Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Carefull what you wish for

2 posters
Djodie Archeron
IC Posts : 589

Djodie Archeron

Djodie felt like her breath had stopped as she noticed the look on the woman's face. God she must think you're pathetic. Djodie looked down, trying to silence the voice inside her head.
There was a long pause after her words, where neither of them said a thing. The voice inside her head was screaming, and the girl tried everything in her power to stop it. Why hadn't she seen this coming? What was she thinking to call Kaye? Why didn't she call the cops, like every other straight-thinking person?

She's gonna leave. You gotta do something! She's gonna leave and you'll be alone! Panic seemed to slowly lower over the girl as Kaye's words settled into her.
"No, you did. I had just. The wrong idea at the time." Because you're naïve and stupid. Djodie didn't even know what else she was supposed to say now.

A shiver went through her body as Kaye grabbed her hand. Djodie forced herself to look upto the woman. If you just tell her to leave... at least you still have control over this mess of a situation.
God she didn't want her to leave... But telling Kaye to leave was better than Djodie being abandoned. Kaye's words however, where not what Djodie expected.
Regret? Advantage? The redhead wasn't even sure anymore.
"No, no ofcourse not." She answered, putting on her best fake smile. It was her first time - with anyone, and that turned out to be meaningless. It was an understatement that she wasn't exactly happy about the situation.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Red
Birthday: July 19th
Sexuality: Please don't ask these difficult questions
Kaye Mercer
IC Posts : 201

Kaye Mercer
The silence that fell after was broken when Kaye let out a high pitched breath she hadn’t known she was holding. The conflict was written on Djodie’s face. Kaye felt no reassurance in her words, the smile that the redhead showed her felt disingenuous and made Kaye’s gaze falter. Her fingers flinched slightly around Djodie’s hand. “Then, I’m truly sorry.” Hurt had crept into her voice, pained expression on her face as a silence fell. There they sat. She was still holding Djodie’s hand as her eyes were settled on a place somewhere to the left of that, not really seeing anything as she was mulling over it all in her head. Her hold on Djodie’s hand helped ground her, preventing her from grabbing her coat and sprinting down the hallway like a fugitive on the run for the law.

Her pale blue eyes searched for Djodie’s deeper blue orbs once more as the next words lay on her lips. “Do you still want me to stay?” it was no more than a whisper, audible in the deafening silence that hung in the apartment. The whole space feels no longer warm and welcoming, but more like trespassing. Invading in Djodie’s home, a place she clearly had no place to begin with. That much had been clear from the get go and yet, here she sat. Holding her hand and sitting on her couch after taking her home and patching her up. Dumb fool.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: K, Mercer
Birthday: 25 February 1994
Sexuality: Lesbian
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

The woman apologised once more and Djodie felt like she wanted to scream at her. To scream and yell and hit her and whatever not.
Little, stupid, naïve girl. Djodie slowly took a sip from the tea, that was still hot, on the verge of burning her mouth.
Kaye was still holding her hand, and Djodie had heared the painfull tone in her voice, yet was unable to respond.

"Do you still want me to stay?" It was like a bomb of voices exploded in her mind, yelling all through each other, not one of them voing clear enough for Djodie to actually hear. Kaye's words were barely above a whisper. This was so different than to woman she had met in that bar.
God she should have ignored that drink.
But as Djodie looked up at Kaye, the expression on the woman's face broke something inside her. If she indeed meant nothing to Kaye - then why was the woman still here?
Sure, you tell yourself whatever you want to believe.
Djodie let out a soft sigh, placed her other hand on top of Kaye's. "I do. But only if you really want that."

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kaye Mercer

Kaye Mercer
There she sat, dreading Djodie’s answer, her insides twisting in all directions. Feeling her shoulders straighten in anticipation as if she was expecting to be hit in the face. Perhaps she preferred that. At least with that she knew how to deal. Though for the second time since their meetup, Djodie managed to took Kaye completely by surprise when she felt a soft hand on top of her own. Head shooting up to look at Djodie with a sliver of disbelief visible in her eyes. She wanted her to stay! Her heart made a leap, a pathetic feeling as relief flooded through her veins. “I’m glad.” Her voice was a little breathless when she spoke, squeezing Djodie’s fingers. A tiny hint of a smile passed her face. They weren’t out of the woods yet, but it was a step in the right direction.

Kaye’s expression turned serious once more as she spoke. “I am going to be honest, I want to stay, but I think I need some space right now.” the words left her feeling strangely vulnerable. It was not like her to voice her needs about these kinds of matters this candidly, a sense of shame seeping through her. She wanted to remain the strong one who never faltered, but she was tired, her emotions whirling through her like a hurricane. “But, I want to make it up to you. I want to make it right. What I did.” it was spoken slowly, with meticulous care, her fingers curling around Djodie’s and squeezing a little. “I want to get to know you better. If you still want me to, that is.” She wrung her hand from between Djodie’s and began to adjust her shirt, suddenly very interested in the fabric as she tried to button it up, cursing silently at her fingers what seemed to have become absolutely inept at this task.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

"I'm glad." For a moment Djodie sat there with disbelieve in her eyes. Was she... going to stay? She didn't leave her? Tension formed in her throat as she felt tears build up behind her eyes. Relief washed through her.

She was even more blown away when Kaye answered that she did want to stay, but needed some space at this moment. Healthy communication?
"If I still want you? Kaye, it's 3 in the morning and I didn't kick you out." Djodie said with a faint playfull undertone, trying to lower the tension in the room. Kaye pulled her hand back from Djodie's and the girl watched the woman nervously trying to button up her top. Just as she had stood, shaking with her apartment key.
"Come here." Carefully Djodie scootched a bit closer, quickly buttoned the woman's shirt and took her distance after. The girl finished her tea while her mind was racing.
"You can take a smoke if you want, I have a small balcony." Djodie pointed at the balcony door. That way they'd both have a moment to get over their own emotions. Djodie stood up, walked to the kitchen to pour herself another cup of tea.
As she waited for the water to boil, the tears she had been holding finally broke and rolled over her cheeks.
Gods. Relief flowed through her head as she was trying to realise what happened. She had really expected the woman to leave. She had half expected herself to hit Kaye. Good thing she didn't.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kaye Mercer

Kaye Mercer
The button proved to be a worthy adversary as Kaye’s fingers seemed unable to get it closed, keeping her blue eyes downcast as she stupidly fumbled with the object. Not looking up as Djodie spoke- until she felt Djodie scoot closer, the sound of fabric sliding over fabric as suddenly the redhead was right next to her, warm hands closing around her own as Djodie closed the button for her- and moved back again. Kaye sat a bit straighter, an amused smile playing around her face as she regarded her. “Getting bold already, interesting.” she remarked teasingly.

Though Kaye had to silently admit to herself she was glad when Djodie disappeared towards the kitchen. Her entire mind was swimming and she felt beyond exhausted. She wanted to go home- no, she wanted to go to The Golden Eye, have a drink and sit in Kaz his - probably empty- office and have a moment of peace and quiet. With a deep sigh she rose from the seater and gathered her coat, the leather slipping on comfortably as the scent of tobacco that hung around it comforted her in that moment. Hells below, she needed a fucking smoke. With careful strides she made her way towards the kitchen but lingered in the doorway, looking at Djodie’s back that faced her. “I think you misunderstood. When I said I needed space, I meant I was leaving.” She stuck an unlit cigarette between her lips, coat hanging open as she leaned lazily against the doorframe-, wait .. “Djodie, are you all right?” worry seeped back into her voice as she straightened herself back, cautious but not yet approaching.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Djodie smiled as she pulled up an eyebrow. "Now now, just be glad I'm buttoning up, not down." She answered teasingly, yet there was a faint tension in here voice - this was not her most comfortable topic. Not sober anyway.

As she stood up and walked towards the kitchen, she was surprised to hear Kaye's voice from behind her.
'Are you alright?' Quickly the redhead dried her tears and turned around.
"Yeah, no - don't worry. It's relief, that's all." There was a small hint of dissapointment as she realised she had misunderstood Kaye. But she could understand, this was probably a big step for her already. Djodie had to stay low a little, as she didn't want to scare Kaye off.

"I'm sorry - I misunderstood. That's fine ofcourse. Just let me know when you're up for something, okay?" Djodie smiled, dissapointment fading, turning into something that looked a lot like happyness.
"Can - Can I kiss you?"

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kaye Mercer

Kaye Mercer
A quick movement of her hand before Djodie turned around, her eyes a little read and watery making Kaye’s worry grow only more. Kaye nevertheless gave a little nod, understanding not to push right now and remaining where she stood. This was probably a lot for Djodie too. This whole evening had gone in a direction that Kaye had not expected or ever could have predicted. But at least Djodie was patched up, safe and the tension cleared enough that both of them no longer felt like exploding if a tiny match was lit. She gave another nod, a tinier one as Djodie also emphasized for Kaye to let her know when she was up for something. The beast inside of her that told her to run and hide herself was still as strong as ever, ever present but perhaps also .. ready to be subdued.

For now, Kaye took the cigarette out of her mouth, balancing the delicate object between thumb and pointer finger and running a quick hand through her hair. Her natural instinct was to move forward and take the lead, but as of right now she restrained herself. Deciding to let Djodie initiate. “Of course, sweet girl.” Kaye murmured with a flicker of amusement in her pale eyes, shooting Djodie a look as if she wanted to say: ‘’Bold little thing.”  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Djodie Archeron

Djodie Archeron

Djodie noticed the worry in Kaye as the woman studied her eyes, that where probably still red and watery. Though her explaination seemed to calm the woman down a bit. It was a lot for both of them.
Djodie tilted her head as she noticed how small the nod was after she asked her to let her know when Kye was ready to see her again.
"Or would you like me to give you a call? I don't want to be pushy.."

As the woman took the cigarette out of her mouth, let her other hand slide through her hair, Djodie felt that small flame burning again. God, this woman...
Kaye answered agreeing words - but didn't take the lead that Djodie had expected. Shyly the redhead stepped forward, closing the distance. Placing a hand right above Kaye's chest - like she had done before... and kissed her gently on the lips.
As she broke the kiss, she stepped back a bit and shot her a shy smile.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kaye Mercer

Kaye Mercer
There was no trace of hesitation in Djodie’s movement, yet the way she carried herself told Kaye she was not yet entirely comfortable with this whole exchange. Though Kaye found her shyness incredibly endearing. Her own heart began to speed up as Djodie approached. The taller woman automatically leaned down so she was able to be reached. A small hand placed on her chest, and ..

Their kiss was very much not like their last shared kiss. One where they had both been in the heat of the moment, full of passion and need and yearning and want. This one was modest and sweet. And ended too soon ..

Kaye opened her eyes and smiled lightly, meeting Djodie’s eyes. A gentle expression on her face. “See you around.” Was the last thing she managed with a voice that sounded huskier than normal. She gave a small wink, turned around and made her way with graceful steps towards the door. Before she knew it she was outside, back in Marcus' car and  turning the key to start the ignition. Time for a drink.

END. 

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content