Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Don't forget to mess around

2 posters
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981
Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????

With unmatched confidence, Ruìsāng led his hesitant date through the streets of the City Centre. Their journey led to an unassuming door, nestled inconspicuously amidst the weathered brick walls. To the untrained eye, it appeared as nothing more than the entrance to an abandoned building, but Ruìsāng knew better.

A rap of his knuckles against the door elicited a subtle creak as it swung open, unveiling a dimly lit corridor adorned with vintage posters. The air hung heavy with the rich aroma of aged whiskey, and the distant strains of jazz music sounded through. At the doorway stood one of the establishment's employees, dressed in a crisp waistcoat and bowtie, the picture of old-world charm.

Ladies first,” Ruìsāng grinned.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

This was a mistake. All of it. But they’d agreed upon one hour max. After that hour he’d leave immediately.  He wouldn’t stay for even a minute longer. Míngzé simply assumed they’d go somewhere for a drink. He could do this.

With his arms crossed he stood next to the other, his whole body language screaming he did not want to be there. While he knew his way around the city, he had no idea where they were anymore. A door opened up, revealing that they were indeed at some bar or something. The ambient lightning was very pleasant to the eyes. It was calming and easy compared to the harsh lights in a classroom. Míngzé really liked the look of it, but it presented one big obstacle; besides the lights he saw nothing, only flames in a sea of darkness. If he’d Qiān with him, that would’ve been no problem, but he never brought him to school so he was not here either.

The remark made him roll his eyes, but he did not move. He did not trust this man in the slightest, but right now he had no other option. “You’ll have to go first and lead me,” he said very matter of fact, clearly not liking the idea. Míngzé even held out his hand with a pained expression. He did not even try to look at the other.

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Ruìsāng Sū

There was something about speakeasies Ruìsāng had always enjoyed. He planned to casually follow the other inside, but the man surprised him by holding out his hand. A single eyebrow arched skyward as Ruìsāng stared at him in disbelief. Was the man… asking him… to hold hands? He wasn’t going to wrestle him to the ground—no, with those arms, he couldn’t even dare try.

Finally planning to play along?” Ruìsāng asked with a playful smile. Still, he took the man’s left hand into his own bandaged right hand, before gently pulling him along.

As they stepped beyond the threshold, the muted sounds of the city outside were replaced by the low hum of lively conversations, the soft melodies of a live jazz band, and the occasional clinking of glasses. In one corner, a couple swayed to the smooth rhythm of a jazz standard. In another, a group of friends engaged in spirited conversation.

See?” he asked, mischief dancing in his eyes. No, the other certainly didn’t. Not that Ruìsāng was aware. “I know my places,” he grinned, before guiding the other to an unoccupied booth in a secluded corner, where he finally let go of the other’s hand. A small, flickering candle illuminated their table, casting a soft glow over the menus ready for them.

Chief,” Ruìsāng greeted the older man with a playful grin as he approached them, before the man smacked him so hard on the back that Ruìsāng nearly face planted the table. He groaned a little. “And who’s this handsome fellow?” the man asked, his tone teasing.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Of course the other had something to say about it. It made him regret even asking him in the first place.“Shut it,” Míngzé muttered while lightly taking hold of the other’s hand. There was a bandage which made him raise an eyebrow for a second, but he gave it no other thought. It was unimportant anyway. What did it matter what the other did and didn’t do? Exactly, it didn’t.

“It is nice,” Míngzé confessed. “Not what I expected.” Some wild bar with a lot of loud music and screaming. That was more what he’d expected. Not this. It was actually cozy, somewhere he would want to go to himself. “Where are we exactly?” He decided to ask. Who knows, he might want to come back in the future with better company.

While the other guided him towards a free spot, Míngzé used his free hand to make sure he didn’t bump into any tables or chairs. It wasn't too bad. The lights helped him a little bit. He was all too happy when the other finally let go of his hand. With one hand he followed the edge of the table and his other found the seat.

Across from him something happened, but he had no idea what and only lifted an eyebrow at the short commotion. They clearly knew one another. Míngzé simply hoped to stay out of it, but of course not. “Just some— friend, although I wouldn’t even call it that,” he said uncomfortably, gritting his teeth. They were only hanging out, nothing more. They were not even friends. For now the other felt more like a parasite that did not want to leave him alone.

Before speaking again, he cleared his throat. “I’ll have an ice tea green, thank you,” he said in an attempt to dismiss this chief.That was why they were here, to drink and leave. The menu remained untouched. He could not read it and even if he could, he didn’t drink.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng couldn't help but find the situation amusing. Was this his first encounter with a tsundere, as the anime enthusiasts liked to call it? He didn't comment on it further..

Shadow and Spirits,” Ruìsāng explained, nodding toward the dimly lit surroundings when his companion complimented the place. “It’s a word-of-mouth, invite-only kind of spot. They rely on regulars and their friends, no flashy ads. Keeps the crowd exclusive,” he explained, a sly smile playing on his lips. Somehow, the unconventional method worked brilliantly.

He’s just shy,” Ruìsāng nodded to the Chief when his date called himself some friend. To be fair, they didn’t even know each other’s names— they were practically strangers. This whole situation was absurd.

When the man ordered an iced tea green, the Chief couldn't help but burst into laughter. “Iced tea? You've got yourself an interesting one here, A-Sāng.” With a friendly grin, the Chief assured them, “I'll whip up something special for you two.

Ruìsāng chuckled, shaking his head.  “Don’t worry. Whatever he’ll pour us won’t be enough to get as bad as I did,” he said, aiming at their first meeting. “Unless you’ve never had a sip of alcohol, maybe,” he teased, implying a challenge. “But considering the excitement in your life, I doubt that's the case.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé knew this was a place he would enjoy when he was in better company. Now all he wanted to do was check his phone every minute, hoping an hour had passed already. Sadly enough this was an exclusive place. He hummed shortly after hearing that piece of information. Probably not so exclusive if they let people like this guy enter. “And still they let you in,” he muttered.

The other was not lying, this chief person knew the other and from what he could gather, they knew each other rather well. Again Míngzé rolled his eyes after he was called shy. He was no such thing but he’d learned that arguing was pointless.

Even his favorite drink got dismissed but before he had a chance to argue, this Chief was already gone. It left a sour taste in his mouth which got reflected back on his face. Great. He was already having a lot of fun.

A-Sang.

In a place like this where everything was dimly lit, it was harder to focus on trying to make eye contact. His eyes always wanted to wander off to one of the pleasant lights, but Míngzé did look at the other. A-Sang. After all this time he finally knew part of the other’s name.

But he quickly gave up on that and shook his head while looking away. “It’s because you say I don’t have to worry that I do, in fact, worry,” he sighed. Nothing too bad. As long as he also drank. Again he really did his best to look at the other. Don’t worry, I’m sure I can handle it,” he said with a hint of irritation. It was a lie. He would not be able to handle it, at all. But at this point Míngzé no longer wanted to admit any of that.

“You come here often?” ‘Sang’ knowing about this place might be the only thing he found a bit interesting right now, and sitting at that table with him in silence would only make time go even slower.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

“And they still let you in,” the other commented sceptically when Ruìsāng explained the exclusivity of the place. Ruìsāng chuckled. He was about to reply, but their conversation was momentarily halted by the arrival of the Chief, diverting Ruìsāng's attention.

Once the Chief had departed, Ruìsāng assured his companion that he needn't worry about the drinks they were going to be served. The reassurance, however, seemed to have the opposite effect, causing the other to worry more. Ruìsāng arched an eyebrow, briefly amused. He had an explanation ready, but then the other surprised him by asking a question.

I do. I worked here for a little while, actually,” Ruìsāng explained. “Taught me all I know. Paid decently as well.” He left out the part about quitting to protect the bar's reputation; that was a chapter of his life he didn’t need to share.

Chief’s from Fènghuáng, like my parents. Taught me all I know about the culture and stuff,” he continued with a smile. “He’s a lot, but he’s one of the best people I know. The kind to take in twenty strays because he can’t bear to leave them, y’know?” he grinned. His words carried a note of admiration for the man who had taught him more than just the art of mixing drinks.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Was there still a way out of this?

Míngzé let his eyes wander around for a moment. Maybe there was the green light of an exit board. But nothing. He knew where the door was, but he would not be able to get there on his own. Moral of the story was that he was stuck here.

His elbow leaned on the table, that way he could cup his cheek as he waited. To his surprise he got a normal answer form ‘Sang’. “What surprises me most is that you learned something.” After the class they just had, where the other did nothing that was even remotely related to the subject, it was a surprise. "In that case it makes sense why they let you in." Still did not explain how he ended up here.

As he suspected, the other was from Fènghuáng. This was the part where Míngzé could reveal a part of himself, or keep quiet. It was clear ‘Sang’ liked this chief guy very much. Softly he hummed, processing all this information. “So you do know how to be kind afterall.” That was probably the nicest thing he’d heard the other say all day. “He sounds like a good man.”

He leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms again.  “My parents are also from Fènghuang,” Míngzé decided to say, although his accent was slightly off. While he knew the language, he did not speak it very often. His parents always encouraged him to speak English.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

The other expressed surprise at Ruìsāng's knowledge, prompting a lift of the blonde's eyebrows. “I’ll have you know I’m an excellent bartender,” he retortede. “I work in a highly esteemed lounge these days. Got a whole suit and everything,” he continued. Ruìsāng took immense pride in his bartending skills; after all, his job was one of the few things he excelled at. Besides, the financial perks were a definite bonus given his less-than-stable home situation.

“So you do know how to be kind after all,” the other remarked, eliciting a frown of disbelief from Ruìsāng. The comment about the Chief being a good man did nothing to alleviate this. “He is. And I am! I’ve been nothing but nice. You’re the mean one between us,” he huffed in amusement.

The conversation took an unexpected turn when the other revealed his parents hailed from Fènghuáng too. Ruìsāng's eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Nǐ huì shuō fènghuáng yǔ ma?” he inquired, curious to test the waters. His command of the language was well-honed, thanks to his mother, Chief, and a few other individuals who had taught him. Speaking Fènghuáng around others often gave him the upper hand, keeping his intentions and discussions with his Pokémon veiled in secrecy.

So now I know where your parents are from, but not your name. Introduce yourself to me, will you?

* 你会说鳳凰语吗: “Do you speak Fènghuáng?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Even a job as a bartender was better than wherever the hell he was doing. There were days he felt more like a slave than an employee. Depending on who was working. But the other told him he worked at a highly esteemed lounge. “Sure you do,” Míngzé immediately answered, not believing a word from what he said. Maybe he should, after all he’d told him he did not lie. Which Míngzé also highly doubted.

Míngzé raised an eyebrow as he used one finger to point at ‘Sang’. “You?” But of course. He sighed quietly. Naturally he was the mean one and the other was an angel. Saying nothing wrong, doing nothing wrong. “Give me one example of you being the nice one and me the mean one.” This should be good. Was he not the one who was worried when they first met?

Because his own Fènghuáng was not that good, he barely ever spoke it in public. Only with his family was he more comfortable. The thought of pretending he couldn’t, passed his mind, but he decided against it. “Duì,” he gave as a short reply while there was a hint of a smile on his lips. How often would this man use this knowledge against someone he wondered. “However, I’m not very fluent in Fènghuáng.” He shrugged softly.

But then the question everyone was waiting for finally fell. Their names. Now that they were no longer constantly bickering, Míngzé considered it. “Why not, my name Míngzé.” There it was, after a few hours of speaking to one another. “Your turn,” he said with a small nod toward the other.

Míngzé would personally kill him if he decided not to give him his name in return.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

The other's scepticism only fueled Ruìsāng's amusement. “What do you mean? Is this an excuse to just see me in a suit if I prove it?”  he said with a playful wink. He looked fine as hell in his bartender outfit. He knew that. His boss knew that. There was no shame in it.

When Míngzé challenged him to prove his niceness, Ruìsāng raised an eyebrow. “ I've been nothing but a gentleman, luring you into this delightful conversation, haven't I, while you assume I’m not nice and not a good bartender,” he argued, the challenge only adding to his playful demeanour.

The other admitted to not being very fluent in the language, to which Ruìsāng chuckled. “Hǎohǎo,” he hummed amusedly. “That’s alright. Just remind me not to run my mouth near you.

Finally, he could put a name to the face: Míngzé. It was a nice name. But Ruìsāng wasn't going to let this happen without a bit of playful teasing.. “Ah, so Míng-gēgē? You’re older than me, right? Or no?” he asked with a playful smile, well aware of the flirtatious undertone.

My name is Ruìsāng, but you can call me nán shén,” he continued with a grin. “Everyone else calls me Sāng, though.” It was easier that way. He didn’t want to be called ‘Rue’ one more time as if that was how it was pronounced.

* 好好: “well, ok, good”
** 男神: “male god”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

If Míngzé got money for every time he rolled his eyes, he would be rich in no time. This man was— something else, that’s for sure. “I’ll just have to take your word for it.” He could be wearing a suit right now and he wouldn’t know. Or care, really. For a moment a thought crossed his mind, but Míngzé pushed it away. The other couldn’t possibly be that stupid.

“Ah yes, stupid me, of course you’ve been the nice one after bothering me for a few hours and— you’re absolutely right,” he said, his words dripping with sarcasm. For a second there was even a fake smile to be seen. Maybe he’ll need that drink after all, if he were to put up with this. Not that it would make it better in the slightest.

It was a good thing he knew the language, who knows what the other would say behind his back otherwise. “I don’t think I will.” Let him forget that he could understand him just fine. Míngzé would remind him only when it was already too late.

Was he older? Judging by the other’s behavior he would say yes. “Sounds about right,” Míngzé said with a small nod. No, there was no way this man was older than he was. “But you can drop the gēgē,” he said a bit uncomfortably. It was not even the flirtatious tone. That was very easy to ignore.

To his surprise the other introduced himself, but of course he had to say so much more. Míngzé leaned even deeper in his seat and rubbed his eyes. The deep sigh that rolled over his lips was obviously one of disappointment. This could not be real? No one could actually be like this? Right? It was going to be a long one hour. “Let’s keep it at Sāng.” There was no way he would ever— no, he did not even want to think about it.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

The other stated that he’d have to take Ruìsāng’s word for it. Ruìsāng flashed him a sweet smile, stupid enough to not realise the fact that the other wouldn’t actually be able to see him in a suit. Which, honestly, was his loss. He could truly rock one.

While the other was sarcastic when he agreed to Ruìsāng’s words, Ruìsāng nodded firmly. “I’m glad you finally understand,” he grinned, his words loose and drenched in amusement, in stark contrast to the other’s dripping sarcasm.

The other stated that he wouldn’t remind him, which caused Ruìsāng to place an elbow on the table, leaning his chin on it and looking at the other with an amused glint in his eyes. “Hm? You want to know what’s going on through my head that badly? I can tell you, if you want,” he teased, his tone teasing, flirtatious.

He had to drop the Gēgē. Ruìsāng pouted, but his expression quickly turned mischievous. “Ah, Míngtiān, Míngtiān,” he drawled, the syllables rolling off his tongue in a playful manner. “We’ll see about that, won’t we?” he chuckled.

The other definitely wasn’t going to call him nán shén, but did agree with just Sāng, rather than his full name. “So, did they get you your Inteleon? Qiān, right?” he remembered. A thousand what, he remembered thinking when they met.

* 明天: “tomorrow”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

There was no point in arguing. One way or another, Sāng would turn and twist his words until he was proven right. It was clear the other was happy he’d won, or whatever this was.

At the implication that he wanted to know what was going on in Sāng’s head, he made a face of pure disgust. “Oh, no, not at all. You keep all of that to yourself, I’m good.” Although, there was probably not a lot going on in that head of his.

“What do you mean by that?” he asked, confused and with a deep frown. No matter what was happening, he did not trust this person one bit. Which was probably very smart of him.

Yet, the other kept surprising him. If he ignored some of the things being said, they were having a normal civil conversation. It was different from their interaction during class and for now he was not totally regretting his decisions. He hummed in confirmation. “They did, yes. He was a— They thought it might help me, and he does.” Without him his life would be a real struggle. At least with Qiān at his side he didn’t have to rely on others for help.  

“A mawile is an interesting companion,” Míngzé said in an attempt to get the attention away from him. “Not very cuddly.” Was that not why most people had pokémon these days? Because they wanted a fun companion. With that gigantic mouth of theirs, he’d rather keep them far away.

Meanwhile, he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and placed it on the table. With a simple touch, the device spoke up and gave him the time. He’d promised an hour of his time, not a second more and he intended to keep that promise.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Suddenly, the other didn’t seem keen on hearing what he had to say. Mixed signals, if you asked Ruìsāng. Still, he smiled, deciding not to comment on it further.

As their conversation continued and Ruìsāng mentioned, they’d see about that, the other appeared worried. Ruìsāng laughed again, shaking his head. “Don’t worry so much. They say tomorrow will be better, right?” he innocently smiled. Míngtiān huì gèng hǎo. Tomorrow will be better.

The man explained that the Pokémon helped him. “He helps you?” Ruìsāng wondered, casting his mind back to the blur of that first conversation. It had… mostly seemed like the Pokémon was just standing there. Was that really helping?

In turn, the other commented on his Mawile. “Not cuddly?” Ruìsāng echoed, a small, affectionate smile tugging at his lips. “She’s sweet. She wasn’t raised in good circumstances, I think, but she’s a sweetheart to me.” Now, at least. He’d sit on the couch, and she'd be asleep, leaning against him. She was always there, like a comforting weight against him. Just him.

When the phone chimed, signalling the passage of time, Ruìsāng sighed. “You’ll—” he began, but he was interrupted as their drinks were placed on the table.

Sorry, boys. Paying customers came first. Hah! You two have fun,” Chief said, smacking Ruìsāng on his shoulder and doing the same to the other, before disappearing again. Chief had brought them a selection of delectable snacks to accompany their drinks. There were small plates of crispy shrimp served with dipping sauce, bruschettas adorned with sun-dried tomatoes and creamy gogoat cheese, and a platter of assorted sushi rolls, each piece expertly crafted and bursting with flavours. The drinks delivered were Green Swizzles.

Green swizzle: light rum, white overproof rum, absinthe, falernum liqueur, crème de menthe and lime juice

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé gave it some thought and eventually ended up nodding in agreement. Yes, tomorrow would indeed be better, but only because he did not have the same class as today. Which meant they did not have to see each other.

Sāng didn’t seem to understand how the pokémon could help him. Maybe it was strange too, as a pokémon was actively working for him instead of being just a pokémon. It was not very common. “He does all sorts of things. Mostly basic daily life stuff, nothing too special.” It was not that Qiān could cook for him, but he helped him with that too.

Maybe the Mawile was a simple companion after all. “It all depends on how we treat them,” he said. They were far too intelligent and understood so much. The most important thing was that the two of them were a good match. Initially he didn’t want to go for an Inteleon himself, but in the end they were a perfect match for each other.

As soon as he tapped his phone, he could hear footsteps from someone approaching. Their drinks had finally arrived. From the sound of it and the time it took, this was more than a simple drink. Not wanting to accidentally hit anything, Míngzé kept his hands on his lap. The sudden hand against his shoulder made him visibly jump and he couldn’t help moving away from it. This chief guy did not stay long and left soon after, leaving the two of them alone.

“What is all this?” he asked as he scanned the table to no avail. What little light the candle on the table gave, was far from enough to help him. He placed a hand on the table, carefully moving it until the tips of his fingers brushed against a cold glass. That must be his drink, whatever it was. Míngzé pulled it closer and lifted it, that way he could smell it first. As expected, there was alcohol in it, and a lot too. It made his nose almost tingle.

Míngzé could smell there was food and his stomach responded accordingly, making a loud rumbling sound. It had been a few hours since he’d last eaten something and this did not help. He really wanted to try some of it, but didn’t want to accidentally dip his finger in the sauce, so he patiently waited. Surely the other was not stupid and his thought from earlier was false.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng was thoroughly perplexed. Míngzé's explanation about his Pokémon assisting him in mundane daily tasks left him utterly baffled. Why would someone need a Pokémon for something as ordinary as that? His curiosity, despite his attempts to suppress it, eventually got the better of him, prompting him to ask, “Why?

The explanation depended on how people treated their Pokémon, Míngzé pointed out. Ruìsāng hummed with amusement. “No battles, use them for daily tasks?” he pondered aloud. Their perspectives were drastically different, it seemed. Ruìsāng, truth be told, didn't particularly enjoy Pokémon battles. Lìeyàn did. He merely wanted them to be capable enough to safeguard the people he cared about if the need ever arose.

His attention was drawn back when he noticed Chief glancing over his shoulder. Ruìsāng chuckled softly. If there had ever been a figure of authority in his life, it would have been Chief. Perhaps he could have accepted him as such, had he not grown so accustomed to disappointment. Maybe he wouldn’t have pushed him away and moved on if he didn’t fear the alternative consequences.

His contemplation was interrupted when Míngzé inquired about the spread on the table. Ruìsāng blinked in confusion. “Eh. Food?” he replied, his confusion evident. It wasn’t all that extraordinary, right? He glanced back at the food, examining it again. Sure, it was all well prepared, but… it was essentially shrimp, bread, assorted condiments, and sushi. Who— Who didn’t recognize these items? It didn’t appear peculiar to him.

Have you never eaten out?” he asked, his expression a mix of bewilderment and concern. “The drink— it’s a Green Swizzle. It’s strong, so take it easy,” he cautioned, offering a warning. “It’s good though. Give it a try. Chief’s good at what he does.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Was this another joke of his? Surely it must be. Míngzé shot him a look of pure irritation. Why would he need help? Because he was incapable of doing certain things alone. But saying that out loud has always been a struggle. “Forget it,” he said dismissively, hoping the other would let it rest.

“They don’t get hurt during those tasks,” he said and raised his shoulders. To be fair, he did not care if people wanted to participate in pokémon battles. They were free to do whatever they wanted to do. As long as pokémon did not die during one of those battles, it was fine if you’d ask him.

With all the food in front of them, he wanted to try everything, but all he could do was sit there awkwardly. It would be more awkward if he tried to reach for anything and then make a big mess of everything. Míngzé sat still, waiting for more information that never came. Was this guy serious? He opened his mouth to say something, but Sāng was faster and asked him if he had never eaten out. “Of course I ha—” but he cut himself off.

Míngzé stared at the other in surprise while the other was saying something. “You really don't know, do you?” he asked with slightly narrowed eyes. At this point he’d almost think Sāng was the blind one here. He leaned back in his seat, thinking this through. “Don’t you think anything is off?” he decided to ask while gesturing to his own eyes. It was not uncommon for people to not immediately notice his bad eyesight, but this— they’ve spent a whole lesson sitting next to each other.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng knew he could be an annoying little ass, even if he didn’t always intend to be one. When he asked why the Pokémon helped Míngzé out, however, he had been genuine. Hearing the other dismissively say to forget it, clearly annoyed, was a little surprising. Sure, Míngzé had been irritated with him, but that response felt unwarranted. So, naturally, Ruìsāng pouted about it.

The other told him Pokémon didn’t get hurt during those tasks, and Ruìsāng hummed. “I think I’d get hurt if I’d ask my Mawile to do mundane tasks,” he argued. She'd probably amputate at least one limb.

Things only got more confusing when Míngzé asked about the food. Ruìsāng grew a little worried, but then things got even more perplexing. The other asked if he really didn’t know. Ruìsāng blinked. When the other pointed at his eyes, he became even more confused. What… was he supposed to see? He leaned over a little, furrowed his brow, and finally, unable to hold his confusion in any longer, he asked the one thing he had been considering over the course of their conversation,

You’re… autistic?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

A soft chuckle sounded. Qiān had become a bit unruly recently, but nothing too bad. He still did his job. “You can always try it, she might like it.” Probably not. But that was not his problem.

Míngzé thought for sure that Sāng would get it now. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, there were always signs pointing towards his blindness. There was never a reason to say it out loud, to explain it. Most people often realized it themselves. Especially after talking to him. Clearly Sāng wasn’t most people.

You’re… autistic?

Did he just— his jaw dropped as he was utterly lost for words. There was no sign in the tone of his voice that showed he was joking. No, he was very serious. “What?” he asked as soon as he found his voice again. This guy was the biggest idiot he’d ever met. It had to be. “Do you really think I asked you to help me to this table because I’m autistic?” he spoke slowly, making sure the other heard him. Even now he still expected Sāng to say this was all one big joke and make fun of him. “How does that make sense?” It made zero sense.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content