Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Kingdom For A Heart

2 posters
Vince Newman
IC Posts : 406

Vince Newman
The last two days he felt like he had been floating. As if he had been on a cloud with a weird mixture of feelings and emotions. Being able to spend these days with someone that he genuinely cared for, yet couldn't speak his mind about said feelings and emotions. He had felt a connection, something deeper than just friendship, growing within his being and he wasn't sure if it had been real or just the affinity finally taking root in his soul. After the first day had gone by in a blurry set of memories, Vince finally had the chance to think about what was going on at  the second day. To speak with Sang about what had happened on that beach and introduce him to Bulsin when they went to get his pokémons. The Flareon had been hesitant, as he had been to anyone that wasn't Vince, but in the end the two ended up being friendly to each other. He had even taken the pokémon with him to the Christmas Market, as was part of his project to re-socialize him. A training that went relatively well, as long as he wasn't trying to scourge your eyebrows.

Right now, Vince found himself having trouble to fall asleep. His mind racing, thinking about everything that had happened in this year. The realisation that was slowly setting in and the fear that it had brought with it. He had felt a tug within himself, as if someone or something was telling him that it was alright, that he should be safe, that no harm would come to him. Once again, he placed his hand on his chest, a familiar warmth spreading over his torso. Looking to his side, he noticed the man sleeping next to him, softly and serene. One of the few times were Sang wasn't a big ball of tense and it gave him some kind of peace as well. Knowing that they both could be happy, even with the burdens that each of them had to carry, alone.

Just when he felt himself finally drift away in a seemingly peaceful shift, Sang next to him moved, a phone rang and the annoyance was dripping from the mans voice as he spoke in hush tones. Vince wanted to ask what was going on, to which Sang told him to go back to sleep. So, he lowered himself on the pillow, but didn't sleep, he listened to the conversation, wondering in what kind of trouble Sang had gotten himself into this time.

It looked like he eventually did fall back asleep, because when he woke up again, the sun had just risen. He looked on his phone, to find out that it was just past six in the morning, but the thing that worried him more was that Sang was gone. Checking his phone again, he noticed a message that he had an arrant to run and that he would be home soon. Although it didn't sit well with the greenhaired boy, he knew better than to worry. If there was someone who could defend himself, it would be him. But this also gave him the opportunity to do something he had in mind since yesterday. As the bonfire was soon and he still wanted to bake his traditional cookies to give to everyone, but he needed the supplies. So now that Sang wasn't home, he could do that without getting bothered all the time. He smiled to himself while he got up from bed, not that he had minded to get bothered by Sang.

Not even half an hour later, Vince walked outside of the building, with his hair still a bit damp and humming on the rhyme of a song that had been stuck in his head for a couple of days now. He knew exactly what he was going to get and were to get it, so this wouldn't even be the longest of trips. That's why he had decided to not take Bulsin with him, hoping that the Flareon wouldn't burn down Sang's apartment in the meantime.

It was a moment that went on forever, or at least it felt like that. The moment he felt the blade against his neck, he knew it was too late to react. Fear gripping, anxiety levels rising, Vince froze. A hand on his back forced him to walk with the strangers, into a dimly lid alley way that was not of his liking. Wanting to scream, he felt his voice stuck in his throat, afraid of getting the knife pushed deeper in it. Three figures appeared around him, including the one that was holding the knife and now his arm twisted on his back. As his golden eyes glazed over them, Vince noticed that one of them had a tattoo of something that he most definitively recognized. "W-Why." Was the only word he could speak, before the point of the knife got pushed just a bit further in his neck, breaking through the skin and drawing blood. Vince felt how his body started to tremble. He thought himself finally happy and free, and yet he was cornered and under attack again.

"네 아버지의 뜻을 거역하지 말라. 우리는 그의 눈에 항상 있다. 다시는 이 길로 오지 말게." The one in front of him spoke. Underneath the fear that was coursing through his body, Vince felt a hint of anger raising. He should have known, he should have understood that he would never be free of that bastards. "내 길을 가려 하지 마라. 나는 너희의 그림자에 굴하지 않을 것이다." He snapped back, yelping when the knife went deeper and his arm twisted stronger. Trying to get himself out of this situation would be pointless. His martial arts training was on a down low, he had no idea what to do here. He had no pokémon, he couldn't reach for his  phone to get help. The only thing he could do was was comply to what the shadows were telling him. "그리 쉽게 도망가지 못할 것이다. 너의 선택에는 대가가 따를 것이다." Vince's head snapped right back up, a certain fire in his eyes. "대가라면 무엇이든 감당하리라. 나는 나만의 길을 택하리라." He spat the words right back at the person in front of him.
"그렇게 말하길 바랐다. 다시 찾아올 것이다."
The green haired boy winced when he felt the knife push deeper in his throat, before it got removed and a sharp pain was felt just behind his ear. Within seconds, all three of them had disappeared and the world seemed to be a little bit brighter.

Vince fell to his knees, shaking and feeling nauseous. Tears burning behind his eyes while he used a free hand to check on his throat. Blood coloured his fingers red and he felt like throwing up. Sitting on his knees, he reached for his pocket, his vision blurry from the tears, the anxiety and general fear. With only two taps on his phone, he rang the one person he knew could help him. Sang.

outgoing call to Byeolbit

Translations:
1)  "Do not defy your father's will. We are always watching. Never tread this path again."
2) "Do not interfere with my path. I will not yield to your shadows."
3)  "You won't escape so easily. There will be consequences for your choices."
4)  "Whatever the cost, I'll bear it. I will choose my own path."
5)  "We hoped you'd say that, we will find you again."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vinnie
Birthday: 01-04-2003
Sexuality: Gay
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981

Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
There was bound to be a day where Ruìsāng would get into a car crash, all because of captivating golden eyes and a smile that haunted him — one he didn’t deserve.

His reaction was visceral when Vince’s call came. Leaving the Golden Eye and Kaye without a backward glance, Ruìsāng’s decision was swift. Kaye had already consumed too much of his time. If Vince needed him, then that was where he would be. The thought of Vince in distress ignited a fierce protectiveness in him, a burning resolve to confront any threat head-on.

Bursting through the back door of the Golden Eye, Ruìsāng’s voice was edged with urgency, demanding to know the extent of Vince’s injuries. His mind raced, formulating a plan to counter the brewing storm of his rage, a storm that threatened to unleash its fury on whoever dared to lay a finger on the boy. Vince’s revelation — a knife at his throat — clenched Ruìsāng’s anger tight around him like a vice, his fist balling, a muttered oath escaping his lips vowing retribution.

Yet, amidst the swirling tempest of his emotions, Ruìsāng’s primary concern was Vince’s wellbeing. His questions, though tinged with a barely contained fury, sought to assess the urgency of Vince’s situation. Vince’s hesitant answers did little to quell the rising panic in Ruìsāng, until he learned the crucial detail — the wound was bleeding but treatable. A flicker of relief, but still, Ruìsāng’s distrust of doctors echoed in his decision to handle it himself.

In his car, keys trembling in his grip, Ruìsāng’s drive was a blur of speed and heightened awareness. His thoughts raced, split between the road and Vince’s trembling voice on the phone, a symphony of distress that tore at his heartstrings. The sound of Vince’s sobs unleashed a primal urge in Ruìsāng — a violent desire to annihilate those responsible, countered by an unfamiliar, overwhelming impulse to envelop Vince in his protection.

A promise extracted from Vince, ensuring the assailants weren’t in sight, barely restrained Ruìsāng from calling in favours for immediate retribution. The revelation that Vince recognized his attackers fueled a familiar rage, forcing Ruìsāng to slam on the brakes to avoid a crash. Internally cursing, he struggled to maintain a semblance of calm for Vince’s sake.

Finally arriving, Ruìsāng’s movements were a mix of hesitation and urgency as he stepped up to the boy, falling to his knees in front of him. “Vince?” he called out — his voice nearly cracking. His eyes, red with anger and concern, fixed on the blood, the hand pressed to Vince’s neck.

He would kill them.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He wondered where Sang was the moment he called him. It was the little piece of reality that he clung to, while his golden eyes flicked from left to right, searching the shadows. Waiting to see those masks again, hearing that voice again. He had pressed his free hand against his neck, while he was talking to the man on the other side of the line. Trying to think rational, he told him that it wasn't necessary to get an ambulance. The cut was probably not that deep, or he hoped so at least, but the blood was coming out in a stable trickle. It would hopefully not be life-threatening, but at least it wouldn't make Sang crash his car to get to him. While on the phone, he sat down against the brick wall, tears burning behind his eyes, while he tried not to start crying on the side of the road. It was a futile thing to do, because the stress and fear had to come out eventually. And when the adrenaline from going against those three fades, he felt how his body was trembling and tears rolled down his cheeks. Hiding his face in his one arm, he felt utterly weak and sick. The fear of bringing someone else in his personal problems, someone who he cared for deeply, that just wasn't right. He should never have called Sang. He should have dealt with it himself. But he couldn't, he wasn't strong enough for that. Wanting to scream, to curse, to hit the wall behind him, he sat there in silence, listening to the man on the other side of the line, telling him he would be fine. And for a fleeting moment, he doubted the words Sang told him.

He looked up when he heard the sound of a car, a door slammed shut and someone falling on his knees before him. A worried voice calling his name. His golden eyes red from crying, his voice weak. "Sang." He was here, for him, because he had called him. If his assailants were still around, he would get hurt. He knew the gangs, they wouldn't stop at nothing, not if his father was paying them. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He cried, hiding his face in his arm. "I'm not strong enough, I couldn't do anything. T-they threatened me. That I can never outrun my father." His words were muffled, but the fear was there.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

At those words, Ruìsāng felt a profound ache in his heart, a yearning to envelop Vince in his arms and shield him from the world. He wanted to be Vince's bastion, to vow that no harm would ever touch him again. Yet, he hesitated, uncertain if his embrace would be a comfort or a further burden in this moment. Instead, Ruìsāng sat with his hands clenched in his lap, his expression etched with concern and frustration as Vince poured out his feelings.

Vince's admission of feeling weak and powerless tightened Ruìsāng's jaw, his nails biting into his palms in a physical manifestation of his rising protective instinct. Taking a deep, steadying breath, Ruìsāng gently reached out, his hand resting reassuringly on the arm Vince hid behind.

Don’t apologise,” he said firmly, his voice a mix of command and comfort. Ruìsāng wanted Vince to understand that apologies were unnecessary, especially for being himself. “You don’t have to be. This won’t happen again,” he vowed with unwavering conviction. If Vince felt weak, Ruìsāng would be his strength. He might have doubted his own adequacy in many things, but in this, he was resolute.

No need to outrun him. I’m here. You can stay with me, okay?” Ruìsāng’s offer was tender yet firm, hoping to coax Vince’s arm down so he could better assess his condition. His priority was to get Vince home, to safety, but he knew Vince needed a moment to unravel, to be vulnerable. And Ruìsāng was prepared to be there, ready to gather the broken pieces and help Vince rebuild.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He felt small, so utterly small. If he could, he would disappear, be gone from the pain and the shame. There had been nothing he could do, he would never be strong enough to work against it. He had trained, a little bit, with Bulsin, yet he had decided to let the Pokémon stay at home. He had been dumb and paid the price for it.

Sang told him not to apologise, it wasn’t his fault. He wanted to shake his head, to go against it. It had been his fault, he had been incompetent. He wanted to disagree, to scream, to tell him that he wasn’t safe. The man vowed that it wouldn’t happen again, but he couldn’t be sure. They both couldn’t be sure. His father had eyes everywhere, this was the perfect example. He would never be safe, ever. Not until he would go back.

Shaking, he looked up at Sang, fear reflecting in his golden eyes. He shook his head slowly, when the man told him that he was there now and that he didn’t need to outrun his father. ”I can’t.” His voice shaking, while he started to feel nauseous. ”He will target you, I won’t let him Sang. You’re important to me. If he notices that, he will target you.” New tear rolled down his face, but he lowered his hand so that Sang could check the wound in his neck.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Even amidst the turmoil, as Ruìsāng sought to ease Vince's panic, Vince was concerned about him. Shaking his head gently, Ruìsāng lifted his hand to carefully examine Vince’s neck. His heart clenched with worry, then released in a sigh of relief upon realising the bleeding wasn’t severe.

They won’t get away with this,” Ruìsāng murmured, his voice a low growl, as he signalled his Mawile to approach. The Pokémon, sensing the gravity of the situation, emerged with a keen gaze. Ruìsāng unwrapped a section of his bandage, offering it to the Mawile. Since his own wounds had healed and the bandages were mainly to conceal the extent of his scars from prying eyes, the fabric was cleaner than any other makeshift option he might have found.

We’ll take care of this at home,” he assured Vince with a voice that was calm yet carried an undercurrent of suppressed fury. He pressed the bandage gently against the wound, his touch delicate yet firm. With his other hand, he tenderly wiped a tear from Vince’s cheek, his eyes softening.

Your father can get in line. If he wants to touch you, he’ll have to go through me,” he declared with a protective firmness. Ruìsāng’s mind flashed back to the first incident, how he had hoped never to see Vince in such a state again. And yet, here they were, facing a situation far more grave. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
The murmur, the low growl that escaped from Sang, it made him shiver like he threw a bucket of ice water over him. Shaking his head, he looked up at the man, his eyes still red from crying. "No, please no. Sang. He will kill you. Please, don't do this." But his voice was weak, shaky still. He didn't want to lose him, not like this, not because of something he had done.

His body was still trembling, the fear of the men returning prominently present. He wanted to disappear, wait till this was all over. If only he was capable of that. If only he could stand up to his father, tell him what he thought about this attack. Tell him to leave him alone. But he couldn't. Because deep down, he was just a boy. Not an heir apparent, not good enough to help others, he couldn't even rescue two pokémon without almost dying. He was simply, just a boy, a kid, in it far over his head.

He let Sang do what needed to be done, keeping pressure over the wound, while he looked at his hands. His golden eyes lost their spark, as he sunk deeper against the wall. he was scared, scared of what was coming. If this was just the start, how would his father react. He couldn't run, just like they told him, he could choose his own path, yet he would always be in the shadow of his father. And they would find him again, they would do this again. And if Sang was there.

Vince blinked a few times, looking up at the man helping him. "You're in danger." He said softly, words leaving his mouth before his mind had a change to think them over. "If you're here with me, they will come for you. Because you protect me, they will hurt you." He placed a hand on Sang's chest, not yet pushing him away. "You shouldn't be here. You're in danger because of me, Sang, please." He couldn't look him in his eyes, not for this.

"Leave."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng had long pondered the lengths to which he would go for those he cherished. For Alastor, he knew without hesitation that he would cross the darkest lines; he would kill, he would lay down his own life in a sacrificial act of protection. Such dire circumstances, fortunately, remained untested with Alastor, existing only as haunting 'what ifs' that lurked in the shadowed corners of Ruìsāng's mind.

Now, however, the idea of blood staining his hands felt like a second skin, gloves tailor-made for his soul's darkest desires. The way Vince gazed up at him ignited an urge to rise, to unleash a wrath so fearsome that not even the echoes of his enemies’ legacies would remain. Yet, there he sat, anchored by the fear trembling in Vince's voice — a voice that shattered Ruìsāng's resolve and sewed a vow deep within his heart. A vow that such terror would never touch Vince again.

I don’t care. Let them come,” Ruìsāng whispered, his voice a soft caress in the tense air. He remained steadfast, feeling the hesitant pressure of Vince's hand against his chest. He wasn't pushed away — not yet. But he understood the impulse, the instinct to protect that resonated so deeply within himself. Yet, he had chosen not to act on it. For once, he had stepped beyond the fear, letting Vince's warmth seep into his very core, encircling his heart with an inescapable, tender vice.

Letting go now would be stupid.

Leaning forward, Ruìsāng's chest pressed gently against Vince's hand, a silent affirmation of his presence. “You see, it’s too late for that, Vince. You’re worth the risk,” he murmured with a gentle smile. In a world that demanded so much of them, where every choice was a battle, Vince had been his respite.

Slowly, he lifted his hand, gently placing it over Vince’s on his chest. “I have pushed away many, but not you. Not this time. I won’t let you either,” he continued, his expression one of quiet resolve.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He shook his head, heavily in denial about this whole plan. "I won't. I won't let them come for you." He spoke softly, looking at his hand pressed against Sang's chest. He didn't want to push him away, he didn't want to be alone again. But he couldn't bare the thought of losing him, having his heart getting ripped out of his chest because he finally found someone to care about, to care for.

Sang pressed back, slowly, but feasible. Vince looked at it, from the hand to the red eyes that were focused on him. He wanted to shake his head again, go against everything that he was telling him. "I'm not." He whispered, casting his gaze down. "I thought I could be happy here, for the past ten years I was happy here. But it looks like my time has ran out." He shudders.

When Sang placed his hand over his, he looked up. Uncertain what to do with it, he removed his hand, grabbing Sang's with both. "I'm not going to let them kill you. I.." He shook his head. "No, it's nothing." He couldn't, not now, not in this scenario. Vince looked up, his eyes bewildered looking around. "I don't think they are coming back." He sighed, rubbing the last of the tears from his eyes. "Let's go home."
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

In that moment, as he listened to Vince’s words, happiness now seemingly slipping away, Ruìsāng's smile took on a watery, heartfelt quality. He absorbed every word, the boy’s admission of fleeting joy and the end of it. Shaking his head with a quiet resolve, Ruìsāng silently vowed not to let Vince’s newfound peace be shattered. He understood that mere promises were not enough; words often fell short. What he needed to offer was action – tangible demonstrations of fun, safety, and a semblance of love, as close as Ruìsāng was capable of giving.

When Vince spoke of protecting him, of not letting harm come his way, Ruìsāng’s expression softened further. He appreciated the sentiment, the fierceness in Vince's vow. Yet, he made his own silent pledge – not only to make those who threatened them regret their actions but also to envelop Vince in a world where he could genuinely feel happiness, a sense of security.

Gently, Ruìsāng stood, carefully coaxing Vince to his feet, his hand ready to offer support, to bear some of Vince's weight if needed. “Let’s go home,” he stated simply, a profound meaning imbued in the word 'home'. Perhaps it would be best, he mused, if Vince stayed with him for a while. In that single word, 'home', lay an unspoken promise of refuge where Vince might rediscover the joy that had been so cruelly threatened.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He had some things to think about. But this wasn't the place to do that. His ass was getting cold, feeling numb from the brick wall he was sitting against. Thankfully, Sang agreed with him that it was best to go home. Home, a weird word to use in this scenario. It wasn't his home, he had barged in a few days back and stuck. He wanted to be able to protect, not only himself but also the man who was sitting in front of him. He was thankful for the hand that got extended, so that he could stand up easier. "Thanks." He murmured softly, leaning against Sang for a moment. Sighing softly, he nodded to the man, ready to go home.

While walking, he was mulling over some things, breathing in deeply before looking to his side, to Sang. "Hi." He started softly, trying to get his attention. "Can I ask you something?" Maybe he should have just get to the point, not dangle around it longer. But words were difficult, the fear still within himself. He needed a good cold shower to get that out of his system, maybe a nights rest. "Can you help me train?"
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

As they made their way back to Ruìsāng’s apartment, he was mindful to adjust his pace to match Vince's comfort. His hand rested on Vince's lower back, a simple gesture meant to offer both comfort and stability. It served as a silent communication, allowing Ruìsāng to sense any change in Vince's movement, ready to provide support or catch him if necessary.

When Vince broke the silence with his questions, Ruìsāng turned his head slightly, his eyebrows arching in mild surprise. At the first query, he responded with a concise and affirmative, “Always.

The second question seemed to soften Ruìsāng’s demeanour further, his gaze becoming gentle as he nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I think that’s a good idea,” he said. The possessive part of his mind whispered — his, his, his to protect — yet he recognized the practicality of Vince learning to defend himself.

After a brief pause, he added, “Like, you and me or with your Pokémon?” The question came naturally, as Ruìsāng was open to either option.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
How to voice this question? He thought about it while they were walking, while he was waiting on an answer from the man. It wasn’t even that difficult to ask, or at least it shouldn’t be. But he had praised himself for not wanting to participate in training his Pokémon, so this would go against everything he was standing for. However, it became abundantly clear that he was straight up well, weak. If this was to happen again, he would be powerless and maybe next time wouldn’t end well. He shuddered at that thought, but it was something he had to take in consideration.

When he actually asked the question, he was somewhat surprised with the answer. No whys or buts, just the option. A returning question. Him or his Pokémon. Vince’s golden eyes looked at Sang for a moment, before he averted his gaze and sighed. ”Both, I guess.” Shyly, he rubbing the back of his neck, not wanting to look at the man next to him at this moment. He hated this feeling of being powerless, being weak. Never had he he to worry about getting attack, about seeing him not wanting to train his Pokémon as a weakness. But he had been forced to see the facts, in a very painful manner. So maybe it was time to resume the thing he had ran away for back home.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng's heart ached as he watched Vince, the lively spark that usually lit up his demeanour now dimmed to a mere flicker. Vince had often been shy, but now, his glances away as if avoiding something, made Ruìsāng's jaw tighten with a mix of concern and helplessness. He longed to do more, to somehow lift Vince out of this shadowed state, but for the moment, his presence and support were all he could offer.

The subject turned to helping Vince build confidence through physical and Pokémon training. While Ruìsāng believed in the idea, the reality of their sessions was far from what he had envisioned. Ruìsāng let out a soft sigh, his heart heavy. He gently nudged Vince closer, trying to bridge the gap between them, hoping to catch his gaze.

Yes. Of course, I will help,” Ruìsāng affirmed, his voice soft yet resolute. He was determined to carve out time for this, anything to restore a sense of safety and strength in Vince.

We’ll make it work, alright?” he reassured. Ruìsāng understood Vince's aversion to battling; it wasn't about confrontation but about finding a path to empowerment. His own style in battles was defensive, a methodical wearing down of the opponent, providing an opening for attack. For Vince, this could be a strategy that could work. Ruìsāng was committed to preserving Vince's gentle nature, refusing to let it be extinguished by the cruelty of others.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Should be count himself lucky with a friend like Sang? He probably should, yet he wasn’t sure. The man had come to his rescue twice already, the only thing he could do was getting intro trouble and not being able to get himself out of said trouble. Maybe it was better if he was to leave for a short while. Vince shook his head slightly at that thought. No. He couldn’t bare the thought of leaving. He didn’t want to leave Sang, leave the city, his friends. It would only make him a bigger target, but it would keep the others save… He sighed, fiddling with the zipper of his jacket while he sunk deeper in his own head.

A soft smile was on his face when Sang pulled him in closer, the warmth of the man trying to seep into his being. But he was afraid and fear blocked everything right now. He felt cold, within himself he felt cold. As if something was missing, was taken. He shuddered shortly, trying to keep his warm demeanour up, but failed. ” Thanks.” He said softly, but genuine. Glad that Sang was able to help him, knowing how strong the man was. This could work out, it had to work out. It was the best plan he could think of right now.

With one hand he put a lose strand of his hair behind his ear, only to winch in pain. He stopped, looking at his hand only to see some fresh blood. Feeling behind his air, he noticed that it was wet. ”Eh?” He spoke out loud, confused about what this was and where the blood was coming from.

(If Sang would check, there is a little 見 mark behind Vince’s right ear.)
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Vince's words of gratitude were met with a dismissive shake of Ruìsāng's head. “Between you and me there’s no need for thanks,” he asserted firmly. His tone conveyed a deep-seated sense of loyalty. It was the same unwavering commitment that had once driven him to undertake the perilous journey to Shadowfell for Alastor.

The moment Vince abruptly stopped, Ruìsāng halted in tandem, a crease forming on his brow in concern. He watched, puzzled, as Vince reached behind his ear, and then Ruìsāng's eyes widened in shock. Gently, but with a sense of urgency, he placed his thumb on Vince’s cheek, tilting his face for a clearer view.

There it was, the character 見 — ‘Jiàn’, meaning ‘to see’ in Fènghuáng — cruelly etched into the skin behind Vince's ear. A wave of anger surged through Ruìsāng, so potent that even his Mawile reacted, growling lowly and snapping her jaws in the air, mirroring her owner's emotional turmoil.

For a few heartbeats, Ruìsāng was silent, his gaze fixated on the mark as he struggled to control his breathing. The impulse to hunt down those responsible was overwhelming, yet he knew he couldn't leave Vince's side—not now. His priority had to be Vince's well-being, not vengeance.

But deep within, a vow formed, a deadly promise unknowingly slipping from his lips in his native tongue, barely audible: “Wǒ yào shāle zhèxiē húndàn.” His voice was tight with resolve.

Taking another deep breath to steady himself, Ruìsāng's touch softened, his thumb gently caressing Vince's jaw. “I’m so sorry, love,” he whispered, his voice a mixture of sorrow and apology. He was at a loss for words, the promise to himself ringing clear: he would ensure this never happened again. In his mind, he decided he would call upon Kaye to fulfil her owed favour.

* 我要杀了这些混蛋 “I’m gonna kill these fuckers”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
Everything happened so fast, that he barely had time to register what was going on. The moment he noticed the blood, Sang stood still, turned towards him and gently turned his head to get a better view of what it was that was bleeding behind his ear. Vince wanted to ask, but it was the look in his eyes that made him stop. There was something, something bad, according to the reaction that it made Sang have. And it wasn’t just Sang, it was his pokemon as well. Which in turn resonated with Vince himself. The anger, so clear that it made him feel sick. He took a deep breath, mirroring that of Sang, just so that it would make his stomach stop from turning.

The words that Sang spoke, still shrouded in mystery as he didn’t understand the language, made him shudder. He didn’t even need to know the meaning of the words, it was the way he spoke them that made him both angry and scared. He still had no idea what it was that was behind his ear, but now he was too scared to ask about it.

Within seconds, the air changed again. As if nothing had happened, Sang told him that he was was sorry. Vince’s golden eyes a mix of fear and curiosity. He wanted to know what just happened, but the words refused to come out. ”I-is it bad?” Was the only thing he could muster, shivering when Sang let him go. By Arceus, he felt tired. This whole ordeal had worn him out so much.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

As Vince inquired about the severity, Ruìsāng’s brow creased in contemplation. In the broader scheme, it might be considered inconsequential – merely a mark, one that could potentially be obscured by a tattoo or fade into an almost invisible scar.

However, the significance of the mark went beyond its physical appearance. The fact that someone had dared to not only touch Vince but to leave a lasting imprint on him ignited a fierce, possessive anger within Ruìsāng. It was an emotion that roiled darkly in the depths of his being, a visceral response he struggled to keep in check as he sought to be support for Vince.

Don’t worry. I’ll take care of them,” he muttered, his words low and more to himself than to Vince. His resolve was ironclad; he would not let this violation stand unchallenged. Initially, he had contemplated asking Kaye to take care of those responsible, but now, a more personal retribution seemed fitting. He vowed to himself that he would ensure those men lived in perpetual fear, constantly looking over their shoulders.

It’s… a mark. ‘Jiàn’, or ‘see’ in my language,” he explained, his voice carrying a hint of bitterness. “I assume it holds the same meaning in yours.” He paused, searching for the right words. What could he possibly say to mitigate the damage, to express the regret and protectiveness swirling within him? “I’m sorry,” he finally repeated, the words feeling inadequate. “You shouldn’t have had to go through this.

Resolutely, he added, “Stay with me until this is solved.” The decision was clear in his mind. He would figure out the logistics later, once his mother returned. But for now, the thought of Vince leaving, especially after such an ordeal, was unbearable. Ruìsāng needed him close, safe, within the sanctuary he could provide.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He had to take solace in what Sang was telling him. And still, the words made him afraid, he never asked the man to fix this for him. He didn’t even want him to do it, as it would mean that he would get hurt. And Sang getting hurt was one of his worse nightmares. A shuddering went down his spine, the thought alone made him feel sick. ”Please, don’t put yourself in danger because of me.” He spoke, but his voice was weak, he knew that he had no real power to stop Sang.

The man explained, Vince’s golden eyes grew in disbelieve. He had heard stories, of course he had, he was born and raised within the region where this gang was coming from. But he had never anticipated to get marked by one of them. ”Geon.” He murmured softly, when Sang told him that it would probably mean the same in his language. He cursed softly, unintentionally reverting back to his mother’s tongue. ”That means I saw it correctly. It’s the 진홍색 검, the Crimson Blade, that’s after me.” He shivers, his father was not toying anymore.

When Sang told him that he was staying with him till it got resolved, he wanted to object, but he was too tired to bring anything against it. So, he just looked down and nodded softly. ”Sorry,” His voice soft, exhausted. ”I don’t want to be a burden.”
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

When Vince expressed his concern, Ruìsāng responded with a comforting smile. “Don’t worry,” he said softly, his voice infused with a quiet strength. He didn't dismiss the risks involved, but he had no intentions of acting rashly or without careful thought. He knew the stakes were high, and his role was crucial. He was prepared to fight, to strategize, and to win, because failure was not an option he could afford to consider.

The mention of the 'Crimson Blade' by Vince caught Ruìsāng's attention. “That’s their group?” he queried, filing the name away in his mind. It was a piece of the puzzle he hadn't known, a lead he would pursue when the time was right. For now, it was information to be stored, a target for his future plans of retribution.

Ruìsāng's expression softened as Vince apologised, voicing his fears of being a burden. “Vince,” Ruìsāng sighed, his tone laced with genuine care and a hint of exasperation at the thought. “You’ll never be a burden to me. You carry one, let me help you carry it. I want to,” he reassured him earnestly. His words were not those of a man who helped out of obligation, he wasn’t that kind of person.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content