Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Kingdom For A Heart

2 posters
Vince Newman
IC Posts : 406

Vince Newman
Slowly nodding, he searched his memory. Most of his teachings were a hazy after ten years, but he always had a weird fascination with the gangs back home. It were those weird facts that stayed with him. ”They are the most ruthless of the gangs. Actively participating in human trafficking and having a pretty good bond with the politics.” He sighed, thinking was exhausting him even more. ”My father isn’t toying with me, this is serious.” Leaning against Sang, he noticed how heavy his steps were. It wasn’t even the wounds or the blood loss, it was the whole experience that had tired him.

The words, the almost made him tear up. He had always been so afraid to be a burden to anyone, which is why he dealt with all his problems alone, he didn’t want to call on someone else. But now that Sang told him that he wasn’t a burden, that he was actually willing to help him out. It made him happy, and a little sad. ”Thanks.” He said softly. Ignoring the fluttering feeling in his chest, blaming it on the exhaustion in his body.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Vinnie
Birthday: 01-04-2003
Sexuality: Gay
Ruìsāng Sū
IC Posts : 981

Ruìsāng SūBlessed by ????
Vince spoke about the gang's sinister operations — human trafficking intertwined with political connections — which sent a wave of anger through Ruìsāng. His jaw tightened, the muscles tensing visibly as Vince's words sunk in.

As Vince leaned against him, Ruìsāng instinctively wrapped his arm around him. He exhaled a deep sigh, a release of pent-up tension and concern. “All because you’re here?” he inquired, his voice tinged with a mixture of disbelief and protective fervour. “What does your family think of this?

Vince's response this time wasn’t laced with apologies or denials. Instead, he thanked him, and Ruìsāng's reaction was a gentle smile. “No need for that,” he gently reminded the boy, echoing his earlier sentiment. “You would do the same. You deserve so much more,” he affirmed, his words steeped in sincerity and admiration. Ruìsāng knew that no matter how much he tried, he might never fully match the depth of support Vince could offer. Yet, his resolve to try, to be there for Vince in every possible way, was unwavering.

So, let’s go home. Let’s crawl into bed, and please, ease my mind by staying, alright?” he continued. In the end, it was Ruìsāng who yearned for Vince's presence.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Sāng
Birthday: 14 / 12
Occupation: Bartender & 4th year bachelor (hospitality management)
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
”I don’t know.” He admitted. ”Might be.” He had been breaking his brain about a possible reason, why his father would go to such lengths. ”Maybe he wants me back and thought this to be the best option, I don’t think that these were merely to scare me into submission.” Vince looked up to the skies, trying to figure out the way his father was thinking had always been impossible and even now he noticed that he hadn’t become any better in it. Being apart for so many years had made him rusty.

He smiled when Sang told him that he would do the same. He had been right, he would move heaven and hell for Sang if need be. And he had almost done it, when he called him in the midst of a burning building. He had almost disregarded his own life to save someone, someone he, at the time, wasn’t even sure could call a friend. ”I would.” He laughed softly.

Arceus, yes, please. He wanted to just get into a warm bed and sleep, even now that he was sure that this all wasn’t just a pesky nightmare. He was done with this day. Leaning into Sang, he chuckled softly. ”I’ll stay.” He told him, the same way as that Sang had done to him some time ago. He had to admit, that the thought of being able to snuggle up against him, made him intensely happy.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

The revelation that Vince's father might be orchestrating this to 'bringing him back' ignited a dangerous fire within Ruìsāng. The idea of someone manipulating Vince in such a way brought him perilously close to a boiling point. Murderous thoughts flickered in his mind, but he suppressed them, acknowledging Vince's words with a solemn nod.

You’re not going back to him,” he declared firmly. Gone was the questioning tone; this was a vow, a resolute promise. He remembered asking Vince once about returning, but now, his resolve was unshakable.

Vince's easy admission that he’d do the same was both surprising and heartening to Ruìsāng. It was an odd sensation, having someone enter his life and pledge such commitment so readily. Yet, even more odd was his own willingness to offer the same—and mean every word. Vince's chuckle and promise to stay ignited a warmth in Ruìsāng's chest, a soothing balm that momentarily eased the chill of the lingering curse.

Good,” Ruìsāng responded with a sense of relief, resuming their walk towards home. He gently urged Vince to follow. Home was where he could finally give in to his deepest instincts—to hug Vince tightly into the night.

But first, he would tend to Vince's wounds.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
It was difficult to put in words how it made him feel when Sang’s word, laced with a certain protectiveness, reached him. He smiled somewhat shy, looking away to not let the man notice it. ”I’m not going back.” He reaffirmed, shaking his head slowly. The thought had played in his mind, going back and confronting his father head up, but he could never. Leaving Sang, with the possibility that he wasn’t allowed or capable to come back, no. He couldn’t do that. He cared too deeply for this man, even if he wasn’t able to explain it to anyone.

While the trembling had stopped, he still didn’t feel all that well, slightly sick and absolutely tired. So the fact that Sang was bringing him home, made him very grateful. Leaning in against the man, he sighed softly. The adrenaline had disappeared from his system, making both the wound in his neck and the one behind his ear sting. It also made him realise even more what had happened, which made anxiety fill his body. A ball of anxiety formed in his chest, a knot in his stomach which didn’t help his nausea. He sighed softly. ”I’m sorry I left,” He spoke softly. ”I just wanted to go bake some cookies.” How could he have known that making cookies could end his life.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Vince's assurance that he wouldn't return to his father was met with a solemn nod from Ruìsāng. He understood the weight of this declaration. Ruìsāng silently vowed to himself that he would ensure Vince remained out of his father's reach. A low, approving hum escaped him as he affirmed, “Good.

Their walk home was mercifully short, and soon they arrived at the doorstep the building. As Ruìsāng held the door open for Vince, he listened to the other's apology for leaving. A gentle shake of his head conveyed his disagreement. “You’re allowed to go outside, Vince. I will not see you locked up here in fear of your father,” he asserted, his voice tinged with anger at the thought. Despite his efforts, he couldn't completely mask the rage simmering beneath his words. The idea of Vince living in fear was intolerable.

With a calm, yet firm tone, Ruìsāng laid out a plan. “We can take precautions. Share your location with me and take Lìeyàn if you leave alone, until you’re confident in your own skills. It is no problem,” he stated. He was ready to entrust her with Vince's safety. After today, he had no doubt she would protect Vince.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
The moment they stepped inside and Sang retaliated on him going outside, he simply nodded. He had been allowed to go outside. He just wanted to get his supplies and bake, have something nice for the upcoming bonfire. But he could never have known that he would get attacked. It hadn’t been his fault, but that was something that just didn’t want to stick in his mind. He kept blaming himself, for getting in danger again and having to have Sang safe him again. And the smallest hint of rage that he picked up in Sang’s voice didn’t make it better, as he could not understand that it wasn’t towards him, but towards his father and the perpetrator of this all.

He only nodded when Sang explained that he could take the Mawile with him, looking past the man to the Fairy and Steel type. Sharing his location, he could do that. And maybe his should take Bulsin with him as well. The Flareon still had some fears for other people, but they had made good headway. Him and the Mawile should be enough to protect him, right? He sighed softly. Never had he imagined that he would be in need of protection. From his own father nonetheless. He wanted to apologise again, but had the feeling that he would get a pat on the back of his head if he did that. So he bit his tongue and walked with Sang in silence.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng felt a weight of responsibility on his shoulders. He was determined to help, yet uncertain how best to do so. With a supportive hand, he gently guided Vince up the narrow staircase, their steps echoing softly against the walls.

Upon reaching his apartment, Ruìsāng carefully unlocked the door. He assisted Vince in shrugging off his coat with a gentle touch, his movements deliberate and caring. He then gestured towards the couch, inviting Vince to sit down.

The Vulpix and Mawile quietly entered and settled into their respective favourite spots in the room, while Ruìsāng quickly retrieved the first aid kit.

Let’s make sure none of it gets infected,” Ruìsāng murmured, his voice tinged with a blend of concern and determination. He took a seat next to Vince, positioning himself to get a clear view of the injuries.

Let me know if it hurts, or if there’s anything I can do to make it better,” he requested as he opened the first aid kit.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
While they entered the apartment, Sang silently told him that he had to sit down on the couch. Following the instructions, he placed himself on it. Both Bulsin and Winnie immediately jumped on it next to him, being granted a smile from the boy, one that still wasn’t reaching his eyes. Vince put his hands in the warm fur of the Flareon, while the Buizel curled herself up next to him and fell in a quick sleep. Nazar wasn’t visible, but knowing the Mimikyu, it was somewhere in the shadows.

He looked up when Sang grabbed the first aid kit, murmuring that they should make sure that it wasn’t going to infect. Vince wondered if he was talking to him or to himself, as both were equally possible right now. He kept silent, not wanting to bother Sang while he was working. Vince only nodded when the man told him that he should speak up if it was hurting.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

With the first aid kit resting on his lap, Ruìsāng's gaze fell upon Vince with a mix of concern and a barely concealed storm of emotions. His brow was furrowed as Vince's quietness tugged at Ruìsāng's heartstrings, stirring a protective instinct. In that moment, he wished for nothing more than to escape the harshness of their reality, to hide in bed for the rest of the day. But first, he had to tend to Vince's wounds.

Unlike when dealing with his own injuries, where he might dismiss the need for care, Ruìsāng meticulously slipped on a sterile glove over his bandaged hand. A wince flickered across his face as the glove snapped tightly around his wrist. He then reached for the antiseptic solution. As he gently dabbed the cotton swab across Vince's wound, his usual stoicism was pierced by a palpable tenderness, each motion deliberate and careful.

The wounds were clean, a small mercy in the aftermath of a sharp blade's work. Ruìsāng's throat tightened as he placed a small, sterile bandage over the cut on Vince's neck.

Turning his attention to the cut behind Vince's ear, Ruìsāng felt a surge of anger boiling within him. The sight of the injury ignited the protective rage. In his mind, retribution was a foregone conclusion – those responsible would pay. His hands, though steady, betrayed the intensity of his emotions as he placed another bandage over the wound.

Lowering the first aid kit, Ruìsāng's gaze softened as he turned back to Vince. “Do you want to lie down?” he asked, his voice a gentle whisper. His hand gently squeezed Vince's arm, a small gesture of reassurance and support.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He just let it happen, flinching only once while the man was working on the cut on his neck. It stung, for sure, but nothing that he wasn’t used to. It was more the fog in his brain that was bothering him. As if someone blocked him from thinking, or speaking, or just doing anything at all.

It was when Sang moved on to his ear, that he wanted to duck away. Somehow, that cut hurt way more than where the knife actually went deeper in his neck. He sucked in the air through his teeth, with a hissing sound, but stayed still while Sang was working. ”Sorry.” He muttered, biting his tongue against the stinging pain. He didn’t want to disturb Sang while he was working on the wounds. They weren't deep enough to need stitches, or he would’ve told him, right?

The words made him look up, exhaustion carved in his face. He nodded only, lost for words once more. Thinking, he tilted his head a bit and sighed. ”If you don’t mind, I’m just going to bed. I don’t want to think about this day anymore.” He had his Pokémon’s with him, he should’ve grabbed a book or something. But for now, just getting into bed with or without either Sang or his pokemon was the first thing he wanted to do. He just wanted to sleep, get this day over with, be done.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Ruìsāng sighed softly, laden with empathy, as he heard Vince hiss in pain and then quickly apologise. “It’s okay,” he reassured Vince in a soft, soothing tone. “It’ll be done soon. I’m sorry,” he added, his words laced with regret. He wished he could alleviate the sting caused by the antiseptic, but he knew it was a necessary discomfort.

Having finished with the first aid, Ruìsāng carefully placed the first aid kit back on the table and offered Vince an understanding smile. “Of course. Take all the time you need,” he responded, acknowledging the need for rest and recovery after such a day. Ruìsāng knew all too well the power of sleep, the way it could help one escape, even momentarily, from reality.

Do you want me to come, or would you rather be alone?” The inquiry was delicately phrased. Ruìsāng was prepared to respect Vince's choice, whether it meant offering solace through his presence or granting him solitude.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
He wasn’t sure. He wasn’t sure about a lot of things right now. He had trouble separating emotions and well, everything. He couldn’t understand it and it was driving him mad. He felt scared the moment he closed his eyes, even if it was for just a moment. Sleeping would be a challenge and he wanted to keep Sang close. But he couldn’t hog the man entirely, he had already called him away from whatever it was that he had been doing before. It just wouldn’t be fair towards him. Yet, he couldn’t lie to himself as he wanted to keep the man close, his sole anchor in this situation.

He looked away before answering the question. ”I can’t hog your attention all day. Please, go do what you have to do, if you want you can join me afterwards.” With those words he was telling himself that he had to get through this alone, not that he wanted to, but he had to. He couldn’t be a burden all the time. ”I’ll take Bulsin with me.” He followed, petting the marle coloured Flareon. The pokemon had been his pillow for some days now, as it gave both of them a sense of security.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Vince's words, suggesting that he didn't want to monopolise Ruìsāng’s attention all day, left Ruìsāng momentarily contemplative. He studied Vince's expression, trying to discern whether Vince was asking for solitude, or perhaps still concerned about being a burden. Ruìsāng, however, didn’t sense the first. Instead, it seemed more like the latter, despite Ruìsāng's reassurances to the contrary. So, with a soft, reassuring smile, Ruìsāng responded.

Well, I’m tired and I’d like to go back to bed,” he admitted honestly. If it hadn't been for the day's events, he might have still been resting. “So, let me. I’ll take care of other things later today.” Any other tasks, like cleaning up or messaging Kaye, could wait until Vince was resting and he had regained some energy himself.

And… you can hog my attention any day, bǎobèi. So come,” he added. He then rose from the couch, extending a hand towards Vince to help him up.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Vince Newman

Vince Newman
The answers weren’t reassuring him, as if something was blocking him from genuinely being happy. And by Arceus, it was tiring him out. Hoping that all would be better tomorrow, he only nodded slowly when Sang told him that he would finish his tasks later today. Something that he simply couldn’t believe, somehow. This little voice telling him that he was only telling him that because he didn’t want to leave him alone, that he still had a lot of things to do and that Vince was only in the way because he needed protection. It made the growing feeling of discomfort only worse within himself, but he was too afraid to go against it.

His golden eyes, dimmed from their sparkling light, found Sang’s when he extended a hand to help him up. He hesitated for a moment, but accepted the offer in the end. ”Come.” He spoke to his pokemon soft, the Flareon getting up and running towards the bedroom. Following the pokemon, he had to stop himself from just falling onto the bed. Instead, he let go of Sang’s hand, pulling off his shirt and pants, before crawling into the bed.

Bulsin jumped on the bed, curled himself up against his chest. For a moment, Vince’s eyes flicked to Sang, before looking back to the fluff in front of him. While he was tired, his mind was racing, not making anything coherent, but not letting him sleep either.

So after being awake for at least an hour, the green haired boy finally let the ball of anxiety within him go, with his face buried in the fur of the Flareon, softly crying himself to a restless sleep.
+ Ruìsāng Sū

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Ruìsāng Sū

Under normal circumstances, Ruìsāng preferred to keep Pokémon out of the bed when he and Vince shared it. But tonight, as Vince motioned for the Flareon to join them, Ruìsāng silently acquiesced. He walked beside Vince and watched with a heavy heart as the boy, looking utterly broken, crawled into bed. In that moment, he vowed to himself that he would find them, no matter the effort required.

Exhaustion was a constant companion to Ruìsāng, usually lulling him into a swift slumber. But that day, he lay awake, eyes closed, his mind a tumult of thoughts and plans. He was acutely aware of Vince's soft sobs beside him, each one a knife twist to his heart. His instinct was to pull Vince close, to offer the solace of his embrace, but he hesitated, respecting the space Vince might need.

Once Vince's breathing evened out in a restless sleep, Ruìsāng slipped out of bed with a quiet determination. In the dim light of the living room, he meticulously penned down crucial details – Vince's whispered name of his assailant’s group, the distinctive mark behind his ear. He mapped out his strategy, pinpointing locations for camera footage and plotting his next steps. A message to work secured his absence until the new year.

After a contemplative shower and tending to his own bandages, Ruìsāng busied himself with tidying the living room. He moved with a purpose, allowing Vince some solitary moments of rest. Once the space was orderly, he returned to the bedroom, this time leaving the door ajar for their Pokémon companions to join. The room transformed into a sanctuary of comfort, a cuddle pile if desired, where Vince could find warmth and solace.

And later, when the time felt right, Ruìsāng gently gathered Vince into his arms, enveloping him in a protective embrace, not letting go again.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content