Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

[m] House call

2 posters
Lamar Sault
IC Posts : 436

Lamar SaultAttuned Affinity
After he had received Ruìsāng’s message, he had told his father to take over the rest of his patients for the day, telling him that he had an emergency. He gathered the things he might need, though he barely even knew the situation. He knew his affinity would help partially, but if it was serious enough even that wouldn’t be enough to heal it.

So just in case he had packed anything that might be necessary, even the vial and some syringes for the rabies shot. He put the bag into the car and stepped behind the wheel, making sure to put the right address into the navigation system before heading off.

He had made haste, worrying about how bad it might actually be. Ruìsāng had only told him that Míngzé had told him that there was blood, but that didn’t tell him how much and if there were any deep wounds. It was a good sign that he was at least talking to someone on the phone.

He parked the car and took the back, before exiting the car. He pushed the button beside Míngzé’s name and hoped that the man would be able to answer himself, otherwise he was going to need someone to open the door here for him.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Mar, Mary
Birthday: 15/06
Sexuality: Bisexual
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

After the adrenaline had left his body, he felt the wave of tiredness hit him like a brick. It was when he sat at his table. Somehow he’d managed to grab his first aid kit from his bathroom, not that he could remember when he’d done so.

It was not too bad. That’s what he told himself, but the wounds kept bleeding. Using his finger he had tried to determine how bad it actually was, but it hurt too much. The moment he brushed against the wound, he pulled back. There was still blood smeared across his face, but luckily that one was no longer bleeding.

Míngzé was glad for the distraction Sāng provided while he tried to fix his arms. Around the time Lamar was mentioned, he’d given up. His elbows leaned on the table as he held his hand up in the air. The simple phone call kept him calm while he waited.

He had no idea how much time had passed when the doorbell rang. One thing he had not anticipated was getting up from his seat to let the man inside. With some effort he pushed himself up, pressed the button without saying anything, opened the door and then sat down again.

These things hurt like a mother fucker, especially the ones on his already scarred arm.

When he could hear someone enter his apartment. “Hi, don’t mind the new decoration,” he said with a small smile. Blood was not his style, sadly enough.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Lamar Sault

It was worse when it was someone that he cared for that needed his help. Especially when he had no idea yet how bad the situation was. He knew he was restless as he waited for Míngzé to open the door for him, knowing that he might have to get someone to open the door if he didn’t. He just hoped that Ruìsāng would keep him talking for as long as possible.

The door opened and he stepped inside the building. He knew which apartment he had to head towards and found out that the elevator was not working, so he needed to take the stairs. Once he was at the right floor, he noticed that the door to the apartment was open and he stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

It wasn’t that he wasn’t used to seeing blood, but it wasn’t the same if you knew it was from someone you cared about. He had first thought that Míngzé might have been attacked outside, but from how it looked, it seemed like it had happened right here. He became aware of the fact that he had just been standing, taking in the situation, so he walked over to the table where Míngzé was seated.

The moment he got close enough he could see some of the wounds, others were covered in some sort of attempt to stop the bleeding. It hadn’t stopped though. He felt an anger towards the person who had done this stirring inside him, but he quenched it quickly, that was not what Míngzé needed right now.

”Is it alright if I touch you?” He didn’t want to touch him suddenly, afraid to scare him. ”To assess your wounds.” He had put the bag down on the table. He hoped he had taken enough with him, though his affinity would be some help at least with the smaller wounds. The deeper ones might need stitching despite his affinity.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The silence that followed after they hung up sent chills down his spine. He never liked it, but it was even worse. Normally he would turn on the tv, but he did not feel like getting up from his seat.

Having Lamar appear at his doorstep soon after almost felt like a blessing. He wished he could greet him at the door, give him a tour through his apartment or something. But it would not work right now. Not when blood decorated his couch, floor, wall and table.

What a way to have Lamar over for the first time.

Míngzé held back a sigh and leaned back in his chair. Hearing Lamar’s voice gave him a reassuring feeling, the idea that things would be alright. Something was placed on the table, presumably some kind of greater medkit.

“Of course,” he said, pulling up the corners of his mouth in a smile. It did not fully reach his eyes. “These are the worst ones I think.” He held out both shaky arms. Some of the cuts were deep, way too deep to heal naturally and caused pain if he even dared to move his fingers.

“I tried to cover them up, stop the bleeding. Sad to say I’m not a good doctor.” A desperate attempt to lighten up the mood, pretend it was not that bad.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He tried to keep himself calm, to assess the situation itself. He knew that it wouldn’t do him nor Míngzé good if he lost his cool here. He waited till he got permission and Míngzé showed him his arms. There were really some deep wounds and they would need stitching despite his affinity. He took both Míngzé’s hands in his own, carefully so as to not hurt him too much.

”It’s good that you at least tried.” It was better than doing nothing. He knew in the back of his mind what Shae had said about Míngzé having an opinion when it came to affinities, but it was the best to use right now. ”I’m going to use my affinity.” He warned Míngzé, making sure that he knew, before concentrating and covering his hands in a layer of water as he kept touching Míngzé’s hands.

He first focused on cleaning them and then healing them till what his abilities allowed. For now it was only his hands, but it was to test how Míngzé would react to this too. He was intending to use it for every wound to at least clean them. It would be tiring, but that didn’t matter. ”How does that feel? I don’t think there are any wounds on your hands that need stitching at least.” Which was good, though he was already looking further up the man’s arms, knowing that those would be harder.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Lamar continued, but what he said made Míngzé’s fingers twitch, the only indication that he wanted to pull back. The idea alone was unsettling. He had never even thought about the possibility that the man had one. Which made sense, given his occupation.

Unconsciously he held his breath and only gave a stiff nod. How he wanted to say no. Tell him that he would go to a hospital instead. His whole posture grew stiff as he sat there, even unable to say anything.

It cost him a lot of effort to keep his hands in Lamar’s when every part of him was yelling at him for this to stop. “It’s okay,” he said, his strained voice revealing how uncomfortable he was. His eyes looked down at their hands, even when they saw nothing. “It tickles— I guess, and a bit cold.” Or was that simply because his own skin was burning.

His hands were not too bad, which would’ve been a relief if he was not fighting the urge to flee. Again. He had to talk, distract his mind. “She—” Míngzé bit his tongue and paused. He did not want to say what exactly happened. “There are a few more I think, one near the base of my neck that does not feel to great.” He was hurt all over, making it difficult to pinpoint every scratch.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He felt Míngzé stiffen the moment he mentioned even using his affinity. He knew that the man had some animosity towards affinities, but for now this was the best way to treat this. Of course he could do it the old fashioned way, but that would be less efficient. ”I’m sorry if you’re uncomfortable, but this works faster for smaller wounds and cleans wounds too.” It was why he had given a warning. If Shae hadn’t told him about it, he might not have.

It wasn’t like he expected Míngzé to change his opinion about affinities, he just hoped that the man would let him help with his. He listened to Míngzé as he started talking about a she, the same she Ruìsāng had talked about last time he assumed. He didn’t want to think about who might have done this, not while the most important thing for now was to focus on healing Míngzé.

There were a few more, he could tell. A lot more than a few actually. ”There are still some more, yes. Your neck and on your arms. Are there any more you haven’t shown me yet?” He asked as he moved one of his hands to the base of his neck, caressing the skin, before starting to treat the wound there. It would take some time, but after the neck he moved on to his arms, working as swiftly as he could. ”Some of those on your arms are going to need stitches.” He told Míngzé, knowing they were too deep for his affinity to properly heal.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Of course Lamar noticed. How could he not? He could already imagine the judgmental look in his eyes. People never understood and he did not expect Lamar to be any different. “I understand.” No ‘it’s fine’ or ‘I don’t mind. He simply understood why Lamar used his affinity.

“I’m not really sure,” he said with a pained smile. Figuring out where all the damage was located was difficult when everything hurt. Míngzé noticed how Lamar shifted and moved his hands to his neck. He tilted his head back and felt how it placed some tension on the wound, but he wanted to give the man better access.

All he did was hum at the mention of stitches. He expected so much and was fine with them.

In a way the soft feeling of Lamar’s affinity at work was soothing. Although it was mostly the man’s own calming presence. The pain lessened each time his hands moved to another spot. “Pretty sure there are some on my legs too. They don’t feel too bad.” As he’d tried to shield his face, his arms had taken most of the damage.

“Sorry that you had to see this.” He should’ve gone to a hospital instead of bothering Lamar. This— it was too much. His life was a mess and now he was involving Lamar too.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He himself couldn't imagine what it was like to be afraid of affinities because of things that have happened to you or others because of them. But he wasn't judging Míngzé here. He had said to Shae that he would try to show him the best an affinity can have, but he wasn't going to push him to change his mind. It wouldn't be fair to do that.

He understood that it must be hard for Míngzé to tell where he was hurt, especially when it must feel like he was hurt all over. He did his best with the man's upper body for now, trying to heal as much as he could. There were apparently some on his legs too. He looked down and knelt down in front of the man to inspect his legs.

He knew those clothes would have to come off once he started the bandaging and such, but for now he put his hands where he spotted a wound and used the affinity to heal. The fact that he used his affinity this many times in a row and with a lot of concentration, meant that it was tiring him out, but it was fine, he would do it for Míngzé.

The moment Míngzé apologised for him having to see this though, he looked up one of his hands leaving their position on his leg, to grab a hand, he squeezed gently. ”Don't worry about it, alright? I wouldn't want you to hide this from me.” Even if Míngzé himself hadn't contacted him, but someone else, it was fine. Míngzé had let him in after all. ”Even if you showed me your worst I would still want to help you.” He believed that.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Lamar could not possibly begin to understand where this whole mess began. It was too much and he really did not want to involve the man any more than necessary. He wanted him to live his life away form all the bad that might happen sooner rather than later.

An almost sad smile found his way to his lips. The man who was helping him by using his affinity, promising he would help him even at his worst. If only he knew how ready he’d been to take all that away. “You don’t know that,” he muttered.

It was nice this way. He did not want to ruin something nice.

By now he expected Lamar to ask some questions, but so far nothing. Once he’d entered his apartment he’d joined him at the table and instantly started healing his wounds. Not one question asked. With a curious look he gazed towards the man. “Are you not curious about what happened?” He looked like he was attacked by a bear or something, and yet no questions. It was possible Sāng had told him, but he doubted that was the case.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He knew he didn't understand why all this had happened to Míngzé. He wanted to assume that it had been an attack, maybe a random one, but the fact that it had happened here and not outside, meant that it was most likely something personal. And yet here he was focusing on getting Míngzé treated without asking questions, just like he alway did when people came to him for help.

It wasn't easy though, to not ask anything when it came down to a person you cared about, it wasn't the same as people who he barely knew. ”I can't say that I don't want to know what happened here.” He told Míngzé. But he wasn't going to force him to tell him. ”But if you don't want to talk about it, I'm not going to push you. If you do I will listen.” And then he wouldn't judge him.

If Míngzé wasn't comfortable with sharing things with him, there wasn't much he could do about that. He could only try to be there for him as much as possible. ”I meant what I said though, I would still help you, no matter what.” He smiled softly with those words. ”Which means I'm going to need to ask you to take your clothes off.” He tried to lighten up the mood a little with that.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

He felt pretty miserable to say the least. While House was his favorite tv show, he did not like looking like one of their special guests. Good thing his doctor did not even come close to dr. House himself. The other’s presence was the only saving grace in all of this.

The truth remained that he could not tell Lamar anything unless he wanted to pull him into this mess. “I can’t, not right now at least,” Míngzé sighed. “One day I might.”When everything was over and done, he hoped he could tell him. No, he would tell him. By now Lamar deserved as much.

A chuckle escaped and Míngzé shook his head at Lamar’s comment. Right, taking off his clothes.

“Is that your medical advice, doctor?”

Perhaps he’d lost a bit too much blood after all.

Now he wished he was wearing a shirt with buttons. Míngzé held his shirt and pulled it halfway before a hiss escaped. It caused tension on the wounds. “I could use some help,” he confessed, his shirt halfway. At this point it might’ve been better if they cut the shirt to pieces.  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

Míngzé told him that he couldn't tell him right now, which was fine. Even if it meant that he wouldn't know what exactly happened, except for that he had been hurt by the same person that Ruisang had been.

”Alright, just tell me when you're ready then.” A part of him did wonder if Míngzé didn't trust him enough to tell him what had happened, but he pushed those thoughts away. It wouldn't do him nor Míngzé any good if he started to think like that.

He told Míngzé to take his clothes off, hoping that it would lighten the mood a little. ”It is, though I can't say that I'm purely asking it because of that.” Of course there was a part of him that wanted to see Míngzé with his clothes off. It didn't help what Ruisang had said over text.

”It's just not possible after Ruisang told me that you wanted me to suck you off.” It was a casual remark, but it had been something he couldn't get out of his head though. He saw Míngzé struggle with his clothes and he knew he needed to help. ”Do you want me to just cut them off?” It wasn't like they were still intact not after what had happened.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

His attempt at removing his shirt failed miserably, only worsening by the comment made by Lamar. Choking in his own saliva was one of the many things he did not expect to happen that day. In an attempt to mask it, he started coughing.

“He told you that, uh?”

Of course he did. What did he expect? It’s Sāng! And this is his own fault because he was not careful with his own words

What little progress he’d made was undone as he pulled his shirt down again. Now he knew what Sāng had told Lamar when he said he texted him.

Part of him wanted to apologize for Sāng’s shameless behavior, but was that really needed? The other’s facial expressions were a mystery to him, but there was the tone in his voice, the words he used. His golden eyes rested on Lamar as if searching for something.

Míngzé lifted his arms, moving them out of the way for Lamar. “Go ahead.” The shirt was ready for the trash anyway.

“I must confess, it's been the most stressful day.” Was it smart? Certainly not. Was it truly harmful? No. “Almost a shame I won’t be able to do much else.” He used the same casula voice Lamar had used. These wounds needed to be taken care of first anyway. Getting distracted now might not be the best idea.  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He smiled slightly when his comment got a reaction from Míngzé. He knew it would be able to take his mind off what had happened, even just for a little while. ”He did,” He confirmed, as he looked up at Míngzé. He knew the man wouldn’t be able to read his expression, but there had been no hesitation when he had made the comment.

The moment Míngzé gave the go ahead, he opened the bag and rummaged around for the scissors he was quite sure he had brought with him. They would be able to cut cloth easier than the ones people used every day. While he had been searching, he heard the words Míngzé said next. Almost as if the man was suggesting something.

”It certainly might help you relax a bit and might even take your mind off things.” And he wouldn’t need to do anything either, just let it happen to him. It was not like he was against doing it, otherwise he wouldn’t have even brought it up.

”I’m going to cut the shirt now.” And afterwards they would need to see about the pants. They would need to get off too, but those might not need to be cut. He started with the sleeves, being mindful of the wounds that were still there, making quick work of the shirt till he could take it off completely.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

“I might kill him for that,” Míngzé mentioned casually. He did not mean it. Maybe. Yet a part of him was relieved. Even after all the hardships his friend had endured, some things had remained the same.

If he let himself feel all the stress and exhaustion that was currently in his body, he would most definitely cry. What Míngzé could do was explain his whole sob story to Lamar, tell him about what happened, how stupid he’d been and how terrified he actually was.

He did not want that.

What he wanted was exactly what Lamar described. Relaxation, an empty head, a way out of this mess.

One corner of his mouth twitched into a smile, but he quickly corrected himself again. “How lucky I am to have a doctor at my side who is so knowledgeable,” he mused calmly.

Before Lamar started cutting, there was a warning. Every now and then he felt the cool metal brushing against his skin. It did not take long before Lamar had undone him of his shirt. Some cuts became visible, most of them nothing too bad. You could almost count all his ribs, while his barely noticeable muscles didn't help either.

Slowly but surely his body was turning into a canvas for stories. The ugly burns that spread over his right one, an uneven circle on his stomach and now these scratch marks. How he hoped they would not scar too. He did not need the reminder each scar gave him.

“How does it look?”

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

Of course he had seen more than enough people with their upper bodies exposed during his work, but this wasn’t the same. Yes, he had been the one to remove the shirt, but his eyes took in everything before him. His fingers traced the scar on his stomach. It could tell a lot about someone, but he wasn’t going to ask.

”Not too bad, the smaller wounds should be easy enough. I will quickly stitch up the larger ones.” He would need to use local anaesthesia for that, but it would only be needed for a few of them. ”Then we can see what I can do about your lower parts.” And he didn’t just mean the wounds there with that. As far as he had seen, the ones there were not that serious, so he could quickly heal those before going to the next step.

He grabbed everything he would need, before working on the wounds on Míngzé’s upper body. Healing the smaller ones with his affinity, while he cleaned the larger ones, before stitching them up, making sure that Míngzé was aware of each step he was taking and what he was doing. It couldn’t be easy if you couldn’t see what someone else was doing to you.

Once he was satisfied with his work, he put everything back on the table. ”That should do it.” He told Míngzé, while his gaze did travel down now. ”So do you need help with those pants?” There was a note of a smile in his voice, Míngzé could do it himself of course, but he wouldn’t mind helping.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

His stomach muscles tensed at the light touch against the scar. He awaited a question, but again none came. “I assure you I’m not in the habit of getting hurt,” he tried his best at a joke. Was it even true? These last few months beg to differ.

At least his torso remained pretty much unharmed. “You seem pretty worried about my lower parts,” Míngzé noticed almost innocently.

All the previous tension returned when Lamar started working. The usage of his affinity brought forth complicated feelings. He wondered if he would’ve said ‘no’ if it was someone else. While he did not see the wounds heal, he could feel it.

Yet as the stitching began he was in a way grateful. It was not that it hurt that much, thanks to Lamar. While Lamar worked, he stayed quiet. Míngzé focussed on the cars outside, the distant muttering of people, his neighbors moving a chair. He wondered what they were doing or saying, what the destinations of those cars were. Everything to keep his mind occupied.

It was horrible to say the least.

And yet when the other’s hand lingered a bit longer, the magic of his affinity spreading through the wound, taking the pain and discomfort away, he felt just a hint of comfort. It disappeared the moment he noticed.

A deep sigh of relief sounded and his shoulders visibly relaxed when Lamar mentioned they were done. His arms felt like a weird mixture of soreness and numbness. “Thanks,” he said. With one hand he gently traced his arm, feeling Lamar’s handiwork below the tips of his fingers. “Not nearly as good as how I did it, but it will work.” He smiled lightly before lowering his hand again.

Normally he would like a new shirt first but now he did not mind.

“Do you even have to ask?” Míngzé said with one tilted eyebrow and a hint of a smile. No matter what, he would not get them off himself, and he would almost feel sorry for Lamar if he said ‘no’.

Míngzé slowly rose to his feet, finding his balance first. “I’ll allow it,” he said as he smiled. He waited, his gaze resting on the vague silhouette he saw before him. He placed one hand on the table for extra support. If Lamar was this eager to help, he could do it all himself.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He wanted to work quickly, to make sure that Míngzé wouldn't have to be uncomfortable for too much longer. It wasn't like he could heal everything, his affinity couldn't perform any miracles after all, but it helped speed things up a lot and it helped prevent infection, which was also good.

He smiled when Míngzé told him he had done good, though not as good as he had. ”Yours was a very good try.” For someone who could not see what he was doing that was. He wondered if Míngzé would want to put on a new shirt first, but he didn't.

No he knew he didn't need to ask, but he still asked. Now that he had permission though, he wasn't going to hesitate. As Míngzé rose to his feet, he himself knelt down on the ground. It would make access easier after all.

His fingers first touched his stomach once more travelling down till they found the waistband of the pants. Undoing the button and zipper, he slowly pulled down the pants, making sure that he wouldn't hurt Míngzé by doing so.

Once the pants were down his hands travelled back up, softly touching the wounds he found along the way, healing them as he did so till they came close to that area. His touches became lighter as he traced over the inside of his thighs, looking up to gauge his reaction. He wasn't going to continue if Míngzé didn't want this, but up to now he hadn't received any signal that he wouldn't want this.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A short chuckle escaped. A very good try. “Nice of you to word it like that.” In other words it had been a horrible and failed attempt. Which did not come as a surprise, it hurt more after he took care of the wounds than before.

But it was better now. All Míngzé had to remember was to be careful with what he did. Which was obviously why Lamar’s hands were the ones unbuttoning his pants, pulling them down after and joining them kneeled down on the ground.

His attention solely went to the touches tracing his body with precision. In a way they felt like they were almost teasing him. No longer did he pay any attention to the real reason this was happening in the first place.

The last of the wounds must’ve been healed by now, as Lamar’s hands traced up to where he was certain no wounds needed healing.

In a way this was almost new unexplored territory for him. All these years there had only been one and no one after that. Although rolls had been mostly reversed back then. He did not mind the change-up this time. It was thrilling.

His breathing got deeper and he closed his eyes, anticipating what would come next. “You know you don’t have to, right?” he breathed, a smile tugging at his lips, knowing fully well Lamar was not complaining and neither would he. By now there was no real stopping anymore, he was longing for it, more than he cared to admit.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content