Guidebook
Memberlist
Accountswitch

[m] House call

2 posters
Lamar Sault
IC Posts : 436

Lamar SaultAttuned Affinity
He made sure that the shower was a quick one, so after he had cleaned everything he stepped out, got himself dry once more and got dressed as he put his hair up in a ponytail. He could try to dry his hair completely with his affinity, but that would take time and for now it would help with preventing his clothes from getting too wet.

Once he had put everything on, he walked out of the bathroom and back into the living room. It was just like he had left it, so Míngzé had indeed chosen to head to his bedroom. He considered looking for the leftovers, but it couldn’t hurt to ask once more if Míngzé wanted something to eat too.

He headed into the bedroom quietly, making sure that if Míngzé was sleeping he wouldn’t just wake him up. He saw the man underneath the blankets on one side of the bed. His steady breathing was a clear sign that he was asleep. He knew he could turn around and get himself something to eat, but instead he climbed onto the bed beside Míngzé and sat down with his back against the headboard.

One hand found his way to Míngzé’s hair, softly ruffling through it. He wasn’t intending on waking the man up, so this was the only thing he did as he quietly watched him sleep. He considered taking out his phone, anything to keep his mind off things, but for now he just focused on Míngzé.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Mar, Mary
Birthday: 15/06
Sexuality: Bisexual
Míngzé Xǔ
IC Posts : 1175

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS
SHOWS ITS FACE, LIKE A NIGHTMARE, AGAIN, THIS REPETITIVE PATTERN

Míngzé was only vaguely aware someone had joined him in the bed. There was a certain familiarity to the presence, the only reason he did not think twice. Something brushed through his hair, the gesture soothing. I did not take long before he fell into a deeper sleep.

Sleep was much needed as his body and mind needed time to process all the events of the past day. It had been filled with warmth, reminders of the good times. For a good portion of his dreams, they had been filled with exactly that. During those moments he was relaxed, his breathing deep but calm.

Only when somehow he was reminded over everything that came before things changed. First a frown, then his breathing became faster and at some point he became more restless. Always moving his arms and legs around, turning from one side to the other and back again.

Until he had the feeling something came crashing down upon him and with a jolt he jumped awake, sitting straight up as he pressed his back against the headboard. A scream was lost in his throat, not able to make it over his lips.  

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Nickname: Ming, Zé
Birthday: 13/2
Lamar Sault

He hadn’t wanted to disturb Míngzé, just softly ruffling through his hair and once he was sure that Míngzé was good and well asleep, he took off his shirt and pants, just leaving his underwear, so that he could at least try to get some sleep too. He hadn’t expected this to happen, so he hadn’t brought a change of clothes with him. He hadn’t even thought to ask Míngzé to borrow some of his before the other had fallen asleep, but this worked.

He crawled under the blankets, making himself a bit more comfortable too. He didn’t know how much sleep he would get, but it was better than nothing. He turned onto his side so that he was facing where Míngzé lay and closed his eyes, falling asleep not long after.

He didn’t know how much time passed or what exactly woke him up, but at one point Míngzé had apparently started moving in his sleep, the sleep that had seemed peaceful at first now clearly restless. He hadn’t been sleeping deeply, so he noticed it immediately. He watched with a frown, wondering if he should wake the man up, but before he could make the decision Míngzé suddenly jumped awake.

He pushed himself up too, a hand reaching out to touch Míngzé on the arm. It was a soft touch, just to let him know he was still here. Though he didn’t speak yet, first wanting to know whether Míngzé was okay, since whatever he might have dreamed was something that had woken him up like this.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ
Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

In his dreams, although they could mostly be called nightmares, he was attacked. All Mingze did was sit somewhere enjoying a cup of coffee, when all of the sudden someone pushed him over. Pain followed even when he did not know where it came from. In that moment he was terrified, afraid that he might die.

He tried his best to shield himself, get the attacker off him and at some point he succeeded.

Still half asleep he jolted awake. In his mind he had to create distance, which was exactly why he moved back. For a second mingze thought all would be fine, but that was not the case.

Something touched his arm and insticivly he pulled back, slapping the had away as he did so. With a bewildered look he gazed to the other side of his bed.

Wait... there was someone...Lamar? How could forget about him. "Oh, fuck, I´m so sorry," he breathed heavily. He was no longer used to sleeping with someone. Mingze never expected to be waking up now with someone there.

His heart was still hammering in his chest as he stared out in the darkness. "You stayed." Mingze was talking mostly to himself, reminding himself of all the wonders that had also happened in an attempt to calm down. He placed a hand against his chest, feeling te strong beating heart beneath his fingertips.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He knew that touching the other might have been a wrong move, that he might get startled because of it. It was also the reason that he had reached out with his left hand, while he normally would have done so with his right. He really couldn't injure that wrist once more. It came as no surprise really when Míngzé slapped his hand away as he pulled back his arm.

He had asked Míngzé whether he wanted him to stay and the man had said yes, so he had done so. Even if it was just for one night, he hoped he was able to help. He wanted Míngzé to at least feel a little secure, even though that was most likely near impossible. ”No need to apologise.” He told him honestly, he had expected it when he tried to touch him.

”I did,” Was the simple answer he gave as he watched Míngzé put a hand to his chest, most likely feeling the heartbeat underneath. ”If you didn't want me to sleep on the bed, sorry, but I thought the couch wouldn't be the best option.” He would sleep on the floor if the bed really wasn't an option though.

”Are you alright?” Once more he wasn't going to ask if he wanted to talk about it. If Míngzé wanted to he would, otherwise he would make sure he was here. Even if they spend the rest of the time he was here in bed, it would be fine.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

It had come as a total surprise before realization dawned down upon him. Their conversation from last night came back to him. Lamar had promised he would stay over for the night.

Míngzé raised his knees to his chest, leaning forward on them before his fingers moved through his hair. How stupid he had been for reacting like this. For a moment a thought crossed his mind. Should he have sent Lamar home? Then at least this would not have happened. He knew what certain events could do to him, how he responded to them. Míngzé knew he would wake up from a nightmare this way.

“No, no, it’s fine,” Míngzé sighed deeply, his jaw tense at the mention of his couch. Yeah, no, that one was out of the question. Another deep breath and he tried to calm him some more. “Of course you were welcome to sleep here,” he continued as he shot Lamar a quick smile.

A shiver ran down his back. It was a bit chilly, especially since sweat stuck to him, caused by the nightmare he had. “I will be.” This was not the first time he woke up form a bad dream. All he needed was some time and perhaps then he could get some more sleep. Or not. That had also happened quite a lot. Only now he could not go inside and turn on House.

“Did you find anything to eat?” That had been one of their last conversations before he crashed on his bed. A stupid question perhaps, but it would grant him a distraction.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

Had he made a mistake sleeping here? Should he have opted for the ground? He would have regretted it right now if that was the case, but maybe Míngzé would have appreciated that. But Míngzé told him that it was fine, clearly getting more tense at the mention of the couch. He should have kept quiet about that part.

He asked whether Míngzé would be okay and the man told him that he would be. Though he wondered if that was really true. This wasn’t something you could easily just put behind you. ”Just tell me if you need me.” In whatever way, though it just reminded him of what had happened already.

At the mention of food, he could feel his stomach growling. That must be enough of an answer. ”I didn’t look yet,” That was the truth and he looked at Míngzé with a slightly worried expression. ”Should I see if I can heat up something for the both of us?” He would need to eat too, even if he didn’t feel that hungry. It was better than not eating anything for now.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

How often had Lamar told him that day to tell him if he needed anything, and each time he received the same answer. It did not change. Things were good the way they were now, they were exactly what he needed. The presence of the other with him here right now was enough. Each touch gave him a feeling of security.

“You’re doing more than enough,” Míngzé decided to say this time, only a hint of a smile on his lips. He really did not need more than what he was already receiving. All he wished for was to find a way to take away all that worry Lamar was feeling. Having nightmares certainly did not help.

Míngzé looked up when Lamar mentioned he had not yet eaten. He fiddled a bit with his fingers. Had he come directly to bed right after his shower? It must be. But there it was again, the slight push towards him eating something, even when Lamar tried not to show it too much. “Yeah sure, there should be some pasta I believe.” Although he really did not feel hungry at all.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He might be saying it too much at this point, but he did mean it. He wanted to help where he could, but it seemed like Míngzé thought he had already done more than enough and yet it felt like he had mostly done things that only benefited himself.

He couldn't help but feel worried because of what had happened, especially since it had happened inside this apartment. It couldn't be easy, but he didn't want to keep pushing either.

At the mention of some pasta, he got off the bed and turned to look at Míngzé. ”I will go and warm that up then, do you want to eat here?” It wasn't his bed, so it was really up to Míngzé what he wanted.

Once he got an answer he headed to the kitchen and took out the pasta, putting it in the microwave to warm it up. Once he thought it was warm enough, he took it to where Míngzé was. If the situation had been different he might have made something himself, but this worked for now.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

The last thing he could think of really was food. His last meal had been somewhere in the morning. From there everything had gone downhill. He never ate that much, but he always ate something. Now however he preferred an empty stomach.

Yet, Lamar did not seem to give him any other choice. “I’ll join you inside in a bit,” Míngzé promised him with a smile that never managed to reach his eyes.

He waited until the man was out of the bed and left his room before he lay down once more. Should he have declined the offer? Probably. Yet that would only have caused more worry. As he lay there flat on his back, he took his time to fully recover from his nightmare that was still fresh in his mind.

”Fuck,” he muttered quietly to himself. The thought crossed his mind that Lamar might not have been the right person to— well— do this with. All the worry he had shown, although very sweet, was maybe not what he needed. Or wanted.

Míngzé heaved a deep breath before finally getting out of bed. Luckily he found his robe quick enough and tossed it over his shoulders. Then he left his bedroom and went straight for his kitchen, not paying anything else any attention. “Looks like you found it,” Míngzé mentioned as he could smell the pasta. He sat down at the kitchen table, his limbs feeling heavy and sleep still very present.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He knew that Míngzé might not want to eat, but a part of him wanted him to at least eat something. Yes, people could definitely survive without food for quite a while, but it wouldn't do them much good in the long run. Even a little would be better than nothing.

So he headed to the kitchen, found the pasta and warmed it up. Meanwhile Míngzé had joined him, sitting down at the table. His own gaze travelled for a moment to the couch, the place where most likely things had gone down. He doubted Míngzé would ever want to sit on it again, but getting rid of it must not be easy either.

He brought two plates to the table, setting one down in front of Míngzé. ”Just eat what you can.” Each bite was better than nothing. Though he wouldn't blame him if he couldn’t even manage one bite. He took a bite from the pasta as he watched Míngzé quietly. This was definitely different than the blind date had been, he was quite sure that no brains would be in here.

A slight smile played on his lips as he thought back at that moment. ”You're not making me eat brains now right?” He wanted to ask how Míngzé was, if there was any discomfort or something else, but instead he opted for something entirely else. Something that might lighten the mood even a little.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Things were fine. She was no longer in his home, no one else knew the location of this artifact, he should be safe. Maybe after repeating that same sentence a million times he might start believing it too.

A plate was placed down in front of him. Not even the smell could convince him that he needed food. It was good, he had made it himself only a day ago. The taste would still be the same and he would still like it. And yet, he did not touch it.

With his fork in hand he poked the food, pushing it from one side to the other. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you really liked those brains,” Míngzé answered with a fond expression. It had been a good blind date, but he never expected them to end up in this situation.

He placed his right elbow on the table before cupping his cheek in his hand. “Do you like it?” Míngzé asked to prevent an uncomfortable silence from hitting them like a rock. A bit of the food ended up on his fork, but he dropped it again. By now he was more playing with his food than anything else.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He took another bite of the food, which was actually quite good. He did wonder if Míngzé had made it himself, they hadn't really talked about things like that after all. Yes, they had spoken about some preferences and what they did, but there was so much more they didn't even know about each other. This was just one of those things.

”I didn't and I would rather make sure that there's no brains in here.” But his tone wasn't as serious as his words might sound like. ”I would like to think that you wouldn't do that to me.” It still didn't seem like Míngzé was taking a bite, though he wasn't going to assume that there might be brains in there because of that.

His eyes found Míngzé when he asked whether he liked it, so Míngzé had really made this himself. He had assumed that the man would at least be able to cook, but he was quite decent at it even. ”Yes, I do, you made this yourself?” Maybe someone else had and he had just come to the wrong conclusion.

He himself was quite average when it came to cooking. He could make something that was edible and decent, but it wasn't like he was really good at it. He could follow a recipe at least and of course everything he had made many times before. So he knew how much work could go into making food and he could only imagine how much more something like that might be for someone blind.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Those brains would forever be a part of them, something neither of them would ever be able to forget and for good reasons. It was not everyday someone ate them. “I can’t guarantee anything. They might have misplaced the brains at the supermarket.” WIth certainty he could say that there were no brains in this dish.

“I did, yes. Whenever I can I try to cook for myself.” Not that he loved cooking, but he liked it well enough to spend some time on it. It was one of the few things he had learned to do himself, all to prove to his family that he could take care of himself. The amount of times he had cut in his own fingers was ridiculous.

Now it was time to poke his fork in the pasta and twist it around. “There was this bonfire during New Years Eve and I baked brownies,” Míngzé started his tale. This way he was at least not thinking too much. “They were not a big success. I don’t think anyone even took a bite.” There was an almost sad look in his eyes. “Apparently they looked like eh— shit, actual shit.” He laughed softly. Again he pushed the food out of his way.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It was true that Míngzé might have picked the wrong meat in the supermarket, though he doubted that he wouldn't have noticed that there were brains once he started working with them. He was quite sure they would have a particular feeling, so he wasn't even going to comment on that. He just took another bite as a sign that he clearly knew that there was nothing in there.

”It's better than I can do.” He made sure to say. ”My cooking is really average, just learned what I needed to be able to make a meal.” His mother was the one who cooked most of the time still. With both him and his father working late in the clinic more often than not. But when his parents weren't there, he would still need to be able to take care of himself.

He listened to the story that came next. Brownies that apparently looked like actual shit. ”Well, if this food is anything to go on, they would have tasted good at least.” He was a little curious about what they looked like, though he doubted Míngzé would make them again just for a reason like that. ”I am curious what they looked like and of course how they tasted.” Who couldn't have tried something that Míngzé had clearly done his best to make?
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

Apparently this was better than whatever Lamar could make. Míngzé pulled the corners of his lips up in a tiny smile. “There is no reason to be perfect at it, as long as it’s good, I’m sure it’s fine.” Not everything had to be a culinary masterpiece. “I had to prove somehow that I was capable of living on my own, which is the only reason I really learned how to cook,” Míngzé explained with a quick shrug. His parents would do anything for him, always taking any responsibility away from him.

This whole conversation reminded him how long it has been since he last visited them. Not that he could now, they would not let him leave if they saw the state he was in. Then there was also the fact he would probably endanger them.

“Given that my cousin nearly killed me because she thought I gave her a box full of something else, I fear that they indeed looked like it,” Míngzé explained with a sigh. Things had been vastly different back then. While he did not think it could get any worse form their on out, it certainly did. “No one really cared about their taste.” At the end of the night, practically all of them had still been left.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

It was certainly true that there was no reason to be perfect at cooking, though it would be more enjoyable. He could understand why his parents would want to make sure that he was able to live on his own. In that sense Míngzé was a lot more independent than he was. He doubted there were many people his age that still lived with their parents.

”You’re doing better than me then. I still live with my parents, since the house is attached to the clinic.” He could have rented or bought an apartment close by, but the need hadn’t been there yet and he would be slower to respond if there were an emergency. Still it meant that he was thirty years old and still living with his parents.

It didn’t come as a surprise that barely any of it had been eaten, but it was unfair to someone who had clearly put some effort into it. ”She didn’t even try to taste them?” He knew that if someone thought that Míngzé would give them a box of real shit, that they didn’t know him all that well. Not that he knew him that well already, but he wanted to think that Míngzé wouldn’t give him shit on purpose.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

He was doing better. Or at least that is what Lamar made of it. If only he was aware of everything else happening in his life, the struggles he went through. Míngzé was glad he still lived in this place. Or that he had at least a place to stay at. It was more than he could wish for.

“Living the good life.” There were pro’s and con’s to both of them. Míngzé was sure he would not be able to live at home anymore, not after living alone for so long. “Nothing wrong with still living at home, especially if that’s also where your job’s at.” He ended with a shrug. With him it had simply been because he had something to prove, otherwise who knew where he would be living.

“After nearly ripping my head off my body? No, she did not,” Míngzé said with a small smile. “Next time I’ll just bake cookies, round ones. Nothing can go wrong with that.” Or he would bring absolutely nothing. That might be the safer option.

Míngzé finally pushed his plate away from him. It would not matter how often he poked his fork in it, his appetite never came.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Lamar Sault

He knew that not everyone might think that living with your parents was such a bad thing, but for example what they had been doing here today would only cause questions at his home. Not necessarily for Míngzé, but definitely for him once Míngzé would have taken his leave. It was true that nothing was wrong with it, but it definitely had some cons too.

”Well, I would call it a bit of a con that we wouldn’t be able to do what we did here unless we could keep quiet.” And he would definitely need to lock the door, because he wouldn’t want another barn incident but then with one of his parents. No, he would rather not imagine that.

Cookies were definitely a safe option for the next time. ”Or I could help and make sure they look okay.” If Míngzé was responsible for the taste, they should work out fine right? He would just need to make sure they had the right shape. ”But cookies are definitely a safe option.” Those were never really a perfect round shape if you made them yourself.
Míngzé Xǔ

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Míngzé Xǔ

Míngzé XǔBlessed by ????
HYPOCRITE OF DARKNESS

A soft but tired chuckle escaped. Míngzé placed both elbows on the table and folded his hands together. “That would’ve been a problem, I agree.” Especially the last part. From what he remembered, they were not particularly quiet. “Although, there are ways that make it easier, I guess.” He fiddled a little bit with his hands as he sat there, a very small grin on his lips.

After everything he was still very tired, the short nap was not nearly enough. Míngzé thought about getting a coffee, but he would wait a bit longer until Lamar had finished his food.

“Is that for now or are you planning on sticking around ‘till next year?” Míngzé asked with a hint of amusement in his voice. It was still a long time until the New Year. So much could still happen and given what was going on, he was not looking forward to it at all. “Small cookies that look like little christmas trees,” he mused out loud. By the time he needed them, he would probably have already forgotten about this whole conversation.

Character sheet
Icon:
Relationship:
Sponsored content