Searching shadows

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

“Dai!”

Míngzé held his hands cupped around his mouth, hoping the sound would travel further. For a good few minutes he had been standing there, yelling the name of his pokémon. Why did he think it was a good idea to bring the houndour with him? The sunny weather had brought more people to the city and it had been a bit too busy, something he realized too late.

What exactly happened he had no idea. One moment the small pokémon was walking next to him, the next he heard him cry loudly and then he was gone.

Worry had settled into his bones, but Míngzé dared not to venture off too far. What if he was right here, but couldn’t get close because of all the people.

“Dai, come here!” Míngzé tried once again.

Archie

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Archibald of Aerithorn
IC Posts : 256

Archibald of Aerithorn
It was busy on the streets and it was hard to move through the crowd, but he somehow managed because some people just avoided him. He wasn’t even doing it on purpose, but he had noticed that it had happened more often since he had gotten his affinity.

The Flygon had been following closely behind him, one more reason why people gave them the space. It was then that he noticed someone yelling a name. Just one person was standing still in this crowd and it seemed that he was searching for someone or a pokemon possibly. And yet everyone was just walking past without even offering to help.

He really hated that part about most people. ”Are you looking for someone?” He asked as he approached the man, Mirage following closely behind him. With this crowd that couldn’t be easy.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Archie
Birthday: 3rd of december
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The worst possible scenarios flew through his mind. Because what if Dai had not run off, but was stolen instead? He was anything but strong, so stealing him would be an easy task. It would explain why he could not hear him anywhere.

Míngzé filled his lungs with air, ready to yell for his pokémon once more, but that was when a voice next to him sounded. He dropped his arms and slightly turned around. Vaguely he saw someone standing there, unmoving amidst the crowd around him.

“Dai, my houndour, we got separated somehow,” Míngzé explained with a heavy heart. “I tried calling for him but nothing.” Why did he even decide it was a good idea to bring the pokémon with him?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
So it was about a Houndour, those could easily get lost in a crowd like this and it was clear that the man had no idea how they had gotten separated. ”Is this where you were together last?” Then the pokemon might still be close. But calling hadn’t worked, which was a little worrying.

He started looking around if he saw any sign of a Houndour, but no such luck in this crowd. He just hoped that the pokemon wouldn’t get trampled or anything like it. ”I can let my pokemon search from above?” He tried to offer. That might be easier than looking from the ground.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé nodded, accompanied by a hum. Did this make him a bad owner? He should be able to guarantee the safety of his pokémon, yet here he was. A pokémon lost to him for now. “There was a soft cry, then he was gone. It happened too fast for me to understand what was happening,” Míngzé explained, his voice clouded with worry.

But this man was thinking with him, trying to find a solution to his problem. “That could work,” he sighed. Maybe it would be easier to spot him from the sky, because with these people it was impossible. “I’ve been told he’s blue in color, dark blue.” Although it could be wrong. It would not be the first time someone told him one thing while it was another.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
A frown appeared on his face as he heard the story. The fact that there had been a soft cry might mean that something happened. It could be a lot in this crowd, though he just hoped that it wasn't anything serious. That would make this easier. ”Maybe he just got distracted.” He tried to reassure the man, though he was definitely considering the possibility that something had happened now.

The fact that the Houndour was dark blue would make him easier to distinguish from the others. It meant that he most likely was traited just like Mirage was. ”Alright, shall we look around together on the ground then, while I send my pokemon up?” He didn’t wait for a confirmation, before nodding once at Mirage, the pokemon having understood what was expected from her and took off. Meanwhile he brought his attention back to the man. It might be best to start moving, even if this was the last place where the pokemon had been.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé knitted his brow together when the man offered that the pokémon got distracted by something. “I sure hope so.” A sigh rolled over his lips. It was possible, the small dog was not known to remain at his feet and was always running around and sniffing everything.

His heart skipped a beat and he took a step back when some pokémon flew up. One hand was raised in the air, protecting his face against the waves of wind. The pokémon surely felt big.

“Are you sure he’s not around?” Míngzé asked the man as he gazed towards him with worry in his eyes. It was the whole reason he had not moved for quite a while, afraid that Dai might be trying to get to him with no success at all. “I’m blind, so I didn’t dare to leave this place.” It happened more than once that people did not seem to realize his eyes were very much broken, which was the only reason he told him.

One last time Míngzé turned his head around, trying to catch a sound, but if there was any he could not hear it over all these people talking.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
Maybe he should have warned that the pokemon was quite big and that she would definitely leave some trace behind as she flew up into the sky. Several people took a step back when this happened, but he didn’t care. ”I haven’t seen him, no,” He confirmed when the man asked him whether he was sure that the Houndour was not around.

It wasn’t like he hadn’t noticed that the man had to at least have bad eyesight, but he hadn’t thought to bring it up. It hadn’t seemed the polite thing to do, so he had kept it to himself. ”I can understand that.” He told the man. ”But now you have two sets of eyes extra with you, so I think it’s best if we start looking around.” And the pokemon would recognise his trainer and might react weirdly to a stranger.

”I’m quite sure your pokemon will come to you once he sees you and is able to.” He turned his own gaze towards the sky, but it didn’t seem like Mirage had any luck yet. Maybe the pokemon wasn’t on the main street. ”What kind of places would your pokemon prefer to go if something like this happened?” Maybe they would try to avoid the crowd, then they might need to check alleys too.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

If this man had not seen Dai around, perhaps he was no longer in their proximity. If so, it was fine to move away from here and start walking. The extra pair of eyes he now had were a great help. “Yeah, alright. Thanks for your help,” he said to the man with a short nod before he started walking.

With an almost defeated sigh he shrugged. “That’s the thing, everywhere.” That was definitely not helping them and he knew it. “He is not really scared of anything, goes to sniff at whatever it can find, always runs around to god knows where,” Míngzé explained, smiling fondly. He had really come to like this pokémon, which made this even more difficult.

“Dai!” he tried once more, unsure of what more he could do. If another one of his pokémon had been at his side, it would’ve been a lot easier. So far there was nothing.

“I feel so stupid for losing him. It's my own fault I should’ve— I don’t know.” A collar? Something to keep the pokémon at his side, keep it from running off.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
Everywhere, that would make this a little harder, but not impossible. It meant they would have to take into account that the pokemon might have been distracted by anything. He swept his eyes around, but had no luck in finding the pokemon. A Houndour was not even that big, so it might just be hidden between all these people.

It could happen to anyone in a crowd like this, but it seemed like the man was blaming himself. ”With this many people it could have happened to anyone with a small pokemon.” Especially if it had a habit of sniffing around.

He looked up when he heard a cry from the Flygon, telling them that she had found something. He frowned a little when she seemed to be pointing at an alley a little further ahead. ”My pokemon thinks that it might have found something in an alley up ahead.” He explained as he started to head towards the alley, people mostly avoiding him.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

No matter what this man said, it did not change his mind. The pokémon he owned were his responsibility, he should look after them. What he should’ve done was turn around and come back some other time. A sigh rolled over his lips as he shook his head. “I should’ve been more careful,” he said.

As they got closer he could definitely hear some commotion. A worried look settled in as it was a mixture between barks and growls. “Something is definitely going on there, but it can't be him,” Míngzé muttered. It only grew louder and with that his own uncertainty settled in. There was more than one pokémon from what he could hear. In fact it was too much for him to make sense of.

In the alley was indeed a pack of pokémon consisting of all Houndour, they were gathered around something. It was Dai, who lay down cowering on the ground, making himself as small as possible. He was crying, but Míngzé was unable to hear them over everything else.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
He could understand why this man would think like that, that his pokemon were his responsibility, but it could have happened to anyone. Still, he didn’t say that again, he wouldn’t have appreciated it either.

Mirage had pointed out an alley to them and as they approached, he could hear the sounds of several pokemon. He looked into the alley, his gaze landing on several Houndours that were surrounding a smaller Houndour, one that was clearly a different colour. ”He was blue right?” He had thought it would be a trait, but seeing it beside a normal coloured one made it all the more apparent.

To him it seemed like the other Houndours were bullying the smaller pokemon. So, he stepped forward, Mirage flying overhead. ”It seems like some other Houndours are bullying him.” He wanted to make sure that the man knew what was happening as he approached the pokemon and watched as they turned to look at them for only a second, before focusing on Dai once more. ”Should I get them away?” It wouldn’t be all that hard really, he doubted any of them were a very high level.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Together with this stranger he walked over the busy streets in search of one very small Houndour. The poor thing must’ve run off to somewhere, perhaps scared of perhaps he was not even aware that he was lost.

That was until he could hear all sorts of noises emanating from an alley. With a deep frown he gazed in the direction, but Míngzé was unable to tell what was happening over there. “He is, yes. Do you see him?” There was an urgency to his voice.

Míngzé came to a halt when the man left his side, worry creeping into his veins. “They’re doing what? Fuck— Dai!” Were they really just bullying him because he was alone? It did not matter, he had to get him out of there. A bark sounded as Dai reacted to his call, only to be followed by a whimper as one of the wild ones snapped at him.

“Yes, of course, do whatever you need to do.” Míngzé cared very little for the other pokémon. They should’ve picked another target, not his pokémon. If they got hurt because of it, that was their fault.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
He really hated people and pokemon who bullied others. It was a sign of weakness in his eyes, the fact that they had to do that to feel some sort of fulfilment at the very least. It didn't matter who it was towards, so he had half a mind to just swipe those pokemon away, but asked the man beside him nonetheless whether it was alright.

Once he got the confirmation, he signaled for Mirage to come closer to the ground, he would need her if he was to end this easily. ”Alright, use Sand Tomb to trap just those Houndours.” It should give Dai the chance to slip away towards where they were. The Houndours were wrapped inside a sandstorm, which blinded them and kept them in place while taking damage. It wouldn't do much, but it was enough for the man's Houndour to slip away.

He made sure that Dai was out of reach before stepping up the game. ”We should give them a bit of a warning, no?” One that would show them that there were consequences to their actions. ”Earth Power.” He commanded simply, the Flygon carrying out his command as she caused the earth to erupt beneat the Houndours that were still trapped inside the Sand Tomb.

He turned to the man beside him, hoping that the Houndour had reached him by now. ”I hope he is alright?” Maybe he got a bit of a scare, but that there were no wounds at the very least.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The man clearly knew what he was doing. All Míngzé could do was stand there and wait, letting the other do everything. He had no idea what those moves were the man talked about. With a cautious step back he tried to create a bit more distance, not wanting to stand in harm's way at all.

There was a slight gust of wind, which Míngzé could only assume was caused by the Sand Tomb created by the other’s large pokémon.

Dai took the opportunity to start growling like a feral little creature. He felt rather brave with the help of a larger pokémon behind him. Brave enough that he cast a ball of fire towards the group of bullies. The fact that it bounced right off the much stronger Sand Tomb was something he completely ignored as he ran for safety.

A smile broke through on Míngzé’s lips when a bark sounded from right below him. ““Hi there,” he greeted his pokémon, relieved he was safe. The moment however he bent forward to pet him, he could feel the ground starting to shake. Dai immediately went to hide behind his legs, like the brave creature he was.

It was the pokémon of the stranger again. There was power behind the attack, but luckily he stood far enough away that it would not cause him to lose his balance. As soon as it started, it also ended. Míngzé never really thought much about all the things pokémon could do, only when they happened.

Dai placed his front paws against his legs, that way his head was just in reach for Míngzé to pet him. “Yeah, I think he is,” he said, still a little bit shocked. The houndour was indeed fine, maybe a few scratches, but nothing major. “Thanks, for the help.”

“Did you just destroy the road?” Míngzé could not help but wonder, as the ground had been shaking and the Houndours had clearly been hit by something.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
He might have overdone it a little as he looked back into the alley to where the Houndours had now quickly disappeared, the ground torn up. He wouldn’t have done this on the main street where other people could have been hurt, but an alley like this had been perfect for it. Though he had at least not done an earthquake itself, that would have been a bit too much.

He turned back to the man beside him to receive the confirmation that Dai seemed to be alright, which was good. He couldn’t see any wounds either as he quickly looked at the pokemon. Mirage kept her distance slightly, still alert in case anyone was going to get close once more.

”Just a little, but this is an alley, I doubt anyone will care.” And if someone were to ask him for money to repair it, it would have been no problem either. Though it might be better to get out of here before that actually happened. ”Still we might want to head back to the main road before anything more happens.” Unless the man wanted to stay here a little longer.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Dai was licking his hand, which felt quite disgusting but he let the creature. Even now he was still slightly shaking from the whole ordeal. It reminded him of himself and he could only hope Dai would forget about it soon.

One corner of his mouth pulled up in a slight smile. People won’t care but it was better to leave? So perhaps they would care a bit more than he would hope. “Probably for the better,” Míngzé said with a nod before turning around and heading back, followed closely by Dai. “Thank you, for your help.” Without his help he doubted he would have found Dai. Or maybe once he did, it would already be too late.

This was the moment he should turn around and leave, both going their separate ways. But a thought crossed his mind. “How about I buy you a drink?” It felt awkward just saying that as it was a step out of his comfort zone. Míngzé did not ask random strangers for a drink. He barely approached them willingly. “As a thank you, for helping,” he quickly added. That was the least he could do after the trouble he’d gone through.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
He did wonder for a moment to whom the buildings on the side of the alley belonged and if they would complain, but it was best not to think about it. Instead they headed back to the main road, where no one seemed to come up to speak to them. ”Don’t worry about it.” He told the man. If a pokemon was lost he couldn’t just leave it like that.

Now that the Houndour had been found, he knew that he should leave. The man and his pokemon should be fine now. He had meant to do so when the man suddenly offered to buy him a drink. As a thank you. He didn’t have any other plans after this and he could use a drink.

”Sure, why not.” He answered. ”Do you have a place in mind?” Or they could choose a place that would be new to both of them. He wouldn’t mind either way as long as they had some good drinks.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé was being told not to worry about it, meaning that perhaps this stranger finally noticed his flaw. People might live here and would not be happy with these changes.

For a split moment he was surprised that the man took him up on his offer. “Good,” Míngzé said with a nod, one corner of his lips pulled in something that resembled a smile.

The few places he was familiar with, were no real option. He was not bringing some guy to his work or to the one other bar he knew. “Not really,” Míngzé confessed. “But I’m sure we’ll find something if we just keep walking.” On this busy street, it was only a matter of time before they found something. “Unless you have an idea?” To him it did not matter where they went.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Archibald of Aerithorn

Archibald of Aerithorn
He didn’t know that many places around here and the ones he did know were mostly quite expensive. So he decided that that wasn’t a good thing to offer. ”Not really, so finding something by walking around works.” Sometimes the best ones could be found hidden away, but it might be better to keep out of alleys for now.

”Do you often go drinking?” It might be that he did, but just went to the same place each time and there was nothing wrong with that. But he wouldn’t mind where they headed now as long as the drinks were good and if the price really was too much, he would just pay himself.

He guessed that it might be better if they found a place that wouldn’t be too busy. ”I think a quieter place would be best?” Then his pokemon could get some rest too possibly after what had happened just now.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content