Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

[VE] Making memories

3 posters
Lucina Roth
IC Posts : 617

Lucina RothEnhanced Affinity
A pokemon approached them, giving her a letter. For once she was glad that she seemed to be able to read the words here, otherwise this might have been a bit of a challenge with Ming unable to see and her unable to tell what was on the letter. She read the words out loud, frowning after she read everything. How was she supposed to know what this could mean?

Ming seemed to start thinking about what it could mean and she wondered too. 'Under the gaze of night' could mean many things. It could mean that it was something under the open sky, but it might also be a place that was covered by something. It could be anything. This wasn't going to be easy, especially with her limited knowledge.

Ming proposed that they go and sit somewhere and she agreed, they needed time to think this over, to think about what this all could mean. "Sure," She told him and lead him to a place where they could sit. Once they sat down, she read the letter again, trying to focus on the things that seemed important to her. "A silent watcher might mean something like a statue? Or something with an eye at least?" It was a simple thought, but it wouldn't help to narrow it down. "Gaze of night can mean that it is under the open sky or that it is in a dark place, I think." She tried, but it still didn't feel right.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Luci
Birthday: ???
Sexuality: Still figuring it out
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

When they sat down it was a bit easier to think this through. Míngzé folded his cane and placed it next to him on the bench. The pokémon that kept stalking him did the same, sniffing at the white thing with growing curiosity. While he was aware of the presence, he completely ignored it and pretended it was not even there.

Lucina also repeated a few of the sentences. “A statue could be a possibility,” he mused quietly. There were probably a few of them around. “They often do hold stories, as people build them to honor something.” Of course there were other reasons too, but often they held tales. Still, he was not convinced.

“Yeah, it’s probably somewhere in the open,” Míngzé agreed with a nod. “But where shadows play? I don’t know what they mean by that.” There were definitely shadows near a statue, they were everywhere after all. “And the tree? Or perhaps that’s too far away.” It did not help that he could not see what was around them.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Lucina Roth

The solution was likely an easy one, but would that really be the case with her limited knowledge? She didn't know. A statue was a possibility, especially since people seemed to tell it stories and it was mostly build to honor something, but that didn't mean that that was what they were looking for. And even if that was the case, which statue would it be, there might be more than one here after all.

Ming agreed that it was somewhere in the open most likely. It might have been too hard to find if that wasn't the case after all. She had no idea what the shadows at play could mean, it could be literal, that the arrow was in a place hidden in the shadows or in the shade of whatever they needed to find. Ming mentioned the tree and for a moment she thought that might be a good place. "The tree could be a possibility, though it might be a bit big to be able to search everything around it." There could be another solution right? "Are there any places you can think of that are related to love stories?" She didn't know anything about that, so she would be useless with coming up with something that would be useful.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The strange pokémon had found a liking to his cane and was now playing with it. All while he kept ignoring the creature, even when it rolled against him. Míngzé leaned back in his seat and loosely crossed his arms. “That’s true.” It was very big and that meant the arrow could be anywhere, perhaps not the best place to start. So— was it really a statue?

Míngzé shook his head at her question. “Not that I’m aware of.” He hummed softly while he was thinking this through. A place related to love. No place was really related to love, as it could be anywhere. “Maybe a simple bench? Although, it is not really a watcher I suppose.” It might still be a possibility. “The part about the shadows could refer to the exact location, like for example, the arrow might be underneath something, as that’s where the shadows are.” At this point he was simply thinking out loud, hoping that it might give her an idea too.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

A statue still seemed like the most logical place, but which one would be the question then. What kind of statue. She had hoped that Ming would know of any romance related spots, but that was a bust too. She really had no other idea for now, but maybe if she thought about it a little harder she might come up with something.

Ming started about a simple bench. How ironic it would be if it was the bench they had been sitting on before, where they met these strange pokemon. "Hm, a bench is a place where people can talk about things, but I don't think it fits." She said and the tree was just too big, but maybe there was something smaller, something that people could tell or tie their wishes to. "Could there be anything where people could make wishes? And then hope they come true?" Like a place where people could write them down and tie them to something, she just had no idea if this was something people here would use.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Not a bench, at least not according to Lucina. With his fingers he started tapping his arm. If it were a statue, it could bath in the light of the moon, or maybe some light around it. But where in the shadows would one hide an arrow? Maybe somewhere inside the statue itself or underneath?

“There definitely exist things like that, but I believe that is a bit too far fetched. I feel like it is something easy, something that is right under our noses.” Míngzé stared out in front of him, repeating the riddle in his head over and over again. This was definitely not his strong suit and it showed. “Can you maybe tell me what you see around you? I assume whatever we are looking for is nearby, so we should be able to see it.” At least, she should be able to see it. A thought passed his mind, one he quickly dismissed. They’ll have to find it the old fashion way.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She was probably thinking too much, too deep for a simple riddle at a festival like this. But answers had never been easy not for her and with her limited knowledge it didn't help either. Ming confirmed that he thought it was something easy, something that might be right under their noses. She looked around, wondering what might fit that might be close. There were stalls of course, you had the performers, where some where using fire and such, but she doubted that was the case.

Ming asked what she saw around her. "Stalls, people who are performing, benches, lots of other people, those bears everywhere." Nothing seemed to really fit. It would be easier if it was close by. "You have the lights hanging everywhere that could count as stars. What should I look for?" If only she had been a bit taller she might have been able to see over the sea of people around them, but that was not the case.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

This was way harder than he’d anticipated. Míngzé rubbed his eyes as if that would help him clear his mind in some way. At the same time Lucina was describing what she saw around her, but none of it really made the light go on in his head. With each thing she summed up he shook his head. “No, that’s not it either,” he muttered.

“I feel like it is something that stands here all year round.” Only that way it could really encounter a lot of stories. A statue was not really a place where hearts came together. When she asked him what she should be looking for, Míngzé shrugged. “Not a clue.”

A sigh rolled over his lips. “The part about ‘bathing is light’ could be about the moon and the sun, and I think it is a place where people meet and spend some time together.” Maybe if he dissected the riddle, he would be able to solve it. “All I can come up with is a bench, but there are so many benches around.” That would not make their search any easier, although they could check each and every bench on the festival.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She felt the same about all the options she had summed up as Ming did. Nothing felt right, nothing seemed to fit the riddle. Ming could be right, if it held many stories, but never told them it would have to be something that would stand in one place and never move. "You might be right, especially if it holds many stories and from all kinds of people." She assumed that that was what the old and bold meant.

Ming started talking about the bench again, but there were so many benches, how would they know which one specifically? She looked around again, even stood up on the bench in an attempt to look over the people. "I really wish I was taller." She muttered while looking around. "What kind of benches exist? I know of wooden ones and stone ones, but might there be a special one?" Maybe a bench that was a bit more than a simple bench. She just didn't have much experience with benches that she could think of a special one.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A bench. It sounded way too simple. Yet it was all he could come up with beside maybe a statue. Míngzé looked up when Lucina started moving until she was standing on top of the bench. He was aware she was very short, he had no idea how short exactly. “I can always try to lift you on my shoulders, but I don’t think that’s safe.” Míngzé was not sure he would be able to keep his balance if he tried something like that, and he did not want both of them to end up on the ground hurting themselves.

“A special one?” Míngzé repeated as he could not hold back a chuckle. Slowly he shook his head. “Not that I’m aware of.” If there were any of those, he had not heard about them. A sigh escaped and he loosely crossed his arms over his chest. “This is way harder than I imagined it would be.” Or perhaps it was simply because he failed so very badly at riddles that it was unfair towards Lucina that she had to work with him.

“A bus stop?" Míngzé muttered as the idea came to mind. But he was already shaking his head. That also sounded stupid.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

The riddle seemed really hard like this, but she didn't think that the answer should be that hard. Her gaze traveled over her surroundings, trying to find something else that might be it. Sometimes there was a gap in the sea of people and she could see a few things. Like the thing that was spewing water, could that be it? Or was it something she was familiar with like a bridge? Underneath it wouldn't be that strange.

Ming was clear in the fact that he wasn't aware of a special bench, so she really had no idea which bench they should pick even if it was one. "Hm, I don't think it is a bus stop." But it did have a roof over a bench, so something like it might be an option. "Is there something that is a bit like it? A bench with a roof on top of it?" It would definitely be different than others. "Or maybe the thing that is spewing water a little further ahead?" She didn't know the name for it, so she hoped Ming understood what she meant. "Or maybe under a bridge? Light could fall on it and it has shadows underneath." Still, everything she said didn't feel right, maybe Ming would be able to choose between them. "Maybe we should just choose one and go there, see if we're right or wrong." Riddles like this were really not meant for her, that was clear. Maybe when she had more knowledge of this place it would be easier, but not now.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Míngzé listened in silence as Lucina tried her hardest to come up with a few other options. “There is a pavilion, yes,” he said with a soft nod. People would go there at night probably, but something about it also did not feel right. He rubbed his eyes as he continued listening. They were getting nowhere like this, that much was certain. “Where would you hide an arrow on a bridge?” The bigger ones were not really a place you’d go at night, and the smaller ones usually crossed water.

A sigh escaped. It did not hurt if they made the wrong choice, who knows, maybe if luck was at their side they would guess right. “In that case I’d go for the statue in the center of the festival. I’m not sure why people would go there, but it is a watcher and people do go to the square during the evening.” That was truly his only guess. Besides some random bench somewhere.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

It would be a bit hard to hide an arrow under a small bridge, the bigger ones had even room to live under it, but the smaller ones only crossed water or didn't have enough room to hide an arrow. So that wasn't really an option. Then it left whatever was in the center of the festival and Ming seemed to think like that too.

A statue really could be a silent watcher, it was the only thing that they had thought of that seemed a little plausible. When Ming mentioned the statue in the middle of the festival, one that people would definitely tell there stories to and some might even pray to it if they wanted something. It might be their best bet. "Alright, let's go to that statue. It is in the perfect place to watch people and to hear their stories." Though she still didn't agree that it was completely right, but it fit the most. She jumped off the bench so that she was standing on the ground again. "Shall we go and if any of us think of something else, we can always change our destination." Nothing would happen till they placed a kiss of the card.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

They were literally out of options so all they could do at this point was guess and a statue on the main plaza was their best bet. At least that’s what Míngzé believed. After shooing the strange pokémon away from his cane, he stood up and unfolded the thing. “Yeah, and if we can’t find anything else, a statue it is,” Míngzé said with a nod.

He held out his hand to take her arm again. “It should not be far from here.” As they walked, he listened to everything around them, maybe something could yet catch his attention. However, with everything going on around them, it was difficult. It was hard enough to have a casual conversation with Lucina with all the sounds around him, making it almost impossible for him to hear anything else.

“Do you want to do the honor?” Of kissing the letter of course. The idea was weird, but if she did not want to do it, he would. That was the last thing they had to do before they would know the answer.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She really couldn't think of anything else. Whatever they had thought of beside a statue just didn't seem to fit. So that just left a statue and the one in the middle of the square would be their best bet. She placed his hand on her arm again and started to move. Just like Ming said, the statue shouldn't be too far, but they would need to move through the crowd first.

She led him through the crowd and till they were right in front of the statue. She frowned a little as she looked at it. She was really not sure that this would be the right place, but it was better than nothing. "We're here." She told Ming just to be sure. People seemed to moving around them, while the two of them stood here, watching the statue. She took out the letter and looked at the words one more time, maybe she could come up with something else, but sadly nothing else came to mind. "I will do it now." She told Ming, so that he would know what happened. She placed a kiss on the card while standing in front of the statue, wondering what would happen.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Flareon
IC Posts : 468
FlareonAdministrator

[ valentine ] cupid's quest

As you traverse the festival, interpreting the clues and immersing yourselves in the wonders around you, you find yourselves before a statue that resonates with the essence of the riddle. It stands as a guardian, a silent witness to the festival's joy and a beacon of love. Illuminated by a soft glow that highlights its intricate details, the statue exudes serenity and majesty, embodying the spirit of your quest's culmination.

Holding the note between you, a shared glance confirms your mutual feeling—this is the place the riddle meant for you to find. The air seems to pause, heavy with anticipation, as you lean in to press a kiss against the note, a gesture filled with the magic of the moment.

As your lips meet the paper, the world around you subtly shifts. The lights encircling the statue brighten momentarily, casting a celestial glow, and then, with a flutter of wings bathed in light, Togetic appears. The guardian of love and friendship materializes, drawn by the sincerity of your journey, ready to acknowledge the bond you've nurtured.

Togetic dances around you, a display of joy and acceptance, as the air swirls with a warmth that feels like an embrace. With a grace that seems to bend the very light, Togetic presents your reward, a testament to the journey you've undertaken and the connections you've forged.

Mingze
A small, shimmering stone. Its core pulses with a strange elemental energy.

Lucina
A small wheel that's oddly heavy in your hand. It seems to resonate with time itself...

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname:
Sexuality:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Mingze was anything but sure about there decision, but they had to go for something. As they walked he did his best to try and come up with something else that would fit, only to come back empty handed. It was better this way, because he did not want to stay here all day. It was far to busy and the noise on its own was already giving him an headache. Busy places, he did not like them that well.

Lucina told him they finally made it to the statue he talked about, and let go of her arm to give her the space she needed. "It's all or nothing at this point," Mingze said with a slamm grin. Not entirely sure, but it was always nicer to find the right answer. Patiently he waited for her to kiss the letter as they were told.  

Mingze moved his weight backwards when the Togetic apeared once more, slightly startled by their sudden appearance. He did his best to follow the enthousiastic pokémon with his eyes, but it proved to be impossible. "Does this mean we were correct?" he asked Lucina. Something cold ended up in his hands, which caused him to frown. Carefully Mingze traced the edges, wanting to understand what it was. "A rock?" It clearly felt like one, only a bit smoother.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She had expected them to be wrong, but as she pressed her lips to the letter her surroundings started to shift a little. The pokemon appeared again, the one that was presumably a Togetic. It was clear that the pokemon was full of joy, like they had gotten the right answer. Still she barely believed it till something was placed in her hand. She looked over to Ming to find that something had been placed in his hands too.

"Seems like we were right." She confirmed for Ming and looked at the small wheel that had been placed in her hand. It was quite heavy, something she had never seen before and yet it felt like it might be useful in the future. That it might save her from a mistake she might make.

Ming asked whether the one in his hand was a rock and as she looked closer, she knew she had never seen something like this before either. "It looks like a smooth stone, pink in color and it seems to be shimmering a little?" She didn't know how to explain it better than that. If she had known what it was, she would have been able to tell him, but that wasn't the case sadly.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

They did it. Somehow they managed to find the correct answer. The pokémon from earlier was the same one that handed them. However his award was a bit confusing as to the touch, it felt like a normal stone. Míngzé moved it around in his hand. There was something strange about this stone. Not something Míngzé could describe, but it was certainly not a normal stone, of that he was sure. Lucina explained to him what it looked like and he hummed softly in response. “A stone, right, perhaps we did not get the answer correctly after all,” he said jokingly. In the end it did not truly matter what kind of prices they got, it had been fun. Although it left him with a soft headache.

He pocketed the stone in his jacket. “What did you get?” Míngzé asked curiously while he held out his hand to grab her arm again. It was almost time for him to leave, so if there was anything that she still wanted to check out, they should be going.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lucina Roth

She had no idea whether the stone was special or not, she had never seen something like it before after all. But somehow she got the feeling that they had been right, especially with how the Togetic had been acting. "I think we were right though, the pokemon seemed very happy." She told him. Her own item did seem a bit odd, though special too. She had no idea where she would be able to use it, but when the moment came, she suspected that she would know. "Mine?" She asked while turning it around once more. "Some kind of gear? Blueish in color." She had no idea how to describe it other than that.

They had been walking around for a long time now and it wouldn't be strange to end this day soon. But there was one final thing she wanted to go to, if it would help her was something she didn't know, but it was worth a try. "I heard there was a fortune teller." She started, no clue how Ming would feel about it. "Do you think she might be able to help me even a little?" She wanted to believe that that was the case, but Ming might think differently about it. It wasn't like she had any idea of what a fortune teller would do exactly.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content