dropped to the floor. None of this made any sense.

What did Vince want back? Why did he need it? How was it possible he no longer had the artifact?

“You don’t have it anymore?” he asked breathlessly. Did someone steal it? Had he lost it? Right now Vince gave him the impression of an addict, desperately needing more. Unconsciously he took a step back.

“No,” he said before pausing for a second. “I’m not giving you anything, Vince. ” It did not matter what Vince would tell him, he had made up his mind. “If you need help with anything, I’m willing to lend you a hand, but not if you come inside my apartment, demanding to hand over some powerful artifact.” Not before he discussed it with Sāng first.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
"Everyone seems to be so fucking surprised about that." He snapped to Ming. He was getting tired of everyone echoing his words. He was well aware that he had lost the artefact, no, not lost, he had brought it back to where it came from. He was the reason why at least one of the artefacts was on its place. He had fucked up, and he was aware of it.

But the man was persistent in not wanting to help him. And it was infuriating him. He was already sick and tired of feeling this empty, this hollow. There was so little that he could've done to make a difference. "Just because I'm not as strong as Sang?" His name stung on his tongue, but he bit through. "For fucks sake, Ming. I'm not going to explain everything to you. I need it, I need it to get something else back. Isn't that enough for you?" He sighed. "I can't accept help, not this time." Gods, he was starting to sound just like him, how did that happen.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

His breath got caught in his throat when Vince snapped and another step was taken backwards. Míngzé placed a hand on his arm, softly rubbing the bandages covering them. It was only Vince. What could he do? What would he do? He never believed Vince was capable of harming anyone.

But to think he no longer had the artifact? Míngzé did not understand how everyone seemed to be so reckless. Everyone around him seemed to lose them one way or another.

“Sāng has nothing—” he started but there was no way of getting through to Vince. Again he heard the same story and it told him nothing.

With a deep breath he filled his lungs. No matter how often he said ‘no’, it did not seem to make any difference at all. “Would you have given the artifact to me, if I came to you with the same meaningless explanation?” He raised one eyebrow as he waited for his answer. Sāng had been quite clear when he first brought home the artifact, he doubted Vince thought any different.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He was getting frustrated by all this nonsense. But he knew that he wasn't able to just grab the artefact. He wasn't even getting past Ming's pokémon. Or well, the Ninetales at least. And he wasn't going to run back home to grab his own. Although... He could use his father's—, no he shouldn't be thinking like that. It would only bring more problems.

"You never trusted me." He gritted through his teeth. "Not when I wanted to help you with your stupid pokémon, not when I came by to apologize, not when I stopped when Sang was missing." The man had always been a problem around him. "All I ask of you is to trust me this one time." Vince took a deep breath, not even the feeling his own heartbeat at the moment, not through the pain radiating from that spot.

"I need to get my affinity back. There. Happy?"

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Now accusations were thrown right at him, for not trusting Vince before. It was true, those things he could not deny, but trust was such a dangerous thing. Because of trust his arms had turned into a bloody canvas. So few people managed to earn it and keep it.

“Those things mean nothing compared to this.” They were always between the two of them, but those artifacts were much more. The temptation was still present, the world he could create if only he brought them all together. It was not something he could deny sadly enough, but he would fight it.

Then Vince finally revealed his true reasoning and a sharp pain pierced through his chest. Living without an affinity was something he once wished for, but that was no longer the fact. Compassion and worry were both visible in his eyes as he swallowed a lumb.

“That does— it does not change my answer.”

During moments like these he was glad he could not see the look in someone’s eyes.

“I’m so sorry Vince I can’t imagine what—” Another lump but now he was unable to keep talking. He wanted to ask how it happened, but seeing as he had to almost forcefully pull answers out of him, it was pointless.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Once he was comparing, willing to help everyone. But it had only bite him in the end and now he wanted to get some real answers. Vince had never been confrontational, but it was getting annoying to not be able to do anything.

When he finally told the man what his end goal was, it didn't change a thing. It never did. Why would it. He was weak, useless, helpless. The only way he had to find those other artefacts was with turning the entire city up side down. And he hold the power to do that, but it would only make the situation worse. He was getting more and more frustrated by this all.

"No, you don't." He snapped at the man. "You don't know how it feels, how it is to have the one positive thing ripped from your soul. You have no idea how I'm feeling. The hollow feeling in my chest, always knowing that there is something missing." He was trying to keep his voice level, knowing that it was an impossible task right now.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Again Vince snapped at him and again he took another step back. His reaction alarmed Jiu, who jumped from the couch with a low growl before stepping between the two men. “Jiu, it’s fine,” he tried to calm her because he did not want to make it any worse than it already was.

Having his pokémon there was a reassurance and the only reason he managed to stay calm. It was right, he did not know what it felt like, but that was not what caught his attention. “The one positive thing?” Míngzé repeated with one eyebrow lifted.

He felt sorry for Vince, he truly did. Once he would’ve been jealous, but not anymore. If he’d found the key to removing his affinity, it would’ve been him standing in Vince’s shoes. Desperate to find anything to fill the hole it had left behind. It brought a sick feeling to his stomach.

“Did He promise you your affinity back, in exchange for an artifact?” While Vince raised his voice, he kept his own as calm as possible. But why else would Vince want them? It had manipulated Míngzé too, he knew the allure those promises came with.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
The Ninetales wasn't happy with him, that much was clear. But he had little to worry. If the pokémon wanted to burn him, so be it. He couldn't care less about it anymore. He just wanted to fix what he had broken. And nobody was helping him right now.

When Ming echoed his words, he looked away. His nails digging in his palms as he tried to keep his emotions under control. "Sang and I broke up." He explained softly.

Taking a deep breath, he lowered his voice a bit. There was no point at yelling at the blind man. He couldn't help him, that much was clear. "There is a chance." He sighed. It wasn't even a given that he would get his affinity back. And that was the most frightening aspect of this all.

+ Míngzé

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Vince immediately understood what he was referring to, but of course had no idea Sāng had already told him about it. At least the yelling had stopped, which was more than he could wish for. “I know.” His own voice was soft too and he sighed. “And I’m sorry.” Even when he had nothing to do with it, part of him felt guilty. If it was not for the fight he had with Lucina that day, she would never have confronted Sāng.

Then again, if it happened now, it was bound to happen sooner or later. That did not make it easier.

In a way Vince reminded him of himself. Knowing the risks but ignoring them because their goal was worth it. He clenched his jaw tightly. Because of this he knew it would be pointless to talk to him. Vince would not listen to him.

“I hated my affinity, you know and I desperately wanted it gone,” he could hear himself say while he was plucking at the bandages, his head lowered. “I talked about it to someone, she explained what— how it would be.” If not for her, he might’ve given Vince the artifact if it would help him fulfill his own goal. “She seemed to know a lot about affinities, and has helped many people with them, even those who lost theirs.” He was speaking carefully and thought about each word that left his lips. “She might be able to help you too.” It was better than the alternative.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content