Memberlist
Accountswitch

A night to remember

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

Bad wingman. Two friends that were in love. A failure. Míngzé mused about it, wondering where it went wrong. “Did they fall in love with the wrong person?” he asked, arching an eyebrow. It sounded like there was so much more to the story and for some reason he was starting to get invested. These small pieces of information were not nearly enough.

Most people did not burn their hands on it either. Míngzé gave it a thought and came to the conclusion that Lamar must be the only one who learned it for some other reason than family. Unless he secretly was from Fènghuáng too. He wanted to ask him, but before he could, he made the bad decision to try his drink.

With a wave of his hand and a shake of his head he told Lamar no. While his throat was very well still on fire, he would not let it get him down. “No need,” he added, his voice sounding hoarse. Almost as if these people were making fun of them, they came to fill their new glasses with another type of wine. “See, refreshments are already here.” With a lazy gesture he motioned to their glasses, nearly hitting the bottle without noticing. He shot the other a small smile.

Silently he prayed that there would not be too many more wines, because everything was already feeling more heavy than before. Yet he reached for his newly filled glass, his coördination completely off. Just where did they put this glass?

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Lamar Sault
IC Posts : 436

Lamar SaultAttuned Affinity
Fall in love with the wrong person? One did get a relationship yes and it had definitely ended badly. He would have rather seen them together too than for Shae to end up with that man, even if it was already over now. But somehow neither of them had managed to get the feelings of the other and he himself didn’t feel like breaking the trust they had had in him to tell him about it. So he tried, in several ways, to get them to understand each other. And yet he had failed.

”Not at first, but one did end up with someone else for a while and with both of them travelling around a lot it was quite hard to get them together. So things never really worked out.” And here he was, never having travelled himself, at least not outside of Cerynia. Despite knowing all kinds of languages he had never really needed to use them outside of his work, except for maybe a few times. Though he doubted that it would be very good if he ever went to other countries, then he would most likely notice the difference immediately.

He really should have warned the other about the amount of alcohol that was inside the whisky. But of course they came to give them more wine, though he wondered if you could really call that a refreshment. ”Are you sure?” He wondered if wine would really help here. Even if Míngzé seemed confident, he was clearly having some trouble finding the glass.

There was a moment where he wondered if he shouldn’t interfere, before the drink would be accidentally spilled. It might be for the better, even if Míngzé wouldn’t be happy with it. He reached over the table and found the glass, grabbing it tightly enough that it wouldn’t fall if Míngzé hit it and brought it to the other’s hand. ”Here is the glass.” He made sure that Míngzé had the glass in his hand before he would let go.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Mar, Mary
Birthday: 15/06
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood
I'm relentless I don't quit. Won't forget this and my pain. Is what got me right here

He gave Lamar the time to explain where it had gone wrong with him as a wingman. They were apparently people who liked to travel, which explained why things were difficult. “Understandable,” Míngzé said with a short nod. “Some things are not meant to be, I guess,” he continued with a shrug. It was impossible to force love, that was something that slowly had to grow and sometimes it just did not work out.

With a serious look in his eyes he searched for his newly filled glass of wine. Surely he was not going mad. Someone had brought new glasses and had poured wine. Then where was it? Not where he was reaching for, that was sure. It was when he noticed Lamar shifting in his seat that he stopped his own failed attempts. Again he reached out and there it was. First his fingertips brushed against the other’s hand, before finding the glass. "Thanks," he said with a small smile on his lips.

How embarrassing.

“They should invent glowing glasses,” Míngzé complained with a faked sigh. He was aware of his own inability to hold glasses straight. In his head he always held them right, which was not always the case. He was really trying, adjusting the angle constantly.

A waiter appeared at their table again, placing down their plates and explaining what their next dish was. A  croquette of lamb’s brain with asparagus, morels, and peas. Míngzé raised an eyebrow as he looked down upon it. “Does it look good?” he asked a bit hesitantly. It absolutely sounded disgusting. Eating brains? Who does that? He took a sip of his wine, mentally preparing himself for what was to come.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It seemed to be that way, though he wouldn’t have minded seeing them together. They did suit each other after all, but he knew that if they were meant to be that at one point it should all fit together, even without him interfering.

He held the glass of the other in his hand, making sure that Ming had a good grip on it before releasing the glass. There was a slight brush of hands, but he knew that it was only because the man was trying to reach for his glass. There wasn’t a complaint from the other man, only a thanks, which meant that he hadn’t overstepped, which was good.

A smile played on his lips as he drank his own wine, listening to Míngzé. The man was clearly starting to get affected by the alcohol and while his own tolerance was quite high normally, he knew it would be best if he remained sober here. That way he could at the very least guide Míngzé home after this.

”Who knows, maybe one day someone will.” Or maybe it already existed, it wouldn’t hurt to look into it. He started to focus on his affinity, using it to circulate the alcohol inside his body, starting to speed up the process of breaking down the alcohol in his body. He knew that some saw it as cheating, but in cases like this he was grateful for it. The downside was that he would be very tired if he had to keep this up for a long time and the frequency of toilet breaks were a bit unfortunate.

Their next dish came and he had to admit that it looked good. It was just that when it got explained that he didn’t really know what to think of it. ”It looks good, just like a croquette, but I wonder if the same can be said for the taste.” It might be best not to think of what might be on the inside. He took a bite as a test and as he chewed, he didn’t know if he was liking this, though it wasn’t too bad he guessed. Still he grabbed the wine again, quickly taking a sip to give him a different taste.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Míngzé raised his glass to his lips, looking inside it as he drank while wondering what it must be like. The idea was rather fascinating. Why had he not thought about this sooner? The idea was briljant. “If you invent it, be sure to give me some credits too,” he said with a small grin as he placed down his glass, just in time for their food to arrive.

However when they were being told what it was, Míngzé felt the urge to take another sip of the strong beverage.

It looked good. Míngzé stared down at his plate, his appetite from earlier gone. “They can’t possibly expect us to eat it?” Brains— they were making them eat brains during a date. It was an idea he could not get behind. Hesitantly he lowered his fork, searching for anything that did not feel like a croquette.

“Have you tried it yet?” Míngzé asked during his search. He noticed the other was moving, so perhaps he was a brave soul who ate brains. It felt like a victory when he stabbed something else which did not feel like a croquette. As expected it wasn’t, instead he could taste the asparagus. While he was not a big fan, he preferred it over brains.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He smiled when Míngzé told him to give him credit if he were to invent it himself. ”Will do.” He replied, though he made a mental note to look into it and maybe next time he could give some of them if he had found them that was.

They clearly expected them to eat this, so he was brave and took a bite. He just couldn’t really say that he liked it all that much and used the wine to rinse the taste away from his mouth. It was very clear that Míngzé didn’t seem to want to eat it and he could understand it.

”Yes, can’t say I really like it.” It was doable, but that was it really. ”It did look good, but the taste is not something I would want to try again after this.” The wine was already gone now too, having been used to get the taste out of his mouth. He started eating the rest of his plate, leaving the last bit of croquette uneaten.

Once he was finished with the meal, he grabbed the glass of whisky again, emptying it this time. ”Do you want another drink?” He asked Ming, since he was determined to order another one to make sure that he wouldn’t have to think back to what he had just tried to eat.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

While the idea of eating brains was already not to his liking, Lamar did not help. Míngzé’s expression became one of worry when he heard the taste was not great either. “Can’t say I expected anything else,” he muttered. By now he ate everything he could find that was not a ball of brains. With his fork he poked the small croquette, careful not to squash it.

“I assume you don't want my—” A soft chuckle escaped. One day he would develop a higher tolerance for alcohol, but that day was not today. “You want my brains too?” Míngzé managed to finish his sentence. He gestured at his plate. It was not even funny, but still there was a smile tugging at his lips. What a stupid thing to say. He should probably apologize after.

And then the question came if he wanted another drink. The only right answer was— “Why not.” While he would regret it the next day, he did not mind it right now. As long as they had a good time. “What do you suggest this time?” The first one had been a bit too strong to his liking, but Lamar seemed to have more knowledge about all this, so he was the better person to choose. “I don’t know much about alcohol, the only ones I’ve really tried are cocktails.” Those were a lot sweeter than what they had. “And tequila.” Still, he preferred cocktails.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He knew that his comments had made it so that Míngzé wouldn’t eat the croquette anymore, but he didn’t even want to finish his own, so he wasn’t going to tell the man to taste it. He was almost immediately shaking his head when Míngzé asked if he wanted to eat his brains too. Though it was a bit unfortunately worded. ”No, I don’t want to eat your brains.” He said, there was a hint of amusement in his voice as he said that.

He was waving a waiter over when Míngzé agreed to another drink. Once more asking what he would suggest this time. He knew that the last one might have been a bit too strong for the man and it might be better to not have him completely drunk before the dinner was even over. The man mentioned cocktails and tequila, as the ones he had tried before. Maybe a liqueur was something that would work then. It was just a question of which one.

”Maybe a liqueur then?” He suggested, while giving himself a bit of time to think about what could work here. He knew that the next course would be dessert most likely, so that meant that it could fit with it. ”Could we have two limoncello?” He decided, it wouldn’t be too sweet, but definitely something refreshing after those brains. Of course he could have chosen something else, but if it wasn’t to Míngzé’s taste again he would let the man choose next time.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Míngzé snorted when Lamar said he did not want to eat his brains. “Too bad, they were still warm I think.” He carefully shoved his plate forward and away from him. If Lamar did not want it, he would not even give it a chance. They could take it back and he would wait for the next dish. Hopefully that one was something normal.

Already his head felt heavy and a bit hazy. Adding more alcohol to it together with the wines they kept receiving, it would only get worse. Míngzé was already dreading the moment when he would have to get up. What if he made a fool of himself? He could not have that. “And some water, please.” Water should help at least a little bit. Or so he hoped.

“So I guess you know your drinks. Is there something you really don’t like? Besides brains.” Meanwhile Míngzé reached for his glass of wine, emptying it. By now he was used to the taste and it was easier to drink a bit more each time.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

Even if they were still warm, he wouldn’t want them. He just hoped that the next course would be more up their alley, since this was not something he would have chosen himself. ”I assume that they wouldn’t put any brains in the dessert.” Though you never knew when someone was ready to give it to them like this.

He had been a bit uncertain whether he should give the man more alcohol, but Míngzé had agreed to ordering more. He would make sure the other would get home after this and if not he would have to take him to the clinic, to his own house. He could already guess what his parents would think about that, but he tried not to think about it.

He kept needing to concentrate on his affinity though if he wanted to still be capable of doing so. When Míngzé asked if there was anything more he didn’t like, he had to think for a moment. ”I dislike things that are really bitter.” He told him. It was why he preferred tea over coffee, though coffee wasn’t all that bad if you added milk and sugar. ”Anything you dislike?” Something he could keep in mind for a next time.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

Lamar had a point. But still— “I also did not expect them to put any brains in my croquette,” he countered with a raised eyebrow. Just a nice simple dessert, that was all he really wanted. Maybe that would be enough to quell his hunger completely, because right now that was not the case. “Do you think they have hamburgers here? Like the ones from mcdonalds.” Now that was something he could use.

This time they did not receive new glasses for wine and instead only got the small glasses of limoncello. He shot the waiter a small slime, thanked them and then looked at the table. “Before I hit everything, could you maybe hand me the glass?” Míngzé already lifted his hand. He did not like to ask these kinds of questions, but the alternative was worse.

“So you are not someone that needs their morning coffee before doing anything else?” he asked the other calmly. He assumed someone like Lamar had to get up early each day. “Spicy food, my eyes will start tearing immediately and there is no stopping my nose from running.” Even if food was a little bit spicy it was often already too much.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It was very true that he hadn’t expected them to put brains at all in their food, but that it had happened for the main dish was something that was logical, it wasn’t if it happened for the dessert too. ”It would be even stranger to put it in a dessert though.” He countered. He couldn’t help but laugh when Míngzé wondered if they had hamburgers here, like the ones from mcdonalds. ”I can take you there after this if you want to.” He had to admit that it hadn’t been all that filling up to this point, especially not when he skipped most of the croquette.

It didn’t take long before the two small glasses with Limoncello arrived, to which Míngzé asked him to give him the glass before he was going to hit things off the table. ”Sure, here.” He said as he grabbed the glass and put it in Míngzé’s hand, making sure he had a grip on it before letting go.

”No I would rather not, though coffee is doable with enough milk and sugar.” Not that he needed it really. ”I can’t say I’m that fond of spicy food either, though I am able to eat it if it isn’t too spicy.” He definitely wouldn’t want to have really spicy food where he could barely taste anything anymore.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

No matter what, this dish was one he would never forget, even though he had not even given it a try. They took away their plates, and he was not even sorry, he only felt a little bit bad. These people put so much work in these dishes, and then he did not even touch them.

“Brains filled with cream and a sauce of warm chocolate, sounds delicious.” The idea alone sent a shiver down his spine. It was best not to imagine what it must taste like, or he would not even dare to try the desert. “Only if you want to.” Otherwise he would find something to eat once he was back home. “I could definitely still eat, even after dessert.”

He flashed a quick smile when he was handed the glass. “Thanks.” Once he had it, things would be easier. He could place it somewhere and know where exactly it was. Míngzé brought the smaller glass to his lips and took a small sip followed by a hum. “This is good,” he said with a few nods. Much better than what they had before.

“I’ll make sure to remember that.” Míngzé made a quick mental note. He had no idea when he would ever need it, but never say never. If he ever were to serve him coffee, it would be with milk and sugar. Food would not be a problem, as he did not eat spicy food anyway.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He didn’t even want to think about what that might look or taste like. He would really rather not think about them putting brains in their dessert or he wouldn’t be able to eat it most likely. ”Please don’t make me imagine that.” It would definitely not look good and the taste would be even worse.

”No it’s fine, we could even leave before the dessert if you want?” He just hoped that the dessert would be normal, then they wouldn’t have to. But he was definitely fine with taking Míngzé to another location after this.

The limoncello had arrived and he helped Míngzé find his glass before taking his own and taking a sip from it. This was definitely quite refreshing after having eaten those brains and it seemed that Míngzé also thought it to be good. He would keep in mind next time not to offer too strong a drink to the other.

He smiled when Míngzé told him he would make sure to remember that. He would do the same with the information Míngzé had given him, that much was sure. It was nice to get to know bits and pieces about each other like this. Somehow it hadn’t been such a bad idea to go on a blind date.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

There was a soft grin on his face followed by a chuckle. No way he would be able to eat a dessert that contained brains. He drank the last of his wine and pushed the glass away. “Sorry,” he apologized, the amusement not leaving his voice. “These are moments I’m glad I can’t create a mental image.” That would make it ten times worse he assumed.

He was hungry, or better yet starving. Leaving now felt like a good idea, but he was too curious what the dessert might be. “How about this,” he started, raising a finger as if he was about to tell him something very important. “We wait for the dessert and if it’s gruesome, we make a run for it.” Or fast walk. Or just walk. Running was not the best idea, it never was really.

With the limoncello in hand he waited, taking a sip every now and then even though it was but a small glass. Drinking this was easier than everything they had before.

The waiter soon arrived again, bringing them their last dish. Luckily no brains were involved. A moelleux au chocolat with roasted strawberries and homemade vanilla ice cream. It smelled delicious. “Happy we waited?” he asked while trying to find the cake to take his first bite.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

That really was a benefit to not being able to see, having no mental image of things you wouldn’t want to have. ”Have you never been able to see?” He hadn’t bothered to ask up to this point, but he couldn’t help but be a little curious about it. Though even if Míngzé had been able to see, he might not remember anything of it now.

He laughed when Míngzé said that they would wait for the dessert, but if it was gruesome they would make a run for it. He doubted they would get far, but the sight would definitely be funny. ”Alright, not what I imagined to happen on a first date, but that could be fun.” Though running wouldn’t be a good idea and he doubted that the dessert would be gruesome.

He knew the dessert would probably be delicious and he could say that he was not disappointed. It seemed to be some kind of lava cake and he just knew it was going to be good. ”Really glad we waited, no brains in sight.” And they better not be inside the cake either. He grabbed the spoon and broke through the layer of cake, warm chocolate came out of it and it smelled definitely good.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

They’d seen each other a few times before, but never had Lamar asked anything about it. Which was fine. Some people were far too curious while others were unsure if they could ask these kinds of questions. “I have, many, many years ago and even then it wasn’t anything to write home about,” he told him with a soft smile. “There is not much I remember from that time, sadly enough.”

He chuckled and hummed in agreement. “A first time for everything.” With that he finished the last of his drink, now he could focus on the desert alone. And the water he had ordered, which he almost emptied in one go.

“I’m really glad we don’t have to sneak out. Although, running away from your blind date with your blind date would’ve made for quite a story.” Míngzé felt the weight on his spoon and brought it to his mouth. A hum escaped as it melted on his tongue, the taste rich of chocolate. This was better than anything else they had that night. “This is really good,” he said, pointing at his plate. If only the whole night had been filled with desserts.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

So Míngzé had at one point in time at least been able to see something, though with what the man was saying he doubted that it had been anything good. Of course it was convenient to be able to see and he had no idea what it was like to be blind, but there was so much that could be experienced without sight. ”Then it really is quite convenient that you won’t be able to picture what something like brains would look like with chocolate sauce and such.” He wished he could undo his own imagination, but that was hard.

”That would definitely have been a good story to tell. If people try to escape, normally they would try to escape without the blind date.” And definitely do not expect the partner to be actually blind. However they didn’t need to as the dessert definitely smelled and looked good.

The first bite was even better than he thought it would be and he knew he should savour the taste, but he couldn’t help but eat the whole dessert quite quickly. He could still eat more, that much was certain after this, but they had already planned where they would go after this. ”Ready to make a run for it now though?” He decided to ask Míngzé, though they could just leave quietly.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
It isn't in my blood

“Who’d have thought that was one of the positives about being blind.” It was best to joke about these kinds of things, otherwise it would only send him down a rabbit hole of self pity. One of the downsides was that he could not necessarily run if they were to make an escape. “I’d say it makes for a good story,” he said with a nod.

His plate was empty in a matter of minutes, or at least he thought it was empty. A nice ending if you asked him, but it had not been enough. For a moment he did not want to say anything about it, thinking that maybe Lamar was done for the night. He quirked an eyebrow when their previous plan was mentioned again. “Sounds like a great idea. Just give me a moment.”

How to do this…

The world was spinning, which was fine as long as he sat down, but the moment he would stand up that would change. Míngzé cursed himself for the decisions he’d made, for all the alcohol currently in his system.

Taking a deep breath, he pushed his chair back and slowly got up. He held his hands on the table as support and first grabbed his cane. “You know—” Míngzé started before pausing for a second. “Walking when you can’t see and while your head is spinning is more difficult than you would realize.” He quickly flashed a smile. That was smooth, very smooth.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It would definitely make for a good story, but the dessert was a bit too good to leave behind like that, so they decided to eat instead of making a run for it. It would really have been a good story though, sadly not one they could tell, only that they had considered doing it after the main dish.

While the dessert had been satisfying, he could definitely still eat more and Míngzé had sounded like he wanted more, so he would get the man his burger. Though it soon became apparent that it might be a bit of a challenge. He had known that Míngzé had drunk quite a bit and that it would be affecting him, but as he watched the other stand up, it became all the more clear in how much support he sought from the table.

Quickly he got up, his affinity making sure that he was not feeling the effects of the alcohol like Míngzé did. He really didn’t want the other to fall down because he had given him a bit too much alcohol. ”Hold onto me then,” He told him. He was kind of used to getting drunk people home, though he had promised this one a trip to McDonalds, so he was going to give him that. Carefully he reached out to grab the other's arm, to make sure that Míngzé would know what to hold on to.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content