Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

I made a mistake

2 posters
Lucina Roth
IC Posts : 617

Lucina RothEnhanced Affinity
She clutched the plushy in her hands while she stood in front of the door she hadn't expected to find herself in front of again. At least not like this. She had hoped that it wouldn't be necessary, but she really had no idea where else to go. Noir was with her, but still kept his distance. She could understand why, she just hoped the pokemon would be happy to see the Eevee again.

She knocked on the door, hoping Ming would open up soon. She had decided to ditch her clothes, since they had been covered in blood from what had happened in the alley, so once again she was standing here naked. Just a plushy and an Umbreon with her. It was all she had. She had a feeling that if she stayed outside one more night and someone might decide to attack her or just approach her, something like what had happened in the alley might happen again. So this was really the only choice she had left. It felt safer then staying outside now and not just for her in this case, but everyone out there.

She still felt cold, she had waited the whole night for that guy to come. They had even agreed on the sign, but he had been nowhere to be seen. She really did feel a little annoyed about that. Here she had done her best to contact him, but he just hadn't shown up. So now she was here, waiting for a door to be opened and hopefully Ming wouldn't ask too many questions.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Luci
Birthday: ???
Sexuality: Still figuring it out
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
THE WEAK—
ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

It was not the knocking that woke him up. If it had only been that, he would’ve slept straight through it with not a care in the world. The combination of loud barking and scratching on the door couldn’t possibly be ignored. Míngzé had tried with a pillow over his head, trying to block out the sound, but it was no use.

With a loud groan Míngzé forced his still tired limbs to move. “Yeah, yeah, coming,” he yelled loudly, not even sure if it would even reach over the sounds his pokémon were making. No longer protected by the cover of his blanket, he was instantly cold. In his half sleeping state he was unable to find his robe to cover his shoulder. He did not expect this to take long. Perhaps he should send whoever it was away immediately.

Only dressed in his shorts and with his long black messy hair falling loosely over his shoulders like a blanket he opened the door. “What?” Míngzé tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes with no luck. Behind him Dai had stopped barking but was now growling although he sounded unsure of what to do. Wěi however ran straight outside the moment the door was open far enough for her to squeeze through. She greeted the person immediately, happy to be reunited.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Lucina Roth

Once she had knocked on the door, she could hear barking from the other side of the door. She couldn't remember Ming having any kind of dog the last time she came here and for a moment she was worried that she had picked the wrong door. She looked to the other doors and back at the stairs, but she was quite sure she had picked the right one.

Over the barking she thought she could hear his voice, which she hoped was true. If another person were to appear at the door, it would be a little awkward. So the moment the door opened, she held the plushy a little closer to her chest, ready to escape if necessary. However the moment she saw Ming she relaxed a little. That was until she noticed how he was dressed. He had a little more clothes on than her, but not much. Only his boxers for as far as she could see and she was a little glad for those. Even if she was standing here naked herself, her eyes worked perfectly compared to his.

Luckily the Eevee decided to get out at that moment, distracting her from what was happening in front of her. However, for now she didn't bend down to pet the pokemon. No, her gaze went up to Ming. "Hey," She started with, not really knowing how she could bring this the right way. "It's Lucina." She remembered from the last time that the man might not be able to recognise her just from her voice. "I need help" She just hoped that he wouldn't ask too many questions, but she would owe him a few answers at least.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
THE WEAK—

If this was the grandma from down the hall again he might slam the door in her face. At this ungodly hour he did not need another of her burned pies. All he wanted was to go back to bed and sleep until noon. That was if his pokémon let him because both of them were wide awake now. Míngzé couldn’t help but sigh deeply. No way he was going back to bed now.

The moment her voice reached his ears he was instantly awake. A deep frown painted his forehead. Míngzé was still trying to understand if this was real or if he might be dreaming. “Lucina,” he said, astonished by her sudden appearance. This was definitely not who he expected to find at his doorstep.

“Yeah, sure, come in.” Míngzé moved to the side to let her enter his apartment. Last time they spoke, she told him she was doing better. Yet, here she was asking for help. Wěi stayed around Lucina’s feet, begging her for attention while Dai stayed closer to Míngzé.  He closed the door behind him as soon as she entered. “Are you alright? Do you need anything?” Anything besides coffee, which he could really use right about now.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

If she had had another option, she wouldn't be standing here, but she needed a safe place and this seemed like the safest one for now. She could see the frown appearing on his face, of course he would find it strange to find her here after she had said that it was going better last time. "Yes, sorry, it might be a bit early, but last time you told me I could come to you." She had waited till the sun came up at least, but apparently that had still been early for Ming.

He moved to the side and invited her to go in. She should probably have hesitated, but didn't and stepped inside, Noir followed her. She bend down when she noticed that the Eevee kept moving around her feet, rubbing it behind one ear for a bit. The question came if she was alright and if she needed anything. No, she wasn't alright, that was the truth. Not after all that had happened. "I lost your clothes, sorry." She started with. More like she had gotten rid of them because of all the blood on them. "And something happened, so we have no place to stay at the moment." That was all that she really needed from him, but asking for it felt like something she couldn't do yet.

She worked her bottom lip with her teeth as she pondered what she should tell him and what not. She would definitely keep what happened in the alley out of the explanation. "You remember the last time I was here? Where I couldn't answer any of your questions? Well, there's a reason for that." She didn't say anything yet. She looked over at him, trying to read his expression, to try and figure out what he was currently thinking.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
THE WEAK—

As Lucina entered his home he couldn’t help but wonder what she did here exactly. Yes, she needed help, but that did not tell him much. “It’s fine,” he told her even though it was more to keep her from running away. If she truly needed help, he wanted to do what he could. He closed the door behind him to prevent people from seeing them.

Míngzé raised his brow at the mention of his clothes. “I did not need them anymore.” After all this time he had not expected them back. He had not even expected to get them back at all. It was too early for all this and his mind was still waking up. “That’s— not good to hear,” he said at the mention that something had happened. “Not something too serious I hope?” Míngzé gestured for her to follow him to the kitchen.

Dai was not happy with this stranger in his home and never stopped growling. It was not too loud, so Míngzé decided to let him be for now. There was a look of surprise on his face, as he had not expected her to bring it up. “Yeah, you were rather vague about certain things. Coffee?” That was one of those days he would never forget and for good reasons. Míngzé did not wait for an answer and already grabbed two cups as he waited for the machine to heat up. While she was nice, he couldn’t help but wonder what kind of trouble she was, and if she would bring that trouble right to his doorstep. But for now he was in no state to worry about any of that.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

Even though she had told him she had lost his clothes, it was clear that he didn't get the hint that came with it. But she wasn't surprised. He most likely thought she had found new clothes. However that made it a little harder to mention the fact that she was actually naked right now. She had hoped he would get the hint. "Just found out that people can be dangerous when you live outside." She just didn't tell him what she had done in retaliation, then he would either hand her over to the cops or put her out of his apartment.

When he offered her coffee she followed him to the kitchen. "Sure, thank you." She had never had coffee before, but if it was something that could fill her stomach a little she would accept it gratefully. Now that she had mentioned what had happened last time, she knew there was no way she could go back now. For a moment she stayed quiet, watching his moves. It seemed like he was using something where this coffee would come out of. She hadn't seen it before for as far as she knew. "Where to start." She mumbled a little to herself. "Okay, so that day I woke up in the marshes, not remembering anything." She doubted he would believe her, but it was the truth. "Only my name, nothing else and I was naked. I don't know exactly how, but I found my way here, to where you were." It would be hard to believe. "However what I noticed when I got here was that I am different from the people here, different from you. You can't see it, but my ears are a lot pointier than yours are and I have claws on my hands and feet." She told him honestly, trying to guess his reaction to this. For now she would see what his reaction to this was. There was more she could tell him, but she needed to know his reaction first. To know whether he could really be trusted with the next bit of information.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
The hypocrite of darkness shows its face, like a nightmare, again, this repetitive pattern.

Míngzé hummed in response, only followed by a sigh. “Yeah, there are some who— wait— you live outside?” As it turns out, that was only a smart piece of the puzzle that was to be revealed to him.

Míngzé stayed quiet as Lucina started her explanation. The first cup of coffee was done and he placed it on the counter close to her. “The marshes?” he repeated, clearly already confused. That was not a place you accidentally ended up. It was even quite far from here too. Míngzé grabbed sugar and milk in case she wanted some.  Nothing she said made any sense. He did not interrupt her again and found himself leaning against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest. This was not at all what he expected.

His yellow eyes were directed at her, but his expression was rather blank. Even with the light in his apartment it was impossible to notice any details. Claws and pointy ears for example. As she finished her story, Míngzé stayed quiet. Back then she told him she was fine, but then how did she lose her memory?

“Damn,” he muttered to break the silence. Quickly he reached for his coffee, giving him something else to look at as he tore his gaze away form her. Alright, first things first, as it was a lot to unpack. “And you remember nothing? Like absolutely nothing at all?” Míngzé questioned her. It sounded so unreal to not have any memories to your name. He was not even sure if it would explain the state he found her in that day. The coffee warmed his hands, the feeling rather calming.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

Yes, she had lived outside all this time. She hadn't wanted to tell him before, since he would have insisted on doing something for her, but that didn't matter now. "Yes, outside. I just made a house out of cardboard boxes and that worked." Sort of, but he didn't need to know that part. A cup of coffee was put in front of her and she took it in her hands, letting the cup warm her cold hands. She had put the plushy on the counter for now, which she shouldn't forget.

After she had given him all the information she was ready to give him at this point in time, she waited for his reaction while taking a sip from this coffee. The first thing she thought was that it was bitter and that it actually didn't taste that good like this. So she put in some of the other things he had put in front of her and when she took a sip again it tasted better, sweeter even. It was clear that the words she had spoken had shocked him some at least. Which didn't surprise her, but for now he wasn't accusing her of lying, which was something. "Nothing at all." She told him. "So I have no idea if there is even someone who cares about me." She told him brutally honest. That was why he could call no one for her. She didn't even have any belongings back then and now she only had a plushy. "I can tell you it's really strange to wake up like that and then there were strange markings on my skin too. Symbols I have no recollection of getting onto my skin." It was really inconvenient if she had to be honest. "And then people kept avoiding me until I met you." She hoped that he would have helped her even if he was able to see, but she doubted it somewhere. She hadn't had the best reactions from people up to now.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
The hypocrite of darkness shows its face, like a nightmare, again, this repetitive pattern.

When she mentioned that she had been living in a cardboard box he nearly dropped his cup. Fuck. A wave of guilt hit him like a brick. If he’d known then he would've done something, but that was the problem, he did not know. He had no way of knowing. Not that it helped against his guilt.

Míngzé really wanted to believe her, he truly did, but it was difficult. Not that she had any reason to lie to him. He blew at his coffee to buy himself more time. “You must realize this all sounds very weird, right? Like— it’s all very difficult to believe.” Míngzé felt like he was treading on thin ice. The fact that she was telling him this meant she trusted him in a way and he did not want to break this trust.

There was one option. Míngzé placed his own cup on the counter next to him. “Okay, this might sound weird, I get it, but—” He felt awkward even asking this and unknowingly he started fiddling with his fingers. “As I can’t exactly see any of the things you mentioned.” With his hand he gestured at his own ears to let her know what he was talking about, if he ever managed to get the words over his lips. Right now he was beating around the bush, making it only worse. “Can I— you know— feel if what you are saying is true?” This sounded so bad and he was ashamed to even ask. “If you don’t— it’s fine— I understand,” Míngzé quickly added, his hands raised in a defensive way. After their first meeting this felt even worse to ask.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

Yes, she knew that this was quite hard to believe, especially if he couldn't see how different she was. So she didn't blame him, especially since he still didn't seem to be accusing her of lying. Which would have been understandable too, but it would have hurt. She took another sip of the coffee and gave him some time to process what she had told him.

His request was one that took her by surprise for a moment. Yes, people had asked her before whether everything was real, but she could understand that for someone who couldn't see that it would be hard. His way to see was with his hands, so she didn't find it as strange a request as when it would have come from someone else. She put her cup of coffee on the counter, looking him over. It was clear that he didn't have any other intentions, even after what had happened last time. Though she knew that had been an accident and she had been even more sure of that after she had learned that he was blind. "Sure, let me help you." She told him and gently grabbed his wrist before guiding his hand towards her ear. It was just an insurance that he wouldn't grab the wrong thing here.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

No matter what, Míngzé could not simply take her word for it and be done with it. A few months ago he might have been even more skeptical about this whole ordeal, but not anymore. His own mind had been a mess, so it would not surprise him if something was able to remove your memories. Come to think of it, there was even a pokémon that could do just that.

To his surprise she agreed. Surely if she was lying she would not let him discover her secret that easily. When she gently grabbed his wrist, he could feel longer nails against his skin. They reminded him somewhat of Dai’s nails or even Wěi’s. He doubted it was some new fashion trend he was unaware of. Then the tips of his fingers brushed against her ear, causing him to frown deeply. He did not dare to overstep his boundaries, so he kept his touch featherlight as he traced her unusual ears. Thanks to the coffee from earlier his fingers were rather warm.

“They don’t feel fake,” Míngzé said to convince himself. They did not feel like plastic or what other materials people used for carnival and there was no crease that would tell him they were glued on. He retreated his hand and went to lean back against the counter. “And these symbols? What do they look like?” It was hard to wrap his mind around all this. People have been born looking different, but this was something he had never heard of.  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She guided his hand until it was touching her ear and then let go, leaving him free to feel. When his fingers touched her ear, she noticed that they weren't cold, especially not compared to her ears, which might still be a little cold from having been outside. Ming told her that they didn't feel fake. "That's because they aren't" She told him. "Someone asked me if my parents were elves. No clue what they meant with that, but it was most likely because of the ears." She told him. It had been strange to have that question asked.

He asked about the symbols and what they looked like. She found it a little hard to explain if she was honest. "I have no idea what kind of symbols they are, just that they are black and that I can't get them off of my skin." Describing them to him would be even harder, especially seeing as how many of them there were. She also wasn't going to mention the fact that they had seemed to react when she had let the power inside her take over. That was something that was best hidden forever if she could help it.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Right now it felt like he was again in some kind of strange dream. Even after confirming the truth, he still had a hard time believing this. It was even harder to realize that he did in fact believe her whole story. What more was wrong with this world if this was possible? It was a scary thought.

One corner of his mouth twitched in a small smile, but it quickly disappeared. Yet another sign that she was truly unaware of some basic things. “There are these movies about mythical creatures with pointy ears like yours. I can show you later, if you’d like to,” Míngzé explained with a soft sigh.

Míngzé drank some more from his coffee as he listened. How he wished he was able to see those symbols she was talking about. Maybe he would recognize them, although he doubted it. He had never heard of anything like it before. “Like a tattoo?” he asked her. This whole conversation there had been a soft frown on his head.

“And the marshes— have you really no idea how you ended up there?” It was such an odd place for a person to end up at. Even after a drunk night people would not go all the way there. It was too far from the city. All these questions, Míngzé really was only trying to figure out what had happened.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

Mythical creatures? Was she like one of them? Did they even exist? She wouldn't know. He said something about movies too and for a moment she looked really confused. "Movies?" She asked him, not having a clue what those were. Something with which she would be able to see those mythical creatures, that was how much she could take from what he had said.

The next word he said was something she didn't understand either and she felt a little embarrassed about it. Now that he knew that she didn't remember anything she could ask these things, but that didn't make it any easier. "I have no idea what tattoos are either." If it meant having something on your skin, then yes, but she couldn't answer him.

She shook her head at his next question, she couldn't remember anything before waking up there, except for maybe the flashback that she had had. "I have no idea how I ended up there." She bit her lip and thought that it might be best to reveal something she might have remembered. "The only thing I might have remembered is something with a lab, but I have no idea besides that. It was just too vague." She looked over at the plushy and decided that bringing that up would make it even more vague, since she had no idea where it had come from or what it meant.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

With this newly found information, Míngzé understood why she did not trust the cops. There was no saying what they would do if they saw her. Enough dangerous things already roamed the streets and in his eyes, affinities were one of them. He might not know what was going on, it was not too far-fetched to think it had something to do with affinities. They had a way of ruining someone’s life.

“The things you watch on tv, you know, a movie. I’ll just show you later today.” Míngzé couldn’t help but sigh softly. It was still too early for all this. “A tattoo is like a painting, but with ink under your skin so that it never leaves.” That was the best way he could explain it to her. He did not have any tattoos himself, otherwise he would’ve shown her those.

As it turns out, she was in deeper shit than he originally thought. “A lab? And you are sure it was a memory?” The thoughts that went through his mind were sickening. With her looks, it sounded wrong in so many ways. Again he drank from his coffee, only to come to realize his cup was completely empty. “I’ve worked at one for a short time, but I’ve never heard about someone like— you know— you.” Minzge gestured at her. Then again, they told him nothing and he was mostly left ignored. There was a reason he left that place.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She was already opening her mouth when he mentioned a tv all of a sudden, but when he told her he would show her later today, she decided not to ask about that and just find out later. Ming would probably get tired of her if she asked him too many things, so it was better not to ask questions when they didn't seem necessary. She understood the concept of a painting though maybe not in the sense that Ming that did, however for the purpose of a tattoo that worked and she thought about it for a moment. Was it really ink that was in her skin? Or was it something else? "Hm, it could be like that then or not, I have no idea whether it is made with ink." She told him. It did never leave up till now though, so in that way it was a tattoo.

She wasn't entirely sure that it was a memory, just that it was something that seemed to be a memory for her. It was sort of the only thing she had. "Yes, a lab, though I am not entirely sure it is a memory, it did feel like a flashback of sorts." Which meant that it had most likely happened to her before. Though she didn't remember any details, anything that could have happened there. Once Ming mentioned that he had worked in a lab, her interest was piqued. "Where is it?" She had already come to the conclusion that she might need to travel to different labs, possibly finding the right one, though it would be a lot of work. Still, if Ming knew about one, she could possibly start there.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé hummed softly, but did not say anything else. Things like elves were not real. They only existed in movies, stories and video games. While her ears might fit the description, it felt highly unlikely. Yet for now it might be better if she believed that was what she was. Any other alternative might be worse.

To get him through the day, Míngzé decided he needed a second cup of coffee, which he was already preparing. “Not that far away from here. You can take the bus that stops around the corner.” It was one of the reasons he chose this place to live. Now it no longer mattered, but back then it had been easy. Míngzé understood why she was interested in this place, the idea that she could find answers there. “I strongly advise against going there, given well, everything.” The people he knew that worked there were anything but kind. While he had never heard about human experiments, it would still be dangerous for someone like her to go there.

His coffee was ready and he immediately drank from it. “For now try to keep a low profile, don’t draw too much attention until we know more.” Any kind of attention might be bad. Having her appear at his doorstep might even be too much. “Do you have a way to like— conceal yourself?” Keeping her locked up inside was also a bad idea.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

Not too far he told her, she could just take a bus. A bus? How did that work? "A bus?" She asked. "How would that work?" Was it something to help her get to places? That would mean she might be able to go to places that were further away, though she wouldn't be surprised if that would cost that money that she still kept encountering. "I would probably need that what people call money for that right?" She hadn't found out yet how to get that, she only got told that she would need it to be able to get certain things.

He advised against going to the lab he had worked at. Had it really been that bad? She really didn't know what to expect from a lab, but for now she would decide to trust Ming's words and would not go there. "Alright, though I might need to look there if it really comes to it." She would leave it as an option. When he asked her if she had a way to conceal herself, she didn't need to think for long. She didn't even have clothes right now. "No I don't, maybe with clothes, but I don't even have them right now." She knew that these words would most likely get a reaction from the man in front of her, but she had to tell it to him at one point.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé couldn’t help but sigh softly when she once again asked for something she did not seem to know. These were all things that he assumed everyone knew. Only children asked these kinds of questions. “It’s like a car, but bigger and for the public.” That was the best explanation he could give her. “You need money for basically everything.” And let it just be that he did not have that kind of money right now. His life was an ever growing mess with no stop to it. Her appearing at his doorstep was proof of that.

He slightly narrowed his eyes when she went against his advice. Míngzé understood she wanted answers, but was it really worth all the danger that might come with it? The only memory she had was from a lab, so if he was her he would stay away from there. However he decided to keep it to himself and not make any further comment about it.

Whatever concerns he had about the lab disappeared immediately and he pushed himself away from the counter. “Why did you not say so?” he said a bit too sharply. A red color quickly found its way to his face. They had been talking for who knows how long, all while she had been naked. “You could’ve started with that.” Míngzé quickly went towards his bedroom, throwing open the closet and picking the first set of clothes he found to hurl at her. Why did this keep happening? She had waited at his doorstep while— fuck. Míngzé couldn’t help but wonder if anyone had seen her. And then when he’d asked about her ears. He really hated life right now.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content