Memberlist
Accountswitch

A night to remember

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

Clothes were everywhere as the room had become a closet on its own. It had been a race against time to find something and make it on time. Luckily, he’d managed in time and was already waiting at the designated spot.

The clothes he wore were not anything special, a simple dark jeans and a white dress shirt instead of his usual full black attire. His hair fell loosely over his shoulders, safe from the front parts that were tied in a small ponytail to keep the locks out of his face.

Míngzé had forgotten all about the blind dates he had signed up for. Only when he received a reminder did he remember. Another sign that he should not make decisions late at night. Without the reminder he would never have shown up, leaving whatever person he was paired up with waiting.

It was safe to say he’d wished they’d gotten another location. While this rooftop was not nearly as dangerous as the one back home, it did not keep him from feeling a bit uncomfortable. The idea of taking one step too many and falling off lived in his mind. Which is exactly why Míngzé refused to get up once he found a place to sit and wait.

His cane lay on top of the table, yet he wondered if it was a good idea. He was perfectly capable of pretending to make eye contact and he did not want to make his date feel uncomfortable. With the thought of playing pretend in the back of his head, he grabbed the cane and hid it on his lap.

As he waited, he found himself drawn to the lights that illuminated the rooftop. They were at least pretty, but not enough to keep his nerves at bay. Míngzé tapped his foot non-stop, wondering if this had been a good idea. Running away now would not be fair and was out of the question. All he could do was endure this.

Lamar

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Lamar Sault
IC Posts : 436

Lamar SaultAttuned Affinity
He had applied for the blind dates, not because he was looking for someone, but because it might also end up with new friendships if it didn’t work out another way. He had actually dressed well for once, though he had made sure that the clothes themselves were comfortable too. He had worn dark blue jeans, with a dress shirt on top and a jacket in case things were going to be a bit chilly up on the roof. Though he had draped the jacket over his arm.

For his hair he had opted for a braid instead of what he normally did, making sure that if there was going to be any wind that his hair wouldn’t get in his face. Besides that he had put on a watch as an accessory, but nothing more. He hoped that the other hadn’t dressed up too much, since then his choice of clothes might be a little underwhelming.

He had made his way to the rooftop in time for the start of the date. To his slight surprise he got told that the other was already there by the personnel. The garden itself was beautifully decorated, definitely creating an ambiance that was the perfect setting for a date. The sun was starting to set, its rays giving their last bit of warmth as he made his way over to the right table.

He had been wondering what the other person would be like till he had arrived at the table and couldn’t help but blink in surprise. He somehow hadn’t expected it to be someone he knew. ”Míngzé?” He called the man by his name. ”So you’re my date for tonight?” He had to confirm it without trying to sound rude here. He really hadn’t expected it to be someone that he knew. ”I hadn’t thought that it would be someone I have met before.” Not that the other was unpleasant company, far from it. How big was the chance for this to happen?
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Mar, Mary
Birthday: 15/06
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

More than once a thought crossed his mind. When he was still home, then on his way here, when he was in the elevator and even once he sat down. Why was he here? There was so much he still needed to do, important things. But what was he doing? Going on a blind date.

Míngzé rubbed his eyes as a sigh escaped his lips. It was only one night. It was fine. This might be a good thing, a moment to clear his mind and forget all his troubles. For one night only.

Someone was approaching and quickly he lowered his hand, taking the effort of standing up to greet whoever it was. Míngzé could not remember the last time he went on a date, to go on one with some unknown person felt like a huge step. Nerves were rushing through his body and he could feel his heart hammering in his chest. Stupid.

When someone spoke up, Míngzé opened his mouth, only to close it again like a fish out of water. “Lamar?” he eventually managed to force out. He knew that voice. Of course, they had seen each other only a week or so ago. This must be a joke, right? But no.

“Fuck— no, me neither,” he agreed as he stood there, not knowing what to do next. “This is a bit strange, isn’t it?” An awkward laugh followed. Why did it have to be someone he knew?

There was a healthy blush on his face which stood as a stark contrast to his otherwise pale skin. If only he could disappear out of view. “I eh— well, sit. I think we’re having dinner.” Míngzé sat down, glad for the support it provided.

Almost immediately someone came, filling their glasses with a white wine after telling them which one it was.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

This whole situation was a bit awkward despite the both of them knowing each other. Or that fact had just made it all the more awkward. He could tell that Míngzé was feeling the same, the healthy blush on his cheeks told him as much. ”It is a bit strange.” He admitted and here he had been worried about how he looked. That the other might care about the fact that he hadn’t dressed up enough. He felt like a bit of an idiot now.

”Yes, I believe we are. They did choose quite the unique location for this I must say.” They hadn’t even asked if someone had a fear of heights, but they might have wanted to ask about that if they send people to places like this for the date. ”How have you been?” They had seen each other recently, but it was better than letting this turn even more awkward with no talking.

After their glasses were filled he watched Ming for a moment. Normally he might have raised his glass first to clink the glasses for a toast to the evening or something like it, but he didn’t want to bring Ming in the position where it could possibly go wrong. So he left the glass on the table for now, opting to wait for what Ming would do.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

They were in some kind of weird limbo, not quite strangers but also not familiar enough to be considered friends. As strangers they would be having a true blind date, were both needed to get to know the other. As friends they could see this as a stupidly fun situation to laugh about in the future.

Right, the location. Míngzé turned his head. Where there should be a beautiful view, all he saw were the city’s lights. It was not the same, but looked nice nonetheless. “Can’t say I wouldn’t have preferred something closer to the ground,” he said with an awkward laugh. The fact remained; he would not get up any time soon.

A simple question was asked, yet one he could answer in so many ways. “Good,” Míngzé settled on. “Busy, but good. Found a new job recently.” Talking about himself was one of the hardest tasks. He tried, every time he tried, but it was so very hard. “How about you?” Talking about others however was much easier.  

Once they got served their wine, it felt like the date had truly begun. Carefully Míngzé reached out, letting his hand trail the table until his fingers hit what felt like the bottom of a wine glass. His long fingers curled around it, lifting the glass. “To a good night?” One that would hopefully not get even more awkward.

Míngzé waited for Lamar to clink his glass before bringing it to his lips and taking a sip. It tastes just like the wine he already had before. What did he expect anyway?

Holding a conversation has never been one of his strong suits. Feeling the pressure of an upcoming silence, he quickly took yet another sip. “I’ve never been much of a wine drinker,” Míngzé confessed when lowering his glass again. Hopefully the food will arrive soon.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He completely understood why Míngzé would have preferred something closer to the ground, but he was quite sure that the place was safe enough even for a blind man. ”Maybe they should have asked whether someone was afraid of heights before choosing this.” He commented, though taking into account that someone was blind might have been a good idea too.

He had started off with a simple question, hoping to start some kind of conversation to make this all less awkward. It was good to hear that Míngzé had found a new job recently, one that would hopefully fit him. ”A new job? Someplace I would know about?” He wondered what kind of work the other would be doing. It was good to see him moving forward at least.

When the question turned on him, he hummed softly, not much had changed after all. ”Not much, been busy too, somehow a lot of people decided to visit the clinic in the past week, so we have been a bit swamped. So I am definitely glad to have a moment off work like this.” It hadn’t been the reason why he had decided to apply himself for a blind date, but it did help give him some time to rest.

Once the wine was served he had waited to pick up his glass to see what Míngzé would do. So when the other picked up his glass, he did the same, clinking the glasses together. ”To a good night.” Hopefully the awkwardness would lessen a bit with time and some alcohol. For once he cursed the fact that he could drink quite a bit before he was affected by it. He took a sip from the wine, it was definitely not what he would order normally, but it tasted good enough for now.

He was starting to think of something to keep the conversation up, maybe something they had in common, but it wasn’t as easy to come up with as he thought. Míngzé saved him from it though as he mentioned that he has never been much of a wine drinker, he had honestly been thinking the same. ”Me neither, it’s definitely not my choice of drink. Best to get something that you prefer then right?” He said as he waved at a waiter, the man already coming their way. ”So what would you like to drink?” Leaving the choice up to Míngzé, he was already thinking about what he might just order himself. Something a bit stronger than this wine at the very least.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

A fear of heights. Míngzé contemplated the idea before he shook his head. “It is different for me,” he decided to say whilst trying to come up with a way to explain it. “It is more that I know the roof ends somewhere and that there will be an abyss waiting. I don’t know where or when the roof will stop and the idea of taking one wrong step is scary.” The first time he entered a rooftop, he’d stuck close to the wall, hoping it was far enough away form the edge that he would not fall. He would never have done it alone either. “But I assume this rooftop is quite secure with no way of tumbling to my demise,” Míngzé laughed softly, an attempt to make light of the situation.

“A new café which opened its doors one month ago I think. It is called ‘Tales and Brew’.” It did not feel like a place Lamar would soon visit, but maybe he could spread the word to others he knew. “Understandable. A lot of sick people during this time of the year?” Míngzé inquired. Everyone needed a break from work every now and then.

Asking for mere water during this dinner seemed like an unfit move. A hum echoed in his throat as he gave it a thought. “Surprise me.” A dangerous thing to say, given his low tolerance for anything alcohol related. One could say it did not exist. A fact better left a secret. Míngzé was not looking forward to the after effects, the knowledge that even walking would be a problem and how he might not even make it downstairs on his own.

The base of the wineglass rolls between his fingers, slowly but steadily, an indication of the nerves still present.  “I must ask, how is the view?” While a life without vision was one he grew accustomed to, there were things he missed out on, having to rely on others for that knowledge. He could still enjoy it, albeit differently than those around me, when given a description.

Somewhere to the side, he could hear movement, perhaps the waiter gathering his things, or people preparing their meal. The sound was muffled as his attention went to Lamar.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It was something that he couldn’t imagine, not being able to see where something like a roof would end, so he was grateful that Míngzé took his time to explain it, it made it make a bit more sense for him. ”Don’t worry, it looks quite secure to me and otherwise I would stop you before it is too late.” It was best if nothing would go wrong today, he wouldn’t be able to stop himself from helping if someone would need some medical attention.

When Míngzé talked about his new workplace he had to admit that he had indeed not heard about the place before. But if it was only there for a month that wasn’t much of a surprise. But he would keep it in mind and if he ever had enough time he might pay a visit. ”I will remember the name, might visit sometime in the future.” He didn’t go to cafes often, preferring a bar if he had the time, but from time to time he did visit them, especially when he was meeting with someone. ”Yes, but it will hopefully be a bit better soon.” And then he could maybe take a few days off.

He looked a bit surprised when Míngzé told him to surprise him. It didn’t make the choice easier though, since now he had to think about whether the other would like his choice and he had no idea. He had thought about ordering a scotch whisky for himself, his go to drink really when he wanted to get a drink. He could make another choice, but the waiter was already there and if Míngzé didn’t like it he could always drink both. ”Two scotch whisky.” He ordered and as the waiter left he turned to Míngzé. ”If you don’t like it I will drink both.” He didn’t want to pressure Míngzé into drinking it, so it was really up to him.

He took another sip from the wine, planning on finishing this glass at least. Míngzé asked him how the view was and he took a look around for a moment. ”The garden itself is beautiful, but the view with the setting sun is even better.” He tried, his gaze travelling around when it landed on some kind of band. They had several instruments with them, of which a violin and they were definitely coming this way. ”Oh no.” Was all the warning he gave Míngzé before they started playing, clearly something that should have seemed very romantic, but didn’t feel like that in the slightest in this moment.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Lamar assured him that the place was indeed secure. It made sense, the organization did not want people falling to their deaths during one of their dates. “I’ll hold you to that.” Not that anything could happen. Míngzé was not moving away from his seat unless it was to go home again. Nothing would get him to stand up and walk around the rooftop.

“Please do, it's a really nice place and definitely worth your time.” If he could spread the word by telling people about this place, he would. Kieran had helped him a great deal after all with this job, so he wanted to do something in return. However small it might be. “I hope so too.” People often got sick during these months and he could only praise himself lucky that he did not. Although he probably should’ve seen a doctor when his arm got burned. It might’ve prevented the ugly scarring.

Beautiful. That was the word used to describe the view with. Míngzé hummed softly as his gaze drifted off to the world below them. A silence settled over him, as he contemplated asking more. He probably shouldn’t. It was not worth it and would make things only more uncomfortable than they already were. Beautiful. A meaningless word really. It told him nothing.

Míngzé was glad when music started playing. It broke the silence, gave them something else to talk about and he could ignore his previous conflict. He recognized the music immediately and an almost pained laugh escaped. “Of course they have to play something like this.” Míngzé buried his head in his hands. Because they just had to play romantic music during a blind date. My heart will go on. It was so awkward that it was painfully funny.

Not even a minute later, they received their new drinks, together with their first dish. Ravioli of king crab with a Parmesan cheese sauce, they explained. Their plates were beautifully decorated and the dish itself was small, leaving enough room for more to come. They had even used edible flowers as decoration.

Míngzé grabbed his cutlery, but did not start eating right away. “It sounds good.” Why did it have to be dinner?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

Maybe he would visit the cafe on his next day off, just to see what kind of place it would be. If he didn’t like it he might never come back there, but he could at least try it out. He just needed to get another moment off like right now for that to happen. It might just be a place that he had been looking for to be able to relax a bit.

It might have been better if he had described the place in more detail, might have made it easier for Míngzé to imagine how it all looked, but he really wasn’t good at describing things like that and definitely not used to it. It didn’t help that the band had gotten closer and started playing a clearly romantic song. Of course they just had to choose this one. He honestly wanted to do the same as Míngzé, but tried to keep his composure a little, though it didn’t help at all. ”They probably thought it would be romantic.” He commented, knowing his face was a bit flushed out of embarrassment this time.

Their drinks arrived together with the first dish. They introduced it as a ravioli of king crab with a parmesan cheese sauce. It looked and sounded delicious and Míngzé even told him that it sounded good. Though he could understand if it was all a bit uncomfortable for him. ”It looks and smells good too.” He told Míngzé. He took a sip from his drink, the familiar taste, much better than the wine they had had up to this point and the burn of the liquor was just right. ”If you need help, just let me know.” He didn’t know whether it was right to offer here or if it would rub Míngzé the wrong way, but he wanted him to enjoy this too as much as possible.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

The music made everything so much worse. During moments like this, Míngzé was almost glad he was unable to see the look on the other’s face. It was bad enough as it was. He lifted his hand and rubbed his eyes. “They really didn’t have to go through all that trouble,” he sighed. At least the organization did their best to make this the best possible scenario for a date.

Help was offered, but Míngzé shook his head and softly laughed it away. “Thanks, but I’ll be fine.” In other words, accepting this help would only make the situation even more awkward in his eyes. There was no way he was going to ask this man to, for example, cut his meat. No, he would do it himself, even if it would take a bit longer.

He grabbed his glass and took a sip from his wine. “So tell me, why did you apply for this whole blind date thing?” Míngzé asked as he turned his gaze towards Lamar. Using his knife he found everything on his plate. As he took his first bite, he hummed. “This is very good.”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He could see that someone had thought this all through to make it as romantic as possible, but in their case it only made things more awkward. ”They probably thought that some people would need this to be able to relax.” Though it didn’t help him at all. ”Well, they’re at least good at this.” It would have been bad enough if they couldn’t even play.

He had offered his help, knowing that he might get a bad reaction in turn, but he felt that he should at least offer it. It just made him realise that he barely knew anything about the other, besides the few encounters they had had up to this point. ”Do you live alone?” If that was the case of course he would know how to do all this, despite the fact that it might take more time, but that would be completely fine. He himself had never really lived on his own, not even during college, since he had wanted to help in the clinic. It was easier to live in the house that was attached to it.

He took a few bites of the food, before taking another sip from his drink. It tasted very good, at least they had chosen a place that served good food for all this. He watched Míngzé as he asked why he had even applied himself for this. That wasn’t really an easy thing to answer. ”I was hoping to just find someone I can get along with really. It’s not something that I often get the chance for with how busy I am.” He was a bit of a workaholic, he was not going to deny that. ”And if something came of it, that would be a bonus.” He doubted that there would be many people who would want a workaholic like him. ”And you? Any special reason?” He wasn’t going to be the only one telling their reason here.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

The music in the background did not make the situation any better, but at least it was nice. Míngzé tried not to think too much about it. “I do, for almost a year now, if you don’t count all my pokémon.” It was something he was proud of and did not want to change. Change meant failure.

Míngzé nodded a few times as Lamar spoke to let him know he was listening. Another sip from his wine and he noticed it was almost empty. “If you ignore the awkwardness, it is not going too bad.” Which was far better than a bad kind of awkwardness, where silence was all consuming.

It was expected to be asked the same question. Before he answered he took another bite, giving him the time to think about it. “To live a little?” he said, one corner of his mouth pulling into a slight smile. “I mostly wanted to try something new, something I’ve never done before.”So far, it wasn't horrible, but it didn't feel like something he would do again. At least now he could say he had done it and it was another story to tell.

“To be fair, I can’t remember the last date I’ve been on.” That’s how long it has been. Three years at least. Míngzé felt around with his knife, only to conclude he had finished his plate. Safe for perhaps a few bits and pieces.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

So he did live on his own with his pokemon, that was good for him. Sometimes he wished that he had his own place too and the more pokemon he got, the more it seemed like his parents wanted him to get his own place too. But he didn’t want something that was far away from the clinic and it was just easier to live in the house attached to it. ”Do you have many pokemon?” Having a conversation like this made the date itself easier and a little less awkward.

A small smile broke through as he listened to Míngzé, it was true that if they ignored the awkwardness, this whole thing was pretty nice. It was clear that someone had put quite a bit of thought into this. He could understand why Míngzé wanted to go on a blind date, it was something new to try, yes, but it was definitely not for everyone. He himself didn’t know if he would do this again, but he might think differently in a while.

Míngzé admitted that he couldn’t even remember when the last date had been and it had honestly been the same for him. He had just been too busy to even try anything like it. ”I can’t either, maybe it was somehow a reason too that I applied to this.” But it was mostly just to meet someone new and that part had kind of failed. ”Is there something else you would like to try that you have never done before?” Since Míngzé had mentioned trying something new, there might be more than just going on a blind date.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

This whole dating thing was not going too bad, not that he could view it as a date given that he knew the man in front of him. The alcohol already in his system helped to make the whole conversation go smoother. Although it would’ve been fine without it.

How many pokémon did he have, a straightforward question but he was not completely sure. “Four so far, although a fifth one snuck inside my home. I don’t even know what it is exactly but it lives with me now I guess?” There was a thoughtful expression on his face. This new pokémon was quiet and easy to forget about, but it was there. Somewhere.

“If I’m not mistaken you have them too, right?” That whole night in the woods felt like a distant memory, but he could vaguely remember the pokémon Lamar had brought with him. Not that he had any idea what species they were.

A chuckle escaped when Lamar confessed he had the same problem. “Look at us, both too bad at this to do it ourselves,” Míngzé said amused. Dating had never been one of his strong points, especially not after his ex. But it was fine.  

“Besides going on blind dates?” He hummed as he tapped with his finger on the table. “To be fair, it's not something I've given much thought to. Whatever comes on my path? A lot of people would probably say skydiving, or whatever, which sounds very dangerous.” Or perhaps it was the idea to fall down into nothing. An endless abyss. A shiver ran down his spine. Yet the idea was in a way exciting. “Is that something you would do?” Míngzé raised an eyebrow as he waited for an answer.

Míngzé found the smaller glass of whisky Lamar had ordered earlier, but he didn't dare to drink it right away. Instead, he swirled the liquid around.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

So Míngzé had four pokemon and a fifth one that had snuck into his home. He himself hadn’t experienced the latter happening, but he did have four pokemon too by now. Back in the forest he had only had two and when he met Míngzé last time he had been with the Solux. ”I have four too, though they can definitely be a handful sometimes.” Especially the two he had had for quite some time already. They were always up to some mischief. ”The Oshawott and Popplio were with me in the forest and the Solux was the one that evolved last time. I also have a Lurin.” The pokemon had a special colour, one that he knew wasn’t common for the Lurin.

It seemed like they had something in common at least, though the fact that they both couldn’t remember their last date was a bit sad. ”It’s good that people organise this, because apparently I am also a bad wingman.” He had once tried to bring two of his friends together, knowing that they liked each other and had failed. ”So no, I just think I’m a bit bad at all this.” That included his own dating life.

He had asked Míngzé what he would like to try, but it didn’t seem that he had a clear answer, just things that would come upon his path. At the mention of skydiving he shook his head. ”No skydiving is something I wouldn’t do. Diving is something I do from time to time.” That was completely different after all and if he ever got the chance he would like to head somewhere else than Cerynia to be able to dive there too, but he had never left here. ”And maybe I would like to travel one day. I at least know the basics of most languages after all, but have never been outside of Cerynia.” He told the other, watching as Míngzé took the glass with the whisky in his hand, but didn’t take a sip from it yet. He took his own glass and took another sip, the alcohol was starting to have a bit of an influence, though not much. Just a pleasant buzz really.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

While Míngzé had some basic knowledge about pokémon, it was not great. When Lamar started explaining which one he had, he only received a questioning look. Oshawott, Popplio— these were names he had never heard. The other two were from Cerynia and had been on the news a while ago. It was the only reason he knew of them. “I’m afraid I have no idea what half of those pokémon are,” Míngzé said with a somewhat awkward smile. He did not think he was good at training his pokémon to listen, and he felt like this was prove of that.

“Oh? How so?” It sounded like there was a story there and now he was curious. It was better to hear someone else's story instead of talking about himself. It was so much easier.

No skydiving, but rather normal diving. A shiver visibly ran down his spine as he shook his head. “That’s going to be a no for me. Me and the ocean are not friends.” He’d gone back once because his goal was stronger than his fear, but he would not go again willingly. Traveling sounded better. Míngzé raised his brow when Lamar mentioned that he knew the basics of most languages. “Nà hěn liǎobùqǐ.” It was not as fluent, both because he barely used it and he had to keep his tongue form getting into a knot. A small grin lay on his lips as he took a sip, wondering if the man would understand him or not.

That is impressive.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It wasn’t surprising that the other didn’t know all the pokemon he had just named. Two of them had only recently been discovered here after all. ”I could show them to you sometime.” And when those words left him, he realised his mistake. ”Sorry, scrap that idea.” He tried to save the conversation, but he would understand if Míngzé would get mad. He just knew he was never going to forget this again.

”You really want to know?” Not that he would tell the whole story of course and definitely not who the people were. ”People seem to confide in me, so I ended up hearing that two people liked each other.” And they had been his friends at that. ”They are both friends of mine, so I tried to bring them together and failed.” Shae had ended up with that guy and it was one of his regrets that he hadn’t tried harder so that relationship could have been spared.

Apparently Míngzé didn’t like the ocean either, which he could understand with being blind and all. ”Understandable,” It would be risky and not even worth the dive as he couldn’t see anything down there. As he mentioned travelling and knowing several languages the other started speaking the one language that Shae had learned him and a smile appeared on his own face. ”Xièxiè nǐ,*” He started. ”Wǒ de yī gè péngyǒu jiāo wǒ zhège.**” He told the other. ”So you know it too,” He remarked, switching back to the common tongue.

Translations:
* Thank you
** A friend of mine taught me this one.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Amused he raised an eyebrow. People were often careful with what they said, sometimes too careful. Míngzé shook his head. “Don’t worry, you can still show me, it’s just a bit different.” He shrugged. Unless people made him aware of it, like now, he did not even notice.

While they were talking, people came to clean up their plates, brought new glasses and cutlery and then left. A soft laugh escaped when Lamar told him about his failed attempt. “It’s probably more difficult than it sounds.” Míngzé knew he would not be able to do anything of the sort.

Míngzé blinked in surprise when Lamar responded. That was not what he expected at all. “Ow,” he said a bit lost for words for the moment. The other drink Lamar had ordered before found its way to his hand again. It was tilted, nearly spilling its contents. “Not what I expected.” The language was difficult and few knew how to speak it.

He brought the glass to his lips, but before he could sip, Lamar continued. “Family,” he started. His accent was not perfect and he was not fluent, but it was good enough. “I was born in Cerynia, but I still have a lot of family left in Fènghuáng. My parents also did not know the common tongue when they first came here. Even now they are pretty bad at it.”

Finally he drank, his sip a bit too large. The taste was something else, strong and powerful, but the burn going down his whole chest was the worst. Nothing like the things he’d tried before. Coughing was unavoidable as he placed down the glass. Tears burned in his eyes from the coughing. “Fuck— sorry—” And here he thought he was finally used to it.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It was true that he could still just show them, though it would have to be for another time since he hadn’t brought any of them with him. ”Well, maybe sometime then.” He didn’t want to force the other if he really didn’t want to. He couldn’t help but laugh too about the whole story. ”Yes, it was quite hard.” Especially getting two people together at the same place while both travelled a lot.

He saw Míngzé’s reaction, it was clear that the man hadn’t expected him to reply like that. Though he just had to pick the one language that Shae had thought him. Not that he was perfect in it, far from it really, but it was enough to be able to communicate when needed. He watched as Míngzé picked up the glass, nearly spilling its contents, but for now it seemed to go fine and Míngzé had already told him that he didn’t need the help.

So his family originated from Fènghuáng, that explained things and it wasn’t strange to still use it when it came down to family. ”It does explain why you do know the language too.” He nodded slightly as he saw Míngzé taking a sip from the glass and ending up in a coughing fit. ”Sorry, I should have warned you.” He told the other. ”Should I ask for some water?” It might be better than having him drink more of the alcohol.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content