Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

Lost and found

2 posters
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé couldn’t remember the first time he watched this tv show or what in particular had drawn him to it. Something about it made it very amusing to listen to, even when some of the shock value went unnoticed. Maybe it was the way the main character spoke. Míngzé hummed amused at Kieran’s impression. “Perfect, now all you’re missing is your Wilson.” The poor best friend who has to deal with everything the doctor does.

A revalidation process of six years sounded like such a long time, yet at the same time because of the severity it did not sound that long at all. Míngzé sighed deeply, softly shaking his head. “That’s horrible.” What else was there to say? No one deserved to go through something like this. “Glad to see you are doing okay, considering everything.” At least, Míngzé got that impression. He never knew what he might be missing.

At some point they’d brought their order and Míngzé placed his hands around the warm cup. “That’s true,” he agreed with a sigh. Míngzé probably did it too, taking risks because it has not gone wrong so far. He was probably also not the only one. Yet, it was something entirely different when you put others into danger too. “I can’t imagine the guilt you have to live with when something like that happens under your watch.” The mere idea that it could’ve been prevented.

THE WEAK ARE SCARED OF THE BRAVE, AND THE BRAVE ARE SCARED OF THE FEARLESS

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Kieran Merlotte
IC Posts : 171

Kieran Merlotte
Kieran's chuckle sounded as Míngzé commented. “My brother would probably be flattered to be my Wilson,” he remarked, picturing Keoni as Wilson, the image so incongruous it sparked a genuine giggle from him.

However, the mood shifted as the conversation veered towards a more sombre topic. Kieran appreciated Míngzé's tactful approach to the sensitive subject, a welcome change from the usual intrusive curiosity he encountered. When Míngzé expressed his relief at Kieran's well-being, a sincere smile graced Kieran's face, accompanied by a nod of acknowledgement. “I’m grateful for it too,” he admitted softly. Despite the trials he had faced, he recognized the value of the life that lay ahead of him – a future that, at times, had seemed out of reach.

They ended up losing their business and had to deal with legal repercussions. It’s a tough road ahead for them,” he shared about the tour guides, his tone neutral, devoid of bitterness. His mother had found a sense of vindication in their downfall, but Kieran's feelings were more complex, less defined by satisfaction. There was an undercurrent of empathy in his words.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kier
Birthday: Sept 2
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

Míngzé himself had been on tours with a guide. The beautiful scenery would do him no good, but the stories they had to tell were the reason he liked them. Never had it crossed his mind that something like this could happen, even if it did not happen often. Next time he booked something like that, he would check the reviews twice.

“Makes sense, after such a disaster.” If he knew something like that happened under their watch, he would not book any tours with that company. It was not worth the risk. It might be a tough road for them, but nothing compared to the suffering Kieran had gone through. It did not even come close.

A voice sounded at his side, one of the waiters that brought them their orders. She named the dishes and Míngzé pointed towards Kieran, telling her that was his. Soon they both had their food. “Tell me, does it look good?” he asked with a small smile. With their food finally here, their conversation came to an end for now. After the first bite, Míngzé was pleasantly surprised. It tasted good and he was glad to finally be eating something.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Kieran Merlotte
IC Posts : 171

Kieran Merlotte

As the dishes were set before them, Míngzé inquired about their appearance. Kieran inhaled deeply, savouring the enticing scents that wafted up from the plates. “They look almost as good as they smell. Let's enjoy!” he replied, eagerly beginning to eat. He was struck by a sudden realisation of his own hunger, which seemed more profound than he had initially thought.

In due time, their plates were cleared. Kieran settled the bill, adding a generous tip for the attentive service. After expressing his gratitude to the staff, he gently took hold of Míngzé’s arm, guiding him with careful, considerate movements through the restaurant. He was mindful of every step, ensuring Míngzé would walk without bumping into anything.

Once outside, Kieran released Míngzé's arm. With a practised ease, he hailed a cab, the vehicle pulling up smoothly beside them. “Allow me to cover this as well. Just share your contact info with me, okay? I'd love for us to keep in touch,” he said, his smile broadening as he offered his phone to Míngzé, bumping it into his arm shortly, signalling for the other to input his number.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Kier
Birthday: Sept 2
Sexuality: Gay
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????

They sat there a while before they had finished both their food and drinks, after which it was time to go home. All of this had done him good, it gave him something to do instead of worrying about what would happen now that he was unemployed.

Once they were in a cap and sat down properly, he lifted an eyebrow when Kiearn started talking about exchanging contact info. “Uh— yeah sure,” he said as he accepted the phone. Using the built-in voice function every phone had, he made sure the other had his phone number. Míngzé was anything but a big texter, but at least he would always respond. “Here you go,” he told the other as he handed over the phone again. “Now you won’t have to fall onto my lap anymore to get my attention.” It was effective for sure.

The remainder of the way home they talked a bit, until the cap pulled over. Míngzé thanked Kieran for the food and the ride home, before returning to his apartment.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content