Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Silence like thunder

2 posters
Victor Schultz
IC Posts : 410
Victor Schultz

There was a second in which Victor thought he might finally get some answer, but the moment didn’t last long as it became clear Mingze was just as stubborn as he was on this matter. “I’ll eat anything and I like my coffee black,” he answered in a huff. If the other wanted to play this game with him, they’d see who’d win.

But despite the frustration of the situation, Victor had become worried about Mingze the moment the other opened the door. The wounds had left their marks and the man looked like he hadn’t slept in a week. Despite the resistance he was putting up, he seemed almost broken. Victor let out a sigh. “You look like shit, Mingze. Whatever is going on, you can’t keep refusing my help. I saw that darkness. You can’t face it alone.” Victor was scared of that darkness ever since he’d encountered it, but he couldn’t go on knowing others had to confront that danger, especially now he knew his friend was involved.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vic
Birthday: 25/12
Sexuality: Pansexual
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

Each time he made a comment, he hoped his friend would see reason. But it never worked. Victor remained in his apartment, unmoving about wanting those answers. It started to look like he would’ve a visitor over for dinner. “We’re having chinese then,” he said with a sigh. He lacked the energy to cook, so home delivery was his best option.

“Really? Didn’t have the time to look in the mirror today,” Or ever really. It was that he could imagine how terrible he must look, because he’d never felt worse. Things were getting too much. He’d told Sāng before that the artifact was not safe here anymore. There was no denying it anymore now.

But Victor kept going on and on. Now trying to win him over by playing in on his emotions. It was driving him mad. “That’s the thing, I don’t want anyone to face anything!” Míngzé slammed the table with both hands, sending a wave of pain through his arms. “I’m doing my best here to prevent that from happening and you are not helping. None of you are! All barging in here in my apartment—” He pointed at his own chest, tapping it roughly. Míngzé felt himself losing grip over his own emotions and he just knew he could not reel them back in. He was too much of a tired mess. “—demanding I should just bend over and do your bidding,” he practically spit. Míngzé did not like how he raised his tone and was practically yelling at Victor.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

Victor had answered Mingze’s question about what he wanted for dinner and how he liked his coffee in a huff and hadn’t expected that the other was serious about it. That realisation only came when his friend announced they’d be having chinese for dinner then. Mingze had to be kidding. The other had to answer him eventually, right?

The loud slam caused Victor to jump a step back, but once the initial surprise had dissipated, his anger grew. This was spinning out of control. Yelling was probably the stupidest thing he could do now, yet Victor couldn’t keep his reaction in check as Mingze kept shouting at him. “All I want is to know what’s going on!” The neighbours could probably hear them by now, but Victor didn’t even think about that. “What’s wrong with me?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé had tried to prevent this from spiraling out of control. He had hoped he could keep his emotions in check long enough, to make Victor leave. How many times could someone here ‘no’ but at the same time remain unmoving. Did he not understand that right now, he was not welcome here?

A headache was quickly coming to the surface, his exhaustion from the last days— no, weeks catching up with him. How he wanted to simply go to bed, curl up into a ball and fall asleep. Too bad that was not possible as long as Victor was here.

“Something that goes way beyond you, beyond me, beyond everyone!” Míngzé stood up from his seat, but remained where he was. “You want to help? Well, you fucking can’t, so don’t even fucking try! If anything, you’ll make it worse.” Just like he’d done.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

All he wanted was to know what was going on so he could help. His nightmares were filled with the artefact and the darkness that surrounded it. If only he knew what it was, maybe he wouldn’t have to look over his shoulders anymore and he could prevent his friends from experiencing the same. Mingze looked exactly how Victor’d felt after his encounter in the temple. The other couldn’t do this alone. The darkness was too strong and would consume him.

But once again, information was held back from him. It made him wonder what was so wrong with him that people couldn’t trust him. An image of his father flashed in front of him when Mingze shouted that he’d only make it worse. He’d always tried so hard to do good, to help people, to make up for his brother, but it would never be enough. The only thing he’d ever be able to do was hurt people.

“I understand,” he yelled. “I always make everything worse.” That was very clear to him now. No matter what he’d try, he would never be able to do anything good. “I wouldn’t want myself around either.”

He turned around. Mingze hadn’t wanted him here from the start. He’d thought he could get the other to share with him, but that clearly wasn’t going to happen. “You’re better off without me.” For a moment he stood still, somewhere still hoping his friend would do something that would keep him from having to storm off.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé’s jaw dropped a little when Victor made his words personal. He could not believe what the man was staying and he could only gaze towards him. Guilt was spreading through him. He never wanted to start this fight, but Victor made it impossible.

With a frustrated sigh he lifted his hand to his eyes, rubbing through them. “That’s not what I meant and you know it,” Míngzé said, his voice sharp. It was not fair of Victor to throw all this at him. He should’ve stayed outside in the first place.

He did not notice how Victor turned away. “You wanna go fight Gods, be my guest but it won’t— it won’t—” His eyes widened in shock at the realization that he’d made a minor slipup. It was hardly anything in the grand scheme of it all, but still too much.

Míngzé gritted his teeth and let himself fall down on his chair once more. Why could no one just leave him the fuck alone? And this while Victor was not even aware of the piece currently in his home. He was way too tired to be having this conversation right now. He should just stay quiet and shut the fuck up. But how could he?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

The sharp words cut through him. “I don’t,” he replied. “Isn’t that exactly what you said? That I’d make things worse?” There was still anger in his voice, but there was hesitance in there as well now as he wasn’t sure what to think anymore. Inside, voices were screaming at him that he was useless, worth nothing, but then there was Mingze who told him that wasn’t what he meant.

Victor stopped as Mingze continued. “Gods?” he let out in disbelief. Turning back around, he saw the other’s eyes had grown wide and knew that hadn’t been some sort of metaphor. “Xerneas and Yveltal?” He’d been researching the mythical pokémon ever since his visit to Xerneas’ temple. The link between them and the artefact was easily made, but he’d thought, or maybe hoped, they were up against heralds of these pokémon, not the gods themselves.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

How Victor was twisting his words, making them appear worse than he had meant them to be. It was never his intention to hurt the other but it seemed that was exactly what he’d done.

“Yes, but not because you’re you. You will make it worse, like I made it worse, like everyone made it worse.” No one who has come close to these artifacts has made some stupid mistake. They were all partly to blame. Some more than others.

But he had made a mistake and knew that what little chance he had of getting Victor out of his apartment was gone. “Do you now understand why I don’t want to get you too involved? It will only end badly if you do.” He did not want either of those Gods to lay his fingers on Victor too.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

Victor was used to always messing things up, whether they were in his control or not, so when Mingze told him he hadn’t meant it like that, he eyed the other unsure of what to make of this. An explanation came that it wasn’t because of him but because anyone would make the situation worse. That… made him feel a bit less worse. His father’s voice was still screaming at him that Mingze just didn’t want to deal with him right now and was only saying this to get rid of him, but he knew the other wasn’t like that and that gave him enough strength to silence the voice a bit.

For a moment Victor still hoped he’d misinterpreted Mingze, but it soon became clear that wasn’t the case. Victor sighed. “I’m already involved.” He’d already encountered one of those artefacts and the darkness clinging to it. Mingze might be trying to protect him, but it was too late for that. “And what about you?” The other was in horrible shape. He might think he could take this all on himself, but that would only end badly.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

What a fool he was for making such a grave mistake. Míngzé wished he could take back what he said, but that was too late. From what he learned earlier about the man, he would not let this slide.

“You saw it, felt it, but that’s it,” Míngzé said with a tired sigh when Victor kept insisting that he was already involved. He could understand how it left an impression on it, but he still had a chance to keep it all behind him. Move on with his life and forget it ever happened. “Compared to me, you’re only dipping your toes in it so far. It really is not worth it. Your life will not be better because of it.” He was stuck with this damned affinity that was directly tied to the Deity himself, an artifact that kept singing to him and people who were looking for it.

“I would gladly trade my life for yours right now, if that meant I could get out,” Míngzé said honestly.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

How did Mingze expect him to just turn his back on him? Whether Victor’d encountered the artefact before or not, he was involved simply by seeing the man like this. There was no way he could pretend the other was alright and just go home. On top of that, he couldn’t get that darkness out of his nightmares ever since he’d encountered it. He needed to know what that artefact was and why the fortune teller had sent him to it.

Victor looked at Mingze at his next words. “Then why don’t you?” Here he was offering to take some of the burden on him and still Minze refused to tell him anything. He didn’t want to die, but what use did he have if not to get his friend out of this?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Of course, here Victor was, trying to be the hero they all needed. Míngzé couldn’t help but roll his eyes. “Because that is not possible, Victor. Besides, why would I even want to endanger a friend of mine?” There was no way he was taking any risks, especially when it came to the artifact. He had no way of knowing what it might do if Victor held it.

Míngzé shook his head. “What happened to me was not caused by them or the darkness you encountered, if that’s what you are worried about.” In a way it was connected, but it had nothing to do with it directly. He crossed his arms tightly over his chest, trying his best to hide them as much as possible.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

He should’ve known that Mingze wouldn’t want to endanger him either, but it was still too ingrained in Victor that he was only good if he could be useful for others that he was surprised by the answer. “I don’t know,” he muttered, feeling somewhat ashamed that he’d even considered his friend would want that.

Victor’s eyebrows scrunched together when Mingze explained his wounds hadn’t been caused by the artefacts nor by the darkness he’d come across. “That’s not less worrisome.” If it had been neither of those things, there were even more threats that he didn’t know about and that Mingze had to face alone. “It only means you’re in even more trouble than I thought.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé was glad when things seemed to be calming down a little bit. They were no longer screaming at each other and Victor also seems to understand his point of view. Or at least a bit. An almost relieved sigh rolled over his lips.

Sadly enough what he said next did not satisfy Victor. Not even a little bit. “It’s not as bad as it looks. Just a eh— misunderstanding. I said the wrong things, made someone mad and then—” Míngzé heaved a deep breath, trying to stay calm throughout his short explanation. “It won’t happen again.” After all, he could’ve prevented it. These last few days he’d come to the conclusion that whatever happened, was his fault anyway. Just like he’d said the wrong things to Victor.

“Besides, this is not only about me. It goes so much further than that. One wrong move and it could endanger everyone. Which is why the fewer people know, the better.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

“How is that a misunderstanding?” Victor let out without thinking. Mingze’s clothes hid most of the wounds, but Victor could see bandages sticking from underneath them in different spots and he’d seen a sliver of hurt in the other’s expression when he’d moved before. Whoever had done this to him hadn’t just hit him once, they hadn’t been able to stop.

Mingze assured him that it wouldn’t happen again. “Are you sure about that?” Victor raised his eyebrows at the other. What was stopping this person from coming back and hurting his friend again?

Victor sighed. “Fine, you’re not going to tell me anything,” he spoke defeated, though still slightly annoyed. “I still don’t like anything about this.” Now that they’d calmed down a bit, he could see he wouldn’t be able to convince Mingze to tell him more. He didn’t agree with it, but he also realised now that arguing further wouldn’t help.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

On topics Míngzé did not want to talk about, Victor managed to hit them all. He truly hoped he would believe him and let it go. But that was a foolish thought, was it not? This whole day should’ve taught him one thing about Victor.

The damage that had been done was more than just physical. No matter how he tried to deny that fact. “It’s only some scratches, nothing more.” Deep enough that they required stitches even after someone with a water affinity had tried to heal them. “Even if she does, I won’t let her inside.” The only positive this apartment still had.

Míngzé took a deep breath. “No I won’t,” he confirmed. It was not possible to explain everything without placing the man in harm's way. “Me neither, but trust me, it’s better this way. I thought this could help, but it is only making everything so much worse. It will make your life so much worse if you get involved.” The few positives did not outweigh all the negatives.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

Victor looked at Mingze sharply. These weren’t just scratches, that was very easy to see. “Don’t lie. If you don’t want to tell me things, fine, but don’t lie.” It was clear that he wouldn’t be able to change the other’s mind and get him to explain what was going on. He could try to make peace with that, but he didn’t want to be lied to.

At the mention of a ‘her’, Victor wanted to ask further, but for once he shut up. It was futile anyway: Mingze wouldn’t tell him anything.

A sigh escaped Victor. He didn’t want his life to take a turn for the worse again. He was finally finding some happiness now he was away from home. His affinity was already throwing a spanner in the works and making things more difficult. Adding something else on top of that… He didn’t really want to get involved.

Still he didn’t like that Mingze had to deal with this. “If there are things I can help with, you do know you can ask me, right?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé was well aware that a lot of frustration from Victor was because he was worried. His next words told him as much. It was not really a lie, or well, he wanted to believe it wasn’t. The wounds on his arms were indeed scratches caused by nails. They were simply deeper than most scratches. But he had to believe it was not in fact that bad.

“A friend of mine. I uh— I’m not entirely sure she’s fully human,” Míngzé started to explain. He could give Victor at least this much, even when some words tasted foul on his tongue. “She has these claws and she used them when I angered her.” He shrugged at the end, trying not to make a big deal out of it. “It’s not as bad as it looks,” Míngzé added.

The shouting had stopped, but that did nothing to ease his nerves. Míngzé felt how his body was still in flight mode, ready to act if Victor would try anything. “I know,” was all he said.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Victor Schultz
Victor Schultz

Victor looked up when Mingze started speaking, half surprised that the other was telling him more. At the mention that the friend who’d attacked him might not be fully human and had claws, he thought back to someone he’d met in the park. Could this be the same person? “I met someone like that a while back,” he noted.

Mingze shrugged and said it wasn’t as bad as it looked. “It looks pretty bad.” Victor said quietly, worry still sounding in his voice.

But while he couldn’t help but be concerned for his friend, he realised now that he wouldn’t get the other to tell him anything. With the last of his reluctance, he told Mingze that he could always tell him if he needed help. He didn’t think the other would take him up on the offer, but he needed his friend to know he was here for him.

Victor looked around for a moment. Now that he’d calmed down, he realised what he’d done. “I’m sorry I barged in here like that,” he apologised. He’d been so angry when Mingze didn’t want to tell him what was going on that he hadn’t thought anything he’d done through.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

For a moment Míngzé looked surprised. The one Victor was talking about could very well be Lucina, but there were more like her, he could be talking about someone else too. Although given that people like her were not common knowledge, most probably hid their identity, unlike her. “They apparently look like that because of their affinity,” Míngzé told Victor. While he had not said much about the other subject, this was something he could tell him. It was maybe not what he wanted to know, but it was something.

He mentioned how it looked pretty bad, to which Míngzé sighed. “It could’ve been worse,” he countered. If she had wanted to, she could’ve killed him right then and there. One wrong slash and he would be done for. “They should heal,” he added. There was only one fear and that was that they too would scar. He did not mind his burned arm or the one on his stomach caused by an arrow. But these felt different.

Finally Victor apologized for his behavior. It felt like they were finally coming to an end. Míngzé closed his eyes before rubbing through them, fatigue hitting him hard. “Just don’t do it again.” He could try to forgive him this time, as he understood how frustrating it would be. But only once. Victor really should not try it a second time.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content