Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Magic in your bones

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

It was not exactly that he did not trust her, more that he did not believe in her abilities. He only hummed softly as he grabbed his card to pay for the tea. The magical pot he would simply place under his bed as she told him to, who knows, maybe she was speaking the truth after all.

The moment Míngzé started asking his question, he knew he had made a mistake. This was something he should’ve kept to himself, yet here he was, asking a difficult question to someone he still believed was a fraud. Not that it mattered, she had no idea either. Unless… “Not really protection, no.” It was in a way growing, as certain things became clearer, even when he did not want them to. Míngzé understood the feelings he sometimes got better than before, felt the emotion behind them.

It was horrible.

“Perhaps.” He might as well have said yes. In a way, they were definitely related. “As I assume you can’t simply rip them out once they have manifested, I thought— maybe— you know what, nevermind. It’d be a waste of your time,” Míngzé said as he shook his head. It was stupid to ask her about it and he should’ve never done so. Already he took a step back and turned around, completely forgetting his purchases.

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Simura von Sylverstern
IC Posts : 399
Simura von Sylverstern
His new inquiry had piqued her interest. Though a bit controversial, Simmy had believed from the very moment that these affinities were the gods' ways to link people to magic. It was in part the reason she'd come to Cerynia of all places, to hopefully connect with that part of magic herself. She hadn't yet, but to meet someone that had... As he explained, her mind started to race. Related to his nightmares? Could it be that strange, dark thing she felt looming over him when he entered?  Despite all the questions burning on her lips, Simmy kept her mouth shut - fearing she might scare him away with the slightest breath in the wrong direction.

She was right. Even saying nothing had discouraged him. While she was still mulling over his words, Míngzé had already turned his back towards her in an attempt to leave. "No! Wait!" she called out, hoping it would stop him in time. Simmy grabbed the paper bag and rushed over towards him, nearly toppling over on her bad knee. "First off, you forgot your goodies,"  she dangled the bag in front of him. "Second off, I don't know much about affinities, yet.  And shame on you for assuming it would be a waste of my time!" she joked, offering him a bright smile in the hope it would comfort him. "What about this? I'll look into it, okay? And if you want to know more about it, you can come visit again in some time. And if not, that's fine too! But I'll be here, and I'll look into it,"

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Simmy, Sim
Birthday: 24-11
Sexuality: fuck around and find out :)
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

By blocking his path, she gave him no room for escape, not with everything piled around him. Míngzé even took a step back before he would bump into her. Right, his tea and magical pot, he almost forgot it in his hurry to forget all about this. But she didn’t let him go. The question had piqued her curiosity, that much was clear. “Thanks,” he muttered as he grabbed the bag.

Míngzé gritted his teeth as she began talking. “Researching something that would go against your beliefs would not be a waste of time?” There was no way she shared his thoughts about affinities that did not fit her whole character and the shop. Still, he got the impression that she wanted to help him with this, which came as a surprise. Míngzé blinked a few times while he did not know what to say.

“I don’t—” A deep sigh escaped. It was a good offer and she might actually be able to find something. Anything. It was more than he had before. Maybe a small light at the end of an endlessly dark tunnel. “Sure, if you don’t mind it. It’s not like there are a lot of other options.” Not in a society were everyone loved the thought of affinities and thought they were a blessing.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Simura von Sylverstern
IC Posts : 399
Simura von Sylverstern
She cocked in confusion her head at his question. "Why would it go against my beliefs..?" the girl slowly shook her head. "Personally, I think affinities are great! But, you know, I do very much believe people have agency and a choice," she explained with a shrug. "Even those who love and respect magic can still decided to have nothing to do with it and shield themselves from it," that was a belief not everyone shared, but she would not tell him such a thing. It was something she'd fought about with a lot of her more conservative teachers back at home.

He still seemed reluctant, but to her surprise, her answer seemed to make him backtrack at least a little bit. That was enough of a victory for her. "Deal!" She beamed. "No strings attached," The girl offered him a wink he surely wouldn't see. Whatever. "You know where to find me!"

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Simmy, Sim
Birthday: 24-11
Sexuality: fuck around and find out :)
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Sāng had once warned him that taking this path could be dangerous, that there was no saying what it could do. There was no denying that it could indeed make things worse. It was not like there was evidence that this was even possible, let alone that it was safe. But there was no harm done by simply asking around and trying to find something that could help.

She explained to him that she was willing to help, making Míngzé hum in response. All he had to do was come back here after a while. No strings attached as she told him. “Sure, alright,” he decided with a nod. Without making any promises that he would indeed be back, he turned around toi leave. This time with the bag in his hands, but also carrying a feeling of uncertainty with him.

Maybe in time, he would come back here.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content